KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The Bad Lieutenant

The Bad Lieutenant
Started by: CC001

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
CC001

The Bad Lieutenant

Film24.com are giving away 14 sets of tickets for you and 3 friends to attend an exclusive screening of the critically acclaimed The Bad Lieutenant. The screening will take place at a luxury London cinema on the 12th of May. The offical UK release of the film is the 21st of May.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2010 02:13 PM
CC001 is currently offline Click here to Send CC001 a Private Message Find more posts by CC001 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

At least give the full title... so not to confuse it with the original film.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2010 04:51 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blinky
Android First Class

^You mean the one with Harvey Keitel? That movie was f*cking warped. Good film though. They remade it?

"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead."

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2010 04:55 PM
Blinky is currently offline Click here to Send Blinky a Private Message Find more posts by Blinky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Not really a remake. Werner Herzog took the title and I think similar premise and ran with it. I've heard it's way different from the first. The title of the "remake" is - Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans.

From Wiki - "It appears to borrow superficially from Abel Ferrara's 1992 film, Bad Lieutenant, which featured a crooked cop (Harvey Keitel), who is a drug addict and takes sexual favors as bribes.[5] The film's director, however, insists that it is not a sequel or a remake"

I haven't seen either though, I've been meaning to.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2010 06:40 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Blinky
^You mean the one with Harvey Keitel? That movie was f*cking warped. Good film though. They remade it?

They did; it wasn't very good. Nick Cage is the lead.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2010 06:42 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Really? I've heard good things. I have to see for myself!

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2010 06:43 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I found it lacking all around.

Nick Cage trying to be an unscrupulous junkie cop didn't come off nearly as well as Kietel did.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2010 06:47 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Fair enough, hm. I'll post my thoughts when I see both films.

Still, I'd rather see Nic Cage do movies like this as opposed to crap like Bangkok Dangerous, Next, and the National Treasure movies.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2010 06:51 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

the remake s^cked very very badly..

the original was much better

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2010 07:12 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

No offense Bruce, but I would never, ever trust your opinion.

The guys on the podcast I listen to liked it and it has an 86% on rottentomatoes - http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/bad...ll_new_orleans/ - that's enough for me to check it out.

And it's Werner Herzog.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2010 08:36 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by SnakeEyes

The guys on the podcast I listen to liked it and it has an 86% on rottentomatoes - http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/bad...ll_new_orleans/ - that's enough for me to check it out.

And it's Werner Herzog.

each and everyone of us give out our opinions.. so it really doesn't bother me one way or the other

fried green, err rotten tomatoes i don't even go on, let alone care alone, good for you though

besides not every herzog film is good

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Last edited by BruceSkywalker on Apr 23rd, 2010 at 09:58 PM

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2010 09:56 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

And it's Werner Herzog.

That was the selling point for me, maybe I expected too much.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2010 10:12 PM
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

I liked it better than the Keitel version. I thought Nick brought a more dynamic energy to the latest version of this movie. The Keitel version was rather boring to me, and forgettable.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2010 06:43 AM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

And it's Werner Herzog.

Yes, because that site gives the best reviews and we should always believe them.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2010 03:44 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Originally posted by The Nuul
Yes, because that site gives the best reviews and we should always believe them.

Is that what I said? At all? No. I said that the fact that it's getting positive reviews is another reason for me to check it out. It's not rocket science. Go be a dick elsewhere.

Also, rottentomatoes doesn't even GIVE reviews, they collect an assortment from several critics.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2010 04:21 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I thought the movie itself was a bit of a mess. It had a plot, and such, but it felt like it wasn't very... I dunno. Just not put together very well.

One thing i will say, though: I thought Cage was excellent. I've seen some pretty bad shit he's been in, but this, i thought he showed that he actually has some talent for acting, if not for picking roles.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 26th, 2010 11:24 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blinky
Android First Class

The movie wasn't as good as the first movie, with Keitel. But I found the movie entertaining and actually found Cage to be decent (I normally can't stand the man). The story was pretty interesting, and it had some nice camera work. I really enjoyed the whole lizard thing when Cage was tripping, funny stuff. I liked the movie... but obviously it's not one of Herzog's best.

"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead."

Old Post Jun 13th, 2010 04:07 AM
Blinky is currently offline Click here to Send Blinky a Private Message Find more posts by Blinky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote