You are stranded on an island...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
You can choose to bring one comic book series (whether it's still ongoing or not) with you.

What comic series would you choose and why?

Galan007
Tbh, if I were stranded on an island, I would definitely want to be reading an ongoing series -- one I know isn't going to be canceled anytime soon (like Action Comics.) Because regardless of how good a series is, I would eventually get tired of reading it if no new material was introduced.

...Plus an ongoing series would help break the routine-based monotony of day to day island life.

-Pr-
Fraction's X-Men. I need to build a fire after all.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Galan007
Tbh, if I were stranded on an island, I would definitely want to be reading an ongoing series -- one I know isn't going to be canceled anytime soon (like Action Comics.) Because regardless of how good a series is, I would eventually get tired of reading it if no new material was introduced.

...Plus an ongoing series would help break the routine-based monotony of day to day island life. I disagree...I never get tired of rereading Batman: Gotham Adventures. Have you read it?

Galan007
^ I've read a handful of issues... Didn't really care for them. /shrug

Bentley
So long for voting Guardians as an ongoing sad

Maybe one Avengers books for the kicks, or something random with many characters rotating. Can I pick an online series and get a computer, electricity and internet? smile

Q99
I'd want something that's long running.

Hm, Ninja High School maybe? Near 200 issues, at least three distinct eras.

2000AD would be an idea. *All* of Judge Dredd would keep me busy for awhile. Though I might get tired of black humor/violent satire after awhile.

All of Action Comics or Detective Comics would be fun, though there'd be an issue that a lot of major storylines would be off elsewhere with no way to check up on them, so I'd say no to that. JLA on the other hand...

Oh, of course! Legion of Superheroes is perfect, 40+ years, huge cast, occasional reboot.

Bentley
It would be good if there existed things like the Old Strange Tales where different character starred from time to time. That would be optimal but I think it doesn't exist anymore? -the closest thing being the Brave and the Bold-.

willRules
An ongoing Ka-Zar series so I could steal ideas for survival.

GGS
Supergirl or Powergirl.....need something to fap too.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by willRules
An ongoing Ka-Zar series so I could steal ideas for survival.
lol

step one fight large sabre-tooth cat cub and raise it as your own.

Bouboumaster
Ultimate 1 and 2, Watchmen, Batman: TLH, etc., the usual stuff...

willRules
Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
lol

step one fight large sabre-tooth cat cub and raise it as your own.

Step two: Find hot she-devil of a jungle woman and take her as your wife....easier said than done....

Endless Mike
Am I allowed to pick something I've already read, and I'll get to read it as if I hadn't read it before?

StiltmanFTW
Step two: Find hot she-devil of a jungle woman and take her as your wife....easier said than done....

Step three: Beat the shit out of Thanos.

1. http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/3504/k1111q.jpg
2. http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/7844/k1112.jpg
props to leonidas

willRules
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Step three: Beat the shit out of Thanos.

1. http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/3504/k1111q.jpg
2. http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/7844/k1112.jpg
props to leonidas

That is certainly the logical next step. smile

Sr J-Bieb
Nova or Thor.

willRules
I take back what I said. An ongoing Ka-Zar series would be a bad choice. Not only would there most likely be very few useful tips, but also comics are escapism. I wouldn't want to be isolated on an island with my only serialised read being the life of a fictional character who is doing better at surving on an island than I am. I don't want to be reading about the life of a guy who lives in a jungle paradise with his hot wife and has amazing adventures if I'm stranded in the rain on a beach. I'd be better off using the issues to construct a shelter.

.........Glad I got that off my chest.

Bentley
You'd end up killed by Thanos then uhuh

Newjak
Probably gonna go with Thor

Dum Dum Dugan
I take back what I said. An ongoing Ka-Zar series would be a bad choice. Not only would there most likely be very few useful tips, but also comics are escapism. I wouldn't want to be isolated on an island with my only serialised read being the life of a fictional character who is doing better at surving on an island than I am. I don't want to be reading about the life of a guy who lives in a jungle paradise with his hot wife and has amazing adventures if I'm stranded in the rain on a beach. I'd be better off using the issues to construct a shelter.

.........Glad I got that off my chest.
laughing

willRules
Originally posted by Bentley
You'd end up killed by Thanos then uhuh

It's a no win scenario I've made sad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.