Battlefield 3

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
EA Announces Battlefield 3 in Medal of Honor Promo

In a double announcement/promotion package, Electronic Arts and DICE revealed today that Battlefield 3 is in development and the ticket to the game's beta is the Medal of Honor Limited Edition.

http://xbox360.gamespy.com/xbox-360/medal-of-honor-2010/1109682p1.html

about time..

love bf2 aka the best of the bf games followed by bf:bc2.

RE: Blaxican
Heck yes. BF2 was sick. Played it more than MW2 tbh.

FistOfThe North
imo bf's always been the better game. i play bf.bc2 way way more than i did mw2.

dice and ea are gonna go all out on this one. and i think they're partly using moh as a test to see what they can do performance-wise and gameplay wise.

Juk3n
THE REAL CoD killer?

P_1pO4lXA7o

real men watch in 720p

Smasandian
Probably not.

Not in sales term.

But this game looks sweet. I'm glad they also added a single-player campaign as well.

Juk3n
ahh well, CoD killer is a personal term, as in , once this hits, i wont be playing CoD anymore so in a sense it's killed CoD for me ^^, but htis does look frickin awsome.

Zack Fair
About time they worked on BF3. Battlefield 2 was great, Bad Companies weren't up to par.

srankmissingnin
I wish my rig could run that beast... it looks better than Crisis 2. sad

Smasandian
Bad Company 2 was a great game. A ton of fun in MP.

Without Bad Company 2, a lot of the advancements in Battlefield 3 would of taken longer to create.

Digi
Despite being, well, not very good at it, I loved BF2. The problem with this game is its release date. It's scheduled for holiday release with about a dozen other high profile titles, and scattered others. Skyrim, Arkham City, possibly 1-2 more depending on when the date drops for a couple other titles, all will be above this on my "to play" list.

I don't have the time to roll off multiple games in short order any more. This one will fall through the cracks. A shame too, I'm sure 'd enjoy it.

Admiral Akbar
I'm getting really annoyed with the whole cod killer sticker being slapped on battlefield 3. The two companies and game styles have co-existed since their birth. Neither of the two will do anything to put the other out of business.

Smasandian
Originally posted by Digi
Despite being, well, not very good at it, I loved BF2. The problem with this game is its release date. It's scheduled for holiday release with about a dozen other high profile titles, and scattered others. Skyrim, Arkham City, possibly 1-2 more depending on when the date drops for a couple other titles, all will be above this on my "to play" list.

I don't have the time to roll off multiple games in short order any more. This one will fall through the cracks. A shame too, I'm sure 'd enjoy it.

I do not think BF3 will fall through the cracks. It's an extremely popular and has a pretty loyal fan base. I feel like this game will do extremely well.

Considering BFBC2 and BF1943 did pretty damn good in sales term, I see this game doing the same.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Digi

I wouldn't worry about it too much, the vast majority of the target audience for BF3 wouldn't recognize Elder Scrolls if it kicked down their door, knocked over their empty beer can collection, pulled their pants up to their waist, took the price tag off their un-curved baseball cap and turned down their collar.

Smasandian
I wouldn't believe that either.

Multiple games can be successful in the winter. Considering both are huge franchises, I'm not worried that either will not do well.

Digi
Originally posted by Smasandian
I do not think BF3 will fall through the cracks. It's an extremely popular and has a pretty loyal fan base. I feel like this game will do extremely well.

Considering BFBC2 and BF1943 did pretty damn good in sales term, I see this game doing the same.

I'm saying it will for me, not for the general public. I don't give two craps what its market share is, I care whether or not I'll get to enjoy it.

wink

Smasandian
Ahh, I see.

Phanteros
2zw8SmsovJc

Gameplay

Digi
After purchasing my new (ludicrously awesome) computer, I may just have to buy this game to justify my rig. Skyrim is the only other PC game in the pipes that I will be buying, and I need excuses to use my newfound gaming muscle.

embarrasment

Also, badass vid.

Looks really ****ing good.

Nemesis X
NDDfPxF3EFE

Smasandian
I only hope that the SP is passable and the MP is not as crazy as Bad Company 2.

Zack Fair
http://www.damnlol.com/pics/895/6b179ead9f517bfa30158e07dd9a62df.gif

We need this as an achievement/trophy !

Kazenji
I only hope that the SP is passable and the MP is not as crazy as Bad Company 2.

At least the SP was more enjoyable in Bad Company 2 then the first one

everytime i played Bad Company 2 MP did'nt seem that crazy for it erm

FistOfThe North
My rig's ready.

yea i just built her. she's got 2 gtx 460's in sli, 6 gigs of ram, a core i7 960 that i plan to overclock to 4.2 ghz, an 850 watt psu and a ftw3 tri sli evga motherboard. Got a 3d moiter too.

can't wait.

