Cin Drallig Vs Ki-Adi-Mundi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Axle
This is a battle which takes place within the High Council chamber, but each pane of glass is impervious and cannot be broken. (So no using the force to knock the other combatant through the window).

Cin Dralllig was the Master lightsaber instructor in the Jedi Order, so his sword skills were rather good, with his knowledge of all forms.

Ki-Adi-Mundi was a very powerful Jedi Master who sat on the upper tier of the High Council and was 3rd in command of the entire order.

Who wins?

1. Force
2. Sabre
3. All-out

DarthDaniel1001
3rd-in-command doesn't necessarily mean 3rd most powerful. As it is, I say Cin Dralig kills him. Mundi was killed by a small group of clones. Cin was navigating through a whole army of clones and wasn't stopped until DS Anakin killed him.

Samurai100
Drallig easy

Axle
I understand that 3rd-in-command doesn't necessarily mean 3rd most powerful, but Mundi still was a relatively powerful Master.

As opposed to the clones, Ki-Adi-Mundi along with all the other Jedi, was unaware of the betrayal till it was too late. Yes, Yoda was able to sense something was going on, but then again, it's Yoda. Ki-Adi at least managed to take out a few of the clones, before he was ultimately shot down, which is better than most other Jedi who were "out in the field of battle".

Ok, Cin Drallig was able to plough through many clones, before he was ultimately slain by Darth Vader, but those clones weren't already in his immediate vicinity like all the off-world Jedi. Those clones had to physically enter the Jedi Temple, while facing other Jedi, and eventually meeting Cin in battle on one of the many levels of the temple. Now this would give Drallig ample enough time to realise what was going on, therefore was able to formulate some kind of, albeit rushed, tactical plan, which in the end didn't pay off when facing Vader.
If Mundi was placed in Drallig's shoes and vice versa, it wouldn't have made much difference to the final outcome.

Samurai100
except that dralligs lightsaber skills>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ki-adis skills

Axle
Ok, fair enough. Now what about the force and an all-out match?

Samurai100
Drallig could use force speed to great effect in a battle and spheres of concentrated force energy

mattatom
You never answered his question.

Axle
Though he was trained as a Guardian, which means he was also an adept duelist(considered to be amongst the top ten in the order), Mundi was also known to have command of vast Force abilities. During his duel with Grievous, Mundi displayed the ability to produce powerful telekinetic blasts capable of creating a crater in the ground. Later, whilst battling Ventress, the Cerean demonstrated the ability to leap incredible heights; such as launching himself onto a nearby gunship in midair.
This is just some info I thought I might squeeze into the thread, to assist in the decision-making.

Jinsoku Takai
Originally posted by Axle
Though he was trained as a Guardian, which means he was also an adept duelist(considered to be amongst the top ten in the order), Mundi was also known to have command of vast Force abilities. During his duel with Grievous, Mundi displayed the ability to produce powerful telekinetic blasts capable of creating a crater in the ground. Later, whilst battling Ventress, the Cerean demonstrated the ability to leap incredible heights; such as launching himself onto a nearby gunship in midair.
This is just some info I thought I might squeeze into the thread, to assist in the decision-making.

cool

kodiak430
As much as we all love wiener head, im gna hav to say drallig ftw

Darth_Glentract
Mundi just isn't a combat focused guy. He was the big time diplomat and logic guy. He did some great things in the Clone Wars, but it's still never his strong point. Drallig on the other hand is all about combat. He should win in lightsaber and all out. I don't really know about a purely Force battle.

Ms.Marvel
there is literally nothing that points to drallig being as competent as adi at all though... hes the battlemaster... and thats about it. mundi at least made it to the council (as a knight no less... ergo anakin is full of shit), lasted alone against pre-bitchass greivous using the three lightsabers of death for at least a few minutes, and was stated by yoda to be the only one in the entire order that could defeat ashared hett no expression ...there has to be some kind of context to that last one though...

point is that mundi has an infinitely more impressive resume of feats whereas the only thing going for drallig is a title.

vader beat him with one hand while choking someone else for christs sake no expression

ares834
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel vader beat him with one hand while choking someone else for christs sake no expression
And this is supposed to show he was weak... Vader is insanly powerful, need I remind you he destroyed Count Dooku who was stated to be as great, if not better, duelest then Mace.
ki-adi has his low showing as well. Like being ravanged by GG despite having numerous other Jedi with him, or getting shot down by a few clones...

Maester_yoda
from what we see, dooku is not better or imho even close to windu

ares834
"The Count's blade was quick as a viper striking. Among the other Jedi, perhaps only Mace Windu would have been his equal on neutral ground: but here on Vjun, steeped in the dark side, his bladework was malice made visible-wickedness cut in red light." Yoda DR.
It's not debatable.
Yes, Mace Windu could beat Dooku in a saber duel but that is only because of the super conducting loop of Vaapad.

