Stryfe vs. Exodus.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pinksushi1
Both at full power.

This is "Bloodties" Exodus.

Who wins and why?

Q99
I'm unfamiliar with "Bloodties," so I'm just going to go based on what I know of Exodus from recent stories with him. Correct me if there's a difference between normal and Bloodties Exodus.

They're both some of the most powerful psychics around, in both telepathy and telekinesis. Stryfe should, honestly, have the edge in power since he has the same powers as 'Messiah' Cable, though I don't see him performing quite that well most of the time, so the edge isn't as big as it could be, though IMO it is still an advantage. He is physically enhanced too and quite skilled, so if it came to a physical throwdown I'd bet Stryfe.

Exodus's power is based in part on the confidence of those around him and such, so he has some variation and at absolute max he probably has the edge, but in general I'd say Stryfe wins.

Xplosive
Stryfe

khazra
Stryfe hasnt ever done anything too impressive that im aware of.
Exodus on feats, stryfe on hype.

Harbinger
Exodus.

Survivor19
Exodus, because he can exploit Stryfe's daddy complex for the easy win.

"Id"
Every encounter of Stryfe vs Exodus is hard fought.

pinksushi1
Originally posted by khazra
Stryfe hasnt ever done anything too impressive that im aware of.
Exodus on feats, stryfe on hype.

Well, he humiliated a weakened Apocalypse, and overpowered both Cyclops and Jean Grey in the X-Cutioner's Song storyline. I don't know how powerful Cyclops and Jean Grey were at the time, but. Stryfe also overpowered X-Man; not Shaman X-Man, by the way.

To everyone: 'Bloodties' Exodus taking on the X-Men and the Avengers simultaneously. Exodus was doing more than that as well, I believe.

To Survivor19: Is Exodus strong enough of a telepath to affect Stryfe in such a manner as you say that he would exploit his Daddy complex?

"Id"
Stryfe no longer had Daddy Issues.

pinksushi1
In Messiah War he did.

"Id"

pinksushi1

"Id"

pinksushi1
OP says Bloodties Exodus and that version of Exodus doesn't have embarrassing moments, right? So base your answers on that.

"Id"

pinksushi1
He telepathically controlled both Jean and Cyclops at the same time.

He withstood a blast from Havok and humiliated a weakened Apoc.

I don't even know if Exodus can humiliate a weakened Apoc.

All Exodus had to do is use telepathy on Holocaust and he would have won. Stryfe should have more raw power than Exodus.

Stryfe has to worry about burning out, Exodus does not.

"Id"
Stryfe does not produces the kind of power Cable or X-Man do. Otherwise he would have died a long time ago.

Because of it, burning out does not really factor in any match he is.

pinksushi1
Stryfe is actually smart to choose not to lash out and use all of his raw power. otherwise he would kill himself and burn out. Stryfe sees things as beneath him and chooses to use at little power as possible while inflicting as much pain on his enemies as possible. He is the Chaos Bringer, not the Chaos itself.

pinksushi1
Originally posted by "Id"
Stryfe does not produces the kind of power Cable or X-Man do. Otherwise he would have died a long time ago.

Because of it, burning out does not really factor in any match he is.

I wonder if Stryfe telepathically controlling Jean and Cyclops simultaneously puts Stryfe's telepathy above Exodus'. Maybe...

"Id"
He negated their power as well. He also mind controlled Xavier.

pinksushi1
Xavier? When? Where? I thought Xavier was above Stryfe.

Xplosive
Originally posted by pinksushi1
I thought Xavier was above Stryfe.

About raw power, no.

pinksushi1
Originally posted by Xplosive
About raw power, no.

Xavier should be more telepathically skilled, but Xavier has less telepathic raw power.

"Id"

pinksushi1
Do you happen to have the scan?
Is that a trade paperback? WHere can I buy it?

I thought Apoc. trained him to use his powers?
Apoc. abused him, so he did not have a proper upbringing. That is why he is the way he is. His head is wrecked with strife. Therefore he likes to create strife.

"Id"
Yes apocalypse trained Stryfe for the first part of his life. After his death, Stryfe comes across Madame Sanctity (the head Mistress of Askani). I would say he had a proper upbringing in developing his mutagenic powers, surpassed only by Cable.

The mind controlling feat is found in the Stryfe respect thread.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t483653.html

Here is the actual reference of the mind controlling feat. It was not easy BTW, but you find out later it was Stryfe. He was also mind fooling Gambit, Bishop, and Nightcrawler.
http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/386/gambitbishopsota00110tc5.jpg

psycho gundam
exodus has greater telekinesis feats

oddly enough, stryfe is no nate even though he should be close (sinister created a better clone than apocalypse)

"Id"
Yeah Exodus has better displays of TK. Stryfe has better display of TP.

But really in terms of relative power, I think its close. This would be a tough match, and a brutal one. Neither likes to hold back.

psycho gundam
in your opinion, could stryfe dig deep if he was in trouble and show some nate type power?

that would be a tipping point if you use average or current exodus, bloodties would eat stryfe for brunch.

