KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Doom War

Doom War
Started by: WhiteWitchKing

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
WhiteWitchKing

Doom War

So has anyone here been reading this? It's really good so far. It's self contained event, unlike Siege. I would think more readers would enjoy this since it's not a huge event (tho it should be) with tie-ins.

Doom is a total bastard like always here. He practically made T'Challa's god eat dirt.

(please log in to view the image)

Last edited by WhiteWitchKing on Apr 24th, 2010 at 05:52 AM

Old Post Apr 24th, 2010 05:49 AM
WhiteWitchKing is currently offline Click here to Send WhiteWitchKing a Private Message Find more posts by WhiteWitchKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Warlord
Yes, I am...

so is this where all the non siege related heroes are occupied at the time?

Old Post Apr 24th, 2010 12:26 PM
Warlord is currently offline Click here to Send Warlord a Private Message Find more posts by Warlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vansonbee
Isee

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Warlord
so is this where all the non siege related heroes are occupied at the time?
Marvel will never tell.

They might even bring Sentry out of no where. laughing out loud

Old Post Apr 24th, 2010 02:13 PM
vansonbee is currently offline Click here to Send vansonbee a Private Message Find more posts by vansonbee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

JR JR sucks!!!!! I cant stand him. Love DOOM though.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2010 02:15 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

Originally posted by The Nuul

Whaaaa??? I love his art!

I don't think he's doing the interiors though.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2010 03:43 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vansonbee
Isee

Originally posted by willRules
Whaaaa??? I love his art!

I don't think he's doing the interiors though.
He ruin WWH arc fight scene, well made it extra worst. stick out tongue

Old Post Apr 24th, 2010 04:53 PM
vansonbee is currently offline Click here to Send vansonbee a Private Message Find more posts by vansonbee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WhiteWitchKing

He's only doing the cover. The artist for this is Will Conrad and Scot Eaton.

http://comics.ign.com/articles/106/1067558p1.html

Old Post Apr 24th, 2010 05:31 PM
WhiteWitchKing is currently offline Click here to Send WhiteWitchKing a Private Message Find more posts by WhiteWitchKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

I have the first issue.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2010 06:03 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

I have the first issue.
What Doom does to the panther God is awesome.

Made by Jugg666

Old Post Apr 24th, 2010 11:18 PM
HueyFreeman is currently offline Click here to Send HueyFreeman a Private Message Find more posts by HueyFreeman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

I think is lame, specially since Kang has confirmed that Doom is pretty much lying. Humanity survives 52 % of the time to rule the galaxy.

But, hey, Black Panther books have always been filled with PIS.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Apr 24th, 2010 11:59 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vansonbee
Isee

Originally posted by Bentley
I think is lame, specially since Kang has confirmed that Doom is pretty much lying. Humanity survives 52 % of the time to rule the galaxy.

But, hey, Black Panther books have always been filled with PIS.
Where did read Kang quote from?

New writers disregard previous old information.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2010 12:08 AM
Bentley
Seitei

The whole plot of the Destiny War, happening in Avengers Forever turns around the fact that humanity is very dangerous.

(It doesn't stop the very same Kang to use a similar argument in the Kang Wars to make people mistrust their governments, but he could've been bluffing, while Doom was interrogated by a plot device)

Old Post Apr 25th, 2010 12:22 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ODG

Doom professed seeing only one world where Earth isn't reduced to a cinder and mankind unites, flourishes and survives. The Panther God professes to see only one path leading to a world without evil, hurt or want.

You could argue that the 52% of futures where mankind evolves to dominate the universe are not necessarily futures where Earth isn't reduced to a cinder, or mankind "flourishes," or where there is no evil or hurt. In any case, the storyline running through Guardians of the Galaxy may have rendered Avengers Forever obsolete. Seems the Timeflux War has overridden the Destiny War.

In any case, I am 99% positive where Doomwar is leading. Proverbs 16:18 would be apt.

Revamped Thor Respect Thread Revamped Loki Respect Thread
Revamped Hulk Respect Thread Revamped Iron Man Respect Thread

Old Post Apr 25th, 2010 04:45 AM
ODG is currently offline Click here to Send ODG a Private Message Find more posts by ODG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Doom professed seeing only one world where Earth isn't reduced to a cinder and mankind unites, flourishes and survives. The Panther God professes to see only one path leading to a world without evil, hurt or want.

You could argue that the 52% of futures where mankind evolves to dominate the universe are not necessarily futures where Earth isn't reduced to a cinder, or mankind "flourishes," or where there is no evil or hurt. In any case, the storyline running through Guardians of the Galaxy may have rendered Avengers Forever obsolete. Seems the Timeflux War has overridden the Destiny War.

In any case, I am 99% positive where Doomwar is leading. Proverbs 16:18 would be apt.
Based on the way the future is changing in Guardians, Im assuming that warlock was successful in stopping the growing holes in the universe or would Thanos's presence equate to the rifts opening back up and allowing other universes in.

Made by Jugg666

Old Post Apr 25th, 2010 07:40 AM
HueyFreeman is currently offline Click here to Send HueyFreeman a Private Message Find more posts by HueyFreeman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trackz

very good series, because it really makes sure that like in any war, neither side is completely righteous and it could have readers rooting either way.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2010 12:56 PM
Trackz is currently offline Click here to Send Trackz a Private Message Find more posts by Trackz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

Totally agree and am impressed by reference to scripture. eek!

Old Post Apr 25th, 2010 04:04 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

I wouldn't mind if the thing was overwritten by the Guardians, since futures are always changing and shifting, making them all more interesting for storylines. Because of that very reason I find the discussion between the Panther god and Doom quite of stale, either future is something done or it isn't. I suppose that it's not a problem as long as it serves the storyline and since the series is ongoing I'm willing to wait and see.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2010 11:53 PM
Bentley
Seitei

Hey this is done.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: T'challa owns Doom under 40 seconds

Old Post Aug 7th, 2010 09:41 PM
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

Great, well written, self contained series.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2010 10:04 PM
WhiteWitchKing

Loved the ending. Book 5 and 4 were weak but this sealed it as a great mini.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2010 02:42 AM