Ms.Marvel
this:

doesnt correlate in any way shape or form to this:

what that passage was saying was that mace was at least his equal normally. however on Vjun dookus powers are amped so that hes stronger than normal. it has nothing to do with mace's vapaad. mace is dookus equal because he is simply skilled and prodigious not just because he has some super conducting loop.

as for anakin and dooku you cant use that as a comparison because whereas anakin was intensely focused and in a state of clarity against dooku he was in a state of indecisiveness and stress when razing the temple and fighting obi-wan... essentially he was not performing 100% like he was against dooku.

ares834
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel

what that passage was saying was that mace was at least his equal normally. however on Vjun dookus powers are amped so that hes stronger than normal. it has nothing to do with mace's vapaad. mace is dookus equal because he is simply skilled and prodigious not just because he has some super conducting loop.
You misunderstand me. I claimed that Mace and Dooku are equals in skill. However, if the two ever fought Mace would win due to the loop. Yet, if the loop is taken away, they would once again be equals and each would win roughly 50%.

Proof? Yes he was clearly not preforming 100 against Kenobi but tjat does not mean he was preforming 100% during Operation: Knightfall.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by ares834
Proof? Yes he was clearly not preforming 100 against Kenobi but tjat does not mean he was preforming 100% during Operation: Knightfall. Did... did you just swing around to debating Dooku's ability to debating Anakin's clarity of mind? Are you trying to score a free point, or something? Last I checked, Knightfall and Dooku are two very different settings.

Darth_Glentract
You misunderstand me. I claimed that Mace and Dooku are equals in skill. However, if the two ever fought Mace would win due to the loop. Yet, if the loop is taken away, they would once again be equals and each would win roughly 50%.

The "loop" only would negate Dooku's Force attacks. Saber on saber it'd still go to whoever is better.

Autokrat
Why is it called a superconducting loop?

Does the Dark Side pass through Mace really well with minimal resistance when he's in the zone or something? He turn into a virtual superconductor of evil?

Sounds f*cking retarded.

truejedi
Yes he was clearly not preforming 100 against Kenobi but tjat does not mean he was preforming 100% during Operation: Knightfall.

Proof that he wasn't performing at 100 percent against Kenobi please? This one believes this to be your speculation.

Slash_KMC
Originally posted by truejedi
Proof that he wasn't performing at 100 percent against Kenobi please? This one believes this to be your speculation.

Really?

Obi: "I have the higher ground, biatch!"

Anakin: "Fvck you!!!"

*Anakin jumps and get delimbed*

truejedi
Originally posted by Slash_KMC
Really?

Obi: "I have the higher ground, biatch!"

Anakin: "Fvck you!!!"

*Anakin jumps and get delimbed*
You misunderstand. I asked for proof that Anakin wasn't performing at 100 percent versus Kenobi. Last I checked, Anakin had lost that fight BEFORE his error. His error was made out of desperate hatred, but he had lost anyway. "Its over Anakin, I have the high ground" should be your clue-in of that.

So proof that he lost the fight because he wasn't 100 percent?

Slash_KMC
You misunderstand. I asked for proof that Anakin wasn't performing at 100 percent versus Kenobi. Last I checked, Anakin had lost that fight BEFORE his error. His error was made out of desperate hatred, but he had lost anyway. "Its over Anakin, I have the high ground" should be your clue-in of that.

Oh, I understand what you mean now.

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by Autokrat
Why is it called a superconducting loop?

Does the Dark Side pass through Mace really well with minimal resistance when he's in the zone or something? He turn into a virtual superconductor of evil?

Sounds f*cking retarded.

Basically, yeah... :/

ares834
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Did... did you just swing around to debating Dooku's ability to debating Anakin's clarity of mind? Are you trying to score a free point, or something? Last I checked, Knightfall and Dooku are two very different settings.

I was not the one who originally brought it up.
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
The "loop" only would negate Dooku's Force attacks. Saber on saber it'd still go to whoever is better.
Nah loop also increases Mace's saber skills.
"Vaapad is a channel for darkness, and that darkness flowed both ways. He accepted the furious speed of the Sith Lord, drew the shadow's rage and power into his inmost center-And let it fountain out again.

He reflected the fury upon its source as a lightsaber redirects a blaster bolt."

You know I never thought about this. You have a very good point.

SIDIOUS 66

So proof that he lost the fight because he wasn't 100 percent? According to Lucas, Anakin's mind was not fully focused. Anakin was far stronger and more powerful but his mind was clouded. During the whole fight Anakin was charging like a maniac, and Kenobi was on the defensive the whole time thinking his moves through.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.