Wan-Fu vs. Zangief

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Esomark
The Tiger King vs. the Red Cyclone

I was partly inspired to post this after seeing a question like this on YouTube's post of Wan-Fu's bgm. I think this is a fairly even match up. They are the first heavy weight characters from their respective series (Samurai Shodown, SF). We all know Zangief can wrestle bears while Wan-Fu can knock out a tiger in under three seconds (According to his official SNK profile). That's a bit above peak human on both sides. They both also have fast and hard hitting spinning attacks. One compliment to Wan-Fu's spinning attack is that he usually lights his weapons (sword, pillar, chui, depending on game) on fire.

Who wins? Oh, and the fight takes place in Wan-Fu's stage.

Sin_Volvagia
Can go either way but I'm siding with Zangief for his bear wrestling and the fact that Wan-Fu could lose his weapon, putting him at a disadvantage.

Esomark
Yeah, if Wan-Fu lost his weapon, it could be trouble for him. However, I think he's pretty capable weaponless too. Not only can he knock out a tiger, he spends most of his time body building and training. Despite his looks, he's actually in his 80's so he's had more than enough combat experience (he also commands an army).

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
Can go either way but I'm siding with Zangief for his bear wrestling and the fact that Wan-Fu could lose his weapon, putting him at a disadvantage. Wouldn't the fact that he has a weapon be an advantage?

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Wouldn't the fact that he has a weapon be an advantage?

Well yeah.

Esomark
Especially one that he can set on fire and make it combustible when it impacts. He even hits his own head against his pillar and chui with no ill effect (does drain his life a bit) and he can punch a bust of himself in his pillar too. That's pretty damn durable.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.