Modern Society, prisons & Anthropology

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wild Shadow
Many of Us have heard the Quote: "We can judge society by their prisons". I always have that in the back of my mind whenever i go out and see various people running around me. i tend to desocialize myself from them all, i have been doing it since i can remember and its gotten worse since i have traveled and seen 3rd world nations.

I tend to equate the random person i see in society as just an animal no different then those i see in zoos or on discovery channel. Many people see certain behavior to be criminal or uncivilized but i often ask myself that the person is simply being true to one self.

I can understand that some people say that they are not animals and take offense when one is compared to one, then why is every society or culture have some type of similarity and behavior to those of other animal societies, from your common rat to an animal that many believe we are similar to such as the great ape.

I sometimes see Bums Salvaging and scurrying and running into alleys, i see young kids Running around and raising their voice and puffing their chest to another similar aged kid or adult. i then turn around and see a oversize Cop drinking his Coffee and eating his donuts with the assurance and Dominance that can only come from the uniform and Badge but not his own natural Physical dominance that would be given to him by genetics. the cop walking around like the Beta male that he is when the Alpha male is not around.

It bothers me to hear people constantly saying they are not animals they are civilized and are spiritual and supposedly follow some religious or ethical code but all i see is a lie and ignoring of said beliefs.

i then think about the prisons and inmates and how they are treated by supposed enlighten, spiritual and advanced society as nothing more then hypocrisy by the general population. If people actually considered themselves an advance society morally, ethically and legally they would not allow certain behavior outside and within the prison's walls to occur. The prisons serve as a way of shunning and removing unwanted members from the general population/tribe.

i have no problem with that since it is normal but what i do not think is normal is to shun and remove some one who does drugs, steals and murders but turn around and the rest of the society by silent consent to allow crimes to be committed on the criminals but not care justifying it by saying: b/c it is happening to someone they consider to be a criminal and there for deserve it and not so abhorrent .

I find society, laws and ethics more often then not to be a farce a complete and utter joke that are ignored by those in power or authority for their own convenience only applied when it suits them.

Justice isnt impartial as the statue of Blind Lady Justice would have us believe, We as a whole are just very ignorant children running around pretending to know better. the danger of it is that the Laws of Nature have bn overturned by Society. where the pedestrian crime can result in losing one's life and freedom but a Politician, or respected member of society can walk out of court pronouced innocent with a smile on his face and having the highest negative impact on the society as a whole...

To me society is like an insane asylum being run by the inmates. The weak pass judgment on the strong or are ignored or treated like second class citizens, the coward is the authority the courages are imprisoned
The Judge is more a criminal with their own agenda beyond justice and no one cares or questions them in a society where democracy supposedly rules...

I know it is long i am just vending, here are the Questions:

How do you view society in general in comparison to the animal kingdom like the Great Apes, Wolves and various other animals?

Do you think Society as a whole is more consciously evolved as the Social Laws, moral, or business ethics and supposed Religious preference would have them be?

Do you see Human Society to be hypocritical in its applications of laws and rules?

What is your opinion on our society if you were an Anthropologist and studying our culture what would you see?

dadudemon
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
What is your opinion on our society if you were an Anthropologist and studying our culture what would you see?

If I were an alien, sent to earth to study humans, I'd be amazed at how stupid they were with their energy technology. I would be amazed at how retarded and damming corporations can be, but amazed at how much progress has come from those entities, at the same time.

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by dadudemon
If I were an alien, sent to earth to study humans, I'd be amazed at how stupid they were with their energy technology. I would be amazed at how retarded and damming corporations can be, but amazed at how much progress has come from those entities, at the same time. you know what annoys me? i actually tried to make my OP as short as i could with as little words as possible to make the comparison you made in so nonchalantly.. the whole you being an alien part and studying human society. messed messed

Rogue Jedi
If I were an alien, sent to earth to study humans, I'd be amazed at how stupid they were with their energy technology. I would be amazed at how retarded and damming corporations can be, but amazed at how much progress has come from those entities, at the same time. If you were an alien, I'd anally probe you with Robtard's dick.

leonheartmm
Many of Us have heard the Quote: "We can judge society by their prisons". I always have that in the back of my mind whenever i go out and see various people running around me. i tend to desocialize myself from them all, i have been doing it since i can remember and its gotten worse since i have traveled and seen 3rd world nations.

