Wally West vs Martian Manhunter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Warlord
who?

Slaanesh
Wally..he has a great TP resistent..way to fast for Manhunter..and has a greater damage output..he's just better..

Warlord
tp resistance?

Slaanesh
yup..i think i read it somewhere..because of how their mind work at hyperspeed..they are capable of resisting TP..i could be wrong thou..

Parmaniac
You're right it was in blackest night when he faced zombie MM at first he was manipulated and after he speeded up he escaped the tp attack.

Warlord
cool... i didn't know that...however this is an new trick as he has been affected by Tp before

Q99
How it works is when moving at speed, the tp comes at them 'slower'.

There was a comic where Grodd was trying to paralyze him with horrific visions projected into his head, but because he kept moving he got a brief flash every few seconds (his perspective, not real seconds) instead of an overwhelming attack.

So Flash is affected by telepathy in the sense that his brain doesn't have special immunity most of the time, but when hyper-accelerated it can basically process each part of the attack piece by piece and so not be nearly as affected.

Warlord
nice...I guess Jonn, without the TP option, goes down for the majority

lightyeargee
Originally posted by Warlord
nice...I guess Jonn, without the TP option, goes down for the majority He still can go intangible, and Invisible.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Wally.

lightyeargee
Originally posted by Slaanesh
Wally..he has a great TP resistent..way to fast for Manhunter..and has a greater damage output..he's just better.. Greater DMG output? What's stopping Manhunter from just going intangible and Invisible and Flying out of Wally's reach and firing off ranged attacks? Or throwing a mountain on the battle field?

cdtm
Originally posted by lightyeargee
Greater DMG output? What's stopping Manhunter from just going intangible and Invisible and Flying out of Wally's reach and firing off ranged attacks? Or throwing a mountain on the battle field?

The fact Wally should be much faster then MM, and steal his speed..

Plus, the speed force is such a plot device, it can probably affect his intangible form. Johnny Sorrow was intangible, and Jay Garrick took him into the speed force along with King of Tears.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Greater DMG output? What's stopping Manhunter from just going intangible and Invisible and Flying out of Wally's reach and firing off ranged attacks? Or throwing a mountain on the battle field?

You need to read a bit more Flash.

And since you apparently going CBR style with John, I think it's only fair that the same should be applied to Wally. In which case he takes it 10/10 every time.

lightyeargee
Originally posted by cdtm
The fact Wally should be much faster then MM, and steal his speed..

Plus, the speed force is such a plot device, it can probably affect his intangible form. Johnny Sorrow was intangible, and Jay Garrick took him into the speed force along with King of Tears. Wally has to find MM. Invisibility and the ability to change shape would make that impossible. Wally isn't a telepath. And even if John can't take over Flash's mind, Flash is still subject to a good Psy Bolt to slow him up. Even Zum was using his powers to much with Wally's powers.

lightyeargee
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
You need to read a bit more Flash.

And since you apparently going CBR style with John, I think it's only fair that the same should be applied to Wally. In which case he takes it 10/10 every time. I love Flash. I know all about him. But John is fast enough to instantly activate invisibility and Phasing.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I love Flash. I know all about him. But John is fast enough to instantly activate invisibility and Phasing.

Apparently you don't.

Once again, if we're going the CBR route, Wally wins every time. He'd have John beaten before the thought of going intangible or invisible even entered his mind. John would be nothing more than a frozen statue that he'd drain the speed out of and toss into a Volcano.

Stick to Wonder Woman threads.

Warlord
couldn't Flash hit by vibrating to his frequency even if Jonn is intangible?

lightyeargee
Apparently you don't.

Once again, if we're going the CBR route, Wally wins every time. He'd have John beaten before the thought of going intangible or invisible even entered his mind. John would be nothing more than a frozen statue that he'd drain the speed out of and toss into a Volcano.

Stick to Wonder Woman threads. Who said Wonder Woman was the only hero I read? I'm not going cbr because I don't know what that is. I'm going comics. MM knows about Flash. So it's not like he would go into this without knowing flash. a Telepath is a great defense against a speedster. Especially when that Telepath has a high amount of Superspeed himself.

cdtm
Wally has to find MM. Invisibility and the ability to change shape would make that impossible.

Wally claimed he could stop Superman cold when he was being chased, but didn't because it would mess up the environment..

In a battle, a speed steal should be near instant, considering he's starting out with greater speed.

Also, there's a feat of Wally seeing through invisibility by moving at near light speeds, which somehow alters his perceptions.. (Which makes sense, since he'd be blind at light+ speeds otherwise..)

lightyeargee
Originally posted by cdtm
Wally claimed he could stop Superman cold when he was being chased, but didn't because it would mess up the environment..

In a battle, a speed steal should be near instant, considering he's starting out with greater speed.

