Is Plastic surgery a good idea for ugly people?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Futureshock
Should ugly people and people with ginger hair be en automatic cosmetic surgery at maturity. I say hell yes! What do my fellow members think?

Robtard
Unless you're correcting some disfigurement, I'd say no, not a good idea.

Futureshock
Originally posted by Robtard
Unless you're correcting some disfigurement, I'd say no, not a good idea.

Right off to bed on that note, have a good one.

Bardock42
If they want to they should.

Being pretty can be an immense asset in our society, too.

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Futureshock
Should ugly people and people with ginger hair be en automatic cosmetic surgery at maturity. I say hell yes! What do my fellow members think? It would make them more pleasant to look at, however their children would still be ugly and/or ginger. What we should instead of making them more appealing is make them less appealing... or castrate them, putting an end to the horror once and for all. hmm

LLLLLink
They should just remember that "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" so they don't get their feelings hurt when someone comments about it.

Bardock42
Originally posted by LLLLLink
They should just remember that "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" so they don't get their feelings hurt when someone comments about it.

And and they should also remember that "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" when they starve under a bridge cause someone prettier got a job they were applying to.

Robtard
Na, I've worked with plenty of ugly people.

Bardock42
Na, I've worked with plenty of ugly people.

And so have they

Robtard
Originally posted by Bardock42
And so have they

Oooooo, I see what you did there.

Bardock42
Oooooo, I see what you did there.

Yeah, 'twas a mad dis.

LLLLLink
And and they should also remember that "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" when they starve under a bridge cause someone prettier got a job they were applying to.

Laughter is the best medicine. no expression I should know, I'm in that group.

Bardock42
Laughter is the best medicine. no expression I should know, I'm in that group.

Well, if you ever choose to leave that group I'll support you.

Robtard

By laughing at him?

Tired-Hiker

Not necessarily the case. I read a study recently that the best person qualified for the job usually gets it. Most qualifiers for most jobs are ugly. Of course if it's a job at the Hard Rock Hotel's poolside bar in Las Vegas, then they are going to hire the hottest person with the tightest body, as long as they have some math skills, such as basic addition and subtraction knowledge.

Symmetric Chaos

That's a myth. I checked and there was just an organ the produces an anti-magic cone.

rimshot

Lord Lucien
Yes. For non-ugly people anyway. It's unpleasant to see ugly people.

ADarksideJedi
No it is alot of money and it is not nature but if I had the money I would consider it.

LLLLLink

The ugly group? Too 'fraid of Micheal Jackson horror.

Omega Vision
Reminds me of the Twilight Zone episode where the entire world's population was given surgery to make them look like one of a dozen or so different templates. Creepy stuff.

sammer071
Plastic surgery is good idea for the ugly people but it must be performed with the well known surgeon and advance technology must be used otherwise it will even worse your skin.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Tired-Hiker
Not necessarily the case. I read a study recently that the best person qualified for the job usually gets it. Most qualifiers for most jobs are ugly. Of course if it's a job at the Hard Rock Hotel's poolside bar in Las Vegas, then they are going to hire the hottest person with the tightest body, as long as they have some math skills, such as basic addition and subtraction knowledge.

Odd because I've read just the opposite: the "handsome" person gets the job more frequently (statistically significant) than an ugly person with the same qualifications.

*google searches and uses the first link found*

http://scienceblog.com/cms/who-knew-good-looking-people-get-better-jobs-14974.html

King Castle
personally fixing the appearance through surgery doesnt fix the problem of having the genes that caused the unattractive qualities and will still be passed on.

if some one wants to get surgery its fine with me... i just think its sad if its based on low self esteem.

plus if it was up to me everyone would be attractive and it would be genetic.hitler

Tired-Hiker
Originally posted by dadudemon
Odd because I've read just the opposite: the "handsome" person gets the job more frequently (statistically significant) than an ugly person with the same qualifications.

