KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Unhosted Role Plays » SeeD Saga --- OOC and Sign-Up

SeeD Saga --- OOC and Sign-Up
Started by: iKinneas

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
iKinneas
Black Swordsman

SeeD Saga --- OOC and Sign-Up

SeeD Saga: Destined Chaos

Time has grown bleak in the past few centuries. Since the original defeat of Sorceress Ultimecia, and the passing of both hers and Edea's powers to Rinoa Heartilly, everything has gone to Hell. Within a very brief time, a world war broke out between supporters of Sorceresses and those who would have their heads. A mercenary group known as SeeD, now headed by Squall Leonhart and Quistis Trepe, as well as Squad Commanders Irvine Kinneas, Selphie Tilmitt, and Zell Dincht were dispatched to prevent political uprisings, and to perform SeeD's original purpose: Protection of the current Sorceress, no matter the cost. Years and years passed, the SeeD mercs fighting in order to quell the threats that befell Rinoa, until one day, she fell to a single blade, granting her powers to a lone girl, who would soon after disappear without a trace.

The war would all but end, leaving in its wake a long-held tension amongst the five continents:

Esthar to the East, Galbadia to the West, Trabia to the North, Balamb at dead center, and the Outer Islands to the South.

Two centuries passed, the tensions holding until one day, ambassadors arriving from Balamb and Galbadia would meet in the most neutral location imaginable: a remote space station known as Sol del Luna. Treaties were passed in an attempt at peace between the two nations, and alliances were forged. Now, a new peace summit is set for the Esthar government, ambassadors arriving there for the summit. Accompanying each is a small group of their own SeeD units, newly reformed with the new goal of keeping peace throughout the lands from whence they come.

Along the way, several threats will be posed. Anything that is even slightly probable... is possible. Vampires, Sprites, Lycans, Summons... Anything, so long as you do not god-mod. As many may have noticed, yes, this is my own unique twist on the follow-up to Final Fantasy 8, more or less. Much, however, has changed. Characters will no longer draw magic from the map or enemies, but simply will have a solitary element of magic they are good with. (Fire, Ice, Lightning, Healing, etc.) [yes, i know healing is not an actual element, but for my purposes, humor me]

As stated, centuries have passed, so none of the original characters are playable. We're looking at a BRAND NEW CAST. So be thinking of a character, if you are interested. New SeeD units means new Classes, dependent on how you play and what sort of character you want. Race is no matter of importance if you prefer to play a SeeD. All I ask is be creative.

I would like someone to play the sorceress, so please, if you are interested, PM me with a sample of your material and let me know you're interested. I don't want a huge paragraph, but I would like something showing you can string together a coherent line of spelling and grammar. I don't ask perfection, just something that makes sense (i.e. "Someone must have set us up!" rather than "Someone set up us the bomb!") The sorceress is a major role, and I would like her player to be active, as well, if possible.

Character classes are as follows:

Sniper: Best suited for ranged attacks, these are your riflemen, your distance fighters, etc. They will almost always have a rifle on their person, and are known for the ability to deliver from far off. Excel in guns of most kinds. Hardly ever miss.

Spectre: Stealth units. Best for sneaking and infiltration, they usually excel in close-quarters combat (CQC) and carry close-range weaponry. Good with lockpicks of all kinds.

Techie: Techno-Whizkids. These are the ones who use all of the latest gadgets. They are good at hacking or wiring, as well as lockpicking. Decent at fighting, and usually stay out of the field, unless proper backup/technology is supplied. Perfect for recon.

Bladesman: No guns here. These fighters are all about swords, knives, and daggers. They usually have a proficiency in blade arts, and are quite accurate with throwing knives/daggers most of the time.

Gunslinger: Different from your Snipers in the respect that these guys will carry only guns, and rarely are they rifles. Gunslinger classes tend to favor pistols and shotguns, but can function well with any type of gun, usually. They maintain a firm belief that blades are a thing of the past.

Caster: Usually these will be your strict magic users, though some will carry blade(s) or gun(s) as secondary weapon(s). Their magic is true, and they can use White and Dark magic. Their GF compatability tends to rise rather quickly in comparison to other classes.

Medic: As the name implies, these little buggers are good with healing. Whether it be creation of healing items or proficiency in healing magicks, they fly above the rest in the arts of medicine, and tend to carry a standard machine gun or set of pistols.

