Four Greatest Military Minds Play Risk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wild Shadow
Kim Jong-il
George W. Bush
Adolf Hitler
Saddam Hussein

these four men sit down and open the box containing risk..

who wins and why?

who gets what color who decides or how is it decided?

is the game too complicated/ or should they just play Halo?

seriously how do you see these guys tactical military skills stacking up against one another..

One Free Man
Rommel, Patton, Napoleon, Sun Tzu, Macarthur, Caesar, Grant, Lee? Where are the real greats?

Kim Jong-il, evil, dumb dictator.
George W. Bush, stupid, harmless ninnymuggins.
Adolf hitler, idiot
Saddam hussein, idiot

none of those people had ever shown any military genius.

Liberator
Agreed, these were all just spineless politicians who never did any of the real fighting. Mmm, but I think Kim Jong would be the winner, I think he did have some military experience.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Liberator
Agreed, these were all just spineless politicians who never did any of the real fighting. Mmm, but I think Kim Jong would be the winner, I think he did have some military experience.

So did Hitler.

One Free Man
Sure, but not one of his victories could be attributed to his knowledge or military prowess.

Ordo
Why is GWB a "great military mind"...couldn't we pick someone who successfully ran wars, not a politician who effed 2 up?

WickedDynamite
Although all these four men have military training and knowledge of combat skills...I seriously doubt they would sit down and play a game of Risk.

Risk is for Nerds.

inimalist
whoever knows the australia trick

Colossus-Big C
weres napolian ?
or general lieutenant commander George Marshall?

Nephthys
You guys do realise he's just making fun of them right? By, y'know, ironically saying they're great thinkers when really they're complete twats.

edit: I'm going with Hitler becuase he would go for teh blitz to the face. With his fist. And becuase I always thought his mustache was kewl.

edit2: Plus Hitler would own at Halo.

Red Nemesis
Kim Jong Il starts closest to Austrailia

so... him?

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by WickedDynamite

Risk is for Nerds.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u55/WatchOut_02/KimJong.jpg

Dr. Leg Kick
I guess Hitler from the options. The Waffengruppe was always feared from what I remember.

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by Nephthys

edit: I'm going with Hitler because he would go for teh blitz to the face. With his fist. And because I always thought his mustache was kewl.

hitlerhis mustache is pure evil no expression

anyways i thought it was pretty obvious what i was implying with the OP and title some ppl just over think things too much, right? or they dont get sarcasm

One Free Man
Nuh-uh, hitler attacks everyone at the same time ruthlessly, pissing them off so they unite and attack him.

I would actually go with sadaam. He has defeated smaller countries and survived at least one war against us.

Bicnarok
Gotta go for Adolf, blitzkrieg and double crossing your allies always gets you far.

Wild Shadow
who did hitler double cross?

i should have added this guy as well..

Mikhail Gorbachev
http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&q=Mikhail%20Gorbachev&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi

i wish a mod could add it to my voting poll.. angel

Bicnarok

Liberator
Hmm yeah and Hitler did have World War 1 experience... but he was an absolutely horrible strategist. The fact he went to war with Russia proves that.

Wild Shadow
what about G. dubba U.. Bush military experience?

he was a pilot which made him an officer.. reading

Robtard
Originally posted by inimalist

Win.

Thread should have ended here.

Wild Shadow
i dont know what is it?

Robtard
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
i dont know what is it?

Australia is easy defended and awards 3 (iir) pieces per round. So it's a strategy to get Australia, only exhaust one unit per territory and lump a shit load into Indonesia, Siam, or even South Africa to defend Australia.

Just a matter of time before you have more units than your adversaries, while not having to spread yourself thin in defending.

Wild Shadow
nerd.. geek

Robtard
nerd.. geek

Playing Risk beats playing with dolls, just saying. BTW, I am (or was) awesome at it. Been a good decade+ since I played though.

Bouboumaster
Well... I would say that Hitler win in a game of Risk, between this four.

Robtard
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Well... I would say that Hitler win in a game of Risk, between this four.

Na, he'd likely spread himself thin, would insist on holding onto Europe while simultaneous trying to capture Africa and Asia.

Bardock42
Australia is a good continent to own definitely, but it's far from a sure victory if you have it.

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by Robtard
Playing Risk beats playing with dolls, just saying. BTW, I am (or was) awesome at it. Been a good decade+ since I played though. action figures.. mad and i didnt play with them i collected them they are still in their original package

One Free Man
what about G. dubba U.. Bush military experience?

he was a pilot which made him an officer.. reading didn't get a chance to see any strategy. He mostly just spouted bullshit and stuff.

Robtard
Originally posted by Bardock42
Australia is a good continent to own definitely, but it's far from a sure victory if you have it.

Of course not, it's a good unit generator though.

One Free Man
I loved isengard rushing in BFME2. Soooooo epic.

lord xyz
Umm, Nelson?

inimalist
Originally posted by Bardock42

and they have released PC versions of risk where south america connects to new zealand, making it a little harder to hold

however, in that case, you just end up with SA and Aus, with only 3 defense points, making it like holding all of asia or europe

but ya, you need to have more going on than just aus

Digi
Originally posted by inimalist

f*cking right.

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by One Free Man
Rommel, Patton, Napoleon, Sun Tzu, Macarthur, Caesar, Grant, Lee? Where are the real greats?

Adolf hitler, idiot
Saddam hussein, idiot

...you do realize that this the "greatest military minds" part in the title is (probably) a joke, right? smile

Anyhow, Risk doesn't factor in a large amount of military strategy and stuff...but Bush is more likely to have played it before.

Robtard
Na, he's more the Chutes and Ladders type.

Wild Shadow
i should have made this thread into who wins these games:

tic tac toe
checkers
who sunk my battleship
chess
connect Four

super pr*xy
replace "risk" with "starcraft" and kim jong-il would PWN!

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Robtard
Na, he's more the Chutes and Ladders type.

He strikes me like more of a Candy Land player.

Pandemoniac
Originally posted by WickedDynamite
Although all these four men have military training and knowledge of combat skills...I seriously doubt they would sit down and play a game of Risk.

Risk is for Nerds.

Why? Because it requires insight, and planning ahead by tactical thinking while attempting to obscure your goals by misleading your adversaries? Are you perhaps baffeled enough by games that demand intelligence to write them of as nerdy?

Oh yeah, in this case, Hussein would probably win

Ms.Marvel
Originally posted by Pandemoniac
Why? Because it requires insight, and planning ahead by tactical thinking while attempting to obscure your goals by misleading your adversaries? Are you perhaps baffeled enough by games that demand intelligence to write them of as nerdy?

i think it has more to do with the fact that people who play it tend to smell and not bathe regularly and not pay attention a woman long enough to keep one.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by One Free Man

Adolf hitler, idiot
Saddam hussein, idiot

And Hitler, Hussien and George W. Bush are not evil?

Ms.Marvel
i dont think george bush is evil, i think hes just an idiotic instrument

Wild Shadow
i still havent voted.. its so hard to choose everyone makes a good point with who is stupid, idiotic and a moron

Liberator
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
i dont think george bush is evil, i think hes just an idiotic instrument

Not evil? He used the victims names of 9/11 to justify a 100,000 more.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.