The Day of the Triffids

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
Sam Raimi wants to direct

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=70976

MildPossession
As long as it's not like our awful version of it, I'm happy. But really, I can't see anything turning out amazing when the subject is killer plants...

Robtard
I'd like to see him turn it into a horror-comedy, ala Evil Dead II.

I suspect Bruce Campbell and Raimi's brother to have a role or cameo, plus a surplus of hot women, knowing Raimi.

Flyattractor
Was the 2009 one the one about the slackers that smoked the Triffids?

-Pr-
Originally posted by MildPossession
As long as it's not like our awful version of it, I'm happy. But really, I can't see anything turning out amazing when the subject is killer plants...

Little Shop of Horrors.

Mr. Rhythmic
Originally posted by MildPossession

The original "Triffids" movie was pretty good.

MildPossession
Sorry, the version I meant was the one made for tv a few years ago with Eddie Izzard. But what I can remember from the original, still cheesy.

That's not a serious film though. Day of the Triffids is just cheesy because they make it serious, just doesn't work for me with killer plants.

Rob has a good idea - make is a comedy horror/sci-fi film.

BruceSkywalker
i loved the original..

not sure about this until the cast is announced

Bicnarok
Excellent book and original series, I hope they make it and put it in the proper setting. Ie not in the USA with some hollywood style music backround and such

mardook
I agree that it should be comedy/horror. I enjoyed Drag Me To Hell, very much like his older work from the 80's. If its too serious in tone with gore, it will be compared to the Ruins in a way.

kevin456
I also loved Original

skyrose
There were two versions made.
The original funnily enough, is my preference. Though the second one picked up a tiny little bit.
Now if they can make a version for our modern times, it could be a hit with the right casting especially if Raimi directs it.
Maybe worth waiting for.

rourke82
I watched first versions of this film and I think that the film will be boring as the war of the worlds but maby im wrong

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.