Burning thought
I have similiar to above but instead of the 2 gt 460s I havea single 560 but I dont know how to overclock, could probably look it up but tbh until I find a game I have trouble playing I may not bother.

Also, concerning these games. Does anyone have a tip for flying jets? I recall when playing BF2 they were so fast I rarely even bothered picking them up, it seems common pracitce in these games for the aircraft to take some getting used to but jets never got into my head.

FistOfThe North
Oh and i also have a western digital velociraptor hard drive which runs at 10,000 rpm's. I have a total of 1 terabyte on my pc.

But yea what kind of geforce card is it? evga, gigabye, pny, msi, nvidia? Like for example my 460's are evga cards. (1gig each/w external exhaust, too) And i use the evga precision utility to overclack my cards. Your cards' manufacturer's website should have similar utility software, as well.

Zack Fair
This needs to come out NOWz

http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/09/27/battlefield-3-beta-commentary-video?show=HD

Digi
So I already have a group lined up to play this with...

...on the 360.

A bit disappointing. I put together my computer recently specifically for stuff like this game. Oh well. At least I can play Skyrim at max settings. Not a bad consolation prize.

Zack Fair
thumb up

Playing the beat right now. Not to impressed, tbh.

I haven't acclimated to the gameplay though, so I'll withhold judgement.

Smasandian
I don't understand why they thought having the beta map be a small Rush game without vehicles/planes.

Supposedly, the Caspian Sea map with 64 players on Conquest mode is much different and very similar to the previous BF in the series (not Bad Company series).

It's buggy, I'm annoyed that I can't ESC out to options after dying and I'm annoyed by the browser. I think the graphics are amazing though and the gunplay (a sore point for the series since the original) is getting better and better every iteration.

A few things I thought were cool. When you spawn next to somebody, you automatically go into the stance the spawn point person is. For example, if he's crouch then you spawn in crouch. As well, I love how you can choose to be revived and not be revived automatically. I don't know how many times I get killed, revived and then killed again. It was very annoying.

As a BF fan, I'll pick it up because I know I'm going to enjoy the game. Even though it's early, the game is bit less chaotic than BF:BC2, which is a very good thing and it seems that squad tactics might actually matter this time around.

It's a beta but hopefully DICE can straight out the bugs. ****, it's buggy.

Meh, already got bored and reverted back to Gears 3. I'm just not a fan of this hyper realistic shit where you spend half the match respawning unless you camp creep or have non suck ass team mates.

Smasandian
Played Conquest on Caspian Sea.

Pretty damn nifty I must say. It's ****ing gorgeous. I love how lens from guns reflect back. It's a nice way to see those guys from afar.

Still buggy as shit though.

sighs.

Console players getting ****ed for sure. I'd love some Caspian Sea.

Smasandian
You have to know a password to get in. I don't think it's meant to be played for the beta.

A friend of mine told me it but it seems it's only good for a day.

Dled some beta drivers for the game and it's running much better than before. I haven't been kicked back to desktop at all.

After another round, I like this game. It's a better version of other BF games. Guns feel right in my opinion. You can really get some crazy killstreaks if you flank a group just right. I absolutely love the lens reflect on the guns if you have a scope/red dot/laser. You can really see people who are trying to hide.

Worthy of a pickup in my opinion. I'm still annoyed about not allowing mouse buttons to be configurable.

FistOfThe North
Battlefield 3 comparation PC vs. Playstation3 Split Screen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGbo50Ar420

Smasandian
I've seen that before. It's pretty damn funny.

Zack Fair
Beta has almost killed all the hype I had for the game.

Lousy map.

Smasandian
Yeah, it's not very smart to choose that map. Caspian Sea is much better.

I don't mind it. I like how it goes from outdoors, indoors, then outdoors again and I like how you hold up in the apartments at the end.

It is so lulztastically easy to quick scope in this game. I've been running around Metro using my bolt action like it's a shotgun and still managing to keep a 1.0 K/D.

StyleTime
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Beta has almost killed all the hype I had for the game.

Lousy map.
thumb up

FistOfThe North
hopefully the game'll go higher than 30 fps on pc.

yeah it will right? with the right components.

I think it'll run at 30 fps on console. i think thats's what they meant.

while codmw3'll run @ 60 fps.

Smasandian
It runs pretty damn good on my computer and it's 4 years old with a new 560 Ti. I run it on medium but can run it on high if I want too.

Difference between MW3 and BF3, well, BF3 looks better.

Install the beta drivers, it runs much better but you should be able to play the game with high graphics if you have a computer that's 1 year or earlier.

FistOfThe North
It runs pretty damn good on my computer and it's 4 years old with a new 560 Ti. I run it on medium but can run it on high if I want too.

Difference between MW3 and BF3, well, BF3 looks better.

Install the beta drivers, it runs much better but you should be able to play the game with high graphics if you have a computer that's 1 year or earlier.

So you have gone higher than 30 fps on your pc, with bf3?

Smasandian
I never checked but I'm pretty sure.