Also, there's a feat of Wally seeing through invisibility by moving at near light speeds, which somehow alters his perceptions.. (Which makes sense, since he'd be blind at light+ speeds otherwise..) The question is, has Wally ever stolen the speed of a being in complete control of thier own molecules. Which is all Wally is doing. Slowing down molecules.

Warlord
actually affecting speed (a form of energy) is different than affecting molecules (matter). so I don't think MM can block speedsteal

Rage.Of.Olympus
Who said Wonder Woman was the only hero I read? I'm not going cbr because I don't know what that is. I'm going comics. MM knows about Flash. So it's not like he would go into this without knowing flash. a Telepath is a great defense against a speedster. Especially when that Telepath has a high amount of Superspeed himself.

Your posts say more about you than you can imagine.

By going CBR I mean your apparently assuming that John would operate in this battle as if you were controlling him.

Seriously, starting off invisible and intangible followed by dropping a mountain on the battle field? GTFO.

Wally would absolutely eat John for breakfast if he was in that mindset. Screw John's level of super speed. Wally would recite the Mantra and he'd be nothing but a statue. He'd then go on to pulverize him like he did the Anti-Monitor.

In that same issue he was moving so fast he was invisible to Pre-Crisis characters including Superman and was able to amp some of the assembled heroes to the point either Supergirl or Powergirl stated they had never felt like they did at that moment.

lightyeargee
actually affecting speed (a form of energy) is different than affecting molecules (matter). so I don't think MM can block speedsteal Speed is the direction of molecules in a direction within an alotted time. Speed is not energy itself.

lightyeargee
By going CBR I mean your apparently assuming that John would operate in this battle as if your controlling him.

Seriously, starting off invisible and intangible followed by dropping a mountain on the battle field? GTFO.

Wally would absolutely eat John for breakfast if he was in that mindset. Screw John's level of super speed. Wally would recite the Mantra and he'd be nothing but a statue. He'd then go on to pulverize him like he did to the Anti-Monitor.

In that same issue he was moving so fast he was invisible to Pre-Crisis characters including Superman and was able to amp some of the assembled heroes to the point either Supergirl or Powergirl stated they had never felt like they did at that moment. So do you think Wally can do the same thing to Surfer, or Thor? Superman? Because MM has a leg up on all of them. He can read wally's mind, put up psy shielding so that Wally run's smack into psy shielding, etc.

Warlord
Speed is not energy itself.

speed is kinetic energy

Rage.Of.Olympus
So do you think Wally can do the same thing to Surfer, or Thor? Superman? Because MM has a leg up on all of them. He can read wally's mind, put up psy shielding so that Wally run's smack into psy shielding, etc.

All out Wally West is pure hax. He has such a broken powerset. He'd defeat either Surfer, Thor or Superman in that mindset.

F*ck telepathy. John won't have time to form a coherent thought. He'd be nothing but a statue frozen in time to the Flash.

Starscream M
All out Wally West is pure hax. He has such a broken powerset. He'd defeat either Surfer, Thor or Superman in that mindset.

F*ck telepathy. John won't have time to form a coherent thought. He'd be nothing but a statue frozen in time to the Flash. he still can't fly

lightyeargee
speed is kinetic energy No. Speed Generates Kinetic Energy. Hence why they have two different Names.

cdtm
Originally posted by Starscream M
he still can't fly

Characters can't start a battle mid flight.

Warlord
No. Speed Generates Kinetic Energy. Hence why they have two different Names.

no. ask your physicist or something. speed IS kinetic energy

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Starscream M
he still can't fly

He can fly or at least do something similar.
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Flash/AirSlowerThanFlash.jpg

He can also run in frictionless space.
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Flash/FlashinSpace1.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Flash/FlashinSpace2.jpg

Parmaniac
no. ask your physicist or something. speed IS kinetic energy Well you need an object to carry that kind of energy though

Warlord
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Well you need an object to carry that kind of energy though

not really... even subatomic particles move...the whole universe is on constant motion so speed is everywhere...
in DC in particular there is even a source of speed (the speedforce)

lightyeargee
not really... even subatomic particles move...the whole universe is on constant motion so speed is everywhere...
in DC in particular there is even a source of speed (the speedforce) Movement does not equal speed. Speed is a relative term based upon movement in a direction and the time it takes to get from point a to b.

Warlord
you contradict years of studies but ok...after all this is no school

Slaanesh

Wally got IMP..or he can just punch MM at lightspeed a thousand time before MM can react..Wally can go intangible too..he can even hit MM while MM is intangible..if MM is throwing mountain..do u think Wally is just gonna stand there??do u think Wally is dumb??and lets not go to the speedsteal..come on dude..u know Wally at his best is to much for MM..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.