KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » "Dirty" Harry Callahan versus John McClane...

"Dirty" Harry Callahan versus John McClane...
Started by: Rogue Jedi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

"Dirty" Harry Callahan versus John McClane...

Dirty Harry and John McClane in a shootout.

McClane is armed with his Beretta 92f. Callahan is armed with his .44 Auto mag, both with several reloads.

The fight takes place in a closed chinese restaurant at noon.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post May 5th, 2010 12:59 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Mac beats riggs with the SUV Oh...wait...

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post May 5th, 2010 01:03 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Harry is a better shot with a more powerful gun, but McClane....well, he's the ****in' McClane.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post May 5th, 2010 01:09 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Harry was fantastically accurate with the Magnum, But McClane is to miraculous with his take down style. John wins.

Old Post May 5th, 2010 02:50 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Question is, how? How will Mac win? Harry is faster draw and a better shot.

I'm not siding with either here. I love McClane, I like Harry, I'm looking at abilities.

Old Post May 5th, 2010 04:51 PM
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

It's a tough call!

If a distance fight in a street Harry takes this.
If in an enclosed area like a building John should get some wins.

Old Post May 5th, 2010 06:03 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Harry was pretty proficient at close quarters.

Old Post May 5th, 2010 06:23 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Harry "You have to ask yourself a question.. Do I feel lucky?" "Well do you punk?"

McClane "Yippie kai yay mutherf8cker"

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post May 5th, 2010 07:06 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

OK......and then?

Old Post May 5th, 2010 07:13 PM
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Harry "You have to ask yourself a question.. Do I feel lucky?" "Well do you punk?"

McClane "Yippie kai yay mutherf8cker"

While l I like McClane's saying, better...you gotta give Harry props for a cooler statement. Me thinks that John's saying originated with the awesomeness that is Harry.

Last edited by dadudemon on May 5th, 2010 at 07:16 PM

Old Post May 5th, 2010 07:14 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by dadudemon
Will I like McClane's saying, better...you gotta give Harry props for a cooler statement. Me thinks that John's saying originated with the awesomeness that is Harry.
So Mac is a Callahan wannabe?

Old Post May 5th, 2010 07:16 PM
dadudemon

Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
So Mac is a Callahan wannabe?

No. Part of the inspiration, I think, but not a copy.

Old Post May 5th, 2010 07:17 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

No. Part of the inspiration, I think, but not a copy.
Rob almost had a heart attack for a sec.....

Old Post May 5th, 2010 07:18 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

While l I like McClane's saying, better...you gotta give Harry props for a cooler statement. Me thinks that John's saying originated with the awesomeness that is Harry.

it could have.. I 'm realy not sure what all influenced the person who created McClane

Old Post May 5th, 2010 10:05 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Take a look at McClane's victims and take a look at Harry's. While Harry is bad-ass mofo with a hand canon, he's not winning here.

Personally, I'd like to think they'd respect each other and order up some chow mein and split one of those 40oz Tsing Tao beers while telling each other stories of the scum they've taken down.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on May 5th, 2010 at 10:44 PM

Old Post May 5th, 2010 10:42 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

OK......and then?

then McClane realizes that Die Hard 5 is about to come to fruition and Dirty Harry realizes that Dirty Harry may become Dirty Harriet

Old Post May 5th, 2010 11:53 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
Take a look at McClane's victims and take a look at Harry's. While Harry is bad-ass mofo with a hand canon, he's not winning here.

Personally, I'd like to think they'd respect each other and order up some chow mein and split one of those 40oz Tsing Tao beers while telling each other stories of the scum they've taken down.
I'm going with Harry here. Bigger gun, better shot, faster draw. And IMO cooler than McClane. McClane is a point and sprayer, whereas Harry is a one shot killer.

Old Post May 6th, 2010 03:02 AM
jinXed by JaNx

Dirty Harry is most certainly taking the cake here. Time, Patience and experience earn him the victory. That man has proven that he can not only stop a bank robbery in progress all whilst eating a hot dog, but he can also out shoot the best marksman around and he knows how to handle american muscle.

McClane=endless corners, endless ammunition, endless endurance and stamina but he only has a few miracle shots and he has been known to take quite a few slugs out of carelessness.

McClane may be Prince, but Harry is king and Riggs is the lord (of the manor)

Last edited by jinXed by JaNx on May 7th, 2010 at 06:47 AM

Old Post May 7th, 2010 06:35 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well said, babe.

Old Post May 7th, 2010 08:07 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

I'm going with Harry here. Bigger gun, better shot, faster draw. And IMO cooler than McClane. McClane is a point and sprayer, whereas Harry is a one shot killer.

Didn't McClane shot a thin cable with a sub-nose revolver? Tells me he has pinpoint accuracy, when the need arises.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post May 7th, 2010 03:35 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote