KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » You are stranded on an island...

You are stranded on an island...
Started by: Starscream M

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Starscream M

You are stranded on an island...

You can choose to bring one comic book series (whether it's still ongoing or not) with you.

What comic series would you choose and why?

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post Sep 18th, 2010 08:29 PM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Tbh, if I were stranded on an island, I would definitely want to be reading an ongoing series -- one I know isn't going to be canceled anytime soon (like Action Comics.) Because regardless of how good a series is, I would eventually get tired of reading it if no new material was introduced.

...Plus an ongoing series would help break the routine-based monotony of day to day island life.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Sep 18th, 2010 09:07 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Fraction's X-Men. I need to build a fire after all.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 18th, 2010 09:12 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
Tbh, if I were stranded on an island, I would definitely want to be reading an ongoing series -- one I know isn't going to be canceled anytime soon (like Action Comics.) Because regardless of how good a series is, I would eventually get tired of reading it if no new material was introduced.

...Plus an ongoing series would help break the routine-based monotony of day to day island life.
I disagree...I never get tired of rereading Batman: Gotham Adventures. Have you read it?

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post Sep 18th, 2010 09:52 PM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

^ I've read a handful of issues... Didn't really care for them. /shrug

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Sep 18th, 2010 10:01 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

So long for voting Guardians as an ongoing sad

Maybe one Avengers books for the kicks, or something random with many characters rotating. Can I pick an online series and get a computer, electricity and internet? smile

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Sep 18th, 2010 10:19 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

I'd want something that's long running.

Hm, Ninja High School maybe? Near 200 issues, at least three distinct eras.

2000AD would be an idea. *All* of Judge Dredd would keep me busy for awhile. Though I might get tired of black humor/violent satire after awhile.

All of Action Comics or Detective Comics would be fun, though there'd be an issue that a lot of major storylines would be off elsewhere with no way to check up on them, so I'd say no to that. JLA on the other hand...

Oh, of course! Legion of Superheroes is perfect, 40+ years, huge cast, occasional reboot.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2010 12:27 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

It would be good if there existed things like the Old Strange Tales where different character starred from time to time. That would be optimal but I think it doesn't exist anymore? -the closest thing being the Brave and the Bold-.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2010 12:43 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

An ongoing Ka-Zar series so I could steal ideas for survival.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2010 01:14 AM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GGS

Supergirl or Powergirl.....need something to fap too.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2010 07:42 PM
GGS is currently offline Click here to Send GGS a Private Message Find more posts by GGS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

Originally posted by willRules
An ongoing Ka-Zar series so I could steal ideas for survival.

lol

step one fight large sabre-tooth cat cub and raise it as your own.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2010 07:47 PM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bouboumaster

Ultimate 1 and 2, Watchmen, Batman: TLH, etc., the usual stuff...

Old Post Sep 19th, 2010 10:07 PM
Bouboumaster is currently offline Click here to Send Bouboumaster a Private Message Find more posts by Bouboumaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
lol

step one fight large sabre-tooth cat cub and raise it as your own.

Step two: Find hot she-devil of a jungle woman and take her as your wife....easier said than done....

Old Post Sep 20th, 2010 11:37 AM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Am I allowed to pick something I've already read, and I'll get to read it as if I hadn't read it before?

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Sep 20th, 2010 01:51 PM
Endless Mike is online now! Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by willRules
Step two: Find hot she-devil of a jungle woman and take her as your wife....easier said than done....

Step three: Beat the shit out of Thanos.

1. http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/3504/k1111q.jpg
2. http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/7844/k1112.jpg
props to leonidas

Old Post Sep 20th, 2010 02:57 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Step three: Beat the shit out of Thanos.

1. http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/3504/k1111q.jpg
2. http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/7844/k1112.jpg
props to leonidas

That is certainly the logical next step. smile

Old Post Sep 20th, 2010 08:48 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

Nova or Thor.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2010 11:47 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

I take back what I said. An ongoing Ka-Zar series would be a bad choice. Not only would there most likely be very few useful tips, but also comics are escapism. I wouldn't want to be isolated on an island with my only serialised read being the life of a fictional character who is doing better at surving on an island than I am. I don't want to be reading about the life of a guy who lives in a jungle paradise with his hot wife and has amazing adventures if I'm stranded in the rain on a beach. I'd be better off using the issues to construct a shelter.

.........Glad I got that off my chest.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2010 01:53 PM
Bentley
Seitei

You'd end up killed by Thanos then

Old Post Sep 21st, 2010 01:55 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Probably gonna go with Thor

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Sep 21st, 2010 03:55 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote