Lord Mar-Vell vs Darkseid

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Might be too early for it, as he doesn't have that many feats, but Thanos Imperative 4 gave a pretty good idea.

Bentley
Mar-vell took way too much time to beat Nova, DS is beyond him.

But mostly we have no serious point of comparision between the two.

Originally posted by Bentley
Mar-vell took way too much time to beat Nova, DS is beyond him.

But mostly we have no serious point of comparision between the two. He did one-shot the SS and he was taking his time with nova to get information from him as he torn through nova's mental defenses and mindraped him. Nova did not prolong that fight because of any merit of his own, Mar-Vell toyed with him.

I'm not sure what the OE would do to him as he is an immortal avatar of life connedcted to the many angled ones. In his reality, he is both relevant to the metaphysical workings of the universe and unkillable due to the extinction of death. I think in a neutral universe he shouldn't be immune to death but would remain an avatar of life, which might protect him from the OE.

Bentley
Ok, I just wanted to hear from someone else that Mar-vell was toying with Richard shifty

Didn't he just destroyed Surfer's board and then dissapeared. I still would have trouble rating him against Darkseid, from what we know they both have powerful energy attacks and psychic powers. I still need more showings to be sure.

dmills
^^^ Maybe because Nova is a bit more powerful then some people give him credit for wink

At any rate anybody that can smack Nova and Surfer around that easily has to be high trans at LEAST.

I agree it's still a little early.

We do know he can cast spells from across dimensions, as he had already left to his native universe to chase after thanos when he destroyed his sanctuary. Not sure if the Fault is a requirement for this though.

I believe he planted something inside Nova when he attacked him off panel making him scream like a little girl.

dmills
I think he was interrupted from whatever he was getting ready to do to Nova when Drax died. The scene most likely was running concurrently with what was going on in the cancerverse.

Originally posted by dmills
I think he was interrupted from whatever he was getting ready to do to Nova when Drax died. The scene most likely was running concurrently with what was going on in the cancerverse. Just reread the scene. I think you're right.

dmills
That's a good observation. Even though he was outside of the cancerverse his power level remained high. I wonder if he's even more potent inside of the cancerverse?

Probably is. Still, he destroyed adam magus with a gesture and Magus was already trans level at least.

dmills
This was an awesome issue. I've read the damn thing like 6 times lol. You said that you weren't too crazy about it no?

dmills
Originally posted by 753
Probably is. Still, he destroyed adam magus with a gesture and Magus was already trans level at least. Forgot about that. So there's that, he tore through Richard's shields with a punch, toyed with his psionic shields like nothing and swatted Norrin aside.

tsscls
I'm going to use Darkseid from Countdown to Infinite Crisis because you didn't say i couldn't.
That version of DS played really proficient chess, so he must be good at Monopoly. Using logic (and Thanos), you can buy Reading Railroad in Monopoly. Reading is in Pennslyvania. PA is not far from Los Angeles. LA is where Bob Kane died. Bob Kane created Batman--------BATKICK! FTW!!!

dmills
^^^ laughing out loud ABC... People put Magus on par with Thanos for the most part right? So this phucker E-Vell must be skyfather level.

This was an awesome issue. I've read the damn thing like 6 times lol. You said that you weren't too crazy about it no? Are you kidding me? I'm loving the imperative. GoG was excellent as well. Nova's golden phase was during the annihilation and conquest tie-ins, brilliant material, but his most recent series was still ok.

People put Magus on par with Thanos for the most part right? So this phucker E-Vell must be skyfather level.

Yes, thinking about it, he probably is.

dmills
Originally posted by 753
Are you kidding me? I'm loving the imperative. GoG was excellent as well. Nova's golden phase was during the annihilation and conquest tie-ins, brilliant material, but his most recent series was still ok. No I meant this particular issue. I thought you had mentioned that it was just meh to you.

dmills
Nevermind, that was Galan that said that.

Galan007
Originally posted by 753
He did one-shot the SS I don't know what your definition of one-shot is, but all Marv's blast did was knock Surfer to the ground -- it caused him no real damage whatsoever. That's hardly enough to put him on Darkseid's level.

Nevermind, that was Galan that said that. I thought the issue was ok, but it wasn't something that would be enjoyable for me to read numerous times.

Originally posted by Galan007
I don't know what your definition of one-shot is, but all Marv's blast did was knock Surfer to the ground -- it caused him no real damage whatsoever. That's hardly enough to put him on Darkseid's level.

I thought the issue was ok, but it wasn't something that would be enjoyable for me to read numerous times. It destroyed the board and more importantly put him out of comission for the duration of the fight, that's one-shoting for the purposes of the battle.

The idea that he is on par with DS or higher isn't solely based on his showing against surfer either.

Galan007
Originally posted by 753
It destroyed the board and more importantly put him out of comission for the duration of the fight, that's one-shoting for the purposes of this fight.

The idea that he is on par with DS or higher isn't solely based on his showing against surfer either. It didn't put Surfer out of commission at all. Heck, Surfer was already back to his knees on the same page in which Marv blasted him:
http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/2884/ti4headshotcps018.jpg
(bottom panel)

Surfer was knocked to the ground... That's really it.

