The Legend of Dragoon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Omnislash Kid
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj62/Dragonblade1/legend_of_dragoon.jpg

I think it's time that the few people who have played one of the best RPG's (in my personal opinion) finally gets some recognition. Even though the game wasn't popular enough to get a large number of games like FF series, I still love it and will continue to love it.

KingD19
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keollyn
Hmm, this is relevant to my semi-interest.

Kongol catching a large stone structure
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyLJBPQ2hug#t=3m51s

Haschel destroying a gate with a single fist
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rI5Igm2t0HU#t=10m17s

All that was in base form.

CosmicComet
I'm tempted to play through it again to note any feats that I can.

I loved that game.

LLLLLink
I'm playing through it right now. It's the best PS1 RPG, imo.

NemeBro
I would play it, but someone stole it from me like four years ago.

LLLLLink
Originally posted by NemeBro
I would play it, but someone stole it from me like four years ago.

Might I recommend Ebay or Amazon?

CosmicComet
I just remembered a good durability feat for Dart.

Vexm0qKpllI
^1:44 Lloyd cuts right through him and Dart is not majorly injured after the fight is over.

LLLLLink
Yeah, I used that in the Dart and Lloyd vs Squall and Sephiroth debate.

NemeBro
Originally posted by LLLLLink
Might I recommend Ebay or Amazon? You willing to mail me a loan?

Kazenji
Might I recommend Ebay or Amazon?

Or maybe play it on a emulator?

LLLLLink
You willing to mail me a loan?
If I had limitless money, sure. But, I don't.

NemeBro
If I had limitless money, sure. But, I don't. Funny, neither do I.

I could probably get it on my PSP actually, will look into that.

CosmicComet
Yeah, I used that in the Dart and Lloyd vs Squall and Sephiroth debate.

There's more.

CfXU3zxDv64
^At 1:20 of the same tournament, you fight that archer dude. Before the fight even starts officially (your hp and what not don't show up yet), he has a cutscene where he declares he's about to attack and then does so immediately. After the attack is over the fight begins and you take the damage from it. So its an unavoidable cutscene attack.

Then when you beat him he confirms he hit you. "What a monster! Nobody should be able to get up after that!"

LLLLLink
Originally posted by CosmicComet
There's more.

CfXU3zxDv64
^At 1:20 of the same tournament, you fight that archer dude. Before the fight even starts officially (your hp and what not don't show up yet), he has a cutscene where he declares he's about to attack and then does so immediately. After the attack is over the fight begins and you take the damage from it. So its an unavoidable cutscene attack.

Then when you beat him he confirms he hit you. "What a monster! Nobody should be able to get up after that!"

He shot you in the dick, too. Dart = nads of steel.

NemeBro
Knee, actually.

Omnislash Kid
I think Shana/ Miranda were useless in this game. Meru too. Though, they were both hot so i think it's ok.

NemeBro
Shana and Miranda were only useless because they could not use any ****ing additions.

CosmicComet
Another great Dart durability feat. Wow this stuff is pretty subtle actually.

_iR6ARPlZi4

Dart takes three slashes from the raptorial forelimbs of the green mantis like dragon known as Feyrbrand.

He takes two slashes from it starting at 5:01 when it appears and a third one at 5:48 just before Rose appears to help him.

This is an impressive durability feat because he's taking slashes from a beast shown to be strong enough to knock down trees and shake a small mountain causing rock slides.

CosmicComet
Another durability feat for Dart.

5E_j8njQM1s

When you fight Dart's father Zieg and you initially attack him with Dart, Zieg will be undamaged and talk trash at Dart and then do his final burst spell on Dart. Dart will then say "Darn! This is my Father's power?" confirming that it hit and did hurt--but obviously didn't incapacitate. So yeah, unavoidable cutscene attack against Dart.

^Oh and good reaction speed too near the beginning of the video where he dodges Zieg's slash.

LLLLLink
Knee, actually.

Inner thigh. Dart probably has a long hose. wink

CosmicComet
pEP8pAoeUQQ

2:03 to 2:31. Reaction speed feat for Dart (man does he have all the feats? confused )

iUHLZqps6hQ
Later in the game, Dart is able to keep up with Lloyd's speed whereas during the first disc he was overwhelmed by it.

OwfWMOLHKkQ
Again, Lloyd himself is fast enough to do all that. (:01 to :50) He goes completely invisible at times.

