One Moment in time

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jalek moye
I just finished it and i would have prefered that this happen in the first place over one more day really.

Thought it was pretty sad but also beautiful

Anyone else have any thoughts?

SamZED
Yeah, and gotta admit - I AM thankful to Quesada, Spider-man continuity is LESS f@#$ed up than it originally seemed. Basically everything that happened to Spider-man in the last 20 years stil happened and MJ was there with him just like before, the only diference instead of being his wife, she was his GF.

But im not entirely sure im ok with the decision Pete made, i mean mindwiping people of the entire world just so noone would come after his loved ones? Than again, isnt that what MJ asked Mephysto to arrange? That might be what caused Pete to make that decision..

jalek moye
Yea seemed like it. But really over all it was very wlel done, i was actually surpised. Atleast to me I could reall feel the emotion.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by SamZED
Yeah, and gotta admit - I AM thankful to Quesada, Spider-man continuity is LESS f@#$ed up than it originally seemed. Basically everything that happened to Spider-man in the last 20 years stil happened and MJ was there with him just like before, the only diference instead of being his wife, she was his GF.

But im not entirely sure im ok with the decision Pete made, i mean mindwiping people of the entire world just so noone would come after his loved ones? Than again, isnt that what MJ asked Mephysto to arrange? That might be what caused Pete to make that decision..
The sense I'm getting from all these Queseda mandated Spider-Man stories is that Queseda is pushing for a theme that it's okay to run away from your problems and take the easy way out.

In this case mindwiping the entire world is easier on you than facing the problem head on.

SasuOna
Well instead of my well thought out but generic I hate quesada and OMIT rant I will say something positive. Every issue of OMIT sold over 60k thats good I guess.

Bentley
Originally posted by Omega Vision
The sense I'm getting from all these Queseda mandated Spider-Man stories is that Queseda is pushing for a theme that it's okay to run away from your problems and take the easy way out.

In this case mindwiping the entire world is easier on you than facing the problem head on.

Spider-man is all about taking the weasel way out.

SamZED
Originally posted by Bentley
Spider-man is all about taking the weasel way out.
No, that's Marvel. Spider-man usually has no problem making the hard choices. I mean, he's had an opportunity to "undo" uncle Ben's death and make it so he'd no longer be responsible for it, but didn't do it to protect some people he doesnt know from POSSIBLE threat.

jalek moye
Fools! It's because If Spider-man isn't single he's unrelateable. Now body settles down anymore when they fall in love. So he had to erase the whole world mind

Bentley
Originally posted by jalek moye
Fools! It's because If Spider-man isn't single he's unrelateable. Now body settles down anymore when they fall in love. So he had to erase the whole world mind

Personally my belief on true love depends on Ultron and Jocasta, one has Pym's mind patterns and the other one Wasp's. You know exactly where that is heading:

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb6/Enteithegreat/Ultron/Likefather.jpg

Arahan
Terrible. Spiderman gets more and more
fuuucked up thanks to the idiot Quesada.

Its sad destroying my favorite comic hero.
oh well I still have Quicksilver ^^

Bentley
Wait a sec, don't you think QS is f*cked up?

Arahan
Yes he is but at least it makes sense (somehow)
But the crapness I saw with the Spiderman Universe is far worse
and doenst make sense. The Power of Love..yeah sure whatever....

Stall_19
If they did this instead of what they did then there would be a lot less backlash.

The story in One Moment in Time was really good. Instead of Peter giving up his marriage to save Aunt May who made peace with her death and making a deal with the devil, he needs Strange to make everyone forget because he's putting his friends and family in serious danger. See in One Moment in Time I can totally understand why he made the decision he did. That is a lot more reasonable than OMD.

Bouboumaster
It sucked, like almost everything since BND.
**** Spider-Man. Read cosmics, to piss off Joe Q.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Stall_19
If they did this instead of what they did then there would be a lot less backlash.

The story in One Moment in Time was really good. Instead of Peter giving up his marriage to save Aunt May who made peace with her death and making a deal with the devil, he needs Strange to make everyone forget because he's putting his friends and family in serious danger. See in One Moment in Time I can totally understand why he made the decision he did. That is a lot more reasonable than OMD.
That's still incredibly selfish. Mindwiping an entire planet to protect a handful of people for a fabricated reason (Spidey's supporting cast is constantly in danger whether or not his identity is public) is incredibly unheroic of Spider-Man.

