Muhammad Ali vs. Monroe Hutchen

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Martin
Both men were on top in their respective organizations but were doubted upon when they had to go up against stronger opponents. In the end, these two men stood above their opponents after two well fought matches. Who wins this fight? Standard boxing rules apply.

Combatants
*Muhammad Ali (Will Smith/Ali)
*Monroe Hutchen (Wesley Snipes/Undisputed)

Lestov16
Did you just recently watch Undisputed on AMC also?

But I believe I'll give it to Ali

Darth Martin
I wasn't aware that it came on tv. I bought the dvd this summer.

Lestov16
Originally posted by Darth Martin
I wasn't aware that it came on tv. I bought the dvd this summer.

It's one of my all-time favorites

Rogue Jedi
It was shit.

Lestov16
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
It was shit.

Why is it that there is very little that me and you agree on?

Rogue Jedi
2 and 3 were good though.

Lestov16
2 and 3 were good though.

You liked the sequels better than the original?

Rogue Jedi
In this case, yes. In general? No.

BruceSkywalker
Smith wins, he pays his taxes and is in the running for T'Challa big grin

Lestov16
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Smith wins, he pays his taxes and is in the running for T'Challa big grin

Who the hell are you talking about?

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Lestov16
Who the hell are you talking about?

Will Smith's Ali, having some fun as well

Darth Martin
2 and 3 were good though. Haven't seen the third one as my copy didn't work but the original is miles ahead of the second installment.

Rogue Jedi
Matter of opinion.

RE: Blaxican
The fact that 2 had MJW in it makes it superior. Wesley Snipes sucks.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
The fact that 2 had MJW in it makes it superior. Wesley Snipes sucks. Agreed, with the exception of the Blade movies and White men can't jump.

Lestov16
The fact that 2 had MJW in it makes it superior. Wesley Snipes sucks.

Matter of opinion.

Darth Martin
The fact that 2 had MJW in it makes it superior. Wesley Snipes sucks. MJW is uberness on earth as we all know, but even he couldn't save the second film. Him and Scott Adkins do some cool things in the ring but all of the fights were predictable. The altercations between Rhames and Snipes are much better than the ones between White and Adkins.

White would probably beat the shit out of Snipes but that doesn't make him a better actor. And we all know the acting of Adkins doesn't come close to approaching that of Rhames. Plus, there was the Peter Faulk mob boss character who was well done. Alot better than the cripple in Undisputed 2.

Undisputed>>>>Undisputed 2.

Rogue Jedi
I remember the way Uri's leg looked after MJW ****ed it up...... *shudders*

Darth Martin
That fight was lame as hell. MJW dominated the match, after just learning mixed martial arts tactics, against a guy who up until then was potrayed as a utter badass inside the ring with unparralleled skill in his department.

The fight between Snipes and Rhames however....... smokin'

Rogue Jedi
Lame.

Darth Martin
Correct, lame. The first fight was getting good but was broken up over some damn poison. The second fight was unrealistic and ended too quickly. You knew MJW was going to win, and easily at that. Which is inconsistent because up until they both got in the ring Adkins was a BEAST but then has to bow before MJW(who is a stranger to MMA) and later dominates after JUST LEARNING.

Not a very good film at all despite it having two uber badasses in it. The orignal film on the other hand had two badasses but were smart thanks to a far superior script. A more than solid film Undisputed is.

Rogue Jedi
Balboa versus Creed was far better.

Darth Martin
Haven't seen any of the Rocky films. And I was just talking Undisputed 1 & 2. Is 3 any good?

Rogue Jedi
facepalm

Riot-Gear
Ali has 5-6 inches in height on Hutchen. I'd imagine a similar advantage in reach and close to 50lbs in weight.

To add to the problems Monroe faces Muhammad is predominantly an out side fighter. Who is smart enough to use his reach, weight, and height to his advantage.

He ( Ali ) is by and large the superior tactician. However considering how well rounded Hutchen was as a fighter, including the ability to switch back and forth between leading with his right and left hand. As well as Monroe's calm demeanor it unlikely that Ali will get a bead on his strategy or psych him out.

The next issue for Ali is Monroe's speed. This incarnation ( not the real one ) is slower then Hutchen especially when it comes to throwing combos and counter punches. Monroe is also faster on his feet. Remember we are talking about a guy who scored a Flawless victory a the beginning of his movie. The guy didn't hit him once.

That said Monroe showed far more comfort and skill on the inside. Which is right where a shorter fighter wants to be against a taller opponent as it doesn't allow said opponent ( who's arms are longer ) to throw punches properly.

Soak also favors Hutchen. As impressive as the rope a dope was. Undisputed had movie boxing, where the fighters traded more blows in 3 rounds then are traded in the entirety of most real fights. It was also obvious that Ali felt shots. Where as Monroe absorbed multiple shots with little reaction.

While we never saw Monroe pushed the way we did Muhammad. Hutchen showed no signs that fighting several rounds was even slowing him down. Where as Ali was shown to get winded especially if hit repeatedly.

I figure this fight would go the distance, but that Monroe would win a split decision. After counter punching to the inside early and working Ali's chest. Winding him and setting the pace from their. However it's gonna be a close fight and if Muhammad can keep Hutchen on the outside he'd be able to dominate the points and maybe even force a TKO, but given Monroe's superior speed I don't like Ali's chances of doing so.

All in all good match up, but I'd give Monroe the slim edge.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Riot-Gear
While we never saw Monroe pushed the way we did Muhammad. The Chamber-Hutchen fight was similar to the Foreman-Ali fight.

Riot-Gear
Originally posted by Darth Martin
The Chamber-Hutchen fight was similar to the Foreman-Ali fight.

The Chambers-Hutchens fight ended in 3 rounds, Hutchens fight that opened the movie did make it through the first round. The flash back fight was the longest we saw at 7 rounds. Ali on the other hand had multiple fights that went the distance or close their to. So we never saw Monroe's stamina tested the way we saw Muhammad's.

Kaibs
Ali takes it man. It's kind of weird to even debate it since Ali is well you know... real.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.