Anyway, I'll defer this thread to you for now 5L since you and a friend are actually taking the time to play through it again.

Omnislash Kid
Shana and Miranda were only useless because they could not use any ****ing additions.

That, the fact that their only good stats were magic def. and that they couldn't use magic. I think Meru, Shana/ Miranda, and Rose should have had magic. I mean hell, Shana is by far the worst character because she just lacks in so many ways. Meru is slightly better, not doesn't come close to even want to use in your party. Also, I think the fact that Dart's dragoon magic is just so much better than the others is crap. Like, Red_Eyed Dragon is 175% to all is just cheap considering nobody else has that kind of power. Sony needs to remake this game and fix that. I think that was the only problem I really with the game. Well that and how those 3 characters were useless because of it. Other than that the game is perfect.

CosmicComet
Meh I changed my mind. I can't hold back.

6RFixHOYvEs
7:33-7:37. More of Dart's durability. Takes a punch from Kongol who is easily a class 100 guy as seen in the video on the first page where he catches that massive stone fist. Dart wasn't even knocked out and more to the point he ran INTO the punch making it even more powerful.

QivWdgo3xdA
6:00-6:59. Dart is shown to be fast enough to tag a thief named Mappi and fast enough to easily sidestep a close range surprise attack from him too. Mappi himself as you can see is fast enough to easily dodge a thrust and a couple of slashes from Rose.

I remember Dart being called 'featless' in the past. As we can see now, this is hardly the case. Hell, thus far it seems to me that LoD had more frequent cutscene feats than FF7 or FF8 did.

ScreamPaste
Truf.

CosmicComet
Another great speed/reaction time feat.

BcgtcQNqCBk

9:18-9:22. The thief Mappi makes a leap at Haschel. Dart who wasn't even in the room somehow dashes in and knocks Mappi back before he even touches the ground. Can someone roughly math that?

CosmicComet
3F5tMt5nfnE
4:19-5:06. Heavy bleeding from Emperor Doel after Dart slashes through his thunder dragoon armor, killing him. Good strength feat.

zI6eJqtT7Go
6:21-6:38. Dart sends the giant Virage creature staggering back towards a cliff. Good strength feat again on Dart's part. The Virage themselves are durable enough to survive in lava, can regenerate lost limbs, and of course are very strong--most likely well over class 100.

BktSFKA4YIQ
5:12-5:14. Dart cuts through four ghost knights that charged at him from all sides in an instant. Good speed/reaction time feat.

Omnislash Kid
^why do you keep posting feats that are lame? The only good feat any of them have is killing legendary dragons (one of which was a god but didn't exactly show that kind of strength in battle). Dart doesn't have any good cut scene feats. Hell, Kongol has the only good one: lifting and holding a giant ass statue. What are you trying to accomplish?

CosmicComet
If you are paying attention to anything I've been posting and actually understanding context, then there is no way you can call these feats lame without some mental imbalance. Especially durability wise.

'What are you trying to accomplish?'. What a retarded question, I do believe this is a respect thread of your making. Now kindly shut up, while I make your thread awesome.

Mj9vVsTnVmQ
Albert shatters Doel's light and shadow swords in a future fight on the moon, starting at 2:34.

ymsMeHqW5_Q
Another durability feat for Dart (and Rose). They are fighting the Darkness Dragon which they can't seem to hurt. Rose tells him the weakspot at 5:22, that they have to attack its heart after it fires its Black Lazer cannon at them. That lazer was shown to one shot a Virage, they get hit with it and then go on to win.

Omnislash Kid
If you are paying attention to anything I've been posting and actually understanding context, then there is no way you can call these feats lame without some mental imbalance. Especially durability wise.

'What are you trying to accomplish?'. What a retarded question, I do believe this is a respect thread of your making. Now kindly shut up, while I make your thread awesome.

Mj9vVsTnVmQ
Albert shatters Doel's light and shadow swords in a future fight on the moon, starting at 2:34.

ymsMeHqW5_Q
Another durability feat for Dart (and Rose). They are fighting the Darkness Dragon which they can't seem to hurt. Rose tells him the weakspot at 5:22, that they have to attack its heart after it fires its Black Lazer cannon at them. That lazer was shown to one shot a Virage, they get hit with it and then go on to win.

No no no. I've played the game multiple times. I know all their feats. In fact, I'm currently playing the game AGAIN.