Character sheets:

Name: (let's refrain from using descendants of the originals. for the sake of avoiding arguments)
Age: (SeeD units usually hit 18 for the admission as a SeeD)
Race: (just don't overpower yourself and anything is fair game)
Class: (explained below)
Garden: (this will explain where they were trained, and should be named appropriately based upon their home country. i.e., Galbadia Garden, Balamb Garden, etc.NOTE:: There is NO GARDEN in the Outer Islands!!! If you are from there, attend another Garden, and mention your origins in a post and/or your bio, please.)
Weaponry: Keeping in mind this is a Final Fantasy spin-off and has potetial for some ridiculous weapons, let's keep it user-friendly for yourself and the other players, please)
Garden Fighter {GF}: (these are the summons for this one. again, nothing too overbearing. one per character, and please, don't fight. many people can use the same one. also, let's throw this out there: bahamut in any variation, as well as anima, yojimbo, and the magus sisters... are ridiculously overpowered and should be avoided if possible, please)
Appearance: (a pic or a written description is fine. whichever you find more approachable)
Bio: (nothing too expansive, unless you want it to be. just something to explain a small bit about your character. behaviors, mannerisms, personality, also fit in here.)

Next post, I will have up my character. Everyone else... Have fun. When we get three or four of you to come along, I will open the actual RP thread.

A person is very strong when he seeks to protect something. I'll expect a good fight. - Heathcliff, SAO 1:13

Old Post Jan 6th, 2010 05:09 PM
iKinneas is currently offline Click here to Send iKinneas a Private Message Find more posts by iKinneas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iKinneas
Black Swordsman

(please log in to view the image)

Name: Kale "Ghost" McIntyre
Race: Human
Class: SPECTRE
Garden: Galbadia Garden
Weaponry: Gunblade, Twin Pistols, Pocket Knife
Garden Fighter (GF): Diablos (Special Effect: Demi {Releases into the air a toxin that will disorient an enemy for several seconds, usually long enough for a quick escape from a bad situation. Also has slight chance that hit will cause headaches and minor nausea. Stamina is dropped slightly.})
Appearance: {See Above Pic}
Bio: Ghost, as he now is called, was born and raised in Galbadia, and his greatest dream had always been to join SeeD. Now that his goals have been accomplished, he is out to prove that he is the best SPECTRE unit in all of SeeD. He is loyal to his friends, but tends to be overly cautious around others. Tends to be bipolar, showing mostly in that some days he is incredibly social, and others he is quite antisocial. His condition has remained un-modified by medication, and as such is prone to kicking in at the worst times on occasion, making what few friends he has that can stand him the ones he trusts the absolute most. Ghost has been a fighting member of SeeD for three years now, and has participated in a total of seventeen missions since the initial year of SPECTRE training upon admission.

A person is very strong when he seeks to protect something. I'll expect a good fight. - Heathcliff, SAO 1:13

Old Post Jan 6th, 2010 05:21 PM
iKinneas is currently offline Click here to Send iKinneas a Private Message Find more posts by iKinneas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TxG
Evil Genius

Name: Sienna Harraway
Class: Caster
Garden: Balamb
Weapory: Pin Wheel
Garden Fighter: SHIVA - Diamond Dust
Appearance (please log in to view the image)
Bio: has been apart of Balamb garden for 2 years now she has a good reputation and is a newly recruited seed member. She is efficent and always says what's on her mind and is open upfront and honest and is especially loyal to her garden and respects the other gardens as well.

Last edited by TxG on Jan 6th, 2010 at 05:56 PM

Old Post Jan 6th, 2010 05:49 PM
TxG is currently offline Click here to Send TxG a Private Message Find more posts by TxG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TxG
Evil Genius

EDIT. changed her name to Lucia Grant

Old Post Jan 6th, 2010 06:03 PM
TxG is currently offline Click here to Send TxG a Private Message Find more posts by TxG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iKinneas
Black Swordsman

Coolies, approved! Nice use of Shiva, BTW! XD

Old Post Jan 6th, 2010 06:16 PM
iKinneas
Black Swordsman

Also, for those who are unfamiliar, here is a pic of Diablos:

Old Post Jan 6th, 2010 06:57 PM
Young_Angel
Dark side of the Moon...

Will post me character soon. smile Won't be long for me to do so. ^^

Old Post Jan 6th, 2010 07:16 PM
Young_Angel is currently offline Click here to Send Young_Angel a Private Message Find more posts by Young_Angel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Matr0shka
Only I am that I am.

Only thing i like about Diablos is Demi. Behamut is where its at !

Name: Ienzo ****
Class: Caster
Garden: Galbadia Garden
Weaponry: A massive book of spells (Lexicon) and he carries a short sword on the side once he has run out of MP
Garden Fighter {GF}: YoJimbo -Zanmato Attack
Appearance:
Bio: Ienzo grew up in Deiling city for many years with his parents. As a child he excelled in all subjects in school making him very exceptable to Galbadia. But when he turned 9 his dad was forced to leave Deiling City reasons Ienzo never knew. They moved to the queit nice town of Balamb and not to far off was in veiw of Balamb Garden. Ienzo at the very young age of 13 was aprrenticed as a local science researcher. His work consisted of the study of GF. Once he was 16 he met a girl who became his best friend. Later for his 17th Birthday she became his girl friend. Hours after that his dad passed away from a heart attack. Later when he was 20 he proposed to his girl friend. That feel to peices when se suddenly one day dissapeared. All he had left was the ring. He then thought maybe she was never real. At 4 in the morning he wrote a note and kissed his mother goodbye while she was asleep. He then ran far away and eventually he reached Galbadia where he now lives.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2010 08:25 PM
Matr0shka is currently offline Click here to Send Matr0shka a Private Message Find more posts by Matr0shka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Matr0shka
Only I am that I am.

