Elektra vs Blade

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

King Castle
forum rules....

1) standard fight

2) sword and sai fight

3) h2h

4) 5 mile run

SamZED
Doesnt Blade have some level of TP resistance?

King Castle
i do not know.

SasuOna
His resistance to TP is based entirely on the fact that hes a vampire hybrid or something. He has all of their abilities but none of their weaknesses.
Doesn't matter since I don't see her TP working on supernatural creatures anyway.
Blade has an adamantium sword so I think he would take scenario's 1 and 2 easily.

Scenario 3 goes to him superior speed and strength

Scenario 4 is a joke I assume since I don't think Elektra has any good movement speed feats.

King Castle
Originally posted by SamZED
Doesnt Blade have some level of TP resistance? are you referring to blade's resistance to telepathic control from vampires?

b/c that is only suppose to work due to his half human nature and strong will.

it isnt that special, since that just means that elder vamps like dracula cant control him like they can other lesser vamps.

and humans with strong wills can break the mind control resistance and can even be immune to it.

srankmissingnin
Blade maybe immune to vampire hypnotism / compulsion, but that is not standard telepathy and is irrelevant.

Elektra easily wins, all scenarios with the possible exception of the race. She can burst speed too fast for her movements to get caught on camera, and is routinely displayed punching through human's like rice paper, crushing skulls with her grib and ripping of limbs. Even without her swords or sais she would decimate Blade in a fight.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by SasuOna
His resistance to TP is based entirely on the fact that hes a vampire hybrid or something. He has all of their abilities but none of their weaknesses.
Doesn't matter since I don't see her TP working on supernatural creatures anyway.
Blade has an adamantium sword so I think he would take scenario's 1 and 2 easily.

Scenario 4 is a joke I assume since I don't think Elektra has any good movement speed feats. You are a smart man. Elektra may be more skilled but Blade is more powerful and pretty skilled in his own right.

snoopdogg

SasuOna
Vampire compulsion and hypnotism are the same thing as standard telepathy and resistance to that would basically fit under it. Elektra still hasn't displayed the neccesary skills with her TP for me to compare her to someone like Dracula or other vampires.
The argument is pretty weak anyway to suggest that a human can resist a vampire but suddenly won't be able to resist a telepath is pretty far off.

Elektra is still peak human in speed no matter how you try and slice it her best "combat speed" feat(not travel speed) is moving so fast while fighting a camera(not even a high speed one) can't keep up with her and when you get down to it thats not impressive at all when you think about the fact that waving your hand in front of a camera can accomplish the same thing.

Blade actually has legitimate super human speed and has vampire stamina Elektra's endurance isn't that great either. She would lose a race just like any other human.

jinzin

Scenario 4 is a joke I assume since I don't think Elektra has any good movement speed feats. no expression is this post serious?

King Castle
Originally posted by jinzin
no expression is this post serious? yes, it is. thx for quoting it or i wouldnt have seen it.

so what what do you think on the match jinzin?

jinzin
Vampire compulsion and hypnotism are the same thing as standard telepathy and resistance to that would basically fit under it. Elektra still hasn't displayed the neccesary skills with her TP for me to compare her to someone like Dracula or other vampires.
The argument is pretty weak anyway to suggest that a human can resist a vampire but suddenly won't be able to resist a telepath is pretty far off.

Elektra is still peak human in speed no matter how you try and slice it her best "combat speed" feat(not travel speed) is moving so fast while fighting a camera(not even a high speed one) can't keep up with her and when you get down to it thats not impressive at all when you think about the fact that waving your hand in front of a camera can accomplish the same thing.

Blade actually has legitimate super human speed and has vampire stamina Elektra's endurance isn't that great either. She would lose a race just like any other human.

Pretty sure her best speed feats lie somewhere between being too fast for punisher to process, moving to fast to be seen by cyborg eyes underwater, or her processing feat alongside Gorgon....

All of which are> Blade.

That you think she's peak human is.... well..... utterly absurd to be honest.

0mega Spawn
WOW same 3 people trolling blade threads...did u guys forget 4 blade threads have been closed already erm give it a rest...
also Blade in all 4

jinzin
Originally posted by King Castle
yes, it is. thx for quoting it or i wouldnt have seen it.

so what what do you think on the match jinzin? Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Blade maybe immune to vampire hypnotism / compulsion, but that is not standard telepathy and is irrelevant.

