Dp Tyrant & Thanos vs. Odin & Mangog

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KuRuPT Thanosi
who wins this fight?

The Nuul
Thanos stalemates Odin again.....

DP beats Man....

Two on one.

T1 wins.

TheLordofMurder
It comes down to something I have voiced on several threads: how badly does Odin want to win?

Because of Odin goes all out and amps himself the way he is capable of doing (drawing the power of Asgard into himself, entering the Destroyer, or by withdrawing the spiritual energies of all the Asgardians into himself), then DP Tyrant and Thanos have no chance at all...

If Odin is content to fight at normal power levels, however, then I still favor Odins team...but it will be an entertaining, drawn out, battle...

Ultimately it comes down to Odin vs DP Tyrant and how fast Thanos can defeat Mangog to assist Tyrant; Thanos beating Mangog in a timely fashion isnt a certainty though as Mangog is a beast physically...

And as Mangog feeds (and amps) via hatred...Odin, DP Tyrant, and Thanos may very well end up amping Mangog if they dont keep their emotions in check.

TheLordofMurder
@Nuul

Thanos stalemates Odin my ass; Odin was dominating him and Thanos was unable to do any harm to Odin whatsoever...

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
It comes down to something I have voiced on several threads: how badly does Odin want to win?

Because of Odin goes all out and amps himself the way he is capable of doing (drawing the power of Asgard into himself, entering the Destroyer, or by withdrawing the spiritual energies of all the Asgardians into himself), then DP Tyrant and Thanos have no chance at all...

If Odin is content to fight at normal power levels, however, then I still favor Odins team...but it will be an entertaining, drawn out, battle...

Ultimately it comes down to Odin vs DP Tyrant and how fast Thanos can defeat Mangog to assist Tyrant; Thanos beating Mangog in a timely fashion isnt a certainty though as Mangog is a beast physically...

And as Mangog feeds (and amps) via hatred...Odin, DP Tyrant, and Thanos may very well end up amping Mangog if they dont keep their emotions in check.

Did you see anything in my opening post that leads you to believe Odin entering the destroyer or getting any spirtual energy boost is permitted? I'm not allowing Thanos or Tyrant to prep or get any artifacts, so why would you think Odin can. Odin can amp himself just like Thanos can.. but that is the extent of it.

Where on God's green earth do you get this notion that Odin can take Tyrant and Thanos 2 v 1.. Shoot I think Tyrant will beat Odin by himself.. let alone with Thanos's help it because a massive spite against Odin.

TheLordofMurder
Odins feats are much better than Depowered Tyrants feats...

Not only that, but Odin dominated Thanos to a significantly greater extent than Tyrant did; add those factors up and I think you'll understand why here at KMC, it was decided that both DP Tyrant and Thanos belong in the Trans Tier...and why both are not considered Skyfathers as Odin is.

Spite against Odin? I dont think so...

KuRuPT Thanosi
Dp Tyrant is skyfather level or higher plain and simple. You even referenced a fight that shows exactly who Thanos thought was more powerful. Thanos had no desire to flee (when he could've easily done so, afterall he had already brought Thor to his father to cure) He felt Odin's power and even his stepped up power and walked right through it. Against Tyrant, he decided to flee because he knew Tyrant would kill him. Now compare that to Odin.. No thought of leaving or fearing for his life. That speaks volumes about who Thanos thought was the more poweful of the two. Tyrant has been in what.. 8-10 comics in total.. now compare that to Odin, and it's clear why Odin has more feats. Yet NONE of his combat feats are as impressive as who Tyrant beat. Tyrant is undefeated in vs. situations. He lost only because of one of the most powerful artifacts in Marvel.. the UN... The same UN that took two shots to kill him. Him beating... Surfer, Morg, Terrax, BRB, J.O.H., Gladiator, Gany, Thanos and Galactus poops all over anybody Odin has defeated in the same period of time.

Colossus-Big C
team 1

Bouboumaster
Team 1

Galan007
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
The same UN that took two shots to kill him. I hope you're not equating that to some type of uber durability feat for Tyrant. The UN didn't kill him in the first shot, because Morg had no idea what the hell he was doing with it.

Having a weapon in your possession doesn't mean you automatically know how to use it properly. Morg isn't the sharpest tool in the shed.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Galan007
I hope you're not equating that to some type of uber durability feat for Tyrant. The UN didn't kill him in the first shot, because Morg had no idea what the hell he was doing with it.

Having a weapon in your possession doesn't mean you automatically know how to use it properly. Morg isn't the sharpest tool in the shed.

Dammit my friend.. you and I both know it doesn't.. but others.. maybe not... laughing out loud big grin

TheLordofMurder
LoL@Thanosi....

Thanos couldnt even bulge or even scratch Odin; Thanos even got PIMP SLAPPED by Odin...but Thanos was laying some wood on Tyrant...that tells me all I need to know.

Thanos was Odins b***h...plain and simple.

Thanos didnt want to give up against Odin because his ego couldnt stand getting beat up like that; therefore Thanos was determined to fight on until he did "something" significant to Odin (which he completely FAILED to do)...

Against DP Tyrant, Thanos saw that he could harm him and make Tyrant feel his blows...so he was able to leave that fight with a clear mind.

Odin>>DP Tyrant

Happy Dance

TheLordofMurder
Also...

Argue with the tierings here at KMC, but DP Tyrant=Trans Tier...just like Thanos.

Odin, on the other hand, equals bonafide Skyfather...

Read em and weep!

Happy Dance

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Galan007
I hope you're not equating that to some type of uber durability feat for Tyrant. The UN didn't kill him in the first shot, because Morg had no idea what the hell he was doing with it.

Of course Thanosi would try and say that; he blatantly LIES, and has an extensive history of this mind you, to try and make Thanos (and to a lesser extent DP Tyrant) seem to be more powerful than he (they) truly are...

I am used to his childish games...

Happy Dance

Galan007
Dammit my friend.. you and I both know it doesn't.. but others.. maybe not... laughing out loud big grin laughing

thumb up

TheLordofMurder
Of course, Tyrant wouldnt even want Thanos on his team; Thanos is the weak link!

Tyrant probaly pimp slaps Thanos and tells him "And stay the f**k away thieving noob!!"

Happy Dance

KuRuPT Thanosi

TheLordofMurder
Thanos got PIMP SLAPPED by a superior opponent!!

Happy Dance

Stoic
I have a hard time believing that Tyrant is below Sky Father. Thanos is Trans, but Tyrant is well above him. The tier system pertaining to Tyrant should be changed, after all, what system is perfect? Let us also not forget, or attempt to remove the Orb of power from the equation. Thanos was being amped by an external power source when he faced Tyrant.

Against Odin, Thanos went in with no help at all. Was this because he was unaware of Odin's power? Wouldn't that be completely out of character for Thanos? Come now, Thanos is so good at strategics that he was able to conquer the Universe on at least 2 separate occasions. Nah Thanos knew who he was up against, and although Odin was above him, he did not fear for his life. Against Tyrant, he took extra precautions. Then again the guy that fought Odin wasn't even the real Thanos according to the self titled comic arc.

iceman24567
Team one barely

WhiteWitchKing
Team two.

iceman24567

TheLordofMurder
You know, I had a long drawn out, serious, response to Thanosi as pertains the power levels and the relevent fights that the characters in this thread have had...

But why bother? This guy has zero capacity to hold a rational debate as pertains Thanos and, to a lesser extent, Tyrant...

Maybe I'll have a serious conversation with someone else as pertains these characters...

TheLordofMurder
@Stoic

Why should Thanos fear for his life against Odin? Odin is not a cold blooded killer; he kills only if he absolutely has to or has an excellent reason to...and undoubtably Thanos knows this.

And Odin COULD have killed Thanos; he had him on his knees defenseless...

He could have driven Gungnir straight through the back on Thanos's neck, but he didnt...why!? Because he did NOT want to kill him. If Odin wanted Thanos dead, Thanos dies right then and there and there wasnt a dam thing Thanos could have done to prevent it...

So what does Odin do while standing close to Thanos while Thanos was defenseless and on his knees!? He gives him the opportunity to yeild...

Dude, he asked him if he would yeild! That is NOT something you do to someone you are trying to kill...

So the argument that Odin was trying to kill Thanos fails horribly...

Now against DP Tyrant, Thanos was facing someone who is (in no uncertain terms) pure evil and would kill without a second thought...

Thanos was right to fear for his life against Tyrant because Tyrant WOULD have killed Thanos if he got Thanos into the same position that Odin did...

There would have been no chance to yeild; Tyrant would have taken full advantage of the oppotunity Odin had (lets assume for a moment that Thanos doesnt flee Tyrant; he stays and fights and ends up defenseless on his knees like he did against Odin) and would have slayed him horribly...

Show me the error in my logic Stoic...or are you willing to admit that I have an excellent point?

TheLordofMurder
Bump

KuRuPT Thanosi
@Stoic

Why should Thanos fear for his life against Odin? Odin is not a cold blooded killer; he kills only if he absolutely has to or has an excellent reason to...and undoubtably Thanos knows this.

He could have driven Gungnir straight through the back on Thanos's neck, but he didnt...why!? Because he did NOT want to kill him. If Odin wanted Thanos dead, Thanos dies right then and there and there wasnt a dam thing Thanos could have done to prevent it...

