Mysteries of the Americas

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

King Castle
who were the Olmec?

what happen to them?

what about the Anasazi who are they and where did they go?

who were the Hopi Indians what happen to the Indian towns why are they gone and what other structures were build on the americas and why are they gone?

did the Vikings really come to America 1st, where did they land, did they breed with the native americans?

How were the Pyramids build what were the materials, how were the anasazi building and dwellings build?

why do people think that natives lived in Tipi's and not more permanent housing?

inimalist
Originally posted by King Castle
who were the Olmec?

what happen to them?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olmec

what about the Anasazi who are they and where did they go?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_Pueblo_Peoples

who were the Hopi Indians what happen to the Indian towns why are they gone and what other structures were build on the americas and why are they gone?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hopi

did the Vikings really come to America 1st, where did they land, did they breed with the native americans?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norse_colonization_of_the_Americas

How were the Pyramids build what were the materials, how were the anasazi building and dwellings build?

nobody knows for sure, though I don't think the stones were as large as the ones in Egypt

why do people think that natives lived in Tipi's and not more permanent housing?

because they followed their food

there is a lecture series, "War and World History", you should check out

Parmaniac
laughing

Omega Vision
Lol at "mysteries"

King Castle
the one question i forgot to ask was about the crystal skull..

who do you guys think really made it?

where did the aztecs come from south or north?

Shakyamunison
the one question i forgot to ask was about the crystal skull..

who do you guys think really made it?

where did the aztecs come from south or north?

Why not one question per thread?

I heard it was made by someone in Germany.

King Castle
why, i like it this way.

Quiero Mota
"For over a century, the mysterious ruins of the cliff dwellings in Nevada and elsewhere in the Western USA have baffled archeologists and historians. Square stone structures were foreign to the Amerinds, and local Indian legends themselves claimed that the buildings were first created by a mysterious people called the Anasazi, who inhabited the area before the Amerinds.

Given the "Lineage X' and other skeletal evidence proving the existence of Whites in America, either prior to or at the very least simultaneous with, the Amerinds, a strong circumstantial case could be made for White origins of the very European looking buildings which are currently shown off to tourists as Amerind created structures. Only a racial examination of surrounding gravesites will provide the final answer to the issue.

There are hundreds of similar structures to be found all over the US South West: while all are attributed to Amerinds, the question can be rightly asked: if Amerinds did indeed build these structures, why were they living in buffalo skin tents when Europeans colonized that country after the 1500s?

http://white-history.com/hwr6c.htm

King Castle
what kinda bothers me about the misconception of Tipi's is that they were permanent housing structures for natives..

it was just them using them for following the herd. there were native towns of mud/brick buildings as well as lodges for permanent housing..

its like saying the lifestyle of hunters and campers applies to everyone in a society.

same with the attitude that aztecs were cannibals b/c a priest sect did it in ceremonies.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Why not one question per thread?

You want dozens of treads?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
You want dozens of treads?

Hmmm Good point. What about one question per thread, per year? laughing out loud

inimalist
how about, questions that can't be better answered by wiki?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by inimalist

But someone would have to check. stick out tongue

King Castle
plus wiki is you know:

kFBDn5PiL00

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by inimalist

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u55/WatchOut_02/michael_wiki.png

Symmetric Chaos
plus wiki is you know

Statistically a very reliable source of information, not to mention one that complete with cited sources.

Shakyamunison
Statistically a very reliable source of information, not to mention one that complete with cited sources.

Are you saying people should be, like educated before they make a thread? eek!

Quiero Mota

Then why don't academic institutions accept it as a source?

inimalist
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
Then why don't academic institutions accept it as a source?

the same reason all encyclopedias aren't academic sources

however, current APA guidelines do have ways for citing wiki pages

also, are you suggesting that, because it isn't accepted, Wiki isn't a good source?

