Lucifer & Michael vs Scathan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
Who wins?

Nihilist
Team in a stomp of rapefest proportions.

Either could solo.

Tattoos N Scars
Originally posted by Nihilist

Either could solo.

agreed

Xplosive
I can understand Michael+Lucifer beating him. We have only seen Scathan once. He did what he did, PIS or not. I don't know why PIS, since we only saw him once. Anyway, what he did, far surpasses anything Lucifer or Michael did individually (or even together). Only way is truly them combining and beating him (since it's said their power combines the power of The Presence, which I never bought, and that is only in range, they are still not powerful as The Presence).
If them combined, depends on situation. On their own they lose to Scathan.

quanchi112
Scathan wins.

Philosophía
Either one on team 1 wins by himself.

cdtm
Originally posted by Xplosive
I can understand Michael+Lucifer beating him. We have only seen Scathan once. He did what he did, PIS or not. I don't know why PIS, since we only saw him once. Anyway, what he did, far surpasses anything Lucifer or Michael did individually (or even together). Only way is truly them combining and beating him (since it's said their power combines the power of The Presence, which I never bought, and that is only in range, they are still not powerful as The Presence).
If them combined, depends on situation. On their own they lose to Scathan.

Basically, it's PIS because this is the first and only instance we have of a Celestial being stronger than the Living Tribunal, and it's not explained how he could be that powerful in the story. So we have to resort to speculations like "The Celestials have an artifact stronger than LT", or "TOOA empowered Scathan".

Prior to Scathan, the only character naturally stronger than LT (Possibly) is the pre retcon beyonder, and that's explained by his status of existing outside of the normal MU, and not having to abide by their rules in the cosmic hierarchy.

cdtm
Originally posted by Nihilist

Either could solo.

Assuming Scathan isn't normally more powerful than LT, agreed.

Although for the record, I do believe Michael or Lucifer alone could at least challenge LT.

Black bolt z
Scans of all three please.

cdtm
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Scans of all three please.

Of just the characters, or the feats?

I don't have any scans on me, but you can try a Google image search. Just type in something like Vertigo, Lucifer, or Vertigo Michael, and maybe Celestial Scathan

kevdude
Lucifer or Michael solo.

Flameback
Lucifer & Michael.

iceman24567
Lucifer or Michael wins

Colossus-Big C
scathan is a not 616 universe chracter so he is not cannon to the 616 universe, he is cannon to the living tribunal though.

anyways i heard that he is the sum total of all the celestials including every alternate universe celestials

Xplosive
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
scathan is a not 616 universe chracter so he is not cannon to the 616 universe, he is cannon to the living tribunal though.

anyways i heard that he is the sum total of all the celestials including every alternate universe celestials

Protege was a threat to whole MU, not only 616 universe. Scathan saved all realities including 616, so it doesn't matter from where or when he was.

He alone stopped Protege, while Living Tribunal + others couldn't. So how or when exactly did Michael or Lucifer shown that kind of power?

Colossus-Big C
Protege was a threat to whole MU, not only 616 universe. Scathan saved all realities including 616, so it doesn't matter from where or when he was.

He alone stopped Protege, while Living Tribunal + others couldn't. So how or when exactly did Michael or Lucifer shown that kind of power? lucifer created the vertigo multiverse

Tazer
Yo.

He alone stopped Protege, while Living Tribunal + others couldn't. So how or when exactly did Michael or Lucifer shown that kind of power?

all Scathan did was blind Protege; it aint like he beat him in a power battle.

and if the kid was *really* more powerful than LT, then I would think he'd simply break free from the judgement he was given since IIRC we never saw him depowered or anything.......

as for the topic, I think its debateable, but Id see Luc letting Mike do all of the hard work, so as to figure a way to outsmart Scathan *somehow* afterward.

Tazer

Omega Vision
Team

iceman24567
Originally posted by Tazer
Yo.

all Scathan did was blind Protege; it aint like he beat him in a power battle.

Tazer thumb up

Colossus-Big C
lucifer and micheal stomp

you know actually theres a good explanation on this,

the tribunal that was with protege was retconned to be just a mere manifestation mbody the tribunal sent.
and all scathan did was judge against here and then living tribunal agreed absorbed him into himself.

King Kandy
Originally posted by Tazer
and if the kid was *really* more powerful than LT, then I would think he'd simply break free from the judgement he was given since IIRC we never saw him depowered or anything.......
LT was empowered by the amulet of aggamoto then.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by King Kandy
LT was empowered by the amulet of aggamoto then.
How exactly does that work? That's like "amping" the sun with a lit match.

iceman24567
^ i was thinking the same thing

TheTyrant
Scathans > Protege.

Do the math.

Astner
Sata--ehm. I mean Scathan.

King Kandy
Originally posted by Omega Vision
How exactly does that work? That's like "amping" the sun with a lit match.
Hey, i'm not the one who wrote it. But that was the explanation given in the comic.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by King Kandy
Hey, i'm not the one who wrote it. But that was the explanation given in the comic.
The shitty, poorly written comic.

I don't see why people get so hung up about Scathan when his only appearance is clearly just a case of bad writing and wonky power levels.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.