So what does Odin do while standing close to Thanos while Thanos was defenseless and on his knees!? He gives him the opportunity to yeild...

Dude, he asked him if he would yeild! That is NOT something you do to someone you are trying to kill...

Now against DP Tyrant, Thanos was facing someone who is (in no uncertain terms) pure evil and would kill without a second thought...

Thanos was right to fear for his life against Tyrant because Tyrant WOULD have killed Thanos if he got Thanos into the same position that Odin did...

There would have been no chance to yeild; Tyrant would have taken full advantage of the oppotunity Odin had (lets assume for a moment that Thanos doesnt flee Tyrant; he stays and fights and ends up defenseless on his knees like he did against Odin) and would have slayed him horribly...

Show me the error in my logic Stoic...or are you willing to admit that I have an excellent point?

I fail to see ANY point you made. You didn't respond to my post because you COULDN'T respond to my post.

These are the facts that are undisputable...

Thanos prepped for Tyrant and also some say had an amp to fight him as well.

Thanos didn't prep for Odin nor have an amp when he fought Odin. In fact, he wasn't going there to fight Odin at all. He was going there seeking his help. You don't Ko or Kill someone you are seeking help from for a bigger threat.

So a prepped and amped Thanos in FEWER PANELS left for fear of his life. Against Odin and not prepped or amped in many more panels... Had NO FEAR for his life nor thoughts of yielding. Those are the facts that are undisputable. Your wild imagination and speculation have no place here. You feeling like Odin could've killed Thanos is just that speculation.

Lastly, please show me a sequence of comics where Odin takes on the people that Tyrant did and comes out on top. You keep avoiding this question because you have no answer for it. Odin never made a run through people of that calibur and that easily in such a short amount of time. That poops all over anything Odin has done vs. wise...

Deadline
@Stoic

Makes perfect sense. thumb up

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Deadline
Makes perfect sense. thumb up

which part exactly?

Deadline
which part exactly?

Well for starters the fact that Odin asked Thanos to yield indicating that he was holding back. Thanos would fight Tyrant and Odin differently.

Thanos aint beating Odin. erm

KuRuPT Thanosi
Well for starters the fact that Odin asked Thanos to yield indicating that he was holding back. Thanos would fight Tyrant and Odin differently.

Thanos aint beating Odin. erm

Please point out what was wrong with my post above? Looking at their common foe.... Thanos clearly believed Tyrant to be the bigger threat and felt he was more powerful.. wouldn't you agree with that. This debate is about Tyrant vs. Odin.. not Thanos vs Odin.

Deadline
^ Actually you got some good points, still think you're wrong though. Too busy to make a post, i'll try later.

Stoic
@Stoic

Does anything about what you wrote, somehow take away from the fact that through all of the posturing on Odins part, that he was still attempting to kill Thanos? Odin was merely trying to play the old psyche him out game on Thanos when he asked him to yield. Could he have killed Thanos as you suggested? Absolutely, but Tyrant could have just as easily done the same, and with only his bare hands, no Gungnir amp.

It was clear as day from what I read in the comic. Odin was in fact trying to kill Thanos, and he wasn't kidding around with him. The kids gloves were off, and Odin was out for blood! Look, Thanos is a tough SOB, and to prove it, he took a blast from a being more powerful than Odin and survived. Do you remember the Beyonder's blast that KO'd Thanos (singular)? Odin's blasts (plural) didn't KO Thanos.

Thanos was simply fearful of Tyrant, to the point that he took months to plan a campaign against him. Not so much when it came to Odin though. Did Thanos misjudge Odins power? Was he unaware of who Odin was? Not likely. Thanos is a prep master, and he would have never embarked on a campaign, without prep if he knew that he was going to lose, or be far underpowered, or outmatched by a landslide.

This is the same guy, that had more foresight than Galactus, and stopped the Hunger from growing out of control. When you think of Thanos, think of foresight/forethought.

As for Mangog, he's a dummy, a thug, a cretin, a side kick.... he's the weak link here, because he's the slowest on the trigger. Power isn't everything, and when facing guys like Thanos and Tyrant, you have to be able to see a couple of steps into the future.

Deadline
^ sorry Bruv allowing your opponent to get off the ground while asking them to yield is not a good indication of trying to kill somebody. C'mon don't take the piss. erm

Stoic
^ sorry Bruv allowing your opponent to get off the ground while asking them to yield is not a good indication of trying to kill somebody. C'mon don't take the piss. erm

Could Tyrant have killed Thanos the moment he saw him? Yes he could have.

Was Thanos not being amped in his fight with Tyrant? Yes he was.

Was Odin using a weapon against Thanos? Yes he was.

Did Thanos bring a cosmic dart gun with him in case Odin got out of hand? No he didn't.

Was Thanos afraid of Odin? No he wasn't.

Was Thanos afraid of Tyrant? Yes he was.

Did Tyrant absorb the first blast from a fully charged Galactus? No he didn't.

Did Tyrant absorb the second blast from a fully charged Galactus? Yes he did.

Did Tyrant tank Galactus' first blast as he was hurled through the hull of Galactus' world ship? Yes he did.

Was a fully charged Galactus trying to kill Tyrant with his first blast? Yes he was.

Is it possible that Tyrant is above Trans tier, and could he in fact be as powerful as a Sky Father? I believe so.

iceman24567
No indication that Galactus blast was meant to kill and tanking a random blast from Galactus isn't as impressive as you make it out to be Thor did it recently. Either way you look at it Odins average is plenty better than Tyrants. Tyrant is definitely skyfather level though

Stoic
Originally posted by iceman24567
No indication that Galactus blast was meant to kill and tanking a random blast from Galactus isn't as impressive as you make it out to be Thor did it recently. Either way you look at it Odins average is plenty better than Tyrants. Tyrant is definitely skyfather level though

The book said that Galactus was out to kill Tyrant, he even prepared for the battle by absorbing a planet. So yea he was trying to kill Tyrant as quickly as possible (it even states it on panel). His first blast was tanked by Tyrant, which is why he was pushed through the hull of Galactus' ship. Whereas his second blast didn't push him an inch. Why? Because his second blast was absorbed. Even in Chaos Wars, Galactus was suprised that a mere Skyfather was able to survive his assault (singular). Tyrant like I just proved, was unprepared by Galactus' first blast, which was meant to kill, and shrugged it off within seconds.

I'm telling you that Tyrant is/was on the level or beyond that of a Skyfather.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I believe Tyrant to be above skyfather level but at the very least he skyfather level. I believe Ice at least agrees with that part. He at the very least is skyfather level.

TheLordofMurder
@Stoic

1) Thanos didnt prep for Odin because he had no chance to; this occured during Blood and Thunder remember? Thor was in the force block and was going to eventually get out...so they had to go to Odin immediately.

2) What are you talking about when you say Odin was playing a "psyche game" with Thanos? Just so I am clear, you say Odin was trying to kill him, but asked him if he would yeild just to f**k with him? So what would Odin had done if Thanos yeilded!? Screamed "HA HA!! STUPID NOOB" and run the spear through him??

Dont be ridiculous dude...Odin could have killed him but didnt...he aked him to yeild...ergo, he wasnt trying to kill him.

Did Odin decide to kick his ass? Yes...definitely, but he wasnt trying to kill him.

3) Thanos survived an attack from "The Maker" personality...not the Beyonder personality...big difference; the Beyonder would not have made himself vulnerable as did The Maker nor would the Beyonder have held back in their second encounter as did The Maker.

And dont doubt for one second that The Maker wasnt bringing its full power into the fight; The Maker is a Cube Being...3 Tiers above Thanos...it kills Thanos like an insect if it wasnt mentally unbalanced and not effectively weilding its power.

Even though I said I wouldnt do this, its almost impossible sometimes as he is so ridiculous with what he says but...

@Thanosi

So what if Odin never fought several heralds at once as did Tyrant; do you really doubt Odin one shots everyone in that room that Tyrant fought!? Dont be ridiculous...

Besides, the way I see it, Odin 1 shot the Silver Surfer...it took Tyrant 2 shots to put Surfer down for the fight...that tells me all I need to know.

KuRuPT Thanosi
First....

1. You're correct in that he didn't plan or prep to fight odin. At least that part you got right

2. Your second part is wild speculation on your part. There is ZERO indication that Odin could've killed Thanos.. ZERO.. Plus point to ANY narration that says Odin could've killed Thanos. You know as well as I do that this doesn't exist. Stop your rabbid stupid speculation.

These are the facts... An AMPED and PREPPED Thanos IN MUCH LESS TIME felt Tyrant power and fled. He even admitted that Tyrant would kill him if he stuck around. This is an amped and prepped Thanos mind you. Now a NON prepped Thanos WITHOUT any amps had NO fear of staying to fight Odin. He wasn't affraid of Odin and had felt his power. That speaks volumes about who Thanos thought was stronger.