Elektra easily wins, all scenarios with the possible exception of the race. She can burst speed too fast for her movements to get caught on camera, and is routinely displayed punching through human's like rice paper, crushing skulls with her grib and ripping of limbs. Even without her swords or sais she would decimate Blade in a fight.

Wat he said... lol

I dunno.

She defo wins the 1st one.
Second depends on if her weapons can hold up... maybe.
3rd she likely wins.
4th Blade probably wins?

King Castle
the second fight i was thinking she lose majority since her sais arent adamantium definitely puts her a disadvantage. i would have corrected it but, you know.. too lazy..

thinkin if they had the same material weapon it be very interesting and i would lean slightly on elektra.

Trackz
Blade in 1 and 2
elektra wins 3, might be a tie
never understood the point of the footraces, most characters don't have flat out foot speed feats.

tough fight in all of them

Juk3n
Scenario 4 is a joke I assume since I don't think Elektra has any good movement speed feats.

Read some Elektra, her respect thread says she matches ANY Speed feat you can pull out the bag for Blade. She also exceeds him in martial prowess. They key to successful debate is actually knowing ANYTHING about the combatants in question. And the fact that there is a 400 million page thread about this already where Blade winning cannot be proven. He simply doesn' have the feats to compare. Killing Dracula? well..has dracula demonstrated any fight IQ to match the likes of Marvels earths top 5 MA's? Blade has demonstrated his ability to be out manuvered and out muscled by a more skilled opponent.

I present to you..

"Ouchie..."

srankmissingnin

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=502532&pagenumber=1

Educate yourself.

And Vampire compulsion isn't the same thing as telepathy. It is like Gambit's old ability to charm people, they are not even on the same wave length as telepathy.

0mega Spawn
i dont get it shes not even peak how can she be that fast? erm

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by 0mega Spawn
i dont get it shes not even peak how can she be that fast? erm

Chi and mystical training, compounded with the natural athleticism of a girl who was an Olympic level gymnast when she was in her tweens?

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Trackz
Blade in 1 and 2
elektra wins 3, might be a tie
never understood the point of the footraces, most characters don't have flat out foot speed feats.

tough fight in all of them Sounds about right. She'll make him sweat but that's it.

jinzin
the second fight i was thinking she lose majority since her sais arent adamantium definitely puts her a disadvantage. i would have corrected it but, you know.. too lazy..

thinkin if they had the same material weapon it be very interesting and i would lean slightly on elektra.

Lol. The way I figure; Blade's katana's made of an adamantium alloy isn't it?

Besides, it doesn't effect her ability to block, parry, and strike against Wolverine using 6 blades using Grade A Adamantium beta .. I can't see how she couldn't hope to defend against 1. *shrug*

jinzin
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Sounds about right. She'll make him sweat but that's it.

laughing out loud

King Castle
she does look pretty bad@$$..

http://fanboyz.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/dark_reign_elektra_1.jpg

got me questioning myself now.

srankmissingnin
An Adamantium sword will only be an advantage until Elektra disarms him or takes it for her self. So... about one panel? cool

jinzin
pfftt.. Only cause Blade lets her disarm him so he can finish her off as was his plan all along. no expression

srankmissingnin
pfftt.. Only cause Blade lets her disarm him so he can finish her off as was his plan all along. no expression

Shit, she feel right into his trap...

SasuOna
Elektra supporters in this thread seem to have a hard time differentiating between movement and combat speed. Elektra dodging sniper fire is about the most consistent combat speed feat she has. Moving so fast that Punisher can't keep up with her is once again not a movement speed feat but a combat speed feat. Her movement speed is peak human until she displays a good feat outside of combat(for example Daredevil crosses 2 blocks and blitz a human shield agents reaction time.) Obviously this is a very high showing for Daredevi and in no way consistent with his speed prior to this but Elektra literally has no feats like this in the first place to make anyone have the argument that she can keep up with someone with actual superhuman speed.
As for comparing her TP (which from what I can gather on a consistent basis is shown to just be manipulating someone's chi) to someone like Dracula who is a legitimate telepath that has feats which go way beyond anything shes shown at the high end.