The feats are lame if you compare to other games. I admit, no normal humans could do any of the things they do. Though, I just dont think TLoD has any feats that are worth while. As much as I love this game I just dont see any worth while feats in here. And after watching the first 5 vids you posted, I decided that rest would be more wastes of time. Also, from what I've seen all your posting is game play mechanics (which are non canon for the most part. There are very few exception. TLoD doesn't have any).
This is a respect forum. Constantly posting feats is retarded since this isn't even a "Verses" forum. If you cant give me a valid reason on what you're trying to accomplish, why are you on this thread?

That's just my opinion though. I wouldn't get your panties in a bunch about any of this.

NemeBro
The Respect forum's main function is to provide a gateway to feats that may be used on the versus forum.

So stfu.

CosmicComet
Excellent. You truly didn't understand a damn thing. Absolutely nothing I've posted can be termed 'gameplay mechanics', do not go haphazardly using phrases incorrectly.

Everything I've posted is canon. They've been either non-battle scripted events or in-battle scripted events. Scripted events = canon.

Posting feats is exactly the kind of thing that goes in a respect thread, you are somehow unfamiliar with this? No one said anything about this being a 'versus section', however you ironically are making it one yourself by saying they shouldn't be posted because you think they aren't impressive feats relative to other games(I disagree). Who cares?? It's a respect thread for LoD and LoD alone.

And that's exactly what I'm doing here, scouring for cool videos for a game I respect. While all you've contributed is posting a picture and talking about how lame Shana and Miranda are. If you somehow didn't comprehend that as the 'valid reason' why I'm here from the get go, then you are as retarded as my first impression gave me.

NemeBro
*Gave

CosmicComet
^lol thanks.

LLLLLink
^lol thanks.

Dude, you're hogging all the good stuff! stick out tongue

Valley of Corrupted Gravity.

CosmicComet
Alright, no more from me. You can have the rest.

LLLLLink
I'm gonna need some, time, ok? Me and Yoda are beating it together for nostalgia, and we play about once a week.

NemeBro
zI6eJqtT7Go
6:21-6:38. Dart sends the giant Virage creature staggering back towards a cliff. Good strength feat again on Dart's part. The Virage themselves are durable enough to survive in lava, can regenerate lost limbs, and of course are very strong--most likely well over class 100. I would like to point out that this is not really a strength feat, the Virage did not appear to me to be knocked back by Dart, rather, it fell off the edge due to weakness from its injuries.

Other than that good job.

CosmicComet
Well I should have said the initial impact of Dart's blow made it slide back maybe 20 feet, but yeah Dart got the last blow in.

Keollyn
This thread is moving.

LLLLLink
Well I should have said the initial impact of Dart's blow made it slide back maybe 20 feet, but yeah Dart got the last blow in.

Well, Dart caused those injuries if that is the case, so technically, he still sent the Virage staggering backwards, there was just a little prep, is all.

CosmicComet
K6-JXQyMjxs

Just posting the ending. My favorite RPG ending ever, great music and just the right mix of happiness and mourning.

NemeBro
Melbu Frahma was awesome though.

StyleTime
It's too bad his boss music sucked so bad.

CosmicComet
A Dart strength/striking feat.

Fxknkq7FqqY
10:10-10:24. Dart hammers Lloyd with a right hand that knocks him down and hurts him a little bit.(Lloyd touched his jaw after the blow) This is a big deal. Why? Because about an hour or so earlier in a prior section we see Lloyd no sell some fireball volleys from another wingly:
VMbBcgObI-E
00:01-1:42. A single fireball blast was shown to blow away 3 knights at the same time, but to Lloyd they were little more than a breeze against his face, even talking and walking closer while being blasted. The self-destruct at the end hurt him quite a bit though.

LLLLLink
I hated that darned Dragon Block staff (aka Grand Jewel) when I was a kid.

CosmicComet
LBa-qBCz1Yw
An example of Dragoon flight speed and nimbleness. Rose(Black Monster) obliterates a village and then quickly takes off, looks like she's flying to the moon??

TZZJvI0esV0
Ending FMV. Full of feats.

-1:39-2:00. Dart tanks a massive beam from Melbu Frahma, whose arm explodes, at least partly due to Dart's resistance to the blast.