The fact is LordofBlunder you can't point to ANY 10 comic run where Odin beat the likes of Surfer, BRB, Glads, Morg, Terrax, J.O.H. with ease.. Do I believe Odin could.. sure.. However, then Tyrant when on to beat an prepped and amped Thanos and made him flee for fear of his life. Then goes on to beat well fed and prepped Galactus with ease. There is ZERO indication that Odin would be able to do anything like that. In fact, when Doom had Galactus power... He ONE SHOT Odin with ease. So please point to ANY sequences of fights with Odin where he did ANYTHING close to that. You can't and won't.. Tyrant is Odin's superior plain and simple.

Stoic
@Stoic

1) Thanos didn't prep for Odin because he had no chance to; this occurred during Blood and Thunder remember? Thor was in the force block and was going to eventually get out...so they had to go to Odin immediately.

Yet Thanos had a handy dandy ACME Force Block rifle in his back closet, in case Thor got out of hand right? Not buying it all... some but not all.

2) What are you talking about when you say Odin was playing a "psyche game" with Thanos? Just so I am clear, you say Odin was trying to kill him, but asked him if he would yield just to f**k with him? So what would Odin had done if Thanos yielded!? Screamed "HA HA!! STUPID NOOB" and run the spear through him??

Don't be ridiculous dude...Odin could have killed him but didn't...he asked him to yield...ergo, he wasn't trying to kill him.

Did Odin decide to kick his ass? Yes...definitely, but he wasn't trying to kill him.

Let me ask you a question. Has anyone ever told you something, yet meant something else completely? Had Odin wanted to talk he would have opted to do so from the door. Odin is a gimp (no offense to the Odin boys out there stick out tongue ). What happened, is that Odin came out swinging; thinking that he was going to one or two shot Thanos, and when this didn't happen he tried to save face, by bytching up, and offering Thanos an easy way out. Thanos refused to yield, and the one thing bigger than the Odin Force was obliterated that very instant... Odin's overgrown ego!

In a fit to regain face (because he was being watched by all of Asgard), he once again throws a fit, and attempts to kill the Titan, which as you saw failed. Show me a scan that even slightly resembles Odin taking it easy on Thanos, and I'll show you a picture of determination, on Odin's face. No sale. Could Odin have killed Thanos? Yes but it would have taken a while.

3) Thanos survived an attack from "The Maker" personality...not the Beyonder personality...big difference; the Beyonder would not have made himself vulnerable as did The Maker nor would the Beyonder have held back in their second encounter as did The Maker.

And dont doubt for one second that The Maker wasn't bringing its full power into the fight; The Maker is a Cube Being...3 Tiers above Thanos...it kills Thanos like an insect if it wasn't mentally unbalanced and not effectively wielding its power.

Yet one blast from the Maker (Beyonder) was able to do what Odin failed to do repeatedly. The Beyonder was also stated to have been vulnerable, because of her/its choice to become mortal, so we can bump her/it down a full tier and one half. Like I said above, Odin wasn't playing around with Thanos, he was going for broke... you could see it written all over his face. Now if Odin was smiling, and prancing about like the Hulk did to Colossus, I would agree that he wasn't trying, but you know full well, that that was simply not the case.

So let me ask you a question, do you think that Thanos would fight Odin, or do you think that he would fight Mangog in this thread? If Tyrant took on Mangog, it would be over fairly quickly. Then, it would be Thanos, and Tyrant vs Odin. Odin would be dusted, and it would be a wrap.

KuRuPT Thanosi
We don't normally agree Stoic.. but in this case.. we do

OneDumbG0
There are ranges of holding back. For example: (i) you can not fight at all, (ii) you can fight jokingly, (iii)you can fight half-heartedly, and (iv) you can fight to make someone give up but not give it your utmost.

Nobody's really suggesting that Odin wasn't fighting at all or was doing it jokingly. He wanted to humiliate Thanos into submission. Odin was doing (iv) and still wasn't being hurt. Considering Odin's feats when going all-out, he'd kill Thanos.

Other than being specially built to eat Galactus' energies, I don't see anything Tyrant did that Odin wouldn't be capable of. Tyrant fought several high heralds simultaneously, true. Mostly because he was capable of one-shotting most of them, true. Odin could do that. He one-shotted PG Drax and one-shotted Surfer. Had you thrown in Gladiator or Morg, they'd have been one-shotted in quick succession also.

And yes, Tyrant can literally eat Galactus' attacks. So Tyrant getting knocked around by Galactus and surviving isn't exactly a durability feat.

Stoic
Tyrant also took it easy on his food, because as you could clearly see, he was playing with them. Odin was all up in arms over them being there. Could Odin have simply used more force on them than Tyrant? Could Tyrant have killed the Surfer if he really wanted to? In both cases when he fought the Herald's, his greater scheme, was to use them to strengthen his campaign against Galan.

OneDumbG0
^ If you want to speculate that Odin was trying harder than Tyrant to one-shot Surfer, prove it. I'm not here to make your argument for you.

Stoic
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
There are ranges of holding back. For example: (i) you can not fight at all, (ii) you can fight jokingly, (iii)you can fight half-heartedly, and (iv) you can fight to make someone give up but not give it your utmost.

Nobody's really suggesting that Odin wasn't fighting at all or was doing it jokingly. He wanted to humiliate Thanos into submission. Odin was doing (iv) and still wasn't being hurt. Considering Odin's feats when going all-out, he'd kill Thanos.

Other than being specially built to eat Galactus' energies, I don't see anything Tyrant did that Odin wouldn't be capable of. Tyrant fought several high heralds simultaneously, true. Mostly because he was capable of one-shotting most of them, true. Odin could do that. He one-shotted PG Drax and one-shotted Surfer. Had you thrown in Gladiator or Morg, they'd have been one-shotted in quick succession also.

And yes, Tyrant can literally eat Galactus' attacks. So Tyrant getting knocked around by Galactus and surviving isn't exactly a durability feat.

The first assault on Tyrant by Galactus was a durability feat. The second one wasn't. Notice that Tyrant was hurled through a bulk head by Galan's premiere assault, and notice that Galan's second assault was unable to push him an inch. You know I'm right on this point ODG.

^ If you want to speculate that Odin was trying harder than Tyrant to one-shot Surfer, prove it. I'm not here to make your argument for you.

If you don't agree, let's chalk it up to a divergence of opinions.

Tyrant did not want to kill any of the Herald's, they were more valuable to him as sources of energy, so that he could launch a successful campaign against Galactus. Who's intent was to wipe the cosmos clean of Tyrant's existence, as written on panel.

Odin's motivations were different than Tyrant's.... I mean most people steam their veggies so as not to lose too many nutrients, as opposed to flat out boiling them. Could a similar situation have been attempted by Tyrant?

OneDumbG0
^ I know that Tyrant stated outright that what Galactus was attacking him with, was in fact, something Tyrant could feed upon.

And on comparisons with Odin, again, not my job to make my argument for you. DP Tyrant one-shotted high heralds in quick succession while being attacked by others like bowling pins. So did Odin. Odin just didn't have as many bowling pins.

Stoic
^ I know that Tyrant stated outright that what Galactus was attacking him with, was in fact, something Tyrant could feed upon.

And on comparisons with Odin, again, not my job to make my argument for you. DP Tyrant one-shotted high heralds in quick succession while being attacked by others like bowling pins. So did Odin. Odin just didn't have as many bowling pins.

I agree with you on the latter, but it was clear that tyrant did not absorb Galan's first assault. You'll notice how he screams in pain from the first volley, but laughs during the second assault.

Why is that? because his second was absorbed, while the first was unexpected. Tyrant had to mentally switch to leech mode, he's not in absorption mode at all times. it is an instant reaction for him, but he has to activate it as seen on panel.

Why do you insist on telling me that you won't argue for me? I don't need you to argue for me ODG (no offense), I'm stating what was seen on panel. I'll let the truth argue for me, and if I somehow missed something, you or someone else should correct me. I have no problem with correction.

People around here seem to believe that tyrant is below the Sky Father line, while he is clearly above this. Do you believe that i think that it would be a walk in the park for Tyrant if he fought Odin? No I don't. I do think he would win quite a few though if they fought, and as a biological form, I don't see any reason why he wouldn't absorb Odin's blasts like he did to Galactus. Speculative? Yes, but who can prove the contrary?

OneDumbG0
^ Yeah, and despite Tyrant's scream, he literally stated outloud that same exact blast was only empowering him further. Pain and empowerment aren't necessarily dispositive of each other. I could throw many examples at you of this. But as we see from Tyrant's own statement, this very incident is just another example that pain and empowerment aren't necessarily dispositive of each other:

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/priest_85/SilverSurferv3108p09.jpg

Tyrant didn't do anything, other than eat Galactus' B-Es, that Odin couldn't do, IMHO.

Stoic
^ Yeah, and despite Tyrant's scream, he literally stated outloud that same exact blast was only empowering him further. Pain and empowerment aren't necessarily dispositive of each other. I could throw many examples at you of this. But as we see from Tyrant's own statement, this very incident is just another example that pain and empowerment aren't necessarily dispositive of each other:

Tyrant didn't do anything, other than eat Galactus' B-Es, that Odin couldn't do, IMHO.

Where's the second assault? Tyrant was blind sided by Galan's first assault, he didn't absorb it, if he did then it would have made more sense if the second assault hurled him back again. Did this happen? No. Why? Because the first was not absorbed, while the second was.