I don't doubt shes a better martial artist than Blade but her only being peak human on a consistent basis shes not getting the jump on blade when he has superhuman stats across the board and actually has the advantage in endurance and stamina plus a healing factor that would allow him to heal from every wound elektra could possibly inflict with her inferior weapons.
Also no Elektra blocking Wolverine's claws(not sure if this actually happened) is PIS imo since with Wolverines strength plus feats of cutting through swords he should basically just slice through them like any adamantium weapon would.

jinzin
Elektra supporters in this thread seem to have a hard time differentiating between movement and combat speed. Elektra dodging sniper fire is about the most consistent combat speed feat she has.

Do you mean running speed and combat speed?
Because again, Elektra's overall movement speed is too fast for Camera's, Cyborgs, Snipers, and Punisher to pick up on..... That's the consistency. It's the norm. It's ridiculously fast and typically much more impressive than Blade on a day by day basis.

If you're talking running speed.. then you have more grounds to make this weirdo argument you're making.. that I'll agree with.

Moving so fast that Punisher can't keep up with her is once again not a movement speed feat but a combat speed feat.
Again I think what people my define as "movement speed" and "combat speed" may be analogous

Her movement speed is peak human until she displays a good feat outside of combat(for example Daredevil crosses 2 blocks and blitz a human shield agents reaction time.) Obviously this is a very high showing for Daredevi and in no way consistent with his speed prior to this but Elektra literally has no feats like this in the first place to make anyone have the argument that she can keep up with someone with actual superhuman speed. Again if your talking about the footrace your points have merit... But..... does Blade?

As for comparing her TP (which from what I can gather on a consistent basis is shown to just be manipulating someone's chi) Which is a red herring to distract from the fact that she isn't limited to chi manipulation only and has legitimate TP feats...
confused

to someone like Dracula who is a legitimate telepath that has feats which go way beyond anything shes shown at the high end.
Dracula's best telepathic feats... discuss.

I don't doubt shes a better martial artist than Blade but her only being peak human on a consistent basis .... is a bullshit analysis made up by someone who's low balling the crap out of her character.... a character that typically and consistently has to be written down to give peak humans a chance at fighting her....

and sometimes superhumans... and even then it doesn't work most of the time... Ahem... Paladin.

shes not getting the jump on blade when he has superhuman stats across the board and actually has the advantage in endurance and stamina What proves he has these advantages besides conjecture?

plus a healing factor that would allow him to heal from every wound elektra could possibly inflict with her inferior weapons.

LMAO! Okay.. now I KNOW you're talkin out of your ass.... Elektra AT LEAST has legitimate ON PANEL evidence of her healing her wounds at an expedient rate.... Blade doesn't even have that...
But whatever healing factor blade DOES have it wouldn't take the punishment that girl's capible of dishing, bottem line.

Also no Elektra blocking Wolverine's claws(not sure if this actually happened) is PIS imo since with Wolverines strength plus feats of cutting through swords he should basically just slice through them like any adamantium weapon would. Again talking out of your ass.. Elektra's repeatidly shown on panel that she has the strength to block and parry Wolverine's blows, she's got enough stopping power to casually punch through bullet proof armor, enough strength to de-limb people from simply throwing objects at them. She's two shot guys like Taskmaster and Razorfist (Wolverine didn't even do that)...

Maybe Wolverine should be able to slice through her weapons idk... but your whole post just went on and on about consistency.... now your pissing on that notion to avoid the fact that she's done what she's done?

Nice hypocrisy buddeh. erm

snoopdogg
Elektra supporters in this thread seem to have a hard time differentiating between movement and combat speed. Elektra dodging sniper fire is about the most consistent combat speed feat she has. Moving so fast that Punisher can't keep up with her is once again not a movement speed feat but a combat speed feat. Her movement speed is peak human until she displays a good feat outside of combat(for example Daredevil crosses 2 blocks and blitz a human shield agents reaction time.) Obviously this is a very high showing for Daredevi and in no way consistent with his speed prior to this but Elektra literally has no feats like this in the first place to make anyone have the argument that she can keep up with someone with actual superhuman speed.
As for comparing her TP (which from what I can gather on a consistent basis is shown to just be manipulating someone's chi) to someone like Dracula who is a legitimate telepath that has feats which go way beyond anything shes shown at the high end.