I could FRAPS it but I highly doubt that a computer wouldn't be able to play this game with an FPS over 30.

I wonder why the 30 fps cap is necessary on consoles. MW3 will run at 60 frames per second, and it's not as if BF3 will have that much more stuff going on in their game. BF3 will have a 24 player cap in all their matches, which is the same as in CoD. Both games will have jets and helicopters and shit flying around the map at all times, as well.

Smasandian
The Frostbite 2 engine is much more advanced and does a lot more than whatever engine MW3 uses. The physics in BF3 are a reason why you would see a difference in FPS.

I misunderstood FistOfTheNorth, I thought you meant "would a computer be able to get more than 30FPS in BF3". I've never seen a PC game have a limiter on FPS. There's no reason for it. I think they're might be a few games that limit a game to 60 FPS (I think CoD does, not too sure).

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
I wonder why the 30 fps cap is necessary on consoles. MW3 will run at 60 frames per second, and it's not as if BF3 will have that much more stuff going on in their game. BF3 will have a 24 player cap in all their matches, which is the same as in CoD. Both games will have jets and helicopters and shit flying around the map at all times, as well.

The things in bf3 like scaling, draw distance, dynamic light and destructible environments wouldn't work out running at 60 fps on consoles. one of the main reasons cod pulls it off is because of it's static environments and the lack of a vast draw distance.

Smasandian
Yeah, pretty much.

The game also looks much better than CoD.

On PC, maybe. It looks like shit on the 360. Doesn't run nearly as well either. It runs like Medal of Honor did, and that game was awful.

After dumping a few hours into the game, I don't think I'm going to buy it. If I had a PC I might, because it's incredibly obvious that the game was designed for PC's (which is a good thing, too many games are ported from consoles these days). As I don't have a PC that can play it, however, there's no point imo for getting a game that's going to look like and play like crap.

Zack Fair
And you reach this conclusion based on a map with no vehicles?

What do vehicles have to do with what I said?

Zack Fair
Gameplay.

Get to watch half the team that's not sniping fight over the vehicles... yes, all the old Battlefield memories are rushing back. no expression

edit- On a lighter note, I just went 43 and 10 on the defending team, using only the LMG. It's amazing how stupid people are in this game.

Gecko4lif
If you played world at war you know the huge difference between a tank map and a no tank map

Namely tank noobs vs skill

I've been playing Battlefield since 1942. The good old days when I had a decent comp. Brings back memories.

Smasandian
I agree with your assessment. I have a PC that can play it and it's great to find a game that is designed for the PC (DICE have stated this).

I think that's a smart move because I think if they ported BF3 to the PC, they would upset pretty much all their fan base. People have been waiting for this game for years and while BF:BC2 was a good game, it's different enough.

Zack Fair
It is nice to see the PC getting some love.

Smasandian
It's been getting love for some while.

Steam helped PC gaming immensely. Most major releases are PC as well, which is a far cry from a few years ago when that was not the case.

Zack Fair
Needs more love.

A few years ago PC gaming was

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_VSrnkiWaqSQ/TMeo6rmzmYI/AAAAAAAAAZs/NPP-E60sRAI/s1600/Forever+Alone+Wilson.jpg

Smasandian
Nah, there's a ton of games coming out on the PC.

The idea behind exclusivity is over, or should be over at least. If developers can create a game and release on all 5 consoles (including PC) and make sure they work on all 5, that would be pretty damn cool.

A few years ago, the PC crowd rarely even got ports, or they were shitty ports. Now, the PC ports is actually turning out pretty damn good.

Smasandian
I've been getting into the game more.

I'm starting to really like it. The sound design in this game is excellent. It takes BF:BC2 craziness and tones it down a bit. It feels much more tactical than the other series.

It's just something about it. But like all BF games, you can have a few dud games and some ****ing awesome games.

Digi
Are we still talking about the beta? I thought this game wasn't out for a few weeks.

Smasandian
Yep, the beta. Comes out on the 25th.

Digi
All the beta-tards will be better than me when the game launches. And I generally don't have the time to quickly learn the game to the extent of being at a competitive level.

This is the problem with me and shooters. I can and have been competitive at any level in particular shooter games. But not often, and much less frequently in the last couple years as I've had more RL responsibility. It's why my gaming tendencies have taken me further away from shooters and PvP multiplayer in general (co-op is still awesome). To be consistently good in a multiplayer setting requires a level of dedication I generally can't commit to.

My guess is that I'll be getting my ass whupped left and right in this until I decide to stop playing. Still, I'll try. And Skyrim is my "f*** you guys, I'm playing alone" prize if this is too frustrating.

Oh c'mon, that's no excuse. I work five days a week from 8-4 and go to school from 5-9:30, than I chase girls all weekend. In that 30 minute period between 10 and my bedtime at 10:30, I top the leaderboards in Gears 3 and BF3. raver

The truth is that you're just old, Digi. Your reflexes are dimming. 313

Smasandian
Good thing about BF3 is that you don't have a shooter god to be good at the game.