See what you want, and I will see what I want pertaining to this. Just remember that these characters have huge egos, and Tyrant could have easily said what he did in jest. It's like getting punched in the face, falling over while screaming, and then telling the guy that clocked you that it didn't hurt. Like I said, see it the way you want, but I'm going with what i saw, and Tyrant was sucker punched, and unready for the first assault.

ODG sorry, I am wrong, I read your scan and it inplicitly states, that Tyrant was absorbing the blast. Although the force was still something that could hurt or take out a Sky Father, as Galactus was amazed that Zeus was able to walk away from. You were right though. I've changed my stance for the most part.

zopzop
@Stoic and OneDumbGO

Did you guys read the latest issue of Chaos War? If not and you if you don't want to see spoilers stop reading now and ignore my post.

Highlight SPOILERS

In it, Galactus blasted Zeus, Hera, and Ares with intent to kill. Yet Zeus survived. Galactus was amazed and commented "Impossible! No mere skyfather could resist...."

The same Galactus that had to devour a planet to be at his best to face down DP Tyrant.

And now to play devil's advocate, in Odin's defense, he has feats that dwarf any skyfather and almost all abstracts.

Stoic
Originally posted by zopzop
@Stoic and OneDumbGO

Did you guys read the latest issue of Chaos War? If not and you if you don't want to see spoilers stop reading now and ignore my post.

Highlight SPOILERS

In it, Galactus blasted Zeus, Hera, and Ares with intent to kill. Yet Zeus survived. Galactus was amazed and commented "Impossible! No mere skyfather could resist...."

The same Galactus that had to devour a planet to be at his best to face down DP Tyrant.

And now to play devil's advocate, in Odin's defense, he has feats that dwarf any skyfather and almost all abstracts.

Zeus was being amped by Amatsu Mikaboshi. Not quite the same. Galactus was surprised because no normal Sky father could take such a shot in his past. remember Galan has been around for a long time, and he knows what level Zeus is supposed to be on. He was above his norm. Also to flat out say that Odin far outstrips Zeus may be a tad speculative unless they have fought, and Zeus lost. Did they?

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Stoic
Where's the second assault? Tyrant was blind sided by Galan's first assault, he didn't absorb it, if he did then it would have made more sense if the second assault hurled him back again. Did this happen? No. Why? Because the first was not absorbed, while the second was.

See what you want, and I will see what I want pertaining to this. Just remember that these characters have huge egos, and Tyrant could have easily said what he did in jest. It's like getting punched in the face, falling over while screaming, and then telling the guy that clocked you that it didn't hurt. Like I said, see it the way you want, but I'm going with what i saw, and Tyrant was sucker punched, and unready for the first assault.

ODG sorry, I am wrong, I read your scan and it inplicitly states, that Tyrant was absorbing the blast. Although the force was still something that could hurt or take out a Sky Father, as Galactus was amazed that Zeus was able to walk away from. You were right though. I've changed my stance for the most part. I don't see how I'm wrong. Your post is confusing. That's not an insult, I just don't understand it. You kept arguing that Galactus' first assault wasn't absorbed by Tyrant because Tyrant was screaming in pain and laughing with all of Galactus' other assaults.

I just showed you that right after being hit by Galactus' first assault (the one you keep saying he didn't absorb) Tyrant literally states that Galactus is foolishly empowering Tyrant.

Pain and empowerment aren't necessarily dispositive with each other. Here, that's pretty much outright stated:

Stoic
I don't see how I'm wrong. Your post is confusing. That's not an insult, I just don't understand it. You kept arguing that Galactus' first assault wasn't absorbed by Tyrant because Tyrant was screaming in pain and laughing with all of Galactus' other assaults.

I just showed you that right after being hit by Galactus' first assault (the one you keep saying he didn't absorb) Tyrant literally states that Galactus is foolishly empowering Tyrant.

Pain and empowerment aren't necessarily dispositive with each other. Here, that's pretty much outright stated:

No I retracted my statement at the end, I just chose to keep the rest there to show my goof. Disregard the begining, and go with the end. I agree with you for the most part, but the impact was very real, and more than enough to either put a Sky Father out or at the very least injure one. The initial impact however was a durability feat, or Tyrant would not have screamed. Meaning the point of impact hurt like a bytch, even though it was absorbed.

OneDumbG0
^ Well I don't agree. If Odin could absorb B-Es like Tyrant could, I see Odin reacting exactly the same or better, not far worse.

Stoic
And that is where who did better against Thanos comes into play. Could Tyrant have seen Thanos as another fly in his web? What do you think would have happened to Thanos if Tyrant was given the chance to put him down? We both know that it was coming. Hence the reason for Thanos' swift retreat.

Tyrant wasn't going all out on Thanos, while Odin appeared to have been using more emotion or trying harder to put Thanos down. It's was clear that Odin's motivations differed from Tyrant's, and it was also clear that Thanos used an item of power to survive Tyrant's assaults. Whereas Odin took out Gungnir on an unarmed opponent. Gugnir clearly brought it up a notch for Odin, or he would have never pulled it out of that pocket dimension.

Your argument still does not negate that it was a durability feat for Tyrant. The impact was real, and Tyrant seemed far more prepared for a second volley, which had no impact. Did Tyrant absorb the kinetic energy in the second volley as well?

OneDumbG0
And that is where who did better against Thanos comes into play. Could Tyrant have seen Thanos as another fly in his web? What do you think would have happened to Thanos if Tyrant was given the chance to put him down? We both know that it was coming. Hence the reason for Thanos' swift retreat.

Tyrant wasn't going all out on Thanos, while Odin appeared to have been using more emotion or trying harder to put Thanos down. It's was clear that Odin's motivations differed from Tyrant's, and it was also clear that Thanos used an item of power to survive Tyrant's assaults. Whereas Odin took out Gungnir on an unarmed opponent. Gugnir clearly brought it up a notch for Odin, or he would have never pulled it out of that pocket dimension. I understand that's what you see when you read it. But going on character traits: Tyrant's a ruthless bastard. Odin's a wise, but haughty bastard. I see Tyrant's force of personality leading to Tyrant trying to beat down Thanos more ruthlessly than Odin's would. Ultimately, it's far less subjective to just look at hard comparisons. Because if you take Tyrant's best feats and Odin's best feats -- while responsibly disregarding circumstantial feats that involve Tyrant's ability to absorb Galactus' attacks -- Odin was more likely to have been holding back than Tyrant, Tyrant having to deal with Thanos' amp notwithstanding. Originally posted by Stoic
Your argument still does not negate that it was a durability feat for Tyrant. The impact was real, and Tyrant seemed far more prepared for a second volley, which had no impact. Did Tyrant absorb the kinetic energy in the second volley as well? Trying to quantify how much damage Tyrant took, as opposed to energy absorbed, is a distraction. Like I said, if you gave Odin the ability to eat B-Es, I see Odin taking that blast just the same or better. Not far worse.

zopzop
Zeus was being amped by Amatsu Mikaboshi. Not quite the same.

Yes you are correct. Mika was actually living inside and powering "Zeus". I meant to add that Galactus sees Skyfathers as well beneath him in terms of power. It got lost when I was setting up the "SPOILER" font color. LOL. That teaches me to act cool.

OneDumbG0
^ Use to start the warning and than to end it.

Replace the * with a /

Like this:

This is how not to spoil.

Stoic
^ Use to start the warning and than to end it.

Replace the * with a /

Like this:

This is how not to spoil.

Yea but he got cool with it and made the text invisible by turning it white.

I agree with some of your last post, but I also know that Tyrant had an agenda, and that was to kill Galactus. Thanos would have been a welcome Orb in his campaign if he were able to KO him, but Thanos knowing this left before Tyrant could carry out this plan. Like I said they both had different motives when dealing with Thanos, and the Heralds. I do not see Odin having a hard time with the same group that Tyrant KO'd.

We can't really compare Odin's upper level feats to Tyrant's because Odin has so many more appearances. The only commonality that they share is how well they did against Thanos. Odin did have a weapon as mentioned, and Thanos was unarmed, Whereas Thanos had an amp, and Tyrant had no weapon. Imagine if Tyrant pulled out a mythical super weapon called Busturassup, and used it on Thanos. I think that there was more to Tyrant's battle plan than meets the eye.

OneDumbG0
I agree with some of your last post, but I also know that Tyrant had an agenda, and that was to kill Galactus. Thanos would have been a welcome Orb in his campaign if he were able to KO him, but Thanos knowing this left before Tyrant could carry out this plan. Like I said they both had different motives when dealing with Thanos, and the Heralds. I do not see Odin having a hard time with the same group that Tyrant KO'd. Ok. If you want to exhaust this line of inquiry, let's run with it. Did Tyrant express interest in using Thanos as a specimen? Originally posted by Stoic
We can't really compare Odin's upper level feats to Tyrant's because Odin has so many more appearances. The only commonality that they share is how well they did against Thanos. Odin did have a weapon as mentioned, and Thanos was unarmed, Whereas Thanos had an amp, and Tyrant had no weapon. Imagine if Tyrant pulled out a mythical super weapon called Busturassup, and used it on Thanos. I think that there was more to Tyrant's battle plan than meets the eye. Focusing on just how they both reacted to Thanos completely ignores how Odin was relatively unphased by Thanos' attacks while Tyrant was getting knocked around by Thanos' amped attacks...

