KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Wally West vs Martian Manhunter

Wally West vs Martian Manhunter
Started by: Warlord

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Warlord
Yes, I am...

Wally West vs Martian Manhunter

who?

Old Post Jul 13th, 2010 10:58 AM
Warlord is currently offline Click here to Send Warlord a Private Message Find more posts by Warlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slaanesh
The forces of Chaos

Wally..he has a great TP resistent..way to fast for Manhunter..and has a greater damage output..he's just better..

Old Post Jul 13th, 2010 12:13 PM
Slaanesh is currently offline Click here to Send Slaanesh a Private Message Find more posts by Slaanesh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Warlord
Yes, I am...

tp resistance?

Old Post Jul 13th, 2010 12:17 PM
Warlord is currently offline Click here to Send Warlord a Private Message Find more posts by Warlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slaanesh
The forces of Chaos

yup..i think i read it somewhere..because of how their mind work at hyperspeed..they are capable of resisting TP..i could be wrong thou..

Old Post Jul 13th, 2010 12:27 PM
Slaanesh is currently offline Click here to Send Slaanesh a Private Message Find more posts by Slaanesh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Parmaniac
Evincar of KMC

You're right it was in blackest night when he faced zombie MM at first he was manipulated and after he speeded up he escaped the tp attack.

“I once had an entire race killed just to listen to the rattling of their dried bones as I waded through them.” —Volrath

Old Post Jul 13th, 2010 12:40 PM
Parmaniac is currently offline Click here to Send Parmaniac a Private Message Find more posts by Parmaniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Warlord
Yes, I am...

cool... i didn't know that...however this is an new trick as he has been affected by Tp before

Old Post Jul 13th, 2010 12:43 PM
Q99

How it works is when moving at speed, the tp comes at them 'slower'.

There was a comic where Grodd was trying to paralyze him with horrific visions projected into his head, but because he kept moving he got a brief flash every few seconds (his perspective, not real seconds) instead of an overwhelming attack.

So Flash is affected by telepathy in the sense that his brain doesn't have special immunity most of the time, but when hyper-accelerated it can basically process each part of the attack piece by piece and so not be nearly as affected.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2010 01:02 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Warlord
Yes, I am...

nice...I guess Jonn, without the TP option, goes down for the majority

Old Post Jul 13th, 2010 01:11 PM
lightyeargee
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Warlord
nice...I guess Jonn, without the TP option, goes down for the majority
He still can go intangible, and Invisible.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2010 02:23 PM
lightyeargee is currently offline Click here to Send lightyeargee a Private Message Find more posts by lightyeargee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Wally.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2010 02:24 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lightyeargee
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Slaanesh
Wally..he has a great TP resistent..way to fast for Manhunter..and has a greater damage output..he's just better..
Greater DMG output? What's stopping Manhunter from just going intangible and Invisible and Flying out of Wally's reach and firing off ranged attacks? Or throwing a mountain on the battle field?

Old Post Jul 13th, 2010 02:29 PM
lightyeargee is currently offline Click here to Send lightyeargee a Private Message Find more posts by lightyeargee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by lightyeargee
Greater DMG output? What's stopping Manhunter from just going intangible and Invisible and Flying out of Wally's reach and firing off ranged attacks? Or throwing a mountain on the battle field?

The fact Wally should be much faster then MM, and steal his speed..

Plus, the speed force is such a plot device, it can probably affect his intangible form. Johnny Sorrow was intangible, and Jay Garrick took him into the speed force along with King of Tears.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2010 02:43 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

You need to read a bit more Flash.

And since you apparently going CBR style with John, I think it's only fair that the same should be applied to Wally. In which case he takes it 10/10 every time.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2010 02:45 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lightyeargee
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by cdtm
The fact Wally should be much faster then MM, and steal his speed..

Plus, the speed force is such a plot device, it can probably affect his intangible form. Johnny Sorrow was intangible, and Jay Garrick took him into the speed force along with King of Tears.
Wally has to find MM. Invisibility and the ability to change shape would make that impossible. Wally isn't a telepath. And even if John can't take over Flash's mind, Flash is still subject to a good Psy Bolt to slow him up. Even Zum was using his powers to much with Wally's powers.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2010 02:46 PM
lightyeargee
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
You need to read a bit more Flash.

And since you apparently going CBR style with John, I think it's only fair that the same should be applied to Wally. In which case he takes it 10/10 every time.
I love Flash. I know all about him. But John is fast enough to instantly activate invisibility and Phasing.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2010 02:47 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus

I love Flash. I know all about him. But John is fast enough to instantly activate invisibility and Phasing.

Apparently you don't.

Once again, if we're going the CBR route, Wally wins every time. He'd have John beaten before the thought of going intangible or invisible even entered his mind. John would be nothing more than a frozen statue that he'd drain the speed out of and toss into a Volcano.

Stick to Wonder Woman threads.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2010 02:50 PM
Warlord
Yes, I am...

couldn't Flash hit by vibrating to his frequency even if Jonn is intangible?

Old Post Jul 13th, 2010 02:54 PM
lightyeargee
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Apparently you don't.

Once again, if we're going the CBR route, Wally wins every time. He'd have John beaten before the thought of going intangible or invisible even entered his mind. John would be nothing more than a frozen statue that he'd drain the speed out of and toss into a Volcano.

Stick to Wonder Woman threads.
Who said Wonder Woman was the only hero I read? I'm not going cbr because I don't know what that is. I'm going comics. MM knows about Flash. So it's not like he would go into this without knowing flash. a Telepath is a great defense against a speedster. Especially when that Telepath has a high amount of Superspeed himself.

cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wally has to find MM. Invisibility and the ability to change shape would make that impossible.

Wally claimed he could stop Superman cold when he was being chased, but didn't because it would mess up the environment..

In a battle, a speed steal should be near instant, considering he's starting out with greater speed.

Also, there's a feat of Wally seeing through invisibility by moving at near light speeds, which somehow alters his perceptions.. (Which makes sense, since he'd be blind at light+ speeds otherwise..)

cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lightyeargee
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by cdtm
Wally claimed he could stop Superman cold when he was being chased, but didn't because it would mess up the environment..

In a battle, a speed steal should be near instant, considering he's starting out with greater speed.

Also, there's a feat of Wally seeing through invisibility by moving at near light speeds, which somehow alters his perceptions.. (Which makes sense, since he'd be blind at light+ speeds otherwise..)
The question is, has Wally ever stolen the speed of a being in complete control of thier own molecules. Which is all Wally is doing. Slowing down molecules.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2010 02:58 PM