"Dirty" Harry Callahan versus John McClane...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
Dirty Harry and John McClane in a shootout.

McClane is armed with his Beretta 92f. Callahan is armed with his .44 Auto mag, both with several reloads.

The fight takes place in a closed chinese restaurant at noon.

steverules_2
Mac beats riggs with the SUV dur Oh...wait...

Rogue Jedi
haermm Harry is a better shot with a more powerful gun, but McClane....well, he's the ****in' McClane.

the ninjak
Harry was fantastically accurate with the Magnum, But McClane is to miraculous with his take down style. John wins.

Rogue Jedi
Question is, how? How will Mac win? Harry is faster draw and a better shot.

I'm not siding with either here. I love McClane, I like Harry, I'm looking at abilities.

the ninjak
It's a tough call!

If a distance fight in a street Harry takes this.
If in an enclosed area like a building John should get some wins.

Rogue Jedi
Harry was pretty proficient at close quarters.

BruceSkywalker
Harry "You have to ask yourself a question.. Do I feel lucky?" "Well do you punk?"

McClane "Yippie kai yay mutherf8cker"

Rogue Jedi
OK......and then?

dadudemon
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Harry "You have to ask yourself a question.. Do I feel lucky?" "Well do you punk?"

McClane "Yippie kai yay mutherf8cker"

While l I like McClane's saying, better...you gotta give Harry props for a cooler statement. Me thinks that John's saying originated with the awesomeness that is Harry.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by dadudemon
Will I like McClane's saying, better...you gotta give Harry props for a cooler statement. Me thinks that John's saying originated with the awesomeness that is Harry. So Mac is a Callahan wannabe?

dadudemon
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
So Mac is a Callahan wannabe?

No. Part of the inspiration, I think, but not a copy.

Rogue Jedi
No. Part of the inspiration, I think, but not a copy. Rob almost had a heart attack for a sec.....

BruceSkywalker
While l I like McClane's saying, better...you gotta give Harry props for a cooler statement. Me thinks that John's saying originated with the awesomeness that is Harry.

it could have.. I 'm realy not sure what all influenced the person who created McClane

Robtard
Take a look at McClane's victims and take a look at Harry's. While Harry is bad-ass mofo with a hand canon, he's not winning here.

Personally, I'd like to think they'd respect each other and order up some chow mein and split one of those 40oz Tsing Tao beers while telling each other stories of the scum they've taken down.

BruceSkywalker
OK......and then?

then McClane realizes that Die Hard 5 is about to come to fruition and Dirty Harry realizes that Dirty Harry may become Dirty Harriet

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Robtard
Take a look at McClane's victims and take a look at Harry's. While Harry is bad-ass mofo with a hand canon, he's not winning here.

Personally, I'd like to think they'd respect each other and order up some chow mein and split one of those 40oz Tsing Tao beers while telling each other stories of the scum they've taken down. I'm going with Harry here. Bigger gun, better shot, faster draw. And IMO cooler than McClane. McClane is a point and sprayer, whereas Harry is a one shot killer.

jinXed by JaNx
Dirty Harry is most certainly taking the cake here. Time, Patience and experience earn him the victory. That man has proven that he can not only stop a bank robbery in progress all whilst eating a hot dog, but he can also out shoot the best marksman around and he knows how to handle american muscle.

McClane=endless corners, endless ammunition, endless endurance and stamina but he only has a few miracle shots and he has been known to take quite a few slugs out of carelessness.

McClane may be Prince, but Harry is king and Riggs is the lord (of the manor)

Rogue Jedi
haermm Well said, babe.

Robtard
I'm going with Harry here. Bigger gun, better shot, faster draw. And IMO cooler than McClane. McClane is a point and sprayer, whereas Harry is a one shot killer.

Didn't McClane shot a thin cable with a sub-nose revolver? Tells me he has pinpoint accuracy, when the need arises.

the ninjak
Harry's stare alone would freak McClane out long enough for Harry to put a hole in McClane's head.

Rogue Jedi
haermm

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by the ninjak
Harry was fantastically accurate with the Magnum, But McClane is to miraculous with his take down style. John wins.

Yeah he'll REALLY come unstuck when if asks McClane if he feels lucky...

('Cause McClane is so lucky, that Harry's first shot backfires, and judas guns him in the face or simply freakishly being out of bullets.
(Which in a magnum revolver happens WAY before a Beretta 9MM's clip.)

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by the ninjak
Harry's stare alone would freak McClane out long enough for Harry to put a hole in McClane's head.

That stare is something that only a guy of McClane's calibre can deal with.

He was stared at by Pissed off Karl....

Gruber....

The hardened stares of CIA, FBI, and Seals and of course,
the various Germans in Die Hard3.....

And he didn't even blink.
Hell he could repell a full 28 Care bear stare. wink

Sadako of Girth
(Speculative, true, Tenderheart bear's stare power was never gauged accurately by men of science)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.