... if you want to mince words/illustrations/circumstances.

quanchi112
@Nuul

Thanos stalemates Odin my ass; Odin was dominating him and Thanos was unable to do any harm to Odin whatsoever... Odin was trying to kill him and couldn't even ko Tyhanos who wasn't trying to kill Odin. With current Thanos he solos the paid of them.

LoL@Thanosi....

Thanos couldnt even bulge or even scratch Odin; Thanos even got PIMP SLAPPED by Odin...but Thanos was laying some wood on Tyrant...that tells me all I need to know.

Thanos was Odins b***h...plain and simple.

Thanos didnt want to give up against Odin because his ego couldnt stand getting beat up like that; therefore Thanos was determined to fight on until he did "something" significant to Odin (which he completely FAILED to do)...

Against DP Tyrant, Thanos saw that he could harm him and make Tyrant feel his blows...so he was able to leave that fight with a clear mind.

Odin>>DP Tyrant

Happy Dance False.Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Thanos got PIMP SLAPPED by a superior opponent!!

Happy Dance Odin's words say otherwise.

psycho gundam
^ come on brah, we all know odin is on a higher plane than thanos when it comes to fighting, which is a massive understatement.

brains, def thanos, but i'd be stupid to think thanos is anywhere near as potent as odin's full might.

this is coming from a fellow thanos fan

OneDumbG0
http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/4668/quanchi0004ho.jpg

Stoic
Ok. If you want to exhaust this line of inquiry, let's run with it. Did Tyrant express interest in using Thanos as a specimen? Focusing on just how they both reacted to Thanos completely ignores how Odin was relatively unphased by Thanos' attacks while Tyrant was getting knocked around by Thanos' amped attacks...

... if you want to mince words/illustrations/circumstances.

Thanos was being amped to an unknown degree, he could have been amped to x10 by the orb, who can tell. Let's use The Herald scale, and be honest when answering. How well do you think that Thanos would do if he fought the combined forces of: Jack of Hearts, Ganymede, Terrax, Gladiator, Beta Ray Bill, Morg, and The Silver Surfer. Would they absolutely tear him apart? When considering that Morg alone could give him a fight.

psycho gundam
he used the orb like starlord used the almost burnt out cosmic cube, imo there was no "amp" outside of having an object that could fire powerful beams (and pistol whip)

OneDumbG0
Thanos was being amped to an unknown degree, he could have been amped to x10 by the orb, who can tell. Let's use The Herald scale, and be honest when answering. How well do you think that Thanos would do if he fought the combined forces of: Jack of Hearts, Ganymede, Terrax, Gladiator, Beta Ray Bill, Morg, and The Silver Surfer. Would they absolutely tear him apart? When considering that Morg alone could give him a fight. Right. I understand you'd like to arbitrarily quantify the amp the Orb provided to make it seem like DP Tyrant was way over Odin.

Fact is, I don't see Odin doing any worse than DP Tyrant in any situation he was put in -- so long as you gave him B-E eating capabilities. Thanos is really irrelevant here. Much to your chagrin, I'm sure.

Stoic
Right. I understand you'd like to arbitrarily quantify the amp the Orb provided to make it seem like DP Tyrant was way over Odin.

Fact is, I don't see Odin doing any worse than DP Tyrant in any situation he was put in -- so long as you gave him B-E eating capabilities. Thanos is really irrelevant here. Much to your chagrin, I'm sure.

Now that you mention it, I guess my motivations for the question had a lot to do with Tyrant vs Odin in power, but it also had to do with how well people thought Thanos would do against 7 mid to high Heralds. It even gives me an idea to launch a thread on the subject.

The thing is, if Thanos would be torn to pieces by the Heralds, it would show how much the Orb did amp his abilities, because they were easy prey to Tyrant, and Thanos gave him a fight. You however didn't answer the question.

Stoic
Originally posted by psycho gundam
he used the orb like starlord used the almost burnt out cosmic cube, imo there was no "amp" outside of having an object that could fire powerful beams (and pistol whip)

Therefore your mind is closed to the possibility that Thanos did not need an amp to go up against Tyrant, and even without it he would do just as well, against Tyrant under his own steam. Is this what you are saying? if that is what you are saying, why didn't Thanos just open a portal to his ship, and toss the orb through it? After all it would be just a trinket to him.

OneDumbG0
^ Tyrant fought Surfer, Gladiator, Beta Ray Bill, Morg, Terrax and Ganymede. Six in total.

Considering that Odin one-shotted PG Drax and Surfer in quick succession... the latter while Thanos was attacking him... I see Odin simply batting away another 4 mid-high heralds.

Especially if Odin had a bunch of high-powered automatons protecting him and running interference the entire time and 2 of those remaining mid-high heralds ended up fighting each other...

... which is what actually happened with Tyrant.

Stoic
^ Tyrant fought Surfer, Gladiator, Beta Ray Bill, Morg, Terrax and Ganymede. Six in total.

Considering that Odin one-shotted PG Drax and Surfer in quick succession... the latter while Thanos was attacking him... I see Odin simply batting away another 4 mid-high heralds.

Especially if Odin had a bunch of high-powered automatons protecting him and running interference the entire time and 2 of those remaining mid-high heralds ended up fighting each other...

... which is what actually happened with Tyrant.

Jack of Hearts. You forgot about Jack. You also didn't answer the question, I never asked how well Odin would do against the Seven Heralds, I know that he would do well. My question was how well would Thanos do against the Heralds.

psycho gundam
Therefore your mind is closed to the possibility that Thanos did not need an amp to go up against Tyrant, and even without it he would do just as well, against Tyrant under his own steam. Is this what you are saying? if that is what you are saying, why didn't Thanos just open a portal to his ship, and toss the orb through it? After all it would be just a trinket to him. cause he would lose an item that can fire powerful blasts, like i said earlier.

also, he wanted to use the thing against tyrant apparently

OneDumbG0
Jack of Hearts. You forgot about Jack. You also didn't answer the question, I never asked how well Odin would do against the Seven Heralds, I know that he would do well. My question was how well would Thanos do against the Heralds. Jack of Hearts wasn't really part of the simultaneous assult. In any case...

... the answer to your question is: worse than Tyrant and Odin would.

Stoic
cause he would lose an item that can fire powerful blasts, like i said earlier.

also, he wanted to use the thing against tyrant apparently

Even though his punches clearly rocked Tyrant when he hit him in the face with the same hand that held the Orb? Why would Tyrant have been after the Heralds in the first place if he wasn't siphoning power into the Orb? Tyrant wanted to completely destroy Galactus right? What was the purpose of leeching their power? The Orb was a power amplification device, that Tyrant was going to use to assist him in defeating Galactus, am I correct? What was Tyrant's story from the get go?

psycho gundam

... the answer to your question is: worse than Tyrant and Odin would. that's right, "and" and not "or"? shifty

Even though his punches clearly rocked Tyrant when he hit him in the face with the same hand that held the Orb? Why would Tyrant have been after the Heralds in the first place if he wasn't siphoning power into the Orb? Tyrant wanted to completely destroy Galactus right? What was the purpose of leeching their power? The Orb was a power amplification device, that Tyrant was going to use to assist him in defeating Galactus, am I correct? What was tyrant's story from the get go? if you're insinuating that the orb made thanos stronger just by holding it, that's debatable.

Stoic
Jack of Hearts wasn't really part of the simultaneous assult. In any case...

... the answer to your question is: worse than Tyrant and Odin would.

Would the Heralds have beaten Thanos, or would Thanos have beaten them? Jack was in the entourage, therefore it was 7 Heralds on the scene, and not 6.

Stoic

if you're insinuating that the orb made thanos stronger just by holding it, that's debatable.

Then why didn't he drop the Orb when they had a test of strength? It was just used as a pistol whipping/energy blasting device from what your beliefs stem from. Is this a correct assessment?

psycho gundam
people get their registered handguns stolen all the time, and sometimes they get shot trying to stop the robbers.

kidding aside, the meat of the matter is that thanos didn't want to be as strong as dp tyrant via amp as you seem to be insinuating, he wanted to steal what tyrant was going to use to make himself regain his full power's back. thanos sees that it packs a punch and promptly goes to his lair and studies it..the end

the tyrant fight was almost a pallet swap of his fight with odin, minus the orb ofcoarse wink

OneDumbG0
Even though his punches clearly rocked Tyrant when he hit him in the face with the same hand that held the Orb? Why would Tyrant have been after the Heralds in the first place if he wasn't siphoning power into the Orb? Tyrant wanted to completely destroy Galactus right? What was the purpose of leeching their power? The Orb was a power amplification device, that Tyrant was going to use to assist him in defeating Galactus, am I correct? What was Tyrant's story from the get go? ... I'm sure Thanos would have affected Odin more if Thanos used that Orb against him also. As it stands, Thanos didn't hurt Odin at all.

You keep begging questions and none of them seem to get to the heart of the issue here: there is nothing Tyrant did -- aside from being inherently able to absorb B-Es -- that Odin couldn't do. And in terms of overall feats... Odin has Tyrant beat.

