Cross Genre Voting Thread #10

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Omega Vision
Instead of a poll there will be a new voting system this time around: open ballot voting.

State your vote and give a brief (or detailed if you wish) reason why you think it's a good match. Don't even try voting more than once. Also I'll be looking for sock votes so don't even try it.

Voting ends at noon (central) on Tuesday or when one nomination attains ten votes.

Here are the options:

Dante Sparda, from the "DMC" series vs. The Demon, Etrigan

General Grievous, from "Star Wars" vs. Wolverine & Sabretooth

Yoruichi Shihoin, from "Bleach" vs. Cheetah (Minerva)

Ben Tennyson (current), from "Ben 10" vs. Super Skrull

Glory, the Beast, Jasmine, Marcus Hamilton & Illyria, from "The Buffy-verse" vs. Cyclops, Storm, Wolverine, Colossus, Gambit & Jean

I vote for Yoruichi vs Cheetah. My reasoning is that Yoruichi has some decent strength and speed feats as well as plenty of skill and a few other powers to make it a competitive fight against a powerhouse like Cheetah. Also they both have a feline angle.

Lord_Talron
i second yoruichi vs cheetah. yoruichi is rather impressive speedwise and has the the ability to expend massive amounts of reiatsu in order to make her incredibly formidable at melee. i think shed make a great match for cheetah and possibly match her in speed

illadelph12
For fanfare sake, I vote for my idea, General Grievous Vs. Wolverine and Sabertooth. Reasoning being that all 3 are characters that the general population of KMC know very well, there are a large contingent of fans for Star Wars as well as X-men, and it seems to be the most readily accessible choice, so that's my official vote.

Unofficially, I'm a fan of Buffy and Angel, so the Buffyverse characters vs. The X-Men intrigues me more, but I'm fairly certain that not enough people on the forum have watched Buffy and/or Angel to know who those characters are or what they're capable of. I'm also a little disappointed that Caleb (Nathan Fillion's character in Season 7 of Buffy) wasn't on the Buffyverse roster.

marwash22
Originally posted by illadelph12
Unofficially, I'm a fan of Buffy and Angel, so the Buffyverse characters vs. The X-Men intrigues me more, but I'm fairly certain that not enough people on the forum have watched Buffy and/or Angel to know who those characters are or what they're capable of. i think you and me are among the very few Buffy-verse fans. Originally posted by illadelph12
I'm also a little disappointed that Caleb (Nathan Fillion's character in Season 7 of Buffy) wasn't on the Buffyverse roster.

Originally, i had Caleb, Angel, Spike, Buffy and Faith apart of the match but i figured the god-like character's were enough to tangle with the x-Men included. if i had added more, i think it would have gotten cluttered.

TheTyrant
Dante vs Etrigan
-----------------
Dante is a class 100 (he could support/hold the Savior with two hands without struggle - DMC 4) and is fast enough to react to lightning (Trish's blasts - original DMC)... And he can do those without using his Devil Trigger thing. Plus, he's a half demon kinda like Etrigan.

Black bolt z
For fanfare sake, I vote for my idea, General Grievous Vs. Wolverine and Sabertooth. Reasoning being that all 3 are characters that the general population of KMC know very well, there are a large contingent of fans for Star Wars as well as X-men, and it seems to be the most readily accessible choice, so that's my official vote.

Unofficially, I'm a fan of Buffy and Angel, so the Buffyverse characters vs. The X-Men intrigues me more, but I'm fairly certain that not enough people on the forum have watched Buffy and/or Angel to know who those characters are or what they're capable of. I'm also a little disappointed that Caleb (Nathan Fillion's character in Season 7 of Buffy) wasn't on the Buffyverse roster. I have to disagree with you on that.I really don't see grevious having any chance at winning.They can take a few hits from a lightsaber,he has no force,and either could potentially and easily one shot him.

Nod ben 10 vs. Super skrull.

xmarksthespot
Yoruichi vs Cheetah.

I think they're comparable in terms of overall abilities.

chomperx9
Ben vs Skrull

psycho gundam
can't we have all 4?

democracy strikes again

marwash22
Now that i really think about it, the Ben vs. SS matchup is a rapestomp in favor of Ben. He has an alien (Way Big) strong enough to wipe out city-blocks with a punch and another (Big Chill) who creates ice so cold that it turns into fire.

TheTyrant
Are "Way Big" and "Big Chill" the actual names?

marwash22
Originally posted by TheTyrant
Are "Way Big" and "Big Chill" the actual names? lol. Yes, yes they are. They have actual alien names, but Ben gives each a nickname.

marwash22
I'll give my vote to Yoruichi vs. Cheetah. Even though i think Grimmjow would have been a better match, I think Yoruichi has enough speed and ability to make it good.

amnesia
^ i disagree, cheetah is awfully underrated. Mid heralds>>All bleach characters except Aizen.

Astner

The only one where there would be a serious argument.

Bentley
Starwars vs Weapon X

Omega Vision
Originally posted by marwash22
Now that i really think about it, the Ben vs. SS matchup is a rapestomp in favor of Ben. He has an alien (Way Big) strong enough to wipe out city-blocks with a punch and another (Big Chill) who creates ice so cold that it turns into fire.
It's not like he can use all of his alien powers at once though. That's a major disadvantage against SS.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Bentley
Starwars vs Weapon X What does that mean?

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Black bolt z
What does that mean?

General Grievous (Star Wars) vs Wolverine and Sabretooth (Weapon X)

You see, Greivous hails from the Star Wars Universe, and Wolverine and Sabretooth were both a part of Weapon X so you could just say Star Wars vs Weapon X.

marwash22
^ It would seem as if most believe that a lightsaber wouldn't cut through adamantium... this brings to question, why was a spite thread allowed to make it this far?