I tend to equate the random person i see in society as just an animal no different then those i see in zoos or on discovery channel. Many people see certain behavior to be criminal or uncivilized but i often ask myself that the person is simply being true to one self.

I can understand that some people say that they are not animals and take offense when one is compared to one, then why is every society or culture have some type of similarity and behavior to those of other animal societies, from your common rat to an animal that many believe we are similar to such as the great ape.

I sometimes see Bums Salvaging and scurrying and running into alleys, i see young kids Running around and raising their voice and puffing their chest to another similar aged kid or adult. i then turn around and see a oversize Cop drinking his Coffee and eating his donuts with the assurance and Dominance that can only come from the uniform and Badge but not his own natural Physical dominance that would be given to him by genetics. the cop walking around like the Beta male that he is when the Alpha male is not around.

It bothers me to hear people constantly saying they are not animals they are civilized and are spiritual and supposedly follow some religious or ethical code but all i see is a lie and ignoring of said beliefs.

i then think about the prisons and inmates and how they are treated by supposed enlighten, spiritual and advanced society as nothing more then hypocrisy by the general population. If people actually considered themselves an advance society morally, ethically and legally they would not allow certain behavior outside and within the prison's walls to occur. The prisons serve as a way of shunning and removing unwanted members from the general population/tribe.

i have no problem with that since it is normal but what i do not think is normal is to shun and remove some one who does drugs, steals and murders but turn around and the rest of the society by silent consent to allow crimes to be committed on the criminals but not care justifying it by saying: b/c it is happening to someone they consider to be a criminal and there for deserve it and not so abhorrent .

I find society, laws and ethics more often then not to be a farce a complete and utter joke that are ignored by those in power or authority for their own convenience only applied when it suits them.

Justice isnt impartial as the statue of Blind Lady Justice would have us believe, We as a whole are just very ignorant children running around pretending to know better. the danger of it is that the Laws of Nature have bn overturned by Society. where the pedestrian crime can result in losing one's life and freedom but a Politician, or respected member of society can walk out of court pronouced innocent with a smile on his face and having the highest negative impact on the society as a whole...

To me society is like an insane asylum being run by the inmates. The weak pass judgment on the strong or are ignored or treated like second class citizens, the coward is the authority the courages are imprisoned
The Judge is more a criminal with their own agenda beyond justice and no one cares or questions them in a society where democracy supposedly rules...

How do you view society in general in comparison to the animal kingdom like the Great Apes, Wolves and various other animals?

Do you think Society as a whole is more consciously evolved as the Social Laws, moral, or business ethics and supposed Religious preference would have them be?

Do you see Human Society to be hypocritical in its applications of laws and rules?

2 different issues. it is a well documented fact that 99.9 percent of the problems of humanity are causes by around 0.01 percent of its people. namely, leaders and those in places of political/economic/relegios power. democracy is an illusion as is freedom even in the most liberal and progressive places on earth. mass stupidity is a matter of policy and as such, people's valid anger/despair at their unfair position is used{and tainted with the byproducts of such social suffering, like subcultures/relegious aspirations/delusions of hope/hostility to outsiders} by those in power to their own purposes{case in point, the VERY valid anger of average americans over living in perpetually poorer state for the last 35 years used by fox to instigate the teabagging protests which were expectedly tainted with delusions of hope and the expected dicriminatory biases that plague such poor and uneducated communities. this time being directed at the so called liberals/blacks/jews/homosexuals who had taken all their money away}.

it is the LACK of democracy thats the problem. decentralisation of power, no go betweens in matters of voting on legistlature/national decisions etc etc.{i.e. polls continuously show that the large majority of americans want public healthcare and want to draw out of iraq and afghanistan, most never being for the invasion to begin with in spite of the propaganda, most were against the bailout too, as well as opposing the patriot act and dessolution of habeus corpus and magna carta. IF america were a DEMOCRATIC nation then the wishes of th epublic wud be reflected in the affairs of state, no such luck unfortunately}. all state and social instituions are made to keep the status quo of the socioeconomic system and from time to time to act as the tool of the higer ups to show their contempt for the masses{i.e. institutionalised unfairness/humiliaton and cruelty} effectively translating to mockery, based in the egotism of the upper classes.

