Solomon the Monitor vs Darkseid

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Omega Vision
Scenario One- Post Crisis Darkseid
Scenario Two- Pre Crisis Darkseid

TheTyrant
Solomon
Darkseid

It was clear that Solomon was able to defeat herald level characters with much more ease than post Seid.

Galan007
Solomon (though I think it'd be very close)
Darkseid

I would also like to add that one of my personal highlights of the Countdown series was seeing Solomon outsmart Darkseid, and essentially beat him at his own game. Dat wuz wyn!!11!! duryes

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Galan007

I would also like to add that one of my personal highlights of the Countdown series was seeing Solomon outsmart Darkseid, and essentially beat him at his own game. Dat wuz wyn!!11!! duryes
When did that happen? I haven't read that horrible series in a while now.

Galan007
Between Countdown 9-1, iirc. Solomon is the one who planted certain 'seeds' that eventually blossomed into Darkseid's defeat.

Prep-Man
What did Solomon actually do>

TheTyrant
Wait, which Monitor was Solomon again? Was he the one that was 'helping' the heroes or the one that killed Joker's daughter?

Omega Vision
Between Countdown 9-1, iirc. Solomon is the one who planted certain 'seeds' that eventually blossomed into Darkseid's defeat.
Sounds bogus to me. Are you telling me that Solomon was behind the Source sending Orion to kill Darkseid?

Also Solomon never did manage to become the Prime Monitor.

-K-M-
Originally posted by TheTyrant
Wait, which Monitor was Solomon again? Was he the one that was 'helping' the heroes or the one that killed Joker's daughter?

He became Mandrakk II in Final Crisis

Omega Vision
Originally posted by -K-M-
He became Mandrakk II in Final Crisis
That was Rox Ogama.

-K-M-
Originally posted by Omega Vision
That was Rox Ogama.

Whoops yeah your right,

Galan007
Sounds bogus to me. Are you telling me that Solomon was behind the Source sending Orion to kill Darkseid?

Also Solomon never did manage to become the Prime Monitor. Solomon is the one who told the heroes about the Soul Battery within Jimmy Olsen. That 'seed' is what made the heroes send Atom into Jimmy to search for, remove, and destroy the Battery.

This a.) prevented Darkseid from achieving omnipotence, and b.) allowed Orion to 'kill' him (which, as we would see soon after, is what initiated Darkseid's 'multiverse-busting' fall in FC.)

Omega Vision
Solomon is the one who told the heroes about the Soul Battery within Jimmy Olsen. That 'seed' is what made the heroes send Atom into Jimmy to search for, remove, and destroy the Battery.

This a.) prevented Darkseid from achieving omnipotence, and b.) allowed Orion to 'kill' him (which, as we would see soon after, is what initiated Darkseid's 'multiverse-busting' fall in FC.)
Where was Solomon during Final Crisis?

Shitting his pants, that's where. uhuh

Galan007
Where was Solomon during Final Crisis? He was plotting. Obviously.

Srsly though I wondered the exact same thing while reading FC. After Darkseid's 'death', Solomon returned to the multiversal nexus with the rest of his brethren, and hasn't been seen since. I guess there just hasn't been a need for him since Countdown... But I'm sure we'll see him again.

Omega Vision
He was plotting. Obviously.

Srsly though I wondered the exact same thing while reading FC. After Darkseid's 'death', Solomon returned to the multiversal nexus with the rest of his brethren. I'm sure we'll see him again.
I'm pretty sure we won't. All the Monitors except for Nix (who was made into a human) were reabsorbed into the Primal Monitor at the end of FC. As Nix said the Final Crisis was the crisis of the Monitors.

Galan007
I'm pretty sure we won't. All the Monitors except for Nix (who was made into a human) were reabsorbed into the Primal Monitor at the end of FC. As Nix said the Final Crisis was the crisis of the Monitors. I don't think so. All Nix decreed was that Monitors were not to have any further contact with the germ world:
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1451/monitors1.th.jpg

The actual race of Monitors, the orrery of worlds, etc. seemed to be intact. Hell, the 'head Monitor' even invited Nix to rejoin the circle of Monitors (an offer Nix obviously refused.)

Bentley
Where was Solomon during Final Crisis?

Writting it wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.