-Pr-
That's still incredibly selfish. Mindwiping an entire planet to protect a handful of people for a fabricated reason (Spidey's supporting cast is constantly in danger whether or not his identity is public) is incredibly unheroic of Spider-Man.

Is there a selfless way to decide, though, that doesn't get people killed?

Also, i don't believe nobody has posted the whitney houston video yet. what the hell people...

Scythe
Whitney Houston video?

Kazenji
So Joe Q ****ed up Spidey again.....meh i'll keep getting these new books i like the BND continuty Grim Hunt was good before this latest story from Joe Q.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by -Pr-

Also, i don't believe nobody has posted the whitney houston video yet. what the hell people...
Nope. But being a hero has never been about taking the easy way out. And in the end I think mindwiping an entire planet is pretty insidious. What's to stop heroes from doing it every time something bad happens?

-Pr-
Originally posted by Scythe
Whitney Houston video?

You make me feel old. Thanks for that.

tYFHAvULvJ0

Nope. But being a hero has never been about taking the easy way out. And in the end I think mindwiping an entire planet is pretty insidious. What's to stop heroes from doing it every time something bad happens?

What would you have preferred, then?

SamZED
Seriously, what Whitney Houston video?

-Pr-

tYFHAvULvJ0

Scythe

tYFHAvULvJ0

Ohhhhh, hahaha, that song. I thought it was something new that was Spider-Man related. Guess I'm old too.

Tron

I would've preferred that he NOT make a deal with the devil. Overall, the whole story is asinine. I get the mindwipe, and it was probably the only decently done part of the story. And, they still don't explain what happen to his organic webs or his "Other" powers.

SamZED
Fans demended webshooters so they gave em back. Id like to know how his fight with Morlun went in this continuity...

-Pr-
Originally posted by Tron
I would've preferred that he NOT make a deal with the devil. Overall, the whole story is asinine. I get the mindwipe, and it was probably the only decently done part of the story. And, they still don't explain what happen to his organic webs or his "Other" powers.

well, yeah, there is that. i meant otherwise lol...

Omega Vision

Spider-Man not taking the easy way out. Spider-Man dealing with his problems would be ten times more interesting than this reset switch bullshit.

-Pr-
Spider-Man not taking the easy way out. Spider-Man dealing with his problems would be ten times more interesting than this reset switch bullshit.

which would entail what?

Omega Vision
which would entail what?
Living in a world that knows his identity obviously.

Lots of story potential there, like an arc where Peter Parker as a personality dies altogether and Spidey becomes the mask.

-Pr-
Living in a world that knows his identity obviously.

Lots of story potential there, like an arc where Peter Parker as a personality dies altogether and Spidey becomes the mask.

does aunt may get killed by a mugger and peter becomes a millionaire?

Omega Vision
does aunt may get killed by a mugger and peter becomes a millionaire?
No but Flash Thompson dies of Smallpox.

-Pr-
No but Flash Thompson dies of Smallpox.

laughing out loud

Silent Guardian
One moment in time is a whole different beast. OMD was awful, heart wrenchingly so. Nobody gave a flying frick what exactly happened in that poorly written storyline. They just wanted to move on.

But no.

I said it in another forum, but One Moment In Time is like taking a rape victim, waiting until she's recovered from the rape to the point that she's started dating again, then forcing her to go on a date with the rapist so he can explain WHY he raped her.

Its not going to be as bad as rape, but all its going to do is bring up bad memories, and no explanation would ever be enough.

srankmissingnin
Rivera was on art duties. Translation? It is worth a purchase no matter how bad the story was.

Silent Guardian
not at all

Bouboumaster
Here's some videos of a dude, on Youtube. His name is DCompose.
He made some reviews on OMD, BND and OMIT. Pretty interesting, and IMO, he's spot on.

Spider-Man: One More Day Review
http://www.youtube.com/user/DCompose#p/u/169/aa9ygMEqF1E

Spider-Man: Brand New Day Review
http://www.youtube.com/user/DCompose#p/u/168/3ud2CmVXx48

Brand New Day In Widescreen
http://www.youtube.com/user/DCompose#p/u/116/-ofemUtHi2E

Spider-Man: One Moment In Time
http://www.youtube.com/user/DCompose#p/u/2/OqIFQXAgld8

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.