so the PROBLEM is the fact that minorities rule majorities and there is no democracy and no real education that would give useful knowledge to people.

the SECOND part has to do with the animals issue. i do beleive humans are animals, albeit animals with higher cognitive function evolved to deal with things symbolically.

u see, one is ONLY offended by the comparison to animals if one considers animals to be lowly contemptable things. which i dont. id have no problem calling my potential children "animals" as i think thats nuthing to be offended about or disgusted from. if ANYTHING it is offensice to the ANIMALS to be compared to humans. u see, animals dont KNOW any better and inspite of it can display unbeleivable affection{as any1 with pets wud attest}. they are ruled by instincts and as such, morality doesnt really apply to them. WE however KNOW BETTER, and inspite of it, push massive suffering onto others{and ourselves} and are often content to live in hate and ignorance{relegion being a case in point}. id have to say that ego is probably our biggest enemy here, as individuals. and i personally cant some to sneer at a homeless person salvaging anything from a trash can, i think its sad, but it doesnt arouse the usual response of laughing at sum1's misfortune {calling them an animal etc} to feel better about my position on this earth. incidently, i dont sneer at cats salvaging a trash can either smile

my two cents.

dadudemon
you know what annoys me? i actually tried to make my OP as short as i could with as little words as possible to make the comparison you made in so nonchalantly.. the whole you being an alien part and studying human society. messed messed

LOL. Don't think too much of it: there was an e-mail circulating about, around 2005, that made a huge joke of pretty much all the stupid petty little things that humans do, and how they would appear to an alien species. I searched and searched for that e-mail, on the internets, but I couldn't find it.

You would like it, a bunch. It talks about our obession with our teeth, our bathroom sinks, our mirrors, and it references how we worship those things like they are gods. It was both amusing and philosophically intriguing.

Symmetric Chaos
LOL. Don't think too much of it: there was an e-mail circulating about, around 2005, that made a huge joke of pretty much all the stupid petty little things that humans do, and how they would appear to an alien species. I searched and searched for that e-mail, on the internets, but I couldn't find it.

You would like it, a bunch. It talks about our obession with our teeth, our bathroom sinks, our mirrors, and it references how we worship those things like they are gods. It was both amusing and philosophically intriguing.

I don't suppose you're familiar with the Nacirema peoples?

dadudemon
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
I don't suppose you're familiar with the Nacirema peoples?

Yes, they have strange ritual dances to a song that sounds similar to their name:

sN62PAKoBfE

lulz

But, yes, that's what I was looking for.

Wild Shadow, read all about the Nacirema peoples: they are VERY interesting.

lil bitchiness

You must be my colleague. Criminology/Anthropology/Sociology major and/or MA?

I wrote an essay on this subject. There is one very important issue in American justice system which is preventing it from applying ''blind justice'' to everyone. It is the raise of 'victimisation'.
Any crime, regardless of what it is, is very simple divided between the poor violated, and the bad violators. What this does, is that the judgement on the offender is passed to satisfy the feeling of ''revenge'' victims may feel they deserve. This is not how justice is supposed to work.

Judging an individual is supposed to be done in the frame of what is good for society, NOT what is good for an individual, therefore, justice is not supposed to act as a revenge tool for the victims. But it does. Victims should be provided with adequate help outside the actual sentence passing, and their personal feelings and emotions should be left out of the courtroom.

Because this is not the case, if the personal feelings of victims are not satisfied, it is often said that the ''justice was not served''.
This is a problem already, since people, already, equate justice with revenge.
This has a knock on effect on prisons (and the incredible overcrowding, for one) and the treatment of prisoners - the lack of their rehabilitation and efforts to reintegrate them into the society after they have served their term.

Because noone gives a hoot about what happens in prisons, people are free to behave like animals towards other people, using as an excuse that those people deserve no better due to what they have done, been sentenced and are serving their time for.

Did you know that in American prisons, more men are raped inside the prison than women outside in any given year?
In many cases it is the guards who are involved in such violations and beastly actions.