What else needs to be said to rebut your position that Tyrant was beyond a skyfather like Odin?

psycho gundam
And in terms of overall feats... Odin has Tyrant beat. Originally posted by psycho gundam
which is a massive understatement.

Stoic
people get their registered handguns stolen all the time, and sometimes they get shot trying to stop the robbers.

kidding aside, the meat of the matter is that thanos didn't want to be as strong as dp tyrant via amp as you seem to be insinuating, he wanted to steal what tyrant was going to use to make himself regain his full power's back. thanos sees that it packs a punch and promptly goes to his lair and studies it..the end

the tyrant fight was almost a pallet swap of his fight with odin, minus the orb ofcoarse wink

Then Why didn't Thanos just open a portal and toss the dictionary ( this is what you believe that it was correct?) through it and onto his ship?

Yet Thanos' fight with Odin had another element in it that you failed to mention. No worries I'll remind you. Odin fought Thanos while being armed with Gugnir, while Thanos was unarmed. Was Gungnir Odin's dictionary as well? In retrospect, Thanos fought Tyrant with an Orb in his hand, while tyrant was unarmed. It is your belief that the Orb was a simple dictionary, or a pistol whipping/energy blaster correct? Wait how does that make sense if Thanos can use energy blasts without the Orb?

How do you somehow ignore Thanos rocking Tyrant with a punch, that had the Orb in the hand that hit Tyrant in the face, clearly stunning him? Why would Tyrant require the knowledge of Beta Ray Bill in order to defeat Galactus, or Ganymede, or Jack of Hearts? Or Gladiator? They would have nothing to do with Galactus. In fact tyrant knows galactus likely better than even the Silver Surfer, or any other Herald that Galactus had made.

You never answered the question about The Herald Scale. Who would win in a fight, the 7 Heralds or Thanos? Consider this when you answer, Morg did well against Thanos on his own, now throw in six others, and how well do you think he would do? It's ok if you don't want to answer. I have an idea how the battle would turn out.

Stoic
... I'm sure Thanos would have affected Odin more if Thanos used that Orb against him also. As it stands, Thanos didn't hurt Odin at all.

You keep begging questions and none of them seem to get to the heart of the issue here: there is nothing Tyrant did -- aside from being inherently able to absorb B-Es -- that Odin couldn't do. And in terms of overall feats... Odin has Tyrant beat.

What else needs to be said to rebut your position that Tyrant was beyond a skyfather like Odin?

Oh no! You've gotten me wrong ODG. I only believe that Tyrant would be able to take a few from Odin, but if he were able to absorb Odins blasts my opinion of how many would rise to a strong majority in tyrant's favor. I would also hope that Odin had better feats than Tyrant, he's been around for a lot longer, so Tyrant can't compete there. It however does not rebuke, or somehow deny that Tyrant could hang with any Sky Father, or prove a lack of power in so doing.

psycho gundam
you're trying to make me flame you, and though i'm a bit tired i will keep resisting it

trying to equate that orb with gugnir won't work cause they are not the same..... gugnir is like playing hockey with a hockey stick compared to just using your own arm...just with energy (shitty analogy but what the phuck ever). gugnir adds no power to odin but rather allows him to direct his power better, tyrant's orbs are like rechargeable batteries he makes to one day get some revenge on galactus. hopefully you managed to see the several hundred he had in his secret stash.

i guess thanos just needed one tiny one to be as strong as tyrant was using your logic here.

as far as i'm concerened, thanos didn't need any sort of amp to do what he did to tyrant

Stoic
you're trying to make me flame you, and though i'm a bit tired i will keep resisting it

trying to equate that orb with gugnir won't work cause they are not the same..... gugnir is like playing hockey with a hockey stick compared to just using your own arm...just with energy (shitty analogy but what the phuck ever). gugnir adds no power to odin but rather allows him to direct his power better, tyrant's orbs are like rechargeable batteries he makes to one day get some revenge on galactus. hopefully you managed to see the several hundred he had in his secret stash.

i guess thanos just needed one tiny one to be as strong as tyrant was using your logic here.

as far as i'm concerened, thanos didn't need any sort of amp to do what he did to tyrant

No need to flame, I was about to call it quits on the subject anyways, I'll just chalk it up to what I believe, and leave others to their belief. You know my stance.

ODG showed me why Tyrant would do better against Galactus than most, and I left it alone. The Orb in my opinion, and with great reason, amped Thanos by a decent amount. This of course, is only if you subscribe to how well Thanos did against Morg without the Orb, and would take time to consider how poorly Morg would do against Tyrant, even with the Help of a Team of Heralds.

However you have to admit, that Gungnir gave the unarmed Thanos a unfair disadvantage.

TheLordofMurder
@Stoic

I, too, think we have exhausted what could be said as pertains Odin/Thanos/DP Tyrant...so I'll comment on something we touched upon earlier; The Maker.

I am not surprised at all that The Maker was able to one shot Thanos when it was mad...its a freaking Cube Being...at its full potential, it would "OMGWTFLOLOLOLOL" own Odin, DP Tyrant, and Thanos at the same time.

This also speaks volumes as to how much it had gimped itself powerwise when it faced Thanos the 2nd time; a Cube Being got beaten by a Trans Tier...thats how gimp it was at that point in time.

So it was much weaker than "a full tier and a half" when Thanos beat it; a tier and a half would still make it a very high Skyfather or somewhere between Skyfather and Elder God...and it clearly was operating at a much lower level during its Thanos fight.

TheLordofMurder
Oh and I'll answer the question you asked ODG; I personally think that Thanos would get ripped apart against 7 mid to high heralds at once...

Thats just my honest opinion though...

Edit: Ripped apart might be too strong of a description, but I definitely think Thanos loses against those odds...

While its very true that Thanos beat the hell out of Surfer, he was facing him one on one and thus could focus on Surfer exclusively...

Here, he'd have the other six attacking him whenever he attempts to focus on one of them...and even with his great durability, Thanos wouldnt be able to ignore the efforts of 6 mid to high heralds at once (7 if the 7th herald could get in some shots while Thanos is attacking him)...

DarkOdin
No need to flame, I was about to call it quits on the subject anyways, I'll just chalk it up to what I believe, and leave others to their belief. You know my stance.

ODG showed me why Tyrant would do better against Galactus than most, and I left it alone. The Orb in my opinion, and with great reason, amped Thanos by a decent amount. This of course, is only if you subscribe to how well Thanos did against Morg without the Orb, and would take time to consider how poorly Morg would do against Tyrant, even with the Help of a Team of Heralds.

However you have to admit, that Gungnir gave the unarmed Thanos a unfair disadvantage. NOt really considering thanos was literily geting back handed and tossed around before gungir showed up.

Stoic
Originally posted by DarkOdin
NOt really considering thanos was literily geting back handed and tossed around before gungir showed up.

Hmmm... So maybe I'll ask you the same question. How well do you think that Thanos would do against, Jack of Hearts, Ganymede, Terrax, Gladiator, Beta Ray Bill, The Silver Surfer, and Morg? Let's see what your answer will be if you consider that Morg alone was doing well against Thanos. So?

Stoic
Oh and I'll answer the question you asked ODG; I personally think that Thanos would get ripped apart against 7 mid to high heralds at once...

Thats just my honest opinion though...

Edit: Ripped apart might be too strong of a description, but I definitely think Thanos loses against those odds...

While its very true that Thanos beat the hell out of Surfer, he was facing him one on one and thus could focus on Surfer exclusively...

Here, he'd have the other six attacking him whenever he attempts to focus on one of them...and even with his great durability, Thanos wouldnt be able to ignore the efforts of 6 mid to high heralds at once (7 if the 7th herald could get in some shots while Thanos is attacking him)...

Yet he did well against Tyrant who used them all like mops... hmmm. This is why I have no doubt that Thanos was amped by the Orb.

janus77
Tyrant FTW. even depowered, he should be well above skyfather. Thanos alone is good enough to keep Odin busy (and of course, currently Thanos is undying no expression).

TheLordofMurder
@Stoic

We are in full agreement that that Orb amped Thanos during his battle against DP Tyrant....

Nihilist
Team 1 ftw, and laughing out loud at Thanos being tossed around before Odin used his spear, he got moved a a few feet at best.

Silent Master
By a pimp slap.

DarkOdin
Originally posted by Silent Master
By a pimp slap. Some fail to see the point

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Nihilist
Team 1 ftw, and laughing out loud at Thanos being tossed around before Odin used his spear, he got moved a a few feet at best.
There was still the clear indication that Odin was superior to Thanos with or without Gungnir.

Nihilist
A pimp salp backed up by energy.

DarkOdin
A pimp salp backed up by energy. All under his own power and again when Thanos grabed Gungir Odin tossed his purple butt across the asgard Thanos go not stand up to Odin with or with out gungir The gap between Odin is Thanos is a wide one.

Nihilist
Originally posted by Omega Vision
There was still the clear indication that Odin was superior to Thanos with or without Gungnir. Did i say there wasnt a clear indictation that Odin wasnt more powerful ? no i didnt, so learn to read before you start crying over it. If people wanna lie and say he was getting tossed about before his used his spear, fine do that if it saves face for Odin.

vince_slice
There was still the clear indication that Odin was superior to Thanos with or without Gungnir.

Not really.