-2:24-2:43. General dragoon durability feat. Rose and Dart's father Zieg charge at Melbu Frahma and stab him with the Dragon Buster sword. A blue charged explosion occurs and they are dead center in it. At 3:53 we see that Zieg and Rose are still in-tact, although Zieg seems to have fainted due to his prior weakened condition.

-2:43-3:00. The resulting energy from the explosion from above sends out enough energy through the pores of the moon to easily fry the virages flying outside. Keep in mind Dart and crew are still in the center of the moon at this point.

-3:00-3:11. Durability and flight speed. Dart and crew easily outrun a massive explosion inside the moon after they were already in the very center of said explosion!

-3:21-3:41. Dart fires off his divine dragon cannon within a 2 second charge up and it causes a huge explosion which he and the crew subsequently fly right through.

-4:01-end. Dart and crew easily fly a safe distance away from ground zero of the moon exploding into a massive mushroom cloud.

More for later.

GrieverSquall
It's the best PS1 RPG, imo.

thumb up

LLLLLink
WWPd9Jnuk-c

Anybody care to explain what Lloyd did at 0:28? Did he just stop time, and teleport or something? O_O

0J9BFFHIKLc

We've got Lloyd @ 2:30 blowing away a bandit without moving. TK or super-speed?

NemeBro
I would say both are due to Lloyd's speed personally, especially the second one, notice that he got his sword out.

LLLLLink
I would say both are due to Lloyd's speed personally, especially the second one, notice that he got his sword out.
Lol, I knew you would be the first to respond. So, you think he was just booking faster than the eye can see? Sounds good to me.

CosmicComet
An early durability feat:

QQGv-Afzp6U
10:34-11:14.
The team when they go inside the volcano on disc one meet a boss they will later face, the Fire Bird. Notice that before it appears, it shows the power to shake the whole volcano. Lavitz wonders if an eruption is taking place. The bird also emanates a lot of heat, the screen was getting redder and redder as it was getting closer to the team and it was still very far away.
riQDHDiCx1U
4:24. After the party beat the fire bird while fighting on a narrow ledge, Dart acknowledges the difficulty of the fight noting how hot it was.

Moving on:

wUhCT6f4BQc&NR

4:45-5:15.
When Dart delivers the death blow to the Divine Dragon, the falling of its head/neck back down to the ground creates a massive upheaval. Seriously, how much of its physical power could it have even put into that being that it was DYING? It was mostly a matter of weight/density, but imagine if it was alive and putting force into it, awesome. The fact that Dart & Co managed to beat a creature that strong, heavy and dense is an excellent feat.

Just a note, Lloyd claims to have weakened the creature before hand with the Dragon Buster in a prolonged fight, but the characteristics of the Divine Dragon I mention remain the same, it may have just been even more awesome before that.

GrieverSquall
Anybody care to explain what Lloyd did at 0:28? Did he just stop time, and teleport or something? O_O

The second video is indeed Lloyd's speed.
As for the first one, I think they wanted the players to know that Lloyd was there first, you know, before Dart and the others arrive to the city, like... A a symbolic way: "Lloyd was here". If I am not mistaken, there are more similar scenes, or maybe I'm confused with another game... confused

NemeBro
Lol, I knew you would be the first to respond. So, you think he was just booking faster than the eye can see? Sounds good to me. More like so fast time has appeared to stop, faster than the eye can see is well within his capabilities as we have already seen.

Also, CosmicComet, the Divine Dragon feat is kinda stuff. Lloyd did not just weaken it, he goes as far as to proclaim it "almost dead."

CosmicComet
^I know, though I don't buy the 'nearly dead' because of how active it was in the fmv cutscene right before the fight. Regardless like I said, if it was really that weakened(near dead or otherwise), that means it was even stronger at full power, than what the party had to fight.

That video is as much (if not more) a Divine Dragon feat than a party feat because of the situation.

NemeBro
True.

It has taken far too long for this to be posted.

GPToIw7JWso

Shows several feats from the old Dragoons. The Dragoon who Haschel replaced (Forgot name and cannot understand what the chick said it is) with a suicide attack created a huge explosion, which destroyed what I believe was a Super Virage. A dragon was shown biting a Virage in half, then attacking one with a huge beam of energy. Zieg's assault on Melbu Frahma ends up destroying the entire structure they were in. Belzak supports what appears to be a gigantic section of the complex from crushing them. Also, some of Melbu Frahma, even in death he was able to completely curse Zieg and seal him in stone for a millenia.

Also, funny voice acting.