It helps but I always find you can get crazy kill streaks by being in the right place and the right time.

Digi
Good thing about BF3 is that you don't have a shooter god to be good at the game.

It helps but I always find you can get crazy kill streaks by being in the right place and the right time.

Which is kind of why I'm still buying BF3. I found that some with BF2 as well. I wouldn't tear sh*t up, but I could find my niche and play well without mastering the game.

Oh c'mon, that's no excuse. I work five days a week from 8-4 and go to school from 5-9:30, than I chase girls all weekend. In that 30 minute period between 10 and my bedtime at 10:30, I top the leaderboards in Gears 3 and BF3. raver

The truth is that you're just old, Digi. Your reflexes are dimming. 313

Dems fightin' words.

no expression

It's never been a reflexes thing. Anymore, it's more of an apathy thing. For example, I enjoyed Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood's multiplayer, but never played except in small chunks. Even now, I'm not level 50 or whatever because it was never important for me to hit that. As such, I never played the insane amounts to master the timing on various abilities that is needed to be truly elite, along with strategies and tendencies of players, but was always competitive and preferred the single player game. I understood what I would need to learn and work on to be at a higher level, just never did that.

Games where that's basically the only appeal (my brother bought me Gears 2, for example) don't entice me. I blew through the single player campaign, then got tired of it after like 10 multiplayer sessions because I could see what I would need to do in order to enjoy the experience and it wasn't worth it. If I invest in a game, I f---ing invest in it. I know everything I need to in order to succeed and I'm usually damn good. But I feel less inclined to do that for every game anymore, or even most games, and fall back on enjoying the story and characters. I want to play BF3, but my struggle is that AC:R, Batman, Mass Effect, Skyrim, are all coming out in the time period that I would need to devote to BF3 to really be good at it. It'll be a great game, I'm just not sure it'll be worth it for me.

Also, only 30 minutes? Lies. crackers

Zack Fair
Will get this game. I don't really care if I'm good or bad. So long as I can kill more than a die.

Only game I am a try hard is Halo.

FistOfThe North
if i didn't have a (high powered) pc and only a console i would not get this game.

that's just me though.

Zack Fair
Glad I ain't you. I know it won't be up there with the PC, but I still like BF a lot and I was waiting for a true BF game.

FistOfThe North
um, there have been other true battlefield games like "BF'42", "BF2" and "BF:BC2"

"BF3" is just the icing on the cake.

Smasandian
Bad Company 2 is kind of the arcade version of the true BF game.

Tons of fun but it was too ****ing crazy sometimes. BF2 had it's moments but it was more of a strategic game where a lot of fights were far away. In BC2, I found I rarely had crazy team play where in BF2, there were times where a group of us would drive are dingy and scale a steep hill and attack a point behind the enemy. A lot more small little fights with groups of people then all out attack.

FistOfThe North
yeah i know that bc2 wasn't really considered "a true battlefield game" in the way bf'42 and bf2 were but it was the best battlefield game since bf2, imo. and were talking what 6 years and 4 battlefield games in between the two (bf2 and bc2, meaning)

I always loved playing bf2 more than i did bc2 but i did play the bf3 beta and man was i hooked. played till i fell sleepy. (beta ended yesterday, though)

gotta love that caspian border stage. lag made the gamplay ash*tty experience some of the time but other than that everything was great. and to my delight i was able to run the game on all ultra settings while getting 60+ fps. and that's under load.

i can't wait until the 25th. i haven't had this much fun with a bf game since 2.

I love that bf3 trailer that ends with "Going above and beyond the call" ha..

a cheap shot but true nontheless, as far as the game itself.

Smasandian
Supposedly the final product online plays much different than the beta.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/10/10/the-beta-and-battlefield-3/#continued

FistOfThe North

Digi
Yeah, see, I'm screwed. Me and my 5 hours a week tops are going to get owned.

no expression

Zack Fair
dx8KUFv95s4

I just wet my pants.

Too bad I won't be able to finish getting my PC up to date so it can run this baby.

FistOfThe North

Too bad I won't be able to finish getting my PC up to date so it can run this baby.

wha'cha got under the hood?, if you don't mind, of course..

The Nuul
dx8KUFv95s4

I just wet my pants.

**** yeah, screw MW forever!

FistOfThe North
na, cod just needs to stop being the same damned game year in and year out.

i liked since cod part one and practically stopped at mw2 in '07 cause i've had enough of the same 'ol sh*t.

same thing with Halo. the begining of three was as far as i went.

i almost gave up on bf because after bf2 it was just all over the place, just being crazy and irrelevant, until bf:bc2 brought me back. then the bf3 beta had me staying.

a friend of mine and i drove to gamestop today to reserve his copy of mw3 and i told him that he should pick up bf3, too and he said, "nah. it looks like it takes alot of work to play..". i then gave him a sympathetic pat on the shoulder and told him that it was ok. the cashier started chuckling.

but i can't wait until tommorow.

