Doom War

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WhiteWitchKing
So has anyone here been reading this? It's really good so far. It's self contained event, unlike Siege. I would think more readers would enjoy this since it's not a huge event (tho it should be) with tie-ins.

Doom is a total bastard like always here. He practically made T'Challa's god eat dirt.

http://i.annihil.us/u/prod/marvel/i/content/65015comic_storystory_full-3399103..jpg

Warlord
so is this where all the non siege related heroes are occupied at the time?

vansonbee
Originally posted by Warlord
so is this where all the non siege related heroes are occupied at the time? Marvel will never tell.

They might even bring Sentry out of no where. laughing out loud

The Nuul
JR JR sucks!!!!! I cant stand him. Love DOOM though.

willRules
Originally posted by The Nuul

Whaaaa??? I love his art!

I don't think he's doing the interiors though.

vansonbee
Originally posted by willRules
Whaaaa??? I love his art!

I don't think he's doing the interiors though. He ruin WWH arc fight scene, well made it extra worst. stick out tongue

WhiteWitchKing

He's only doing the cover. The artist for this is Will Conrad and Scot Eaton.

http://comics.ign.com/articles/106/1067558p1.html

The Nuul
I have the first issue.

HueyFreeman
I have the first issue. What Doom does to the panther God is awesome.

Bentley
I think is lame, specially since Kang has confirmed that Doom is pretty much lying. Humanity survives 52 % of the time to rule the galaxy.

But, hey, Black Panther books have always been filled with PIS.

vansonbee
Originally posted by Bentley
I think is lame, specially since Kang has confirmed that Doom is pretty much lying. Humanity survives 52 % of the time to rule the galaxy.

But, hey, Black Panther books have always been filled with PIS. Where did read Kang quote from?

New writers disregard previous old information.

Bentley
The whole plot of the Destiny War, happening in Avengers Forever turns around the fact that humanity is very dangerous.

(It doesn't stop the very same Kang to use a similar argument in the Kang Wars to make people mistrust their governments, but he could've been bluffing, while Doom was interrogated by a plot device)

OneDumbG0
Doom professed seeing only one world where Earth isn't reduced to a cinder and mankind unites, flourishes and survives. The Panther God professes to see only one path leading to a world without evil, hurt or want.

You could argue that the 52% of futures where mankind evolves to dominate the universe are not necessarily futures where Earth isn't reduced to a cinder, or mankind "flourishes," or where there is no evil or hurt. In any case, the storyline running through Guardians of the Galaxy may have rendered Avengers Forever obsolete. Seems the Timeflux War has overridden the Destiny War.

In any case, I am 99% positive where Doomwar is leading. Proverbs 16:18 would be apt.

HueyFreeman
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Doom professed seeing only one world where Earth isn't reduced to a cinder and mankind unites, flourishes and survives. The Panther God professes to see only one path leading to a world without evil, hurt or want.

You could argue that the 52% of futures where mankind evolves to dominate the universe are not necessarily futures where Earth isn't reduced to a cinder, or mankind "flourishes," or where there is no evil or hurt. In any case, the storyline running through Guardians of the Galaxy may have rendered Avengers Forever obsolete. Seems the Timeflux War has overridden the Destiny War.

In any case, I am 99% positive where Doomwar is leading. Proverbs 16:18 would be apt. Based on the way the future is changing in Guardians, Im assuming that warlock was successful in stopping the growing holes in the universe or would Thanos's presence equate to the rifts opening back up and allowing other universes in.

Trackz
very good series, because it really makes sure that like in any war, neither side is completely righteous and it could have readers rooting either way.

willRules
In any case, I am 99% positive where Doomwar is leading. Proverbs 16:18 would be apt.

Totally agree and am impressed by reference to scripture. eek!

Bentley

I wouldn't mind if the thing was overwritten by the Guardians, since futures are always changing and shifting, making them all more interesting for storylines. Because of that very reason I find the discussion between the Panther god and Doom quite of stale, either future is something done or it isn't. I suppose that it's not a problem as long as it serves the storyline and since the series is ongoing I'm willing to wait and see.

Bentley
Hey this is done.

T'challa owns Doom under 40 seconds

willRules
Great, well written, self contained series.

WhiteWitchKing
Loved the ending. Book 5 and 4 were weak but this sealed it as a great mini.

vansonbee
Alot of compromise writing in this mini.

Still feel half & half showing is piling up for Doomy... Same with tussle during Destroyer armor vs. Thor occasion.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Bentley
Hey this is done.

T'challa owns Doom under 40 seconds Huge gaping plot hole is that T'Challa could have held back and waited for Doom to finish building the armor and then did what he did. And instead, T'Challa needlessly attacked Doom's bases, endangered his family and friends and ended up causing the death of countless Wakandans in a completely retarded attempt to take back something he had always realized deep-down was holding Wakanda back.

I saw the plot device coming a mile away, but considering how far T'Challa went and how much suffering was caused, I can't help but think that if I give full faith and credit to how the conflict was presented... T'Challa is quite possibly the stupidest character to ever headline an event.

Bentley
I get where you're coming from, but remember that if Doom managed to build the Armor he could attack anywhere on Earth, and since the attacks would be connected to Wakanda because of the vibranium the entire plot would make them the obvious enemy. Trying to stop him from building the armor was kind of a logic step to help his country and to keep Doom on his toes so he didn't knew he would be countered as he was.

