What would be your biggest reason to NOT be a superhero?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord_Talron
so what would be the deciding factor that would make you not want to be a superhero if the opportunity arose?

for me, it would be the whole loosing teeth thing. i always cringe when people loose their teeth in comics. the whole time im thinking "those things dont grow back, how can you be so casual about that?"

yea, i wouldnt want to loose teeth.

steverules_2
Jokers always losing teeth and then somehow getting them back, I'm sure its the same with wolverine but his teeth probably grow back due to healing factor

Denny Crane
I dont do pro bono work

The Nuul
I would get fanboys.

Wild Shadow
um.. having to save sh%^birds who more then likely put themselves in a dangerous situation.. like committing a crime and half @$$ing it and having to save him from pigs.. also having to save dirty pigs who caused certain situations for profit instead of letting them die.. always going by the letter of the law and not taking the law into my own hand even though corrupt politicians and law enforcement do it on the daily

Mindship
No powers.

Galan007
People finding out my identity, and/or figuring out who my loved ones are.

Bentley
Getting too much tail.

Lord_Talron
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
um.. having to save sh%^birds who more then likely put themselves in a dangerous situation.. like committing a crime and half @$$ing it and having to save him from pigs.. also having to save dirty pigs who caused certain situations for profit instead of letting them die.. always going by the letter of the law and not taking the law into my own hand even though corrupt politicians and law enforcement do it on the daily who says you have to do it by the book embarrasment

Doctor-Alvis
I would worry that I wouldn't be able to kill enough.

WhiteWitchKing
Some uber being that dwarfs me in power deciding to come after me. Someone like Ultron or Doom deciding to kill me for intervening into one of their plans.

willRules
Life and death issues are easily retconned in a comic universe so the problem is not what you do, rather how you look doing it.....

M68ndaZSKa8

Doctor-Alvis
So someone could recon my kills? Not cool.

Omega Vision
The fact that even if you have a secret identity your loved ones always end up in the crossfire anyway.

Seriously how many times has Spidey had someone do something to his girlfriend even when they didn't know his identity?

Endless Mike
Getting beat up

WickedDynamite
Originally posted by Lord_Talron
so what would be the deciding factor that would make you not want to be a superhero if the opportunity arose?

for me, it would be the whole loosing teeth thing. i always cringe when people loose their teeth in comics. the whole time im thinking "those things dont grow back, how can you be so casual about that?"

yea, i wouldnt want to loose teeth.

Mine would be if Marvel decides to make me part of their universe.

Bouboumaster
Problems with public

Wild Shadow
higher an image consultant.. like hancock

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VseQOjm9xPU&feature=related

anyways @ lord talron

the superhero manual book of ethics and guide lines to always do right.

Lord_Talron
i thought it was established in freakazoid that lobe created that...

Kento
Because I'd rather be a super villain.

manjaro
having family and loved ones period...you're either gonna end up with the ones who purposely put themselves in danger cuz they know you can save them--Lois Lane. or ones who have a knack for being at the wrong place at the wrong time. i have lost count how many burning/exploding buildings both MJ and may parker have been in over the yrs or how many times they were at the bank, coffee shop, or museum when a super villain/random bad guy decides to rob the place.

peejayd
* secret identity revealed, or if not, my loved get involved... or the guilt if i failed to save a person's life... or maybe, just finding a cool superhero costume... stick out tongue

-Pr-
Would depend entirely on the powerset, imo.

With a herald's powerset, i'd feel more comfortable having loved ones. with a street level/meta powerset, i'd rely more heavily on a secret identity.

jalek moye
getting my ass kicked/killed by some vastly more powerful villian

Gecko4lif
I dont give a shit about other people.

Not the best trait for a superhero

Wild Shadow
my warped morality would have me turned into a super villain/ vigilante

deathstroke/punisher/black adam/deadpool style..

so i guess it be me being me..

Martian_mind
Boredom.

You can only beat the crap out of so many people before it becomes tedious.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Martian_mind
Boredom.

You can only beat the crap out of so many people before it becomes tedious.

you could always take over the world.

Doctor-Alvis
In the opposite vein, my real biggest reason would probably be people griping about me not doing enough, which would probably be true, but at that point it would become a job and then I'd not want to help anyone anymore.

Martian_mind
Originally posted by -Pr-
you could always take over the world.

The biggest mistake you can ever make is taking over the world.

You stand, battered and bruised, on a mountain made from the bodies of your fallen foes.Then, as you gaze down at all that is, with the knowledge that every inch of it is yours, all you think is.. "So what now?"

Then you have the problem of actually running the damn thing. If you let things turn to shit everywhere else while only satisfying your needs, then you've got 100 rebellions to deal with. If you run it proper, you have no down time.