Digi
Originally posted by The Nuul
**** yeah, screw MW forever!

**** yeah, reactionary statements based on trailers!

fdog

If I remember correctly, Nuul's been butthurt ever since IW ****ed the PC players out of dedicated servers for Modern Warfare 2.

Smasandian
Reviews are coming in. Most are very good.

Surprisingly, they basically say that the campaign is mediocre with a few great parts to it while the MP is the best they've ever played for a BF game.

It's interesting to see when somebody makes reference to CoD unlocks in a Battlefield game considering Battlefield 2 was the first to have unlockable guns based on ranks.

The Nuul
If I remember correctly, Nuul's been butthurt ever since IW ****ed the PC players out of dedicated servers for Modern Warfare 2.

MW will burn in hell! moarrrrrrrr!!!!! mad

They didnt use lube when the ****ed me over.

Digi
Originally posted by The Nuul
MW will burn in hell! moarrrrrrrr!!!!! mad

They didnt use lube when the ****ed me over.

I'd point out that the blood helps lubricate after a while, but by that point she's you're already passed out, so it doesn't really do much to help.

no expression

Digi
Anyway, we have like 1 or 2 days until this drops. Prolly waiting for weekend. I'm not one of those.

Smasandian
Huh?

Smasandian
Played about 2 hours of it.

I love it. It's a nice balance between BF2 and the Bad Company series. I like how the destructible environments are not completely crazy like BC2 but still make the action feel real.

There was a bit of lag on the server I played and exclusively played Large Conquest. Tried Operation Metro, Tehran Bridge, some dock level, Baazar and Caspian Sea. Each map is a bit different and played really well.

I like it. It's much more tactical than any other modern shooter. It's about being in good position instead of twitch reflexes. As well, grabbing a vehicle with some squad mates and raining hell on infantry is too fun. A few times there were tense battles for objective flags. Just a lot of fun.

Looks amazing as well and sounds really good.

Smasandian
Finished SP. If you like CoD Sp then you will like this.

It's far less crazy as CoD and more similar to the SP in Medal Of Honor but better. The graphics are absolutely ****ing insane. I love the lighting effects and how your visor/eyes get grainy with dirt/blood and rain.

It's something you need to see. It's gorgeous.

I eat kittens
It is quite the sight to behold...

Too bad I can't fully appreciate it, being an X-Box player and all.

erm

Zack Fair
Got it for Xbox yay!

Will get for PC for 15 bucks wooot

The Nuul
I went on to play BC 2 and there are like 40 servers. Geez, I wonder where did they all go to?

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Zack how are you getting this for 15 bucks?

Zack Fair
2 games in and already raping faces. Also...lol i forgot how dangerous newbies can be when they don't know how to pilot a chopper. Boarded this guy's chopper and he just crashed ROFL. How I missed Battlefield.

A friend of mine is into trading items in Team Fortress 2 and he got a dude that wants some rare items my friend has and he offered to trade 2 battlefields. My friend will let me have it for 15

Smasandian
Still pretty damn fun.

I had one little story, I was getting attacked by a tank. He missed like 3-4 times, I hit him with an RPG about 2 times or so. I kept moving back and forth between this huge pillar. I saw on the map that he got out of his tank (he was spotted) and try to kill me by a gun. I killed him and then noticed a guy running towards the tank, I shot at him and missed and then took out my RPG and blew him up after he got into the tank. Somehow I didn't die and got two kills plus all the points for vehicle damage.

Smasandian
Finished the co-op campaign.

I had a blast. I don't know people are blasting it but I had fun. It's not perfect in any means but there's a defense level (which is kind of meh), a commando level where you attack a building with pistols and then jump in humvee's and extract (not the greatest, ****ing annoying at the end), a heli section where one is the driver and the other gunner (ok if you know how to fly). There is a sniper level where you take out terrorists (a lot of fun and tense), and two spec ops missions where two of you have to extract out of office building (cool ending on this one), disarm bombs in a subway (fun) and go after a VIP (pretty cool).

All in all, it's fun. The action is tense, graphics suburb and it's co-opy. It's not MW3 Spec Op missions though. A fun alternative to the campaign and MP. Worth the 2-3 hours.

shinkoryu
What are your specs and can a 5870 max the game out?

Smasandian
q4400 (old quad core CPU)
4 GB's RAM (like 10 bucks now)
Nvidia 560 Ti (good mid range card, newer)

Played SP on High at 1600x1050 and playing MP on Medium (because I want smoothness)

I have no idea if your card can play it on Ultra. But it could definitely played on High with no stuttering. According to benchmarks, only one I looked at, it seems that Ultra with good resolution (1600x1050ish) will give roughly 30-40 FPS.

shinkoryu
Damn i want to try at 1920 x 1080 at ultra.