I don't doubt shes a better martial artist than Blade but her only being peak human on a consistent basis shes not getting the jump on blade when he has superhuman stats across the board and actually has the advantage in endurance and stamina plus a healing factor that would allow him to heal from every wound elektra could possibly inflict with her inferior weapons.
Also no Elektra blocking Wolverine's claws(not sure if this actually happened) is PIS imo since with Wolverines strength plus feats of cutting through swords he should basically just slice through them like any adamantium weapon would. Right again. Elektra may be good against humans but Blade operates on a higher playing field.

the ninjak
Elektra TP rapes Blade. Immunity to vampiric influence is in NO WAY related to telepathy. Elektra wins the standard fight but Blade wins the foot race.

jinzin
Right again. Elektra may be good against humans but Blade operates on a higher playing field.

laughing out loud

gotta love Snoop's comedy hour.

Trackz
Originally posted by the ninjak
Elektra TP rapes Blade. Immunity to vampiric influence is in NO WAY related to telepathy. Elektra wins the standard fight but Blade wins the foot race. Blade managed to break free of a mutant's influence whose power was actually mindcontrol.

King Castle
which mutant is that?

Konton

Also no Elektra blocking Wolverine's claws(not sure if this actually happened) is PIS imo since with Wolverines strength plus feats of cutting through swords he should basically just slice through them like any adamantium weapon would.

She actually has movement speeds over him though. She's run/jumped through fully protected mercenary camps with active watch guards on foot and her presence was mistaken as the wind. She ran right past everyone, blurred illustration and everything.

Trackz
which mutant is that? Named the Freak, either he was a mutant or he was using tech, he was a shield agent, only appeared in Blades book.

SamZED
The bio is just wrong. Elektra should be concidered a superhuman going by her feats.

Deadline
Originally posted by Konton
She actually has movement speeds over him though. She's run/jumped through fully protected mercenary camps with active watch guards on foot and her presence was mistaken as the wind. She ran right past everyone, blurred illustration and everything.

Doesnt neccsarily means shes faster that can be just illustration.

YFZ 350
They both have good speed feats but Blades are better I think.

Deadline
^ I have to say in all fairness Elektras are better, but I don't always think that feats always prove who is the better fighter. I might give Blade a majority if he has a gun.

King Castle
i see Elektra's speed feats being superior to blade's best and hers have bn consistently repeated.

Deadline
^ whatever.

Konton
Gun's don't really do much to Elektra lol

I can post scans of the time when she was dodging sniper rifle gunfire AFTER she saw the muzzle flash.

King Castle

I can post scans of the time when she was dodging sniper rifle gunfire AFTER she saw the muzzle flash. also blocking them, catching it or dance around them.. wink

Deadline

I can post scans of the time when she was dodging sniper rifle gunfire AFTER she saw the muzzle flash.

This is like its PIS to shoot Spiderman argument it depends on whos firing the gun.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Deadline
Doesnt neccsarily means shes faster that can be just illustration.

Congratulations, you just described comic books. Do we have a price for this man?

Deadline
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Congratulations, you just described comic books. Do we have a price for this man?

I dunno man I don't even think you got the point I'm making and you're being sarcastic. You're doing it again.

srankmissingnin
This is like its PIS to shoot Spiderman argument it depends on whos firing the gun.

It wasn't aim dodging. She avoided sniper fire by seeing muzzle flash and then moving out of the path of the bullet.

Deadline
It wasn't aim dodging. She avoided sniper fire by seeing muzzle flash and then moving out of the path of the bullet.

Are you arguing that Spiderman aim dodges? What the f**k?

srankmissingnin
Are you arguing that Spiderman aim dodges? What the f**k?

I'm saying the person firing the gun only matters if the character in question is aim dodging because the shooter is telegraphing his shots.

And yes according to Grim Hunt, Spider-man aim dodges.

Deadline
I'm saying the person firing the gun only matters if the character in question is aim dodging because the shooter is telegraphing his shots.

No it doesn't srank.

And yes according to Grim Hunt, Spider-man aim dodges.

I see so your basing Spidermans abilities on one arc? You don't see the problem with that? Oh its been stated on panel that Elektra aim dodges as well, don't see me basing her abilities based on one thing.