Odin and Thanos seemed pretty even until Odin whipped out the Gungnir.

Nihilist
All under his own power and again when Thanos grabed Gungir Odin tossed his purple butt across the asgard Thanos go not stand up to Odin with or with out gungir The gap between Odin is Thanos is a wide one. Dont lie about what you said in the first place and then you wont get pulled up on it and look stupid. And so what if Odin used his own power, so did Thanos and again why do you still cry over the power gap no one thinks Thanos was Odin lvl anyway.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by vince_slice
Not really.

Odin and Thanos seemed pretty even until Odin whipped out the Gungnir.
How is firing one blast and failing to do a thing and then subsequently getting pimp smacked and knocked off his axis any indication that Thanos was "even" with Odin?

Did i say there wasnt a clear indictation that Odin wasnt more powerful ? no i didnt, so learn to read before you start crying over it. If people wanna lie and say he was getting tossed about before his used his spear, fine do that if it saves face for Odin.
You should listen to your own advice and not try to read things in my post that weren't there.

I didn't say that he was "tossing Thanos around" before he broke out Gungnir, just that even before he got Gungnir the fight was already in Odin's favor. Gungnir was just brought in to expedite things.

DarkOdin
Dont lie about what you said in the first place and then you wont get pulled up on it and look stupid. And so what if Odin used his own power, so did Thanos and again why do you still cry over the power gap no one thinks Thanos was Odin lvl anyway. laughing You are down playing the fight pure and simple.

Thanos used he energy through the fihgt too and it was useless an amped punch by thanos was block by odin with one are amped. Then odin follow it by an open back hand then you claim that odin only moved thanos with gungir funny thing that is also wrong

http://img221.imageshack.us/i/warlockandtheinfinitywatch25bl1.jpg/

Here thanos is holding gungir with odin and what happens to poor thanos

i am merely correcting you as to what happend in the fight eek!

Silent Master
A pimp salp backed up by energy.

Compared to Thanos' punch(backed by energy) that didn't even make Odin blink.

Nihilist
Compared to Thanos' punch(backed by energy) that didn't even make Odin blink. So youre point? as we were talking about Thanos not getting tossed around before Odin used the spear as Darkodiin lied about and said he did, oh and Odin had to gaurd himself from Thanos punch, so not even blinking is another false statement.

Omega Vision
So youre point? as we were talking about Thanos not getting tossed around before Odin used the spear as Darkodiin lied about and said he did, oh and Odin had to gaurd himself from Thanos punch, so not even blinking is another false statement.
He might have exaggerated, but Odin was winning before he got Gungnir.

You attempting to lead the argument away from that by calling DarkOdin a liar based on his exaggerations (which seems to be a fairly common trait of his) doesn't really change that fact.

Silent Master
Point is that a backhand by Odin had far more effect than a punch from Thanos.

Plus, prove that Odin "had" to block the punch.

Nihilist
laughing You are down playing the fight pure and simple.

Thanos used he energy through the fihgt too and it was useless an amped punch by thanos was block by odin with one are amped. Then odin follow it by an open back hand then you claim that odin only moved thanos with gungir funny thing that is also wrong

http://img221.imageshack.us/i/warlockandtheinfinitywatch25bl1.jpg/

Here thanos is holding gungir with odin and what happens to poor thanos

i am merely correcting you as to what happend in the fight eek! Have you ever read the fight, it doesnt look like it because that scan is after Odin gets the gungir and knocks Thanos across asgard and then Thanos forces his way through Odin blasts and grabs the spear. So the fact is you lied plain and simple Odin barely moved Thanos before he used the spear, just save face and admit you are wrong and lied.

vince_slice
How is firing one blast and failing to do a thing and then subsequently getting pimp smacked and knocked off his axis any indication that Thanos was "even" with Odin?

The next panel you see Thanos perfectly fine, unscratched, and even mocking Odin.

The initial fight still seemed pretty even, with Odin having a slight advantage but I don't think it was as big as people make it out to be. The avantage was really made clear when Odin took out the Gungnir.

Silent Master
Pretty even?

Ok, please show the scans of Thanos knocking Odin down with a backhand and later sending him flying with an energy blast.

Nihilist
He might have exaggerated, but Odin was winning before he got Gungnir. Did i say Odin wasnt winning, no i have always said Odin was winning/and would have won if the fight had gone on.

If he wants to make shit up thats his own fault not mine.

Nihilist
Point is that a backhand by Odin had far more effect than a punch from Thanos.Another trollish point that had nothing to do with what we were talking about, he didnt get tossed aroung before the spear,fact.

laughing out loud youre sad snake eyes, he gaurded himself from Thanos second blast and then a punch by raising his arm(s) to stop getting hit.

Omega Vision
^I don't see what he had to guard against though. Thanos's attack fizzled when it hit Odin.
Did i say Odin wasnt winning, no i have always said Odin was winning/and would have won if the fight had gone on.

If he wants to make shit up thats his own fault not mine.
Okay so why not just ignore the exaggerations?

Silent Master
Another trollish point that had nothing to do with what we were talking about, he didnt get tossed aroung before the spear,fact.

Some people would consider being knocked down by a backhand to be an example of being "tossed around".

So according to this logic, Thanos getting the force-block gun means that he knew that he couldn't beat Thor. Plus him using the force-block on Odin means that he knew that he'd lose otherwise.

vince_slice
Pretty even?

Ok, please show the scans of Thanos knocking Odin down with a backhand and later sending him flying with an energy blast.

The best Odin did before taking out the Gungnir was stagger Thanos a little with that pimp slap. The next panel Thanos is unscathed, mocking Odin and then shooting Odin with a blast of his own (forcing Odin to atleast defend himself from the blast because he held his arms up to block it). This was the only indication Odin was at an advantage before taking out the Gungnir.

Then afterwards they don't do much, Odin sends a bunch of rocks flying to Thanos and Thanos tries to imprison Odin in the Force block. None of which actually affect the other.

Odin only sent Thanos flying with an energy blast when he took out the Gungnir.

Nihilist
^I don't see what he had to guard against though. Thanos's attack fizzled when it hit Odin. Because they may have had some effect if he hadnt, just as Odin increased his power from the first blast that Thanos no sold, to which the rest clearly had more effect, Thanos have have do the same

Cant stand bullshit liars.

Silent Master
The best Odin did before taking out the Gungnir was stagger Thanos a little with that pimp slap. The next panel Thanos is unscathed, mocking Odin and then shooting Odin with a blast of his own (forcing Odin to atleast defend himself from the blast because he held his arms up to block it). This was the only indication Odin was at an advantage before taking out the Gungnir.

Then afterwards they don't do much, Odin sends a bunch of rocks flying to Thanos and Thanos tries to imprison Odin in the Force block. None of which actually affect the other.

Odin only sent Thanos flying with an energy blast when he took out the Gungnir.

Again, if the fight was pretty even, you should be able to provide scans of Thanos' attacks having a noticeable effect on Odin.

So, start providing the scans.

Nihilist
Some people would consider being knocked down by a backhand to be an example of being "tossed around".Considering he was still on his feet from the back hand, show what idiots most people are then.

Usual dodge from you, and using the PG Thor fight as a example is poor as Thanos knocked around Thor and hurt him when he did neither to Odin regardless of using the gun or Odin guarding himself. Of course Thanos would have know he wasnt a true match for Odin, why wouldnt he.

Now that i have answered your question, answer this " why did Odin gaurd himself then"

vince_slice
Again, if the fight was pretty even, you should be able to provide scans of Thanos' attacks having a noticeable effect on Odin.

So, start providing the scans.

Do you ignore parts of my post on purpose? Or maybe you can't read? I said they seemed pretty even with Odin having a slight advantage because he staggerd Thanos a couple of times pre-Gungnir when Thanos at best only forced Odin to defend himself. I just think the gap during this part of the fight isn't as huge as people think.

Once Odin took out the Gungnir then Thanos was clearly outmatched. I never said the whole fight was even. I've had to repeat this multiple times. Please learn to read the entire post.

Silent Master
Considering he was still on his feet from the back hand, show what idiots most people are then.

Usual dodge from you, and using the PG Thor fight as a example is poor as Thanos knocked around Thor and hurt him when he did neither to Odin regardless of using the gun or Odin guarding himself. Of course Thanos would have know he wasnt a true match for Odin, why wouldnt he.

Now that i have answered your question, answer this " why did Odin gaurd himself then"

Blocking is a natural reaction, blocking something isn't admitting that it would hurt you.

Do you ignore parts of my post on purpose? Or maybe you can't read? I said they seemed pretty even with Odin having a slight advantage because he staggerd Thanos a couple of times pre-Gungnir when Thanos at best only forced Odin to defend himself. I just think the gap during this part of the fight isn't as huge as people think.

Once Odin took out the Gungnir then Thanos was clearly outmatched. I never said the whole fight was even. I've had to repeat this multiple times. Please learn to read the entire post.

So, according to you, a fight where only one side is shown as able to effect the other is an example of "pretty even".

Interesting.

vince_slice
Blocking is a natural reaction, blocking something isn't admitting that it would hurt you.

So, according to you, a fight where only one side is shown as able to effect the other is an example of "pretty even".

Interesting.

Umm no. re-read the post.