CosmicComet
lol i loved the voice acting. i think the girl said 'Kansas!' in a very ****ed up way.

good vid though.

CosmicComet
oqe6ajhMO2E
I only learned today that this awesome song used for motivational scenes, is Dart's own theme.

LLLLLink
God, I love this game so much. Also. in the fight with the Divine Dragon, Lloyd is tanking his explosions, it seems.

Also, Dragoons seem to have levitation, surpassing true flight. Notice how they can hover, fly backwards, etc without moving their wings.

CosmicComet
^True on the levitation. The wings almost seem more symbolic then functional. Or maybe they can move faster if they flap their wings in tandem with their levitation.

I still have more to post later, this game is surprisingly chock full of stuff. It's fun looking through it again.

LLLLLink
Human form Dart can jump about 6 ft in the air.

CosmicComet
^Much more than that.

yalzHA0qNz8
Crew fights Kongol again, this time he comes wearing special Gigantos armor, according to him the strongest there is. His steps cause the tower they are in to shake. At 2:32 Rose shatters his armor with a single stab after the fight is over.

LLLLLink
Oh yeah, I forgot about those finishing blows, like to the Virage, for example. stick out tongue

LLLLLink
Here's the Dragoon question of the century: Is Haschel's 2nd addition called "Flurry of Styx", "Ferry of Styx", or "Fury of Styx"?

I think it's "Ferry of Styx" because that makes the most sense.

GrieverSquall
Shit... I miss that game, I wanna play again.
The Legend Of Dragoon rocks.

LLLLLink
There is a petition online for a LoD remake. Find it, and sign it.
These kinds of things never work, but at least an effort was made.

http://www.petitiononline.com/LOD2/petition.html

That's the link for one:

Omnislash Kid
I remember doing that petition like 2 years ago. Not enough people even care about that game to do it. T_T

GrieverSquall
There is a petition online for a LoD remake. Find it, and sign it.
These kinds of things never work, but at least an effort was made.

http://www.petitiononline.com/LOD2/petition.html

That's the link for one:

Yeah, I did that petition a year ago. But... I wonder if they are really thinking in making a sequel... Let's pray for that.

LLLLLink
I just got to the part where Kongol catches that rock. It was a lot bigger than I remembered.
Also, Haschel busted a 20+ ft rock door.

CosmicComet
I believe there was a scene where Dart demonstrates that he can turn into a dragoon as quickly as he thinks about it. I forgot exactly what was happening though but it was outside of battle in a 3d 'sprite' scene in one of the towns.

Also I'm going to be playing through the game soon myself (with some cheats to make it faster) so I can point out all this stuff easier.

LLLLLink
Dragoons are powered by insanity, according to Rose.

CosmicComet
-7Z-ZlUV7GA
3:59-8:26
Dart and Lavitz engage and beat a ninja-esque opponent that can use a shadow clone technique as seen at 6:35.

CosmicComet
G-y-MU-Ah0c

Dart and crew defeat an underground creature called Jiango after they are dropped down to its lair. Jiango is strong enough and heavy enough to shake the entire cave they are in and subsequently bring down stalactites from the ceiling--all with just a little jumping up and down.

When you beat it, it crashes into a boulder and the boulder collapses opening up a secret path. Again, that's how heavy/dense it is. Its a big feat to be able to damage that thing.

Omnislash Kid
I'm pretty sure this thread died because of your nonsense. Making a respect thread into a thread about feats within game mechanics, which 99% of the time dont even apply. I hate you.

CosmicComet
You moron. gtfo with your nonsense, nothing 'died' here. respect threads aren't discussion threads, they are for archiving feats which i am doing.

Again, don't ever use words that you have no idea the meaning of either. 'gameplay mechanics'. Lmao.

Omnislash Kid
Yeah, because if nobody is posting anything on a thread it totally isn't dead.
And you're wrong about your "argument" about the feats thing. Feats in respect threads are used to compliment the character on top of everything else that makes them, them. Just posting feats doesn't accomplish anything you imbecile.
And how are you going to get out of my own thread. F****** troll

CosmicComet
Again. You have no idea what you are talking about or the purpose of respect threads here. Noob.

They archive feats so as to use them as a database for possible threads. Besides that, the feats I'm posting ARE making the characters look good. If you don't think they do, its simply the dated graphical representations that are getting to you. Don't be so simple minded.