Looking at the benchmarks to max out this game the requirements are really steep.

Smasandian
Well, it's probably the best looking game out there right now.

You have to expect that you need a pretty beefy system to play it at max setting with high rez.

Zack Fair
Addicted to this game. How I missed the awesome multiplayer.

The Nuul
I want but I dont want to become an addict again... eek! sad

Maybe if Digi gets this for PC then thats a good selling point, cant wait to pwn him. Happy Dance

jinXed by JaNx
great game. Awesome graphics and rewarding gameplay. My only complaint xomes with the SP campaign. Even though the night missions are beautiful they make it quite hard to see the enemies. Wheres the night vision, flashlights or flares? lol

Smasandian
I like the SP but I can understand why the majority of critics did not. It's basically the same story as CoD4.

But damn, was it gorgeous.

The MP is fantastic. It's always different and I don't get the cheap deaths like BC2 (too tight maps). As well, the team aspect is pretty good. It feels really sweet when your squad moves to an objective point and attack it and kill a few guys.

It's much better than any CoD MP.

Zack Fair
Amen

The Nuul
Are there campers and retarted teammates?

Smasandian
There will always be retarded teammates but it's not really bad at all.

If you play conquest, not a lot of campers unless the situation warrants it. There are a few choke points (alleyway point in Great Bazaar level) but there is multiple ways around them.

Some maps are camper heavy like Seine Crossing or Operation Metro but it feels more like a larger struggle for control than annoying. For example, I think it's Flag B in Metro, there 3 sets of stairs to get to the top of the station and you can flank people quite easily or fight your way to the top. It's hard and tense and you will die a few times but it's thrilling when you make it, or when you beat it down.

The maps are much better designed than BC2. They're exciting but not annoying. It will be nice when the Back To Karkand exp pack gets released. Compared to BF2 and BF1942, there isn't a ton of maps (15 to 9) but there a pretty good quality. I think DICE will probably release a few free maps over the course of the game just to keep people playing.

The Nuul
Because BC 2 was full of them.

Zack Fair
Get this FKN game. Now. uhuh

You will not regret it biscuits

IMO this game is by far the best multiplayer shooter of this generation.

Digi
Playing through teh campaign. Holding off on multiplayer until I'm done.

Morridini
The whole old BF2 gang (friends and old clan) are suddenly getting back together thanks to this game, I also got to try it at a friends house, and I must say I simply have to get it sometime soon.

Problem is that I have no idea how well my laptop can handle it...

Smasandian
Even though it's a graphical marvel, it doesn't really tax your system that much.

On Medium, it still looks nice and it's run well.

Some benchmarks state that the game runs smoothly at 40 FPS as well.

It should handle it depending on what other games you can play.

The Nuul
How many of you have the PC version?

The Nuul
Get this FKN game. Now. uhuh

You will not regret it biscuits

IMO this game is by far the best multiplayer shooter of this generation.

But I am scared that I will become addicted again... mad

Morridini
Even though it's a graphical marvel, it doesn't really tax your system that much.

On Medium, it still looks nice and it's run well.

Some benchmarks state that the game runs smoothly at 40 FPS as well.

It should handle it depending on what other games you can play.

My problem is that my laptop is not really a gaming laptop, I have a PS3, 360 and a Wii, so gaming wasn't really what I had in mind for my laptop.

It can however play World of Warcraft on pretty high (or well, lower when in lagghell like IF), and it plays Bad Company 2 on medium.

The Nuul
You can play this one since you can run BC 2 on med but it will not be on high settings. Most will be off, low or med settings.

Use canyourunit.com to check to see if you can run this game. But you can still run it anways, just wont be great and maybe laggy.

Zack Fair
frIZgOVbt3k

The Nuul
The new thing is jet campers now?

Smasandian
Huh?

I'm finding that the maps are larger but still pretty tight. It will be nice once they release Wake Island, Strike at Karkand, Gulf Of Omen (great map) and Mush City.

Digi
frIZgOVbt3k

lmao, that was great. I'm looking forward to annoying people in multiplayer. Mostly my teammates probably, but fun trolling is fun trolling.

Zack Fair
droolio

pIryUlbdlaU#!

Wish I could fly it good enough to get kills and unlock the upgrades.

Unfortunately every time it ends like 1 of the following:

http://aerophilately.net/plncrsh2.gif

http://www.gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs4/1074305_o.gif

http://tugagames.com/victor/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/crash.gif

Smasandian
I don't even try to fly.

I was hoping my 360 controller worked but unfortunately, it's wireless and the charge and play kit doesn't work.

Digi
Wasn't even planning on trying to fly ever.