You'd have to spend your time being a magnificent bastard I think. Hero one day, villian the next, doing whatever you felt like at the time. Even then, you'd need worthy opponents to make it interesting.

Entity
I'm sure for me atleast it would be all the PR crap. Like how all celebrities are micro analyzed in every single thing the paparazzi can get their greasy little fingers on them doing, saying, or accused of thinking. And even worse when they just completely make things up to sell stories and tear you down.

Its just to true that the one thing the public and paparazzi love more than anything is tearing people down.

I would hate having every little aspect of my life and actions completely derailed by people just wanting to make money off of it or simply hating me for being different and special.

Even if the secret identity thing were completely working and under absolute lock and key, just having to deal with all the anti-me publicity would irritate me to no end. Hearing people dictated thier personal logic and reasoning, while also telling me a billion ways they'd have done it better while knowing they'd be lucky to even begin to handle the smallest fraction of what I'd done would put me over the ****it edge! To where I just either told the whole planet to go **** themselves for all I cared and see if I help again or just cut completely lose and let the world know I'm doing whatever I want and if they don't like it then STOP ME or STFU!

-Pr-

You stand, battered and bruised, on a mountain made from the bodies of your fallen foes.Then, as you gaze down at all that is, with the knowledge that every inch of it is yours, all you think is.. "So what now?"

Then you have the problem of actually running the damn thing. If you let things turn to shit everywhere else while only satisfying your needs, then you've got 100 rebellions to deal with. If you run it proper, you have no down time.

You'd have to spend your time being a magnificent bastard I think. Hero one day, villian the next, doing whatever you felt like at the time. Even then, you'd need worthy opponents to make it interesting.

again, that depends on the powerset, imo. stick out tongue

HueyFreeman
my warped morality would have me turned into a super villain/ vigilante

deathstroke/punisher/black adam/deadpool style..

so i guess it be me being me.. Me too. Especially if my powerset was around Superman/Black Adam level. The world would tremble ! lol.

Wild Shadow
another reason is, i am not gay and will not wear tight spandex and underwear outside my pants or a cape.. although i will stuff a sock down there

basilisk
The possibility that I might have to come up against Superboy Prime in a fight...

or be forced to team up with Deadpool because my sales are low...

or get retconned from classic to current version of me, and my enemies come after me when they hear I've been depowered...

or get infected by a zombie virus...

or killed off in one panel of a mega crossover event just for shock value...

...too many reasons, really.

another reason is, i am not gay and will not wear tight spandex and underwear outside my pants or a cape.. although i will stuff a sock down there

That too.

Omega Vision
I'd say the straightest thing a man can do is dress like a flaming homo and not give a shit. No one is more secure about their sexuality than a man who dresses like a male prostitute to fight crime.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Omega Vision
I'd say the straightest thing a man can do is dress like a flaming homo and not give a shit. No one is more secure about their sexuality than a man who dresses like a male prostitute to fight crime.

like the cop in south park?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by -Pr-
like the cop in south park?
That's different, he was just pretending to be a female prostitute. stick out tongue

SamZED
I'd say the straightest thing a man can do is dress like a flaming homo and not give a shit. No one is more secure about their sexuality than a man who dresses like a male prostitute to fight crime. With an exception of a man who doesnt need to dress like a homo to prove that he feels secure about his sexuality.stick out tongue

willRules

But that logic could be applied to a gay man as well confused

I mean how far do you go with that? He's so straight, he's camp. He's so straight he dresses like a male prossie. He's so straight, he has sex with men.

BlackZero30x
Knowing that if i had powers id do whatever i want.

for example sure id save a store from being robbed but your frikkin crazy if you think i wont walk out with a couple little Debbie's!

GGS
Everyone percieves themselves as a victim; 'it was the *insert excuse here* that forced me to rob this bank'

People could dress up as you and frame you easily and you would have no way to prove it without revealing your real identity.

The media could crush you easily with stupid politically correct things like you have saved more white people than black people so you are a racist super hero

etc. etc.

All in all too much hassle lol.

Wild Shadow
they would love me.. only thing they could use against me is i have bn saving beautiful young women from rape or assualt and simply by statistics of the region they would mostly be white or hispanic..

how can you hate some one from saving the defenseless with good tv looks and rating

Konton
Herald powerset: Enslaving the human race is on my to do list.

Street powerset: Killing people for money is on my to do list.

Gecko4lif

The whole point is no down time

Down time is why you were bored

Darth Martin
There are a few things I can think on the spot:

1.Losing my life; Always having to be on call or prepared to put out fires, stop burglars, etc. Messing up relationships.
2.Someone revealing my identity; hurting my loved ones.
3.Putting your life in jeopardy; armed troops do this everyday though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.