You've contributed nothing to your own thread. I and LLLLLink have made your thread awesome.

And who's the troll here, the guy abiding by the POINT of respect threads or the guy who randomly drops by to complain like a fool for some odd reason?

Omnislash Kid
Every vid your posting are all game mechanics. They dont count for much. And I'm not really trolling. I'm simply stating that what you're doing in my opinion is retarded. Also, based off the fact that nobody is even posting anything on this thread it's probably because the amount of ridiculous space you're using posting nonsense. Go to every other respect thread, not only on this site but others, and tell me if you see every single person posting vids about gameplay mechanics (which is what they are). I can promise you that a respect thread is meant for conversation and discussing the characters abilities and things they like about the game. Not just the characters, fool. And you're not really justifying they're badassary with all of these vids, considering they're all gameplay. Unless it's something like fighting Melbu Frahma, it's not very special. You dont count any items or weapons in games as anything to consider when it comes to feats, exceot in this case Dragon Buster, since it was actually used to kill dragon. However, when actually using it it's nowhere near the level it's at when it's referenced to. That's because of gameplay mechanics. Damn.

CosmicComet
God ****ing damn. There is not a single Legend of Dragoon respect thread that I can find on the net that has anything more than 2 posts. Other than this one. Perhaps understand the reason for your thread's relative invariance of posters; HARDLY ANYONE REMEMBERS OR HAS PLAYED THIS GAME.

I am doing your thread, (that would have sunk forever after 5 posts) a service by posting things.

Also:

Game mechanics: items, potions, HP, MP, stats in general etc.

Do you understand simpleton? What am I posting here? I am posting canon fact. Everything I have posted, is canon fact.

I am not talking about hypothetical item combinations, boss strategies, or anything that has to do with mere player input/results. I am posting things like mid-battle, and out-of-battle cutscenes and whatever in general that highlights either party character or boss character abilities.

Never before have I come across a retard that complains that his own thread is being used appropriately, shall I start my own and just post all of this over? Apparently, you sir, would rather your thread be barren, dead, forgotten, and useless.

Omnislash Kid
I'm not saying that I would have no one do anything with it. And items, weapons/ armor, ect. Are only used in verses threads or guides for explanation of what is best for what situation and for what character. Also, there are few cutscenes that really make them look amazing. I'm not saying these guys aren't amazing, but a lot of the game made them seem feeble until disk 3. Well, with the exceptions of bosses that are part of the main story line or are referenced to, which in this case are all part of the main story line. Emperor Doel would be a good fight to post since they're killing someone with the powers of the violet dragon, which is a main part of the story line. If you think about it, mos tof the things they fight up until disk three aren't very impressive. Though, I'm not saying they are either. I mean they killed a freaking god. That's remarkable. The only vid I've actually agreed with that has a good feet is Kongol catching and lifting up the statue and Haschel breaking through the stone wall. I'm not sure if you posted it or not, but when Shana obliterates the Uroboros, I think that was impressive. I thank you for trying to help, but I think you could post things better than unimpressive feats. I've also noticed a lot of the video you posted, like the fight between Dart and Lloyd would be debatable over whether or not it can be considered canon. No doubt it happened, but since it happened as part of a battle that's why I say it's debatable. A lot of the vids you're posted are like that.

CosmicComet
Absolutely nothing I've posted is unimpressive.

If you think so, you are either have far too high an expectation for RPGs or, again, you are blindsided by the dated representation of the graphics and don't know how to look past it.

Reminds me of guys thinking Samurai Jack isn't as fast as some Bleach characters; seems to be only because of the animation, I can't think of any other reason. Because looking at feats alone, he makes some of those Bleach guys look like fools.

And you can say they didn't fight anything unimpressive till disk 3, but again that's just your own misconception based on the presentation of the enemies. I am highlighting the capabilities of the bosses and when ignoring the presentation and highlighting the actual feats they have, you realize that these early bosses that are presented as relatively minor challenges are actually VERY strong. Such as the dragon Feyrbrand being able to make the side of a mountain shake with head butts, or the Firebird being able to make an entire volcano shake with its power.

And no, how is an unavoidable scripted event such as in Lloyd vs Dart become debatable as canon? It's unavoidable. It happens every time you play it. And its a cutscene. Not debatable.