Originally posted by 753
The idea that he is on par with DS or higher isn't solely based on his showing against surfer either. I understand the power Marv is supposed to be packing, and maybe by the end of this arc he will have actually displayed uber magnitudes of this power. But as of now, he has done nothing to suggest he is > Darkseid, imo.

Nihilist
Pretty much agree with everything Galan has said, its way too early for Lord Marvell at the minute.

dmills
Yeah. Surfer was on his knee's holding his head like "wtf just happened here" lol!

It didn't put Surfer out of commission at all. Heck, Surfer was already back to his knees on the same page in which Marv blasted him:
(bottom panel)

I understand the power Marv is supposed to be packing, and maybe by the end of this arc he will have actually displayed uber magnitudes of this power. But as of now, he has done nothing to suggest he is > Darkseid, imo. I didnt say it koed him, I said he didn't do anything else for that fight, that blast was enough to take him out of the fight, otherwise he would have gone back to help nova. even when mar-vell starts doing whatever to nova and he begins shrieking, the SS isn't in condition to help, only Drax's death stopped it. He handled two high heralds like insects in that fight.

We shoulf wait and see more, but I think it's safe to assume he is at least an upper trans level, which is what most people rank DS as.

Galan007
Originally posted by 753
I didnt say it koed him, I said he didn't do anything else for that fight, that blast was enough to take him out of the fight, otherwise he would have gone back to help nova. Surfer was not incapacitated by Marv's blast -- we were shown that much. So I think his not attempting to reenter the fight afterward can be viewed as blatant CIS/PIS.

Originally posted by 753
We shoulf wait and see more, but I think it's safe to assume he is at least an upper trans level, which is what most people rank DS as. Only time will tell. But as of right now, he's not on Darkseid's level.

dmills
It didn't put Surfer out of commission at all. Heck, Surfer was already back to his knees on the same page in which Marv blasted him:
(bottom panel)

I understand the power Marv is supposed to be packing, and maybe by the end of this arc he will have actually displayed uber magnitudes of this power. But as of now, he has done nothing to suggest he is > Darkseid, imo. He seemed out of it to me. In a TKO sense anyway.

Surfer was not incapacitated by Marv's blast -- we were shown that much. So I think his not attempting to reenter the fight afterward can be viewed as blatant CIS/PIS.
He's only seen crounching down, holding his head afterwards, looked pretty out of condition to keep fighting to me. A guy goes like that in a boxing match it's time to throw in the towel.

dmills
Yeah I just re-read that scene. Norrin was down on his knee holding his head. Clearly that blast rocked him. It counts as a TKO in this forum no?

Galan007
^ Huh? All we see is Surfer already back on his knees, literally a second or two after the blast was delivered. He wasn't hurt, stop digging.

^ Huh? All we see is Surfer already back on his knees, literally a second or two after the blast was delivered. He wasn't hurt, stop digging. two knees and a hand on the ground, another hand holding his own head

Galan007
Originally posted by 753
two knees and a hand on the ground, another hand holding his own head And that implies what exactly? If the blast would have done any type of significant damage to Surfer, he wouldn't have been shown getting back up on the same page in which he was blasted.

Y'all are digging deep here.

dmills
^ Huh? All we see is Surfer already back on his knees, literally a second or two after the blast was delivered. He wasn't hurt, stop digging. What's to dig up? That's clearly what happened. It took him like 7 panels before he was even up on his feet again.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Surfer obviously wasn't seriously hurt in anyway. A temporary knock out? That's asinine.

At any rate anybody that can smack Nova and Surfer around that easily has to be high trans at LEAST.

Knocking down and smacking around two herald level characters doesn't make you high Trans level.

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Smacking around two herald level characters doesn't make you high Trans level. I think it does, but what about destroying adam magus with a thought?

Galan007
What's to dig up? That's clearly what happened. It took him like 7 panels before he was even up on his feet again. You do realize that Surfer wasn't shown at all during those pages, right? The plot shifted elsewhere. But considering we SAW him getting back up almost immediately after he was blasted, I'd say it's quite logical to assume he was just fine.

dmills
Damn man what do you want? I mean the guy even yelled "AAARRRGHHHH!" when he got blasted. Looks like he got hurt to me. Unless you're saying he yelled AAARRRRHHH! because he was afraid of heights.

He was clearly stunned and hurt, although he wasnt koed

dmills
You do realize that Surfer wasn't shown at all during those pages, right? The plot shifted elsewhere. But considering we SAW him getting back up almost immediately after he was blasted, I'd say it's quite logical to assume he was just fine. I'm not even counting those scenes. Only the ones that he was involved in.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Surfer was hurt. He wasn't seriously hurt. What's so difficult to understand?

That blast knocked him off his feet, hurt him and destroyed his board. A FireLord level feat.

Originally posted by 753
I think it does, but what about destroying adam magus with a thought?

No it doesn't or we'd have to place Superman and Thor in the high trans category on a good day.