Original Smurph
This is "Bloodties" Exodus.

psycho gundam
sow-ee

make more cool match ups smurph nao

i feel like repping underdogs

Mshinu
Originally posted by psycho gundam
oddly enough, stryfe is no nate even though he should be close (sinister created a better clone than apocalypse)

Yes, but Stryfe is not burning out either. I think it is likely he has either been genetically modified to prevent this or maybe mental blocks have been put in place to limit his power. I would guess telekinesis is harder on the body than telepathy so this may explain why he seems better in one department than the other. When did he receive the upgraded strength btw? Could he have been modified in other ways at the same time perhaps?

psycho gundam
touche.

x-man was made to be the anti-apocalypse by sinister, which means he is stryfe + more at the end of the day.

exodus in bloodties was amped to high heaven, he was multi-tasking telekinesis/telepathy at a high level all at once and doing it with style.

yeah, exodus shitstomps here

actually, sersi's performance might be like stryfe's posible performance. maybe. whatever. it's late

"Id"
Exodus struggled with Holocaust. Next to Bloodties, that was one of the more spectacular fights. It would be no different with Stryfe.

Both wield the same kind of power.

They are most likely around the same level.

Difference is we know Exodus own limits. We have yet to see the full extant of Stryfe abilities, besides team wrecking the X-Force or X-Men.

Original Smurph
sow-ee

make more cool match ups smurph nao Kay

pinksushi1
exodus has greater telekinesis feats

I think it is personality. He is the Chaos Bringer, not the Chaos itself. He chooses to inflict as much pain on people, while using the least amount of power. Stryfe may actually be smart in the fact that he knows if he uses his full power, he would burn out.

Furthermore, Stryfe holding himself and others on the Moon is a very impressive telekinetic feat. Stopping a bullet in mid air is also impressive. I don't think that even Exodus can do that.

Regarding Exodus vs. Holocaust: Exodus could have just used telepathy since Holocaust is vulnerable to telepathy. Also, I firmly believe that Stryfe's TK would be too much for Holocaust.

pinksushi1
Are there any other story lines, in which Stryfe appears, other than X-Cutioner's Song and Messiah War?

In other words, any other trade paperbacks?

"Id"

pinksushi1

redhotrash
As powerful as Exodus is, he was legitimately afraid to fight Sinister WITH backup. Makes me wonder where that puts Essex compared to both of these two.

pinksushi1
Originally posted by redhotrash
As powerful as Exodus is, he was legitimately afraid to fight Sinister WITH backup. Makes me wonder where that puts Essex compared to both of these two.

Bloodties Exodus should be able to crush Sinister.

pinksushi1
Bloodties Exodus should be able to crush Sinister.

And Stryfe is above Sinister.

Was that stated in MEssiah Complex?

"Id"
Go

carver9
Extremely good fight. This could go either way

leonidas
don't see much different now. still really close. strife easily shut down even spiral's powers. he's a beast, no doubt.

still, don't see either one crushing sinister. that dude is just 100% bad a$$--rational explanations be damned.

carver9
Originally posted by leonidas
don't see much different now. still really close. strife easily shut down even spiral's powers. he's a beast, no doubt.

still, don't see either one crushing sinister. that dude is just 100% bad a$$--rational explanations be damned.

thumb up

Sinister is a different monster. Haven't seen his full potential yet.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by leonidas

still, don't see either one crushing sinister. that dude is just 100% bad a$$--rational explanations be damned. Sinister got massively jobbed out to Storm based on what I saw.

Don't know the context though

But yeah, Sinister just does whatever he wants. One day he wants to be a bunch of weak clones, one day he's a tp God, and another he's just a force of destruction.

"Id"
And I still think this is a close match.

In blood ties Exodus was slowly crushing an island.
In X-Force we find out Stryfe can level anything within a a 10 mile radius...that's more destructive than a tsar bomb going off.

A tsar bomb has an 8 mile blast radius.

Genii96
Stryfe has more raw power,hope summers was unable to contain his power when stryfe made her absorb it....bloodties exodus however...was crushing an island,telepathically controlling the population and taking on avengers/xmen...I'd put that one above stryfe

zopzop
Originally posted by Genii96
Stryfe has more raw power,hope summers was unable to contain his power when stryfe made her absorb it....bloodties exodus however...was crushing an island,telepathically controlling the population and taking on avengers/xmen...I'd put that one above stryfe
Wasn't this the time he was facing off vs Sersi and had the upper hand before flying away?

Also, wasn't this during her 'batshit crazy' phase were she was causing tsunamis and one shotting CL100 characters like Hercules?

Stryfe vs Exodus is a close fight. Both characters are legit psi powerhouses.

Genii96
Yup,pretty much,in schism,he was beating down racheal in a tp fight while at the same time beating down the xmen in the physical side...it took rogue psiphoning kid gladiator's and some of his own power and weakening him,+hope mimicking him(I think) and others just to stop him.....who would you say is the better telekenetic?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.