Attachment: zzzzz.jpg
This has been downloaded 94 time(s).

Last edited by Matr0shka on Jan 6th, 2010 at 08:28 PM

Old Post Jan 6th, 2010 08:26 PM
Matr0shka is currently offline Click here to Send Matr0shka a Private Message Find more posts by Matr0shka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iKinneas
Black Swordsman

quote: (post)
Originally posted by iKinneas
SeeD Saga: Destined Chaos

Garden Fighter {GF}: (these are the summons for this one. again, nothing too overbearing. one per character, and please, don't fight. many people can use the same one. also, let's throw this out there: bahamut in any variation, as well as anima, yojimbo, and the magus sisters... are ridiculously overpowered and should be avoided if possible, please)

no expression

Otherwise, good to go.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2010 09:51 PM
iKinneas
Black Swordsman

On a totally unrelated note...

>.>

Old Post Jan 6th, 2010 10:44 PM
Matr0shka
Only I am that I am.

o lol how YoJimbo over powered ? hes as powerful as much munny you have. Whos to say my char has enough HMMMMMM!?!?!?! would you want me to change it ?

Old Post Jan 7th, 2010 01:45 AM
Anon E. Mous
The French Taunter

Name: Cidolfus "Cid" Bunansa IV

Class: Techie

Garden: Balamb

Weaponry: Specially self-designed gauntlets that are constantly running electricity from the generator he carries on his back. His prowess in hand-to-hand combat is augmented greatly by them. (Sorry it's a little complicated, but I've always wanted to do a character with these weapons)

Garden Fighter {GF}: Alexander - Holy

Appearance: Small, but with a muscular build. Always carries a backpack full of technical equipment. Blond hair cropped short to keep it out of his face, and a helmet with a telescoping eye attachment.

Bio: Born in Galbadia, but smuggled into Balamb as a child. When he enrolled in the Balamb Garden, his natural technical skill showed itself. By the time he enrolled in SeeD, he had invented several techs, including his gauntlets, and the solar powered generator that keeps them powered up.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2010 02:21 AM
Anon E. Mous is currently offline Click here to Send Anon E. Mous a Private Message Find more posts by Anon E. Mous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iKinneas
Black Swordsman

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Matr0shka
o lol how YoJimbo over powered ? hes as powerful as much munny you have. Whos to say my char has enough HMMMMMM!?!?!?! would you want me to change it ?

Fair enough, point made. XD I was thinking about my playthrough when I had infinite gil. x.x

Also, Anon, good to go. And Matr0shka, overlook my last post, go crazy. XD

Old Post Jan 7th, 2010 04:11 AM
MadMel
Heh

Name: Miles Astra
Class: bladesman
Garden: Balamb Garden
Weaponry: Twin Gunblades (2 smaller gunblades, if thats allowed - if not than just twin swords), throwing knives
Garden Fighter (GF): (i thought GF stoof for 'Guardian Force' - at least thats what it mean in the PAL version of the game)
ifrit (Special Effect: Hellfire {a powerful fire attack - nothing fancy, just a good ol' fireball to the face})
Appearance: (please log in to view the image)
Bio: an intelligent, quiet kid who mostly keeps to himself, miles is formidable with blades of all kinds, but prefers his twin gun-blades above all else..when he does speak, he is polite and well-spoken..despite his shy nature, he is generally viewed as popular due to his skill's as a bladesman..

Last edited by MadMel on Jan 7th, 2010 at 05:31 AM

Old Post Jan 7th, 2010 05:25 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iKinneas
Black Swordsman

Approved. Also, in the NTSC version, it was for Garden Fighter. XD

Old Post Jan 7th, 2010 05:45 AM
MadMel
Heh

sweet big grin

question - can GF's be used for more than just battle (eg. using them as transport, or, for example, miles using ifrit as a sparing partner because he has no real friends stick out tongue)
also - id like to change 'throwing knives' to 'blaster edge' (like rinoa's weapon), if thats ok erm

Last edited by MadMel on Jan 7th, 2010 at 09:56 AM

Old Post Jan 7th, 2010 09:53 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iKinneas
Black Swordsman

Mkay, weapon change is no sweat. And yeah, I suppose you could use a GF for that purpose. Never really thought about it before. XD

Will open thread when I get home from work, everyone.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2010 12:02 PM
MadMel
Heh

ty big grin

Old Post Jan 7th, 2010 12:08 PM
TxG
Evil Genius

Can't wait for this big grin

Old Post Jan 7th, 2010 12:10 PM