Mindship
How do you view society in general in comparison to the animal kingdom like the Great Apes, Wolves and various other animals? I like us better. There's a lot of dreamy-eyed romance about animal societies. Heck. It's a jungle out there.

Do you think Society as a whole is more consciously evolved as the Social Laws, moral, or business ethics and supposed Religious preference would have them be? Are you asking, do I think we're living up to our own expectations? I'd say, about as much as Tiger Woods is cured.

To personify, I would see a 14 year old male raised with a respectable if inconsistent sense of ethics. There'd be a strong sense of self-righteous entitlement coupled with minimal long-term planning. I would see great promise...as long as he didn't screw up in a major way.

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
You must be my colleague. Criminology/Anthropology/Sociology major and/or MA?

Sadly no.. sad i just traveled a lot for a while and i took some oversea courses mostly to learn about cultures. Also some Military police training/security and a crash course on the society i was visiting and or interacting with from its laws, tradition and the culture in general.. a lot of what i studied was pretty much everything you listed within a few months worth of exams and test to show i was ready to interact with a foreign culture without fear of igniting an international incident. sadly it almost didnt stop me and some of my friends from getting into a bar fight in Bahrain with a Saudi "oil prince".

no, i was not aware of that statistic nor the guards involvement in raping men, although i am aware of their involvement in raping women prisoners.

a lot of this could have and should be easily stopped and controlled by not a necessarily caring warden, judges or review board but one that as least willing to do their job and enforce the law of rule applying it to all.

Any other court case where a person is aware of a crime and does nothing looks the other way covers it up can be charged under various other criminal statutes example: being an Accomplice, Accessory, obstruction of justice or at the very least be fired by a review board.

and yet i dont see many judges, Wardens, prison guards, civilian review boards being paraded out and fired charged with a crime . although we do hear plenty of complaints, written statements and deaths, injuries coming from prisoners that all go unheard of and the few times some government employee is reviewed by lets say the F.B.I or other various agencies they are usually acquitted even when that said person might have a stack of similar complaints any other job would have had the person fired after a few similar complaint out of fear of having some kind of charged dropped on them from anything to criminal neglect.

this is what makes me sick of our society so much so that i no longer have any respect for our society and i am more then willing at times to apply my military experience on those in power and the uncaring apathetic public.
ZlXbUatPc-A&feature=related

Wild Shadow
pZfHZtI_dls&feature=related

One Free Man
Law enforcement=People who like the power trip of telling you and me how to do our business so much that they spend their lives doing it.

And if we don't like it, we're ****ed.

dadudemon
Originally posted by One Free Man
Law enforcement=People who like the power trip of telling you and me how to do our business so much that they spend their lives doing it.

And if we don't like it, we're ****ed.

That's only one portion.

What about the portion that likes to serve people, save lives, protect the innocent, etc?

Blinky
That's only one portion.

What about the portion that likes to serve people, save lives, protect the innocent, etc?

It's a significant portion, nonetheless.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Blinky
It's a significant portion, nonetheless.

Prove it.

Blinky
Prove it.

You misunderstand me. My point was : one instance of crime caused by police officer is enough. Just as one instance of a catholic priest molesting a child is enough. It should NEVER happen and the law should come down 10 times as hard on Police officers who commit crimes, as they are legally sworn "To protect and serve". The fact the police officers commit heinous crimes is significant enough to be payed attention to more and not merely all the "nice" shit they do.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Blinky
You misunderstand me. My point was : one instance of crime caused by police officer is enough. Just as one instance of a catholic priest molesting a child is enough. It should NEVER happen and the law should come down 10 times as hard on Police officers who commit crimes, as they are legally sworn "To protect and serve". The fact the police officers commit heinous crimes is significant enough to be payed attention to more and not merely all the "nice" shit they do.

I do misunderstand you. You said it's a significant portion.

I do not know of any use of significant portion other than a portion that is large enough to the whole as to make significance to the study.

For example, .0000001% is not a significant portion.

30%, however, is.

Define where you draw the line at significance. Obviously, it's just 1 officer out of millions being a significant portion...but that's now what "significant portion" means.