SamZED

And yes according to Grim Hunt, Spider-man aim dodges. But Spider-man doesnt dodge aim. He's dodged bullets after they're fired. And in Grim Hunt they didnt say he dodged the aim, they said he just dodged the bullet.

King Castle
spidey also admits he aim dodges and breaks down the science of how he does it and how his Spidey sense helps him.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/2/20066/1316161-1051707_feat27sswe5_super_super.jpg

jinzin

No it's not... because it IS PIS to shoot Spiderman. no expression

Deadline
spidey also admits he aim dodges and breaks down the science of how he does it and how his Spidey sense helps him.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/2/20066/1316161-1051707_feat27sswe5_super_super.jpg

Hes reacted to bullets after they have been fired so that don't mean shit.

No it's not... because it IS PIS to shoot Spiderman. no expression

Why the **** didn't you say so? Ok thats the end of that its PIS.
Its also PIS to punch him in the face.

srankmissingnin
No it doesn't srank.

Yes it does. A bullet is a bullet. If a character is legitimately fast enough to dodge a bullet, the shooter is irrelevant.

I see so your basing Spidermans abilities on one arc? You don't see the problem with that?

Not the only arc, just the most recent one. Should have more weight than the one instant where he dodged that bullet, and it pierced his underarm webbing.

SamZED

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/2/20066/1316161-1051707_feat27sswe5_super_super.jpg It shows he can dodge gunfire even before the bullet leaves the chamber thanks to his ss. Doesnt mean he cant do it after the shot. Has done it plenty of times.

jinzin
Why the **** didn't you say so? Ok thats the end of that its PIS.
Its also PIS to punch him in the face. Wrong... But that's par for the course when it comes to you eh?

srankmissingnin
But Spider-man doesnt dodge aim. He's dodged bullets after they're fired. And in Grim Hunt they didnt say he dodged the aim, they said he just dodged the bullet.

In Grim Hunt he was amped by the Spider-god and legitimately dodged a bullet. Kraven said that wasn't something he could do. Hence aim dodging.

jinzin
It shows he can dodge gunfire even before the bullet leaves the chamber thanks to his ss. Doesnt mean he cant do it after the shot. Has done it plenty of times. thumbsup a single feat doesn't preclude the importance of the others.

Deadline
Yes it does. A bullet is a bullet. If a character is legitimately fast enough to dodge a bullet, the shooter is irrelevant.

No it doesn't. If you know were the opponent is going to be before they get there you can use tactics to shoot them. Again its not clear cut, try to understand that.

Not the only arc, just the most recent one.

Again you don't see anything wrong with decades of abilities on one arc? Again its stated that Elektra aim dodges.

Wrong... But that's par for the course when it comes to you eh?

You are simply arguing against this because its me. You had no problem with Bushwacker shooting Wolverine.

jinzin

You are simply arguing against this because its me. You had no problem with Bushwacker shooting Wolverine.

No I'm not... I'm actually in agreement..... (just a sec, I need to process that in my head........ agreement?.....really?..... yeah... okay) with what you just wrote in response to Srank.

of course I think Srank's argument is accidently set up to sound like it means something he didn't outright say yet.

I agree with you that Spiderman doesn't necessarily need to aim dodge. And one certainly can't assume as much based on the ambiguity of one arc or the statements of another.
I also agree that one statement about what a character is doing in a single instance does not automatically preclude a number of other feats not held under the same circumstances from mattering in context to said character...

So point to you on your comment about Elektra aim dodging...

But Spiderman being shot and spiderman dodging punches are two completely different beasts... I've already explained to you in detail why that is and you can go back to that instance to see the reasoning behind it.
.... I'm not arguing for the sake of it. Far from it.

Deadline

So point to you on your comment about Elektra aim dodging...

I'm not going to bother posting the scan. Its stupid to base her ability on one thing some guy said.

But Spiderman being shot and spiderman dodging punches are two completely different beats... I've already explained to you in detail why that is and you can go back to that instance to see the reasoning behind it.
.... I'm not arguing for the sake of it. Far from it.

I'm sorry thats just nonsense.
1. You never argued this shit before.
2. Had no problem with Bushwacker shooting Wolverine who can dodge bullets after they have been fired. So even if there is CIS it doesn't matter.
3. You didn't explain nothing you just made some assumptions and try interpret that as proof, sorry.

