KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Battlefield 3

Battlefield 3
Started by: FistOfThe North

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FistOfThe North

Battlefield 3

EA Announces Battlefield 3 in Medal of Honor Promo

In a double announcement/promotion package, Electronic Arts and DICE revealed today that Battlefield 3 is in development and the ticket to the game's beta is the Medal of Honor Limited Edition.

http://xbox360.gamespy.com/xbox-360.../1109682p1.html

about time..

love bf2 aka the best of the bf games followed by bf:bc2.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2010 04:20 AM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Heck yes. BF2 was sick. Played it more than MW2 tbh.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2010 04:45 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

imo bf's always been the better game. i play bf.bc2 way way more than i did mw2.

dice and ea are gonna go all out on this one. and i think they're partly using moh as a test to see what they can do performance-wise and gameplay wise.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2010 05:27 AM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juk3n
Devils Advocate

THE REAL CoD killer?

real men watch in 720p

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2011 04:12 PM
Juk3n is currently offline Click here to Send Juk3n a Private Message Find more posts by Juk3n Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Probably not.

Not in sales term.

But this game looks sweet. I'm glad they also added a single-player campaign as well.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2011 06:36 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juk3n
Devils Advocate

ahh well, CoD killer is a personal term, as in , once this hits, i wont be playing CoD anymore so in a sense it's killed CoD for me ^^, but htis does look frickin awsome.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2011 06:39 PM
Juk3n is currently offline Click here to Send Juk3n a Private Message Find more posts by Juk3n Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

About time they worked on BF3. Battlefield 2 was great, Bad Companies weren't up to par.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2011 09:00 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

I wish my rig could run that beast... it looks better than Crisis 2. sad

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2011 10:09 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Bad Company 2 was a great game. A ton of fun in MP.

Without Bad Company 2, a lot of the advancements in Battlefield 3 would of taken longer to create.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2011 11:41 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Despite being, well, not very good at it, I loved BF2. The problem with this game is its release date. It's scheduled for holiday release with about a dozen other high profile titles, and scattered others. Skyrim, Arkham City, possibly 1-2 more depending on when the date drops for a couple other titles, all will be above this on my "to play" list.

I don't have the time to roll off multiple games in short order any more. This one will fall through the cracks. A shame too, I'm sure 'd enjoy it.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2011 01:53 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Admiral Akbar

I'm getting really annoyed with the whole cod killer sticker being slapped on battlefield 3. The two companies and game styles have co-existed since their birth. Neither of the two will do anything to put the other out of business.

When the darkness comes, keep an eye on the light no matter how far away it seems.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2011 03:35 AM
Admiral Akbar is currently offline Click here to Send Admiral Akbar a Private Message Find more posts by Admiral Akbar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Digi
Despite being, well, not very good at it, I loved BF2. The problem with this game is its release date. It's scheduled for holiday release with about a dozen other high profile titles, and scattered others. Skyrim, Arkham City, possibly 1-2 more depending on when the date drops for a couple other titles, all will be above this on my "to play" list.

I don't have the time to roll off multiple games in short order any more. This one will fall through the cracks. A shame too, I'm sure 'd enjoy it.

I do not think BF3 will fall through the cracks. It's an extremely popular and has a pretty loyal fan base. I feel like this game will do extremely well.

Considering BFBC2 and BF1943 did pretty damn good in sales term, I see this game doing the same.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2011 03:54 AM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by Digi

I wouldn't worry about it too much, the vast majority of the target audience for BF3 wouldn't recognize Elder Scrolls if it kicked down their door, knocked over their empty beer can collection, pulled their pants up to their waist, took the price tag off their un-curved baseball cap and turned down their collar.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Mar 7th, 2011 04:06 AM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I wouldn't believe that either.

Multiple games can be successful in the winter. Considering both are huge franchises, I'm not worried that either will not do well.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2011 02:02 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Smasandian
I do not think BF3 will fall through the cracks. It's an extremely popular and has a pretty loyal fan base. I feel like this game will do extremely well.

Considering BFBC2 and BF1943 did pretty damn good in sales term, I see this game doing the same.

I'm saying it will for me, not for the general public. I don't give two craps what its market share is, I care whether or not I'll get to enjoy it.

wink

Old Post Mar 8th, 2011 03:14 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Ahh, I see.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2011 04:40 AM
Phanteros
the Shade knight

Gameplay

Old Post Apr 17th, 2011 05:14 AM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

After purchasing my new (ludicrously awesome) computer, I may just have to buy this game to justify my rig. Skyrim is the only other PC game in the pipes that I will be buying, and I need excuses to use my newfound gaming muscle.

embarrasment

Also, badass vid.

Last edited by Digi on Apr 17th, 2011 at 06:10 AM

Old Post Apr 17th, 2011 05:57 AM
Tzeentch
#gottem

Looks really ****ing good.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Apr 17th, 2011 08:52 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2011 09:38 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote