American Revolutionary War Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Impediment
This will be the British Army from the Mel Gibson film The Patriot.

Setting: The field where the final battle took place.

Goal: To get past the horde of Red Coats armed with bayonet muskets, cannons, and sabers to reach General Cornwallace and kill him.

Contestants will be modern day warriors with limited ammo and munitions, but with far more advanced weaponry and tactics than the Brits. The Brits outnumber 20 to 1. Muskets may be stobe age weapons, but they still pack a hell of a punch.

1. Team America: World Police. Regular weapons, no vehicles.

2. The SEAL team from The Rock with Casey Ryback from Under Siege. Usual weapons from films.

3. Robocop. Hand cannon.

4. Wolverine from X-Men 3. Claws and healing factor.

5. The Commando team from Predatror.

6. McClane and Riggs. Usual weapons.

(I am SO bored right now. This thread sucks, but I don't care.)

Rogue Jedi
Dude, I see dead British people.

Darth Martin
So do I. RoboCop is spite. I doubt 20 muskets is going to slow Wolverune down as well. Dutch's team mauls them with superior firepower. Haven't yet seen The Rock or Team America.

Riggs and McClane probably lose though.

Rogue Jedi
Depends on what Riggs and Mac's "usual weapons" are.

Darth Martin
I'd assume both get there Beretta 92 9mm?

Rogue Jedi
Then they lose.

Darth Martin
Probably. Haven't seen The Patriot; but I'd assume the soldiers get swords or bayonets along with their muskets. Flint-lock pistols? These two aren't exactly street levelers. In an open field, McClane's chances of pulling a trick out his ass decreases dramatically.

Rogue Jedi
Give Mac and Riggs machine guns and C4, the tables turn. Mac still dies, but Riggs takes to the woods and goes Commando.

Impediment
Meh. /thread.

I figured 5 to 1,000 odds seemed decent, considering the weaponry.

BruceSkywalker
they may survive to Robo, then get slaughtered/massacred..

EDIT... Casey Ryback led SEAL team from The Rock blows them to smitereens

Darth Martin
Like I said, haven't seen The Rock. But besides, the McClane/Riggs fight, I think the rest are spite.

Impediment
I was bored, is all. I can do better than this.

Impediment
I still think that the sheer number of Red Coats may, MAY, be enough to over power the combatants by riddling them with many, many, many, musket balls and cannon balls.

Impediment
Originally posted by Darth Martin
So do I. RoboCop is spite. I doubt 20 muskets is going to slow Wolverune down as well. Dutch's team mauls them with superior firepower. Haven't yet seen The Rock or Team America.

Riggs and McClane probably lose though.

20? I think you meant 200.

Still, you guys are right. This thead fails.

Rogue Jedi
Add Leonidas and the 300.

Impediment
Nice.

Rogue Jedi
sarcasm?

Impediment
Not at all. The 300 may actually stand a chance. Just look at screen feats.

Rogue Jedi
See? Not all my ideas suck mammoth nuts.

Impediment
I never stated so.

The shield dome may stand a chance for advancing maneuvers.

Rogue Jedi
And cannons? I think this is the 300's downfall.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.