Campaign is solid, though it dampens the realism when I find noticeable exploits and annoyances. Squad members are very fond of taking the only logical cover, or pushing me out of my cover spot. There's also some disorienting moments where you're being shot and killed while leaving a car, emerging from a manhole, etc. Seems cheap. I've also gotten past a couple of the more intense firefights by just sneaking along a wall that shields me from the MG or whatnot, knowing that my squad is programmed to do the job for me once I reach a certain point. The infinite spawns in some of those same fights also seem jarring from an immersion standpoint. I got past them not when I was on fire with my shooting, but when I picked the right path forward and did nothing but crouch without firing a single bullet.

It's single player, which I realize isn't what it's hanging its hat on, but still.

Plus side is, the intense parts are intense. And when I'm doing my crouch routine avoiding MGs, I imagine that I'm in the old-school American Gladiators tv show, with Gemini shooting the rapid-fire nerf gun from above. Good times.

The Nuul
It seems like the chopper is not longer the best thing in the air.

I was actually getting good at the chopper.

Smasandian
Yeah, chopper's get blown up pretty damn quickly unless everything falls into line. That's only with attack heli's. The transport heli's are almost impossible to use correctly.

I feel they will have the adjust a tad bit. AA guns, Stingers and Jets destroy everything. Granted, if they do that, it makes tanks weaker as well.

Everything else seems well balanced. All four classes have strengths and weaknesses. I like how they put the assault with the medic ability and support people mortars and C4. I also like how recon doesn't have any anti-tank weapon.

Digi, that flying mission was one of the best missions I've played in a shooter. I actually felt like Goose.

The Nuul
I wasnt very good with transport chopper. So jets are the best thing but hardest to use?

Digi
Digi, that flying mission was one of the best missions I've played in a shooter. I actually felt like Goose.

Oh, ok. Agreed, it was good. I didn't say anything about that mission though.

Smasandian
I know.

I'm just saying that I thought that jet mission was awesome.

Zack Fair
I think the game is well balanced but it is so hard to learn how to fly the fkn choppers and jets. It is frustrating. I sort of understand why they made them like that.

They said they will be buffing jets and choppers by giving them more smokes so stingers don't shoot them down so easily.

I don't like how Recon gets nothing to deal with tanks. Although I think they do get a laser targeting for jets and choppers to deal with them.

Morridini
I played the jet a couple of times at my friends place, and I don't know what you talk about. It felt exactly like it did back in BF2, I jumped into the jet, and was flying around just like I did a long time ago with no problems.

I did however note that tanks survive being struck by a jet, so my kamikaze runs (I am supposed to eject before impact, but sometimes I'm a bit slow) seem to have lost its effect.

Smasandian
Yeah, mostly every game has a few people bitching about how BF3 is not BF2 and then saying they want to go to back.

BF2 was released 6 years ago. It's a evolution of the game. There is a bit of BC2 in BF3 but it's not that bad to have some. BF2 was a great game but I always found that I would get games that were really good and games that were just plain boring.

I don't get that with BF3, every game I play is generally pretty exciting.

Zack, it's a good thing for recon to not have anti tank weapons. It would mean that more people play recon and there should be no reason for a class to kill people instantly from far away and allow it to kill tanks. If you get caught near a tank as a recon unit, you should be died.

Zack Fair
I like the laser targeting because you can at least do something about tanks. Im not asking for instant kills. Will have to play more recon to unlock it. I just don't like not being able to do anything about them...yet.

One of my favorite stunts is loading a vehicle with C4s and then crash with it for the awesomeness.

Digi
**** unlocking things. I can already tell you I won't be a fan of that. Rewarding those who are probably already better to begin with.

Smasandian
It's not that much of a problem. Pretty much all the guns are roughly the same in terms of being dominant. It's all about personal tendencies.

I'm glad there isn't any sort of killstreaks. That rewards people who are better but in BF3, it's not really a problem. Especially considering you get most of your points from other things than killing people.

I had like 3000 points with only 2 kills.

Morridini
I'm interested in seeing how a fully unlocked medic (assault now right?) would rank. Back in the BF2 days I could dominate the Scoreboard, with 0 kills just because I was so awesome a healer/reviver.

Smasandian
You can pretty damn successful but other classes are just as versatile. Engineer is very good in close quarters and they can get up to 9-10 rockets for their anti-tanks weapons. Recon can get a huge number of points by head-hotting people from longer distances (you get 100 for the kill, 10 for a headshot plus however long the distance is) so if you get 300 metre kill, you can get 400 points. A few of those and your golden. I like decision to give the assault class a medic ability. In BC2, the assault class I felt was somewhat lame. It was like an all-purpose class without anything useful.

The only issue I have was that I thought BF2 classes were the best. You had clear define roles for each class and I loved playing as the Special Ops class. But the role is worthless without the commander abilities. You have nothing to blow up.

FistOfThe North
Battlefield 3 is EA's fastest selling videogame. Ever.