EDIT: Look I apologise If I sound like I'm a jerk but at least we agree on something but honestly think you're just chaning your argument. It would be nice if we could have a civil debate for a change.

srankmissingnin
No it doesn't. If you know were the opponent is going to be before they get there you can use tactics to shoot them. Again its not clear cut, try to understand that.

Again you don't see anything wrong with decades of abilities on one arc? Again its stated that Elektra aim dodges.

And if a character was legitimately fast enough to dodge a bullet... they would see that they were about to run into a bullet... and you know... like... not run into. Shooting where your target is going to be is a solution for over zealous aim dodgers, not for legitimate bullet timers.

Decades of abilities? You can count the number of times Spider-man has legitimately bullet dodged on one hand...

Elektra was stated as aim dodging when she was escaping from HAMMER. A time when powers were non functioning, she was severely injured, sleep deprived and hand been tortured by HAMMER since she was recovered after Secrete Invasion. She wasn't exactly in tip top shape.

That said, outside of a few extreme examples that are clearly against the grain for the characters in question, streets - all of them, Elektra included - aim dodge. Now there are some low caliber hand gun bullets travel at speeds of only 700mph, in which case legitimate bullet dodging is a possibility, but higher caliber bullets and rifle fire are aim dodged or PIS.

Deadline
And if a character was legitimately fast enough to dodge a bullet... they would see that they were about to run into a bullet... and you know... like... not run into.

Again not clear cut I can dodge a tennis ball after its been thrown doesn't mean I can stop myself from running into it.

Shooting where your target is going to be is a solution for over zealous aim dodgers, not for legitimate bullet timers.

O for god sake stop stating your opinion like its a fact. You can't prove that characters who get shot by bullets are overzealous aim dodgers. You're just assuming they are. Does she look like a god damn aimdodger?

http://img63.imageshack.us/i/punshootsspeedster.jpg/

Decades of abilities? You can count the number of times Spider-man has legitimately bullet dodged on one hand...

Elektra was stated as aim dodging when she was escaping from HAMMER. A time when powers were non functioning, she was severely injured, sleep deprived and hand been tortured by HAMMER since she was recovered after Secrete Invasion. She wasn't exactly in tip top shape.

That said, outside of a few extreme examples that are clearly against the grain for the characters in question, streets - all of them, Elektra included - aim dodge. Now there are some low caliber hand gun bullets travel at speeds of only 700mph, in which case legitimate bullet dodging is a possibility, but higher caliber bullets and rifle fire are aim dodged or PIS.

Dunno what to say man.

jinzin
I'm sorry thats just nonsense.
1. You never argued this shit before.
2. Had no problem with Bushwacker shooting Wolverine who can dodge bullets after they have been fired. So even if there is CIS it doesn't matter.
3. You didn't explain nothing you just made some assumptions and try interpret that as proof, sorry.

EDIT: Look I apologise If I sound like I'm a jerk but at least we agree on something but honestly think you're just chaning your argument. It would be nice if we could have a civil debate for a change.

Okay, I'll give it the best chance I got.... but telling me that I'm spewing out nonsense when I'm telling you about arguments I've made no less than a week ago isn't the best way to start things civil K?

Look here's my previous post on the matter of bullets/punches vs. Spiderman, in detail as I claimed.

You CAN redirect your punch in mid-attack. Again, it's called leading a target and anyone with even a passing familiarity in fighting and sparring will pick up on this.

That's the difference between a punch and a bullet... Bullets run a straight line from the barrel of the gun to the point of impact. Yeah, there might be a slight disconnect given some outside circumstances but it's not the same as a punch which can literally follow the target once it's left it's "chamber".

And... as Zed already stated, Spiderman's reactions to his SS warning are better the more progressive the threat.

Punisher's shot Spiderman, and Spiderman's been shot a few times... Sure, it shows, Punisher's skill accredited by ONE writer, or Spiderman's fallibility by another...

But the TYPICAL representation of Parker's abilities have him not getting shot... by bullets, things that are faster than bullets, like lazers.... shot from robotics using automatic targeting systems and motion detection. Even analytical computers learning his abilities and trying to pinpoint his next move...

AND... TYPICALLY he's dodging this kind of crap in spades.. dozens of bullets if not hundreds..... if not thousands!