That 1 individual should not represent the millions of other law enforcement. It should represent that individual and his or her municipality.

IMO, you're a victim of sensationalizing law enforcement brutality. Shouldn't you focus on the many more occurrences of heroism and service?

If a cop is racist: get him help and/or fire him. If a cop has a drug problem, fire him and send him to prison. Etc. etc.

Hate the bad cop for being bad. But don't hate on cops simply because of the very large exception.

Disregard my entire post if you have evidence of a significant portion of cops being power-hungry, controlling, or shitty things like that. If you do have something like that, I'll STFU, admit I was wrong, and start hating cops in general, with you.

Blinky
Well you clearly choose not to understand what I mean by "significant", so f*ck it. Clearly there is only one way to interpret that word for you, so it's pointless to even talk to you.

One cop commiting a single murder (and we all know this has happened at least once) is unacceptable and the law should put away hypocritical criminal cops harshly and quickly.

Wild Shadow
Prove it. how would one go about proving corruption internal or otherwise with a government agency that is being accused of corruption itself?

aside from the few that are caught due to the inability to get away with murder and video evidence that was unable to be lost and witnesses whose credibility is unquestionable?

i Dont doubt there many innocent Police officers who take their oaths series and at heart just like i dont doubt that there are many corrupt government officials in law enforcement as well.

knowing about corruption in a police station is pretty easy to do, naming the people individually and getting people to act and investigate is some what harder.

people can walk in request police statements of an arrest, sometimes you are denied or are told they can be grabbed at city hall. sometime it is a choir and made impossible to get that far, another is to get names badge numbers and try to get information of the officers involved in the arrest or that were around many times if you cant get names during the arrest it is almost impossible to track down who was there.

The only thing that has made it some what easier is cameras if ppl thing corruption isnt a problem because there are few instances that they know about they need to look at the internet read instances and even watch various hidden cameras of police officers who are corrupt.

corruption doesnt stop or start with one individual caught member of the force but it is a situation that was allowed to breed and occur that made it easy for a corrupt cop to get away for so long with such behavior. One corrupt cop that is caught on tape doesnt mean that was his 1st time showing such behavior.

i saw a news report video a while ago where over 10 police officers quit the force along with medics and firefighters as a sign of solidarity that they would no longer stand bye and watch corruption of an entire police force and sighted instances of trying to acquit an innocent man with actual evidence and witnesses which went unheard and ignored by various ppl up the chain of command and even up the mayor office.. sad part nothing has bn made of it ppl still have their jobs precincts arent closed district attorneys arent being investigated..

the problem is apathetic behavior allows such behavior to flourish at least that is my take. my experience of how we stamped out such behavior before it got out of hand when i was in the military was to act investigate and not allow recurrances at least three complaints and its done. Not that there isnt bad apples in the service but i doubt the numbers are as high as a civilian counterpart similar population.

here is some more.

8RWg6yw4dY4

Wild Shadow
AnEjzYCHidw&feature=related

dadudemon
how would one go about proving corruption internal or otherwise with a government agency that is being accused of corruption itself?

Psych eval. The aind.

Wild Shadow
Psych eval. The aind. psych evals are you usually done when one 1st join many can lie themselves throw it and as we can see it isnt a guarantee.

one of my favorite quotes and personal believes..

Malcolm X

It is criminal to teach a man not to defend himself when he is the constant victim of brutal attacks.

anyways a lot of people have become so complacent that they think they dont have a right to defend themselves and even kill cops who are trying to do the same to them. many have forgotten the principles this country and its fore fathers based this government on.

http://www.old-yankee.com/rkba/quotes.html

dadudemon
psych evals are you usually done when one 1st join many can lie themselves throw it and as we can see it isnt a guarantee.

one of my favorite quotes and personal believes..

Malcolm X

It is criminal to teach a man not to defend himself when he is the constant victim of brutal attacks.

anyways a lot of people have become so complacent that they think they dont have a right to defend themselves and even kill cops who are trying to do the same to them. many have forgotten the principles this country and its fore fathers based this government on.

http://www.old-yankee.com/rkba/quotes.html

That's almost completely irrelevant to my post. erm

The burden of proof is on your to prove that:

1. Psych evals are given in such a way to be ineffective.
2. Psych evals occur on a infrequent basis.
3. The majority lie on their psych evals.