Charlotte DeBel
Dante Sparda, from the "DMC" series vs. The Demon, Etrigan
==========
What did you expect?

marwash22
^ nice sig.

Omega Vision
Current votes:
Yoruichi vs Cheetah-5
Ben 10 vs Super-Skrull-2
Grievous vs Sabes and Wolverine-2
Dante (Sparda) vs Etrigan-2
Buffyverse vs X-Men-0

Charlotte DeBel
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Current votes:
Yoruichi vs Cheetah-5
Ben 10 vs Super-Skrull-2
Dante (Sparda) vs Etrigan-2
Buffyverse vs X-Men-0

It was TWO votes for Dante vs Etrigan matchup. In fact, Etrigan, being a DC char, has more than enough strength feats, however, Dante has speed going for him. If it's "composite" Dante from DMC3-1-4 (not counting 2 since it's 20+years in the future), I can have sort of the battlezone with anyone who wishes to represent Etrigan against me. I badly need to make grand reentrance as top tier battlezone debator.

Wei Phoenix
Etrigan vs Dante

Reason: The White Queen of KMC believes it's a good idea and she wants to reestablish herself as one of KMC's top battlezone debater.

Wei Phoenix
^ It would seem as if most believe that a lightsaber wouldn't cut through adamantium... this brings to question, why was a spite thread allowed to make it this far?

Just because it can't cut through adamantium that doesn't mean that it doesn't hurt. If you make the rule that it can cut through adamantium then do you not see that as spite since it'll only take one slice and there goes a limb? Besides, this isn't adamantium Sabretooth as far as I know and maybe Grievous has some high feats in the EU which has been stated as canon here.

marwash22
Well, if it would be spite either way, it's a bad match-up. SW characters have had trouble cutting through certain materials and as it stands, most people think...

Adamantium >>>>>>>>>>>> anything in the SWU.

If that's the case, wth is Grievous gonna do to Logan? A few superficial burns ain't gonna stop Logan from decap'n the General.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
General Grievous (Star Wars) vs Wolverine and Sabretooth (Weapon X)

You see, Greivous hails from the Star Wars Universe, and Wolverine and Sabretooth were both a part of Weapon X so you could just say Star Wars vs Weapon X. KOriginally posted by marwash22
^ It would seem as if most believe that a lightsaber wouldn't cut through adamantium... this brings to question, why was a spite thread allowed to make it this far? I feel its a near stomp in favor of weapon x

Etna
I vote for Yoruichi vs Cheetah for the same reasons this gentlemen has

Originally posted by Astner

The only one where there would be a serious argument.

amnesia
guess i vote cheetah vs yoruichi then. Due to being the only one which isn't stupid.

illadelph12
Smh...

Am I the only person rational enough to think:

"Hey, since the debate over whether a light saber can cut through adamantium is still up in the air, how about we make it Bone Claw Wolverine rather than Adamantium Wolverine?"

God damn guys... facepalm

marwash22
Smh...

Am I the only person rational enough to think:

"Hey, since the debate over whether a light saber can cut through adamantium is still up in the air, how about we make it Bone Claw Wolverine rather than Adamantium Wolverine?"

God damn guys... facepalm that would have been a nice suggestion... back in the nominations thread mad

Lord_Talron
lol, win.

Omega Vision
that would have been a nice suggestion... back in the nominations thread mad
Eh if it wins I'll just make it bone-claw Wolverine. No fuss.

Black bolt z
I'm sorry I just don't see it being a good match.

With adamantium they win with ease and without grevious can cut them apart with them getting near him.

Lord_Talron
which is way more arguable than adamantium

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Lord_Talron
which is way more arguable than adamantium What?

Lord_Talron
that they can get past his lightsabers

Black bolt z
that they can get past his lightsabers But if they have bone can't grevious just do his four lightsaber spin thing?They'd have trouble getting past that.

Lord_Talron
yes but you can easily argue that both ways, making it a good thread.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Black bolt z
But if they have bone can't grevious just do his four lightsaber spin thing?They'd have trouble getting past that.
Good thing they both still have superhuman agility and HF.

Black bolt z
yes but you can easily argue that both ways, making it a good thread. Argue what both ways?And if they do make it through I can see him hitting them away before they do any major damage.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Good thing they both still have superhuman agility and HF. Look below for the fast.

And about the HF if its just bone claw then a lightsaber could cut through it with ease.Fast cutting and lots of it.

byrdgang21
I vote Ben 10 vs. Super Skrull.

Ben may have some really powerful aliens in his watch but he can only use 1 power set at a time and he is still inexperienced compared to SS. SS is more ruthless than so it should make for a good fight.

Creshosk
Etrigan vs Dante

Reason: The White Queen of KMC believes it's a good idea and she wants to reestablish herself as one of KMC's top battlezone debater.

illadelph12
that would have been a nice suggestion... back in the nominations thread mad

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w313/illadelph12_prime/Stone_Cold_Stunner.gif

Omega Vision
Current votes:
Yoruichi vs Cheetah-7
Ben 10 vs Super-Skrull-3
Dante (Sparda) vs Etrigan-4
Buffyverse vs X-Men-0

marwash22
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w313/illadelph12_prime/Stone_Cold_Stunner.gif http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/33ddnqr.gif

jalek moye
Etrigan vs Dante

Charlotte DeBel
Guys, face it. Last two threads in cross genre were the unworthy substitution for the battle of the week. Vote for the show, vote for the Great Whitehaireness!

Omega Vision
Right. Winner is Yoruichi vs Cheetah. Runner up is Dante vs Etrigan.

Lord_Talron
yahoo!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.