The bottem line is that as mentioned before... You can't use the variable of one argument to support another. Me, Sam and everyone else here understands the principle of what you're talking about in concerns to Flash etc.... It's not that we "don't get your point", it's that your point is skewed because the speed at which both characters move is not the issue.... The level of their ability to do a certain thing, and the amount of times it's typically presented at said level, IS.

You can make an argument for Spiderman getting punched in the face by gifted/fast/crafty foes because that's typically how he's demonstrated in his abilities...
What you can't do is make an argument that he can be shot by a skilled marksman because it's happened half a dozen times in a 60 year long career through thousands and thousands of publications... Not when he's proved the opposite hundreds and hundreds of times over including during situations where he doesn't know he's being shot at until it happens, dodging bullets after they've been fired on his center mass, or dodging machine gun fire in a room from 500 members of Hydra.

It doesn't stack up and you know it.

As for your point 2.
I never had a problem with Bushwacker hitting Wolverine.... Okay? What exactly are you getting at with this example? I'm not following what you think it proves here.... please explain.

And 3.... That's not an accurate assessment of my argument. All of my points about Spiderman and how he deals with bullets come from:
On panel statements.
On panel artist depictions.
On panel narrative.
Consistency.
And examples that both demonstrate and stress the points I was making all along... Nothing in that post I just quoted of myself has ANY basis in assumption... confused

In any case, I'm thinking this thread's beginning to get derailed.

SasuOna
Once again I see the debate has shifted back to combat speed. I hope most of you know that Dodging a bullet does not mean said character can run at 240 m/s.
Its irrelevant anyway Elektra isn't an aim dodger but this has nothing to do with her not displaying a quantifiable speed feat that is beyond peak human.
The only stat she has an advantage over Blade in is her skill in the martial arts.
Every scenario should go to Blade imo she has no chance

jinzin
And if a character was legitimately fast enough to dodge a bullet... they would see that they were about to run into a bullet... and you know... like... not run into. Shooting where your target is going to be is a solution for over zealous aim dodgers, not for legitimate bullet timers.

So basically, you put no credence in Streets blocking/dodging/catching bullets and instead use those feats as a measuring stick during feat based pissing contests correct?

Because while I agree that unless someone has flashlike speed or teleportation, they shouldn't be bullet dodging... They do.. a lot.

jinzin
Once again I see the debate has shifted back to combat speed. I hope most of you know that Dodging a bullet does not mean said character can run at 240 m/s.
Its irrelevant anyway Elektra isn't an aim dodger but this has nothing to do with her not displaying a quantifiable speed feat that is beyond peak human.
The only stat she has an advantage over Blade in is her skill in the martial arts.
Every scenario should go to Blade imo she has no chance

But...... that's because your opinion is based on a wild misrepresentation of Elektra's character as a peak human... confused

Konton
What glorious superhuman speed feat has Blade ever displayed that somehow makes Elektra any slower than him by comparison?

jinzin
What glorious superhuman speed feat has Blade ever displayed that somehow makes Elektra any slower than him by comparison?

Yeah I asked that on the first page.. or was it the second... I'm still waitin.

King Castle
he's half vampire..a bat- manbatman

0mega Spawn
every character in every comic book has dodged bullets at some point...including blade so how in god's name do you guys try to make it a valid argument.EVERY CHARACTER CAN DO IT!!!

srankmissingnin
Again not clear cut I can dodge a tennis ball after its been thrown doesn't mean I can stop myself from running into it.

And that would be on you not the person throwing the ball. If you would likely me to admit that Spider-man could conceivably run into a bullet if he was careless and not paying attention, I will do that... but I'll point out that the odds of it happening are virtually non-existent.

O for god sake stop stating your opinion like its a fact. You can't prove that characters who get shot by bullets are overzealous aim dodgers. You're just assuming they are. Does she look like a god damn aimdodger?

http://img63.imageshack.us/i/punshootsspeedster.jpg/

I'm sorry I should have said over zealous aim dodgers and idiots.

I can't say for certain that she isn't an aim dodger. I don't know how fast she is going or what her top speed is. If she was running at 2-300 mph, that would be legitimate clear cut super speed, more than enough to overwhelm a human... but not nearly fast enough to dodge a bullet. Her twitch reflexes would need to be at least in the 1,000mph speed range... and I don't know if they are, and frankly I would doubt it.