0. The most important one of all: you actually have to prove that police are, generally, controlling, egotistical, a**holes.

How are you going to do that with a lack of psych evals?

In other words, my point from the beginning, One Free Man's claims were completely baseless and are only immature rantings about "the man!" And it would appear that you're furthering his "point."

Symmetric Chaos
The burden of proof is on your to prove that:

1. Psych evals are given in such a way to be ineffective.
2. Psych evals occur on a infrequent basis.
3. The majority lie on their psych evals.

I'm not sure how much it would matter if you lied on a psych evaluation. A lot of tests include, at least, a validity sub-test inside of them.

One Free Man
That's only one portion.

What about the portion that likes to serve people, save lives, protect the innocent, etc? Where I live, it's hard to believe that portion exists.

For instance: my grandma notices gangsters torching her neighbor's car across the street. She calls the cops, and they are apparently all "dispatched".

I drive around and spot ten a day on the freeway who are more than willing to pull me over if i'm talking on my cell, but people can be mugged right outside where I work every night and they won't send a cop to hang around that part of town.

Where I live, they are thugs hell-bent on taking your money and ignoring your needs.

When's the last time you were driving down the road and a cop pulled in behind you and you said, "Oh, good, I'm safe. Nothing bad will happen to me. I'm taken care of." Me? Never. My thoughts go like this: "Oh god, I'd better not make one single traffic mistake or it's going to cost me 3-11 hundred dollars."

Wild Shadow
the only thing i am trying to get across is if there is one corrupt Cop it stands to reason their may be more due to the corrupt cop's ability to have have lasted as long as he did, that or massively incompetent force members.

1. the fact that there are corrupt cops shows that evals are not completely effective.
2. i am not aware of how often evals occur but i know that they can be done after a traumatic arrest..
3. i didnt say the majority lie, but i believe many have done so based on the amount of corrupt police that have bn arrested. also ones personality might be a large part in why they want to become a police officer and some key reasoning to be a police officer might also be shared by professional criminals or corrupt unethical ppl.

why do we need to prove anything? this is a forum debate if we dont have evidence we can still voice our opinion and use logic building to help support our position.

i dont know about all Police being @$$holes but the few run ins i had with police from asking for directions to simply standing around harassed or arrested have bn @$$holes. 7/10 of my experiences the police were pricks. the problem is many think that being unprofessional and disrespectful toward a citizen is okay when in fact it is not and in the military where i served as base security such behavior can get one in trouble and demoted. yet, police still continue to work with such attitude even after various complaints from citizens.

i cant prove that cops are egotistical but i an tell you by training that one has to portray a dominate commanding presence when engaging with a suspect that doesnt mean be a prick. that just means being firm, confident and decisive in ones actions and vocal commands.

something i see missing many times on videos. i have only seen one good proper behavior from an officer not saying it is a norm or not just saying it is a great example of an officer and professionalism that police and citizen should respect and try to adhere to.

BSbSF2Uxwc4&feature=related

Bardock42
If I were an alien, sent to earth to study humans, I'd be amazed at how stupid they were with their energy technology. I would be amazed at how retarded and damming corporations can be, but amazed at how much progress has come from those entities, at the same time.

That seems to be based on too many variables.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by One Free Man
For instance: my grandma notices gangsters torching her neighbor's car across the street. She calls the cops, and they are apparently all "dispatched".

Sounds like the cops were actually doing their job in that case. Unless car touching is really high on your list of felonies.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Sounds like the cops were actually doing their job in that case. Unless car touching is really high on your list of felonies.

Well, he did say torching, which is generally a step up from touching.

Unless you are the Hulk, maybe.

Symmetric Chaos
1. the fact that there are corrupt cops shows that evals are not completely effective.

Somehow I doubt that psychological evaluations are focused on detecting corruption let alone potential to become corrupt. It seems more likely that they would be trying to weed out people with defined disorders or a high probability of developing one.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Bardock42
Well, he did say torching, which is generally a step up from touching.