EDIT: think of it like this. Peer-reviewed articles are considered a better academic source than are books, but I have read books with much higher scholarly content than some articles.

King Castle
moving on what happen to the olmecs and anasazi?

Symmetric Chaos
moving on what happen to the olmecs and anasazi?

No one can really say for sure. Hence the mystery.

King Castle
what are the theories?

what part of the americas did the aztecs and mayans come from?

Symmetric Chaos
what are the theories?

Generally that they just decided to leave because the environment became unpleasant.

Or aliens tunneled in from the hollow Earth and pulled them to their dooms.

It's like a 50/50 chance I guess.

inimalist
what are the theories?

Originally posted by Wikipedia

Decline
It is not known with any clarity what caused the eventual extinction of the Olmec culture. It is known that between 400 and 350 BCE, population in the eastern half of the Olmec heartland dropped precipitously, and the area would remain sparsely inhabited until the 19th century. This depopulation was likely the result of "very serious environmental changes that rendered the region unsuited for large groups of farmers", in particular changes to the riverine environment that the Olmec depended upon for agriculture, for hunting and gathering, and for transportation. Archaeologists propose that these changes were triggered by tectonic upheavals or subsidence, or the silting up of rivers due to agricultural practices.

One theory for the considerable population drop during the Terminal Formative period is suggested by Santley and colleagues (Santley et al. 1997) and proposes shifts in settlement location due to volcanism instead of extinction. Volcanic eruptions during the Early, Late and Terminal Formative periods would have blanketed the lands and forced the Olmecs to move their settlements.

Whatever the cause, within a few hundred years of the abandonment of the last Olmec cities, successor cultures had become firmly established. The Tres Zapotes site, on the western edge of the Olmec heartland, continued to be occupied well past 400 BCE, but without the hallmarks of the Olmec culture. This post-Olmec culture, often labeled Epi-Olmec, has features similar to those found at Izapa, some 330 miles (550 km) to the southeast.

what part of the americas did the aztecs and mayans come from?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Aztecs

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Maya#History

King Castle
stop it or i'll report you for spamming. miffed

what are they paying you to use it, do you have vested interest? erm

Symmetric Chaos

Spamming? He's giving you citations.

inimalist

no?

take 4 seconds to look something up? nobody is going to give you as detailed an answer on a forum as you will get on wiki, which also gives you more links for answers you are looking for

whats your beef?

Bardock42

Start using it or I'll report you for spamming! miffed

Omega Vision
While Wikipedia is generally not a direct source for supporting information/research in a college level research assignment it is an excellent way to find actual sources by looking at the sources the pages cite.

It has gotten far better about unsupported information and troll contributions over the last few years.

Originally posted by Quiero Mota
"For over a century, the mysterious ruins of the cliff dwellings in Nevada and elsewhere in the Western USA have baffled archeologists and historians. Square stone structures were foreign to the Amerinds, and local Indian legends themselves claimed that the buildings were first created by a mysterious people called the Anasazi, who inhabited the area before the Amerinds.

Given the "Lineage X' and other skeletal evidence proving the existence of Whites in America, either prior to or at the very least simultaneous with, the Amerinds, a strong circumstantial case could be made for White origins of the very European looking buildings which are currently shown off to tourists as Amerind created structures. Only a racial examination of surrounding gravesites will provide the final answer to the issue.

There are hundreds of similar structures to be found all over the US South West: while all are attributed to Amerinds, the question can be rightly asked: if Amerinds did indeed build these structures, why were they living in buffalo skin tents when Europeans colonized that country after the 1500s?

http://white-history.com/hwr6c.htm these people crack me up. I read this angry neo-nazi posting on a youtube video about all the crap whites invented and lesser races stole from them and claimed as their own - things like the Indian civilization - and how whites have higher IQs according to the research he was quoting, lynn i presume. When someone pointed out that askhenazi jews and east asians had higher IQs according to the same studies, he seemed to have a stroke.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.