Buddhist monks of the ancient Korean

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cherrcherr123
Buddhist monks of the ancient Korean state of Silla encountering supernatural beings in what may be termed vision-quests. Information of this kind has hitherto been understood by scholars as evidence of the persistence of ancient Korean shamanism. As context, this article problematizes the idea of shamanism and its relationship to Tantric Buddhism and provides evidence for the vision-quest motif in Sino-Indian Buddhist literature. It focuses on examples of this motif in the Samguk yusa to suggest that connections between ancient Korea, China, and India are closer than previously believed. The motif does not demonstrate the rapprochement between indigenous shamanism and Buddhism so much as attest to an ancient approach to religious experience.

inimalist
http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-128251979.html

are you Richard McBride?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by inimalist
http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-128251979.html

are you Richard McBride?

laughing More likely just a plagiarist.

SamZED
Wrong forum.
Also may I suggest you change your name to BuddhaIsAlive, believe me people around here would love you.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by SamZED
Wrong forum.
Also may I suggest you change your name to BuddhaIsAlive, believe me people around here would love you.

laughing out loud

Wild Shadow
so what are we asking about shamanism?

most religions whether judeo in origin or Buddhist tend to merge and share certain believes of the specific area or country where it is being preached or studied.

i love shamanism i think its the most pure expression of spirituality kinda like animism.

AsbestosFlaygon
Originally posted by SamZED
Wrong forum.
Only Shaky will love him

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.