Unless you are the Hulk, maybe.

embarrasment

See now I live in a place where torching a car is so unlikely that I don't even think of that as an option.

dadudemon
the only thing i am trying to get across is if there is one corrupt Cop it stands to reason their may be more due to the corrupt cop's ability to have have lasted as long as he did, that or massively incompetent force members.

I think you're confusing "corruption" with "overly violent, controlling, and arrogant."

That might be a good point if you first proved that the psych evals were designed properly, were comprehensive, and/or if the evaluation results tolerated a degree of leeway.

They probably due "tolerate" a certain degree of ideal deviation a the probabilities would have to be accounted for because even a very "awesome" person would crack, given the right variables.

2. i am not aware of how often evals occur but i know that they can be done after a traumatic arrest..

I can tell you that there isn't an official "national" eval. it varies from one municipality to the next.

3. i didnt say the majority lie, but i believe many have done so based on the amount of corrupt police that have bn arrested. also ones personality might be a large part in why they want to become a police officer and some key reasoning to be a police officer might also be shared by professional criminals or corrupt unethical ppl.

You need to then prove that the total number of "corrupt" (this includes those police that were also part of foul play such as excessive force) police ousted and/or arrested have an occurrence greater than a per capita measure against the very population they police.

why do we need to prove anything? this is a forum debate if we dont have evidence we can still voice our opinion and use logic building to help support our position.

You may not have to prove anything in a debate, with a kid, but with adults, facts and studies go a long way in a discussion. You and I literally cannot making claims and not expect someone to expect them to be backed up. It just doesn't work that way. Would you rather just have speculative discussions that lead to no meaningful conclusion or information? That seems rather ... restrictive.

i dont know about all Police being @$$holes but the few run ins i had with police from asking for directions to simply standing around harassed or arrested have bn @$$holes. 7/10 of my experiences the police were pricks. the problem is many think that being unprofessional and disrespectful toward a citizen is okay when in fact it is not and in the military where i served as base security such behavior can get one in trouble and demoted. yet, police still continue to work with such attitude even after various complaints from citizens.

Do you think it is proper to base your claims on your own anecdotal experience? How is that even close to being objective?

i cant prove that cops are egotistical but i an tell you by training that one has to portray a dominate commanding presence when engaging with a suspect that doesnt mean be a prick. that just means being firm, confident and decisive in ones actions and vocal commands.

You're running in the fields of strawman, now. You've got to keep it more focused on what is in question.

something i see missing many times on videos. i have only seen one good proper behavior from an officer not saying it is a norm or not just saying it is a great example of an officer and professionalism that police and citizen should respect and try to adhere to.

BSbSF2Uxwc4&feature=related

I agree that two-way respect goes a long way. I also know that respect given, first, by yourself, will get you respect.

Wild Shadow
http://www.injusticeeverywhere.com/?p=266

here is a site with various collected reports of misconducts with other links leading to more. perhaps there is only 2:1 odds of corruption or 2 to 3% but when you look at the sheer amount of victims does it really matter?

is it really a valid argument to try to dismiss reports and incidents b/c they are low in number rather then to do a complete investigation?

http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/bahhi
"I am sorry, but even when good cops turn a blind eye to the bad cops, they become bad cops. "

dadudemon
http://www.injusticeeverywhere.com/?p=266

here is a site with various collected reports of misconducts with other links leading to more. perhaps there is only 2:1 odds of corruption or 2 to 3% but when you look at the sheer amount of victims does it really matter?

is it really a valid argument to try to dismiss reports and incidents b/c they are low in number rather then to do a complete investigation?

facepalm

You ignored everything in my post and you are also missing a major point in your above statement:

I said:

"You need to then prove that the total number of "corrupt" (this includes those police that were also part of foul play such as excessive force) police ousted and/or arrested have an occurrence greater than a per capita measure against the very population they police."

http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/bahhi
"I am sorry, but even when good cops turn a blind eye to the bad cops, they become bad cops. "

Though it is true, it is a strawman.

Wild Shadow
MSSZKJC9T2A

more use of excessive police violence..
police need to be better trained and these cops need to be released from the force and tried . zero tolerance should make officers think twice with the amount of force applied in subduing ppl. whistle

Wild Shadow

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.