I'm doing this for my own purpose. I want LoD to be a respectable game verse. Thus I am posting the feats. And since this thread has taken off, we've had a handful of threads with LoD characters against some good opposition where the LoD guys were determined to have the advantage. I.E. This thread is doing well.

edit: Oh just great. This shitty debate has buried a previous page. Ignore the bullshit guys, just take in the feats.

Omnislash Kid
Feyrbrand is one of the exceptions I have to unimpressive bosses up until disk 3. Disk 2 had some notable bosses, as well as disk one. My point is, is that the most impressive feats occurred at, and after disk 3.
Also, the Lloyd, Dart fight is debatable. Obviously it has to happen, just like any other boss fight in the game. However, when you noted that Dart took a hit from Lloyd, it's debatable considering the other attacks that Dart and company take. For example, magic items dont count as canon, and neither do minor enemies that you face, yet they're still in gameplay mechanics. Also, the fight is also debatable because it's a fight/cutscene. It is a battle between Llyod and Dart, seeing as how you're using actual gameplay mechanics (IE attack, block, items). However, the finishing move and transportation and Lloyd's speed is what I consider canon as well as the fact that Dart isn't capable of hitting him at the time. Not the damage dealt from his other attacks.
So yes, it is canon, but not everything about that fight is canon, I agree. That's why I see it as debatable. That's my perspective though, and it is a valid one.

Heythere,Honey
Maybe I should get this game to see what all the fuss is about. no expression

CosmicComet
-Feyrbrand is hardly an 'exception'. There would have to be next to no bosses with feats on Disc 1 for him to be an 'exception', rather there is a sizable amount.

-There is absolutely nothing debatable about it and your perspective is not valid nor supportable in any fashion I'm afraid. For it to be debatable there would have to be some angle to make it debatable. There isn't one, simply saying 'debatable' doesn't make it so. The only thing you've mustered to say that it 'happens in battle'. Which is of course a merit-less point in and of itself--what would it being in battle have to do with contradicting canonity when the battle taking place is canon and it is an unavoidable ending sequence to said canon battle? Obviously, it doesn't. It is even immediately preceded by cutscene dialogue from Lloyd saying 'Its time', and then ends in unique animations that separates it from gameplay battle entirely, as we see Lloyd flaunting as he walks away and Dart clutching his midsection momentarily. So no, it doesn't even take place 'in battle'. It takes place at the END of a battle.

-The feat itself, taking a slash from a superhuman being of Lloyd's level is not contradicted by anything else he's taken either in the time frame of disk 1. So no, you have no point here.

Kindly go away unless you have something to add to the topic at hand. i.e. Respect Threading LoD. The ultimate irony here is a thread starter destroying his own thread. You have added nothing of value here thus far and I don't like that I have to waste time responding to this drivel and subsequently burying a couple of recent vids from the previous page. Further posts of this ilk will be ignored completely.

Like I said guys, ignore the pointless drivel being exchanged here. Enjoy the feats.

Omnislash Kid
You basically just proved my point for both Feyrbrand and Lloyd.
Of course Lloyd's finishing move is canon. I stated that. I also said that his speed was canon. Also, I put Feyrbrand as an exception to disk 1 having hardly any notable feats since they killed a dragon. The battle sequence obviously isn't cannon, but the fact that they kill Feyrbrand and Greham is pretty notable.
Also, I forgot to add the fact that Dart said that his abilities were superhuman. That was neglected on my part.
I was saying the actual damage from his moves however was not canon.
You obviously must have misunderstood what I meant.

I'm not destroying my thread. I'm just not being a fanboy and using opinions on why a lot of the things you posting can't be counted as feats since a lot of what I was at least was battle sequence.

CosmicComet
Moving on from the discussion with the user above who has issues with assessing basic matters of canonicity, another video:

vze_d-NvG24

At 16:30 they are about to go into the Valley of Corrupted Gravity. After they enter and Meru gets spooked, Rose says the entire valley's distortion is 'backwash' from the collision of wingly and dragoon power in the dragon campaign. (Which was 11,000 years ago.)

Turns out later at 32:10-32:54, the reason for the distortion of the valley is possibly even more simple than that; a complete form Virage left over from the dragon campaign--which Dart notes.

LLLLLink
Gah! I was going to post that about the gravity! Although, at the Virage fight, Rose(?) comments that it may be the power of the dormant Virage alone. O_O

LLLLLink
Ok, feat time.

@3:48 We see the Dragoon spirit instantly activating to danger and erecting a giant flame barrier which make the wingly poo himself. Try to shoot a Dragoon with a beam while his defenses are down? Hell no, you wont!