Nihilist
Blocking is a natural reaction, blocking something isn't admitting that it would hurt you. So why didnt Odin block Thanos or Surfers first blast then.

So you admit now Thanos wasnyt getting tossed around by Odin before he used his spear as he was still on his feet from the back hand.

Silent Master
Umm no. re-read the post.

I did, and you at no point provided scans of Thanos having any kind of effect on Odin, whereas Odin had a noticeable effect on Thanos with that backhand.

Therefore, you consider a fight where only one side is shown to have an effect on the other person as an example of it being "pretty even".

So why didnt Odin block Thanos or Surfers first blast then.

So you admit now Thanos wasnyt getting tossed around by Odin before he used his spear as he was still on his feet from the back hand.

So, you're claiming that blocking is an admission that the attack would have hurt?

vince_slice
I did, and you at no point provided scans of Thanos having any kind of effect on Odin, whereas Odin had a noticeable effect on Thanos with that backhand.

Therefore, you consider a fight where only one side is shown to have an effect on the other person as an example of it being "pretty even".

Did you ignore the part where I said Odin had a slight avantage pre-gungnir and that the gap in power during the first half of the fight is exaggerated by people like you?

You and others said Thanos was being tossed around and crushed by pre-gungir Odin, but if you actually read the fight that's not what happend at all.

Silent Master
Did you ignore the part where I said Odin had a slight avantage pre-gungnir and that the gap in power during the first half of the fight is exaggerated by people like you?

You and others said Thanos was being tossed around and crushed by pre-gungir Odin, but if you actually read the fight that's not what happend at all.

I don't recall ever saying that "Thanos was being tossed around and crushed by pre-gungir Odin".

You however said that the fight was "pretty even" and your proof was that only Odin was shown having any effect on his opponent.

vince_slice
I don't recall ever saying that "Thanos was being tossed around and crushed by pre-gungir Odin".

You however said that the fight was "pretty even" and your proof was that only Odin was shown having any effect on his opponent.

Dark Odin and Omega said Thanos was tossed around or knocked down by Odin pre-gungnir. You also implied earlier Thanos being knocked down could be considered "tossed around," but If you read the fight Thanos was never knocked down until Odin took out Gungnir.

I said pretty even with Odin having the slight advantage.

Silent Master
Which means that your definition of "pretty even" is where only one side is shown being able to effect the other.

vince_slice
Which means that your definition of "pretty even" is where only one side is shown being able to effect the other.

Pretty even and even have different definitions. Pretty even means one side has the avantage but the gap isn't as big as people think.

Silent Master
No, "even" would basically mean equal, therefore "pretty even" would mean close to even.

Please explain how Thanos being unable to effect Odin qualifies the fight as being "pretty even".

vince_slice
Pre-Gungnir: The fight between Thanos and Odin seemed close to me with Odin having the advatange. But the gap wasn't that big because at most Odin staggered Thanos a little twice. Not much damage was being done to Thanos here at all.

Post-Gungnir: The gap was huge because at this point Thanos was being tossed around and did show visible damage.

DarkOdin
Have you ever read the fight, it doesnt look like it because that scan is after Odin gets the gungir and knocks Thanos across asgard and then Thanos forces his way through Odin blasts and grabs the spear. So the fact is you lied plain and simple Odin barely moved Thanos before he used the spear, just save face and admit you are wrong and lied. this is the scene when thanos had grabbed the spear the one that Odin didn't gungir to hit thanos as we can see both have the spear in there hands at this point the blast from the spear that send thanos into asgard is before this one that was gungir this scan is not also the next scan if iam not mistakens is when thanos slowly stands up the biggest attacks of Odin that effects thanos is not form gungir but from odin himself

Silent Master
Pre-Gungnir: The fight between Thanos and Odin seemed close to me with Odin having the advatange. But the gap wasn't that big because at most Odin staggered Thanos a little twice. Not much damage was being done to Thanos here at all.

Post-Gungnir: The gap was huge because at this point Thanos was being tossed around and did show visible damage.

If by close, you mean Thanos had zero effect on Odin, whereas Odin had a noticeable effect on Thanos.

DarkOdin

So you admit now Thanos wasnyt getting tossed around by Odin before he used his spear as he was still on his feet from the back hand. What the heck are you talking about was the difference if odin moves thanos 1 foot all across asagrd he moved/tossed thanos through the battle. Thanos was ineffective the whole battle

vince_slice
If by close, you mean Thanos had zero effect on Odin, whereas Odin had a noticeable effect on Thanos.

Yes Odin did have a noticeable effect on Thanos, but Thanos didn't seem harmed at all pre-Gungnir. Staggered a little? Yes. Hurt? Not really.

DarkOdin
Even more so the amped pimpslap knocked Thanos of his freakin feet you can see both his legs in the picture on legs is raised up and the the other you can see have the boot while odin stnding next too him you can't even see is knees if you don't think this is not getting tossed around you i would liek to see your defination

http://img385.imageshack.us/i/warlockandtheinfinitywatch25bl5.jpg/

heck is the blast that also knock thanos back

http://img385.imageshack.us/i/warlockandtheinfinitywatch25bl3.jpg/

DarkOdin
Yes Odin did have a noticeable effect on Thanos, but Thanos didn't seem harmed at all pre-Gungnir. Staggered a little? Yes. Hurt? Not really. and what off my scan that should Odin and thanos in the air crashing down to asgard with out the aid of gungir this was the blow if i am not mistaken was the last one of the battle that thanos took his sweet time to get back up from

vince_slice
and what off my scan that should Odin and thanos in the air crashing down to asgard with out the aid of gungir this was the blow if i am not mistaken was the last one of the battle that thanos took his sweet time to get back up from

I said pre-Gungnir. So that means before Odin used Gungnir.

In an earlier post I said Thanos was only shown visibly damaged and tossed around when Odin pulled out the Gungnir.

DarkOdin
I said pre-Gungnir. So that means before Odin used Gungnir.

In an earlier post I said Thanos was only shown visibly damaged and tossed around when Odin pulled out the Gungnir. Which is a non-point since Odin holding not using gungir landed a very effective blow. through thr battle Odin kept stepping it up, Odin as seen from the beginin battle dialog underestimated thanos durability

Silent Master
Yes Odin did have a noticeable effect on Thanos, but Thanos didn't seem harmed at all pre-Gungnir. Staggered a little? Yes. Hurt? Not really.

So, is your stance that had the fight continued without Gungnir, it would have ended in a true stalemate?

vince_slice
Which is a non-point since Odin holding not using gungir landed a very effective blow. through thr battle Odin kept stepping it up, Odin as seen from the beginin battle dialog underestimated thanos durability

What it points out is you didn't read my post properly (like most people here) because you missed the part where I said PRE-GUNGNIR, which lead you to misinterpret my entire post.

Yeah Odin did keep stepping it up. Thats why he pulled out the Gungnir to try to end things because his regular power wasn't doing much to Thanos.

vince_slice
So, is your stance that had the fight continued without Gungnir, it would have ended in a true stalemate?

Nah I think Odin would of won but the fight would of lasted a lot longer without Gungnir.

Nihilist

So, you're claiming that blocking is an admission that the attack would have hurt? What else would it mean when Odin had already taken prior shots without blocking? Originally posted by Nihilist

So you admit now Thanos wasnyt getting tossed around by Odin before he used his spear as he was still on his feet from the back hand. Answer this.

Silent Master
What else would it mean when Odin had already taken prior shots without blocking? Answer this.

Blocking a person's attack can leave them open for a counter-attack.

Nihilist
What the heck are you talking about was the difference if odin moves thanos 1 foot all across asagrd he moved/tossed thanos through the battle. Thanos was ineffective the whole battle lmfao you are still trying to mask the fact that you made shit up and lied, Odin did no tossing around(as yoiu said) or even knocked Thanos off his feet untill he needed to use his spear.

Nihilist
Blocking a person's attack can leave them open for a counter-attack. Then why bother blocking the other attacks then.

Silent Master
What?

vince_slice
Blocking a person's attack can leave them open for a counter-attack.

What do you think the main function of blocking an attack is? It seems obvious that blocking an attack is to reduce or minimize the damage done in the context of a fight.

Silent Master
To keep the attack from hitting you and to allow you to counter-attack.

Plus; the first, second or even third punch might not hurt, but things like that can add up if you let them keep hitting you.

Nihilist
What? So why did Odin not block Thanos's first attack and both Surfers attacks , and then block every attack Thanos did after that if they arent having any effect on you at all.

Nihilist
To keep the attack from hitting you and to allow you to counter-attack.

Plus; the first, second or even third punch might not hurt, but things like that can add up if you let them keep hitting you. So you now admit Odin had to block his attacks as they would have had a effect if he hadnt gaurded himself.

Silent Master
Becasue he felt like it?

Why do you think he blocked the other attacks.

So you now admit Odin had to block his attacks as they would have had a effect if he hadnt gaurded himself.

Where did I say that Odin had to block the attack?

Nihilist
Becasue he felt like it?Prove it

As youve just saidOriginally posted by Silent Master
Plus; the first, second or even third punch might not hurt, but things like that can add up if you let them keep hitting you. Proving that Thanos attacks were starting to have a effect.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>