The Bad Lieutenant

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CC001
Film24.com are giving away 14 sets of tickets for you and 3 friends to attend an exclusive screening of the critically acclaimed The Bad Lieutenant. The screening will take place at a luxury London cinema on the 12th of May. The offical UK release of the film is the 21st of May.

MildPossession
At least give the full title... so not to confuse it with the original film.

Blinky
^You mean the one with Harvey Keitel? That movie was f*cking warped. Good film though. They remade it?

SnakeEyes
Not really a remake. Werner Herzog took the title and I think similar premise and ran with it. I've heard it's way different from the first. The title of the "remake" is - Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans.

From Wiki - "It appears to borrow superficially from Abel Ferrara's 1992 film, Bad Lieutenant, which featured a crooked cop (Harvey Keitel), who is a drug addict and takes sexual favors as bribes. The film's director, however, insists that it is not a sequel or a remake"

I haven't seen either though, I've been meaning to.

Robtard
Originally posted by Blinky
^You mean the one with Harvey Keitel? That movie was f*cking warped. Good film though. They remade it?

They did; it wasn't very good. Nick Cage is the lead.

SnakeEyes
Really? I've heard good things. I have to see for myself!

Robtard
I found it lacking all around.

Nick Cage trying to be an unscrupulous junkie cop didn't come off nearly as well as Kietel did.

SnakeEyes
Fair enough, hm. I'll post my thoughts when I see both films.

Still, I'd rather see Nic Cage do movies like this as opposed to crap like Bangkok Dangerous, Next, and the National Treasure movies.

BruceSkywalker
the remake s^cked very very badly..

the original was much better

SnakeEyes
No offense Bruce, but I would never, ever trust your opinion.

The guys on the podcast I listen to liked it and it has an 86% on rottentomatoes - http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/bad_lieutenant_port_of_call_new_orleans/ - that's enough for me to check it out.

And it's Werner Herzog.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by SnakeEyes

The guys on the podcast I listen to liked it and it has an 86% on rottentomatoes - http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/bad_lieutenant_port_of_call_new_orleans/ - that's enough for me to check it out.

And it's Werner Herzog.

each and everyone of us give out our opinions.. so it really doesn't bother me one way or the other

fried green, err rotten tomatoes i don't even go on, let alone care alone, good for you though

besides not every herzog film is good

Robtard
And it's Werner Herzog.

That was the selling point for me, maybe I expected too much.

Tired-Hiker
I liked it better than the Keitel version. I thought Nick brought a more dynamic energy to the latest version of this movie. The Keitel version was rather boring to me, and forgettable.

The Nuul

And it's Werner Herzog.

Yes, because that site gives the best reviews and we should always believe them.

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by The Nuul
Yes, because that site gives the best reviews and we should always believe them.

Is that what I said? At all? No. I said that the fact that it's getting positive reviews is another reason for me to check it out. It's not rocket science. Go be a dick elsewhere.

Also, rottentomatoes doesn't even GIVE reviews, they collect an assortment from several critics.

-Pr-
I thought the movie itself was a bit of a mess. It had a plot, and such, but it felt like it wasn't very... I dunno. Just not put together very well.

One thing i will say, though: I thought Cage was excellent. I've seen some pretty bad shit he's been in, but this, i thought he showed that he actually has some talent for acting, if not for picking roles.

Blinky
The movie wasn't as good as the first movie, with Keitel. But I found the movie entertaining and actually found Cage to be decent (I normally can't stand the man). The story was pretty interesting, and it had some nice camera work. I really enjoyed the whole lizard thing when Cage was tripping, funny stuff. I liked the movie... but obviously it's not one of Herzog's best.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.