"Battlefield 3 has become the fastest-selling videogame in EA's history, with ten million units leaving the publisher's distribution centres since last week's release. Half of those were picked up by gamers in the space of a few days."

http://www.reghardware.com/2011/11/01/ battlefield_3_is_eas_fastest_selling_videogame_eve
r/

Zack Fair
http://cdn.randomfunnypicture.com/pictures/1728animated_gif_not_the_father.gif

FistOfThe North
lol.

yeah everyone at EA's hq's were all probably doing that dance over there once they heard the news, i bet.

My god, the recon class sucks. Once you drop the radio beacon there's literally no point in using it.

The only class I ever really play as is the Engineer. I'll play recon long enough to establish a beach-head with radio beacon, and I'll play suppport for defense missions.

Beyond that, engineer is def the best class imo.

KingD19
Recon is awesome simply for the head shots and learning to compensate for bullet drop and stuff. 410 meters is my longest shot to date. Head shotted 2 counter snipers posted up on top of those storage containers on the railroad. I was on the highest part of the aircraft carrier...don't remember the name of the level.

Utrigita
My god, the recon class sucks. Once you drop the radio beacon there's literally no point in using it.

The only class I ever really play as is the Engineer. I'll play recon long enough to establish a beach-head with radio beacon, and I'll play suppport for defense missions.

Beyond that, engineer is def the best class imo.

Nah, I use Recon alot for covering the MCOM from safe distances, and at the same time work as a spawn point. Normally I'll try and sneak a Radio Beacon into a closed position close to the MCOM, then retreat back after planting a motion sensor, and just wait for my squad to spawn and arm while I cover them. I use recon alot, though I admit that I'm ****ed if a tank comes along, but I kinda like that, that no class can take care of everything, a bit like Sniper could in BFBC2.

They seriously need to change the knife though, I simply can't stand the way it works atm with no kill from it in close combat, unless your opponent is below 33% health.

Smasandian
I haven't played Rush at all.

I find Conquest Large the best. 64 person matches are awesome. Recon is useful to rack up kills and deceive the other team. Everybody goes after the snipers in a match even if there is a ton of people around them. I don't know why, but they do.

Each class is important if the game is being played well.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Utrigita
Nah, I use Recon alot for covering the MCOM from safe distances, and at the same time work as a spawn point. Normally I'll try and sneak a Radio Beacon into a closed position close to the MCOM, then retreat back after planting a motion sensor, and just wait for my squad to spawn and arm while I cover them. I use recon alot, though I admit that I'm ****ed if a tank comes along, but I kinda like that, that no class can take care of everything, a bit like Sniper could in BFBC2.

They seriously need to change the knife though, I simply can't stand the way it works atm with no kill from it in close combat, unless your opponent is below 33% health.

Better than commando pro.

Smasandian
It's instant kill if you get behind the guy.

Utrigita
Better than commando pro.

I play in a Clan that detest snipers so I have to show them some positive sides stick out tongue

It's instant kill if you get behind the guy.

Yes that I know, and I like the animation, what I don't like is that if run into a guy and knife him he just won't die, unless your lucky enough to get behind him, which has so far only happened once for me.

Smasandian
Well, it's just not part of the game.

Babajaev
and i dont like the recoil and the fact the weapon jumps like crazy when you shoot,the lags are horrible because every time it takes me a whole clip to kill someone but when someone shoots me it takes him couple of bullets , i also dont like to run miles over miles until i finally reach the enemy after like 2 minutes of running only to get shot by campers who lie down on the ground in some bush the whole freakin game and then run again couple of miles to reach the enemy and repeat

Well, Battlefield has always been a peculiar kind of game in that the gameplay is polarizing; you'll either love it or you'll ****ing hate it and want it to die. Personally I've always been in the latter camp, but I'm trying really hard to make myself like it this time around.

It is hard, though, what with the useless sniper rifles and the fact that this game is completely hinged on teamwork. There's nothing more frusterating than playing like an absolute beast and doing everything right the entire match, and still losing because your team is a bunch of eight-year olds with no mics.

Like the spawning problem you mentioned. My God, I've spent so much time just humping ass from the default spawn point to the enemies side purely because no one ever sets down a ****ing radio beacon, and all the vehicles are gone because as soon as someone sees a transport they hop in it and drive off instead of waiting for people behind him to get in it.

Say what you want about CoD, but at the very least your success isn't entirely dependent on your teammates being at least semi-competent. I honestly have no idea how my match W/L rate is like 4.0

Smasandian
Hmm, I do agree that BF games can be polarizing.

I don't agree that sniper rifles are useless. I do quite well with them.

The PC version, there isn't a spawning issue with 64 people playing. Maybe I had a problem twice and that's because my team controlled none of the points and my squad were all killed.

Basically, if you want BF3 to be like CoD or smaller shootesr, your wasting your time. If you want a game where it's not solely based on shooting somebody in the face and having crazy shit happen then BF3 would be your thing.

Don't get me wrong, I like CoD MP but comparing both games MP is not something you should do.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>