That's more conclusive but I'd wait until we see more of Marvell. Eventually his new villain smell will wear off. Probably by the end of this arc when he starts folding.

Galan007
Damn man what do you want? I mean the guy even yelled "AAARRRGHHHH!" when he got blasted. Looks like he got hurt to me. Unless you're saying he yelled AAARRRRHHH! because he was afraid of heights. I'm not saying the blast didn't cause Surfer some pain, but it clearly didn't cause him any damage.

Again, he was getting back up almost immediately after he was blasted.

dmills
edit

Galan007
I'm not saying the blast didn't cause Surfer some pain, but it clearly didn't cause him any damage.

Again, he was getting back up almost immediately after he was blasted.

dmills
Ok clearly we're all in pseudo agreement about what transpired in that scene. We just disagree about the significance I presume?

KuRuPT Thanosi
Killing Adam Magus with ease was more impressive to me than what he did to surfer or nova

Bentley
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Killing Adam Magus with ease was more impressive to me than what he did to surfer or nova

Indeed, specially when Magus was stated to be above Nova by WM itself:

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb6/Enteithegreat/Adam%20Warlock/th_Theatlevel.jpg

dmills
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Killing Adam Magus with ease was more impressive to me than what he did to surfer or nova Oh come on man lol! So if your boy Thanos did that you would just say, "it wasn't that impressive to me"? Keep it real.

dmills
Oh come on man lol! So if your boy Thanos did that you would just say, "it wasn't that impressive to me"? Keep it real. Disregard that question. I almost forgot that Thanos nearly slapped Norrin to death.

Galan007
We just disagree about the significance I presume? Uhuh.

kgkg
Originally posted by 753
It destroyed the board and more importantly put him out of comission for the duration of the fight, that's one-shoting for the purposes of the battle.

The idea that he is on par with DS or higher isn't solely based on his showing against surfer either. No because other people have put Surfer in a similar situation and Surfer came out victorious in some of those encounters.

kgkg
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Knocking down and smacking around two herald level characters doesn't make you high Trans level. Going by what he has done he is at trans level.... Killing Adam Magus with a simple blast should put him at that level.

Originally posted by kgkg
No because other people have put Surfer in a similar situation and Surfer came out victorious in some of those encounters. but for that fight he was out of it

Galan007
^ For no other reason then the sake of the plot. From a forum standpoint, that blast was ineffectual.

I feel we exhausted this already. You think he was shown geting back up the next second I think he stunned out of battle and was left kneeling down holding his head trying to recover.

Galan007
^ Typically if a character is harmed to the point where they are unable to continue the battle at hand, they aren't shown getting back up literally seconds after said injury occurred.

Not to mention that Surfer was able to endure back to back blasts from Tenebrous and Aegis without being incapacitated. So unless Marv's blast was more potent than T&A's, then it's logical to assume Surfer didn't reenter the battle purely for the sake of the plot.

But I agree, we've exhausted this shiz.

dmills
^ For no other reason then the sake of the plot. From a forum standpoint, that blast was ineffectual.

The forum is collectively high if that's the case stick out tongue

Moving along...

I think that we can all agree that at the very least E-Vell is high trans level right? I'm not very familiar with Darksied's high, mid and low showings. What's he like on average?

Galan007
I think that we can all agree that at the very least E-Vell is high trans level right? I'll wait until he's done a bit more before I'll share this opinion. As of now, Marv's best feat seems to be owning Magus -- Darkseid has owned entire Pantheons of Gods.

Starscream M
I'll wait until he's done a bit more before I'll share this opinion. As of now, Marv's best feat seems to be owning Magus -- Darkseid has owned entire Pantheons of Gods. darkseid's fighting skills is shit tho

Galan007
Originally posted by Starscream M
darkseid's fighting skills is shit tho Your opinion.

Starscream M
Your opinion. lol...um no. no one thinks darkseid is a skilled fighter.

Galan007
^ Darkseid doesn't often have a need for physical confrontation. But his melees with the very skilled Orion should be proof enough that he does have a good degree of skill in that area (not that he'd need it here.)

he is often crippled by pis as he forgets his own powerset, but he is still powerfull

Starscream M
Originally posted by 753
he is often crippled by pis as he forgets his own powerset, but he is still powerfull I didn't say he wasn't powerful...I said he isn't a skilled fighter. there's a distinction.

dmills
I'll wait until he's done a bit more before I'll share this opinion. As of now, Marv's best feat seems to be owning Magus -- Darkseid has owned entire Pantheons of Gods. But are those high showings? Taking eveything into account good bad and ugly, where would you place him?

Galan007
But are those high showings? Taking eveything into account good bad and ugly, where would you place him? It doesn't really matter where I would place him. What matters are his feats.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=480407&pagenumber=1

kgkg
Originally posted by 753
but for that fight he was out of it out of it as in K.O? not sure what your looking at.

He was on the ground he was never K.O... Like i said he has been put on the exact situation like this one and has come out victorious... Hey I'm not saying it wasn't impressive feat for Lord Mar-Vell anyone that can do that to Surfer has to be bad ass.

Killing Adam Magus was much more impressive.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.