3L9H4yV7agw

@ 1:40 - 4:00 More Lloyd bad-assery. A blast that destroyed the Mille Sesaue Knight Captain and two knights in one shot wasn't even a breeze on Lloyd's face. Although, it seems that self-destructs are as OP as ever.

W-e1JANt4Hs

CosmicComet
^Thank you for posting the first one! Great reaction feat for Dart.

As for the second one, I posted it already. stick out tongue

LLLLLink
^Thank you for posting the first one! Great reaction feat for Dart.

As for the second one, I posted it already. stick out tongue

Shoot! There is one more small one for Lloyd, however.

@ 4:40 - 6:06 We see Lloyd use teleportation, instant pwnage barrier and mind reading. Awesome.

eLeqfjx23Ss

CosmicComet
Lloyd is quite the bad ass.

LLLLLink
Yeah, Lloyd is a raper. I just beat him, by the way.

CosmicComet
I'll link to the videos later, but the Winglies have demonstrated great magical power.

A female Wingly named Lenus, was able to trap Princess Emille (I think that was her name) in a pocket dimension using her powers.

Winglies have also been stated to have the power to levitate cities. This was demonstrated in Rose's flashback.

LLLLLink
I'll link to the videos later, but the Winglies have demonstrated great magical power.

A female Wingly named Lenus, was able to trap Princess Emille (I think that was her name) in a pocket dimension using her powers.

Winglies have also been stated to have the power to levitate cities. This was demonstrated in Rose's flashback.

Oh yeah... That pocket Dimension was cool. You also learn a bit about how Dragoons work in that bit.

CosmicComet
Finally been able to get back to playing it again.

PfMa6x0VKRA

28:31-28:53 Good durability feat for Dart and Rose. After beating the Divine Dragon they come upon Lloyd again who shoots a fireball at Dart and Rose. They fall off the edge of a cliff and the sounds make it seem like they even tumble down some before hitting flat ground. Dart gets up immediately, Rose is out of it but otherwise ok.

Can't say for sure how far the fall was, but when Meru finally flies down to them at 33:05, she makes it sound like it took awhile to find them. So they fell pretty far obviously.

CosmicComet
FzFIlySf67A

Dart and Co fight a powerful Demon named Zackwell who resurrected Lavitz momentarily and was using his body as a host.

3:28-3:59 Zackwell's true form appears out of Lavitz's body and introduces himself.

5:55-5:59 Dart defeats Zackwell's physical manifestation.

6:00-6:23 Zackwell once again takes up residence in Lavitz's body and attacks Dart relentlessly after jumping up 30+ feet. Dart deftly dodges a couple of slashes and several thrusts.

The rest of the video is one of the coolest and most touching cutscenes of the game.

LLLLLink
Dude, Zeig is a freakin beast. no expression He owned LLoyd and Rose effortlessly.

CosmicComet
He owned Dart twice around midway through in the 4th disc.

-He knocked back Dart who charged at him, with a mere backhand. Dart was more hurt by this backhand than he was from a punch from Kongol himself.

-Then in a later cutscene Dart charged at him in Dragoon form. Zieg pushed him back with a forced field and that alone managed to knock Dart out of his Dragoon form.

And this is again, Dart early on in the 4th disc. Who is WAY more powerful than he was in the Strongest Hero tournament from the 1st disc.

CosmicComet
5L, we have confirmation that Rose/Black Monster did indeed fly to the moon in that one cutscene.

When you finally get inside the moon that never sets, Dart asks if this is really the moon, Rose says yes, and that its 'been a long time'. Meaning she's been there before.

Also one of Kongol's dragoon moves involves him flying up out of the atmosphere to punch a meteor:

-6Lmj917ng4
1:26-1:55

So yeah Dragoons can fly well past escape velocity, which is Mach 34.

CosmicComet
Probably my last video, as I've finished the game again just yesterday.

Dart redeems himself somewhat for his earlier showings against the possessed Zieg:

3NTNWsozouU

9:09 - 9:15 Dart and possessed Zieg in dragoon form charge at each other and clash swords. Impact pushed Dart back quite a bit but it pushes Zieg back a little too. Damn good showing when you take into context how big a boost dragoon form gives to strength, speed etc. and how strong/fast possessed Zieg was even outside of dragoon form.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.