*google searches and uses the first link found*

http://scienceblog.com/cms/who-knew-good-looking-people-get-better-jobs-14974.html

Hmm, that is odd. Oh well.

majid86
Maybe or maybe not?
It depends on how vain the person is.

dadudemon
I saw a vid and saw this thread.

Who needs plastic surgery when you have this?

YP31r70_QNM

Symmetric Chaos

YP31r70_QNM

Some people have to interact in real time.

The Dark Cloud

Another reason unions are a good thing

inimalist
Originally posted by The Dark Cloud

right, because union members are not subject to the same psychological processes as non-union members.

Its like blue collar immunity or something, I read it in a science book.

Bardock42
Originally posted by The Dark Cloud

I agree that Unions are a good thing...I don't think they help in this case though.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Some people have to interact in real time.

For everything else, there's mastercard....

Wait....

I mean CS5. big grin

Peach

YP31r70_QNM

The fact that everything is Photoshopped to death is annoying, but I was mostly struck by the poor job that they did on those images he was editing in that video. There's editing, and there's editing so it doesn't look plastic. He was not doing the latter.

RE: Blaxican
What annoyed me the most about that was that the woman he was editing was already in great shape and looked beautiful. Not back unrealistic standards.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Peach
The fact that everything is Photoshopped to death is annoying, but I was mostly struck by the poor job that they did on those images he was editing in that video. There's editing, and there's editing so it doesn't look plastic. He was not doing the latter.

I agree. Of course, you would know better than most due to your education and skills, but even my amateurish eyes saw that he was "airbrushing" it to what I like to call "porcelin" dull plastic look.

I posted the vid, not to showcase that guy's 30 minute haphazard shopping and interview with her, but to make a point about the ideas of plastic surgery. I personally believe that there is a link between this photsopping we see of our celebs and our obession with cosmetic surgeries. Even if a little, I think there is a connection between the two.

Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
What annoyed me the most about that was that the woman he was editing was already in great shape and looked beautiful. Not back unrealistic standards.

I agree, she looked great and was in great shape.

Peach
I agree. Of course, you would know better than most due to your education and skills, but even my amateurish eyes saw that he was "airbrushing" it to what I like to call "porcelin" dull plastic look.

I posted the vid, not to showcase that guy's 30 minute haphazard shopping and interview with her, but to make a point about the ideas of plastic surgery. I personally believe that there is a link between this photsopping we see of our celebs and our obession with cosmetic surgeries. Even if a little, I think there is a connection between the two.

I agree, she looked great and was in great shape.

Hah, I'm entirely self-taught with Photoshop. Nine years of use will do that stick out tongue But yes, there are ways to use it to retouch while still looking realistic. It's called not over-smoothing the natural texture of skin.

(also noticed that the guy in the video is clearly not much of a photographer, and Photoshop can only do so much when the photograph itself isn't very good)

And yes, I definitely agree that there's a connection between the fact that just about every photo published has been over-retouched and an obsession with plastic surgery and looking 'perfect'. However, no one is perfect - not even celebrities on TV - and it's ridiculous to expect this sort of unrealistic perfection and beauty that doesn't actually exist outside of a computer.

Whirlysocktroll
Originally posted by Peach
Hah, I'm entirely self-taught with Photoshop. Nine years of use will do that stick out tongue But yes, there are ways to use it to retouch while still looking realistic. It's called not over-smoothing the natural texture of skin.

(also noticed that the guy in the video is clearly not much of a photographer, and Photoshop can only do so much when the photograph itself isn't very good)

And yes, I definitely agree that there's a connection between the fact that just about every photo published has been over-retouched and an obsession with plastic surgery and looking 'perfect'. However, no one is perfect - not even celebrities on TV - and it's ridiculous to expect this sort of unrealistic perfection and beauty that doesn't actually exist outside of a computer.

Dentistry and contacts :-)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.