WhiteWitchKing
Huge gaping plot hole is that T'Challa could have held back and waited for Doom to finish building the armor and then did what he did. And instead, T'Challa needlessly attacked Doom's bases, endangered his family and friends and ended up causing the death of countless Wakandans in a completely retarded attempt to take back something he had always realized deep-down was holding Wakanda back.

I saw the plot device coming a mile away, but considering how far T'Challa went and how much suffering was caused, I can't help but think that if I give full faith and credit to how the conflict was presented... T'Challa is quite possibly the stupidest character to ever headline an event.

Your implying he wanted to destroy it in the first place. He never did and that's why he gather teams to recover his Vibranium.
He didn't want to do what he did. As Doom pointed out, T'Challa's country is dependent on a metal that came from a space rock. Ten thousand years his country, technology, and pride was defined by it. That was his last option. It would've been stupid for him to destroy it and cripple his country without trying to recover it first. He underestimated Doom. But after the beat down he received and the harsh truth by Doom, T'Challa had no other choice but to cripple his country.

OneDumbG0
^ Stupid not to try and recover it? I understand he can try and make an attempt. But he realized that he was beaten, that Wakanda was crippled by its own cultural arrogance and that Doom was going to beat them at every turn all back in the middle of Doomwar #4. Why did he keep letting Shuri lead Wakandan troops to their death and having all his friends endanger themselves til they were decimated by Doomwar #5-6? Originally posted by Bentley
I get where you're coming from, but remember that if Doom managed to build the Armor he could attack anywhere on Earth, and since the attacks would be connected to Wakanda because of the vibranium the entire plot would make them the obvious enemy. Trying to stop him from building the armor was kind of a logic step to help his country and to keep Doom on his toes so he didn't knew he would be countered as he was. Keeping Doom distracted at the expense of his own army and his friends is a less idiotic excuse because at least it shows T'Challa using strategery...

... but I was expecting T'Challa to use strategy.

WhiteWitchKing
^ Stupid not to try and recover it? I understand he can try and make an attempt. But he realized that he was beaten, that Wakanda was crippled by its own cultural arrogance and that Doom was going to beat them at every turn all back in the middle of Doomwar #4.

He didn't realize he was beaten yet. Hence he pushed his army to fight Doom's network in hopes of crippling it and retrieving the Vibranium book #3. But by book #4, it was Shuri who was pushing their troops into unnecessary battles to destroy Doom's network at T'Challa's objection. She didn't want him to sit back and continue planning. He even says that she's throwing away troops like pawns on a chess board. He then considers fighting in an insane manner and contemplated shadow physics. That's when he comes up with his plan to destroy the Vibranium. Initially he'd thought he could beat Doom, then came up with this plan to destroy the Vibranium, and it became his last option when he was at Doom's feet by book #6.

He initially let them attack Doom in hopes of crippling his network. She continued despite his displeasure at the number of losses (book #4). The idea of using shadow physics came later when he realized he couldn't beat Doom straight up.

OneDumbG0
^ The idea of using shadow physics was present in Doomwar #4. And he doesn't even bother sharing this strategy with Shuri to stop her leading the Wakandans and his friends to their massacre even though Shuri herself is the one telling T'Challa he can't continue fighting the fight like he normally would.

That makes him stupid or a tool in my book.

basilisk
I like the way T'Challa and Shuri try to put the spin on for the Wakandan people at the end. After all the lives lost trying to stop Doom, then being forced to use the last resort, T'Challa actually turns around and thanks Doom and says it's all for the best! They're free now! Err...thanks, T'Challa. He is definitely a better politician than strategist.

And I had to laugh at Shuri's posturing to Doom at the end with all the super heroes standing there backing her up. Like a little dog facing off a big dog when it knows its master is standing right behind it.

Bentley
^ The idea of using shadow physics was present in Doomwar #4. And he doesn't even bother sharing this strategy with Shuri to stop her leading the Wakandans and his friends to their massacre even though Shuri herself is the one telling T'Challa he can't continue fighting the fight like he normally would.

Again, you're forgetting Wakanda would be blamed, it would be war. Shuri is president, is not only her call to make but it would be her whole country to suffer the consequences. T'challa acted on her back because it was the only way to keep the blame from Wakanda.

WhiteWitchKing

He brings it up with Reed after Shuri had wasted a number of her troops. He brought up Shadow Physics after commenting on her strategy. He then contemplated using Shadow Physics to destroy the Vibranium because a logical strategy wasn't going to work against Doom who were always steps ahead of them. It's not stupid when he didn't come up with the idea of destroying the Vibranium. Him having knowledge of Shadow Physics is of no relevance if he never came up with the idea to destroy his supply. His first idea was sending out troops to retrieve the vibranium.

Rage.Of.Olympus
This event started out with so much promise. Ended up being shit.

And lulz at T'Challa's b*tch of a sister running her mouth off to Doom. Seriously, f*cking Doom?

He should have the b*tch captured, tortured, and then killed.

Who wrote this anyways?

manjaro
i must admit Shuri damn near ruined for me..cuz i couldnt get why she was acting like such a stupid hot head....wasting all those dorae milaje on errands she knew would probably fail

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.