Conservative estimates put Spidy at 10-15x human in speed. Even disreguarding his SS, he can concivably dodge hand gun bullets on pure speed. He isn't fast enough to dodge rifle and high cal bullets though.

SasuOna
But...... that's because your opinion is based on a wild misrepresentation of Elektra's character as a peak human... confused

Except she actually regularly fights evenly with people that are considered peak human not to mention she has a habit of losing horribly against people with any type of superhuman anything.

Yeah shes peak human unless you want to start making the argument that Bullseye with prep can somehow compensate for her "superhuman" stats and be above her on every level.

SamZED
he's half vampire..a bat- manbatman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kATnsoh60_Q

jinzin
Except she actually regularly fights evenly with people that are considered peak human Like Taskmaster? Doh!
No like Daredevil? Doh!
No you mean like Bullseye right? Doh!
Razorfist? dur

not to mention she has a habit of losing horribly against people with any type of superhuman anything.

Like Wolverine, Palidin, Silver Samurai, The Chaste, the higher ups in the Hand, and Super Skrulls! dur

Yeah shes peak human unless you want to start making the argument that Bullseye with prep can somehow compensate for her "superhuman" stats and be above her on every level. Considering the last time they fought she was in some of the worst shape in her life and STILL beat his ass easily..... confused

Konton
Except she actually regularly fights evenly with people that are considered peak human not to mention she has a habit of losing horribly against people with any type of superhuman anything.

Yeah shes peak human unless you want to start making the argument that Bullseye with prep can somehow compensate for her "superhuman" stats and be above her on every level.

What? Elektra has one of the BEST track records against superhuman opponents lol.

She was slugging it out with hoards Superskrulls and KILLING them, even tanking multiple hits from Colossus' skrull before finally going down.

She outmuscled and impaled Paladin with a blunt object.

She routinely goes h2h with Wolverine.

She trashed Razorfist.

She took down the Silver Samurai.

She blitzed the X-Mansion....

Your ignorance knows no bounds lately.

srankmissingnin
So basically, you put no credence in Streets blocking/dodging/catching bullets and instead use those feats as a measuring stick during feat based pissing contests correct?

Because while I agree that unless someone has flashlike speed or teleportation, they shouldn't be bullet dodging... They do.. a lot.

%100 Correct.

srankmissingnin
Elektra. Beat. Red She-hulk.

0mega Spawn
every character in every comic book has dodged bullets at some point...including blade so how in god's name do you guys try to make it a valid argument.EVERY CHARACTER CAN DO IT!!!

snoopdogg

Yeah shes peak human unless you want to start making the argument that Bullseye with prep can somehow compensate for her "superhuman" stats and be above her on every level. Pretty much. Blade plays in the majors and Elektra plays in the minors.

Vampires>humans.

srankmissingnin

The debate is between the merits of aim dodging and legitimate bullet time feats. Blade can and has dodged bullets by moving out of the shooters LOS while his shooting, essentially avoiding his aim. Elektra - while she too has aim dodging feats - has actually dodged sniper fire by seeing the muzzle flash, and then moving out of the bullet's path, which is a legitimate bullet time feat.

SamZED
Pretty much. Blade plays in the majors and Elektra plays in the minors.

Vampires>humans. TBF with the right equipment someone like Bullseye could kill a sh!tload of vampires.

King Castle
a backpack of silverware ought to do it.

Punisher with silver: bullets/knives and wood should work

0mega Spawn
The debate is between the merits of aim dodging and legitimate bullet time feats. Blade can and has dodged bullets by moving out of the shooters LOS while his shooting, essentially avoiding his aim. Elektra - while she too has aim dodging feats - has actually dodged sniper fire by seeing the muzzle flash, and then moving out of the bullet's path, which is a legitimate bullet time feat. how far away was the sniper?

srankmissingnin
Hand Ninja have been stated on panel to be the equivalent of 12 humans. On the canon fodder pecking order they are above vampire.

snoopdogg
TBF with the right equipment someone like Bullseye could kill a sh!tload of vampires. He's never done it yet so we can't assume he can.

Here is Blade dodging a bullet after the gun has been fired.
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Blade%20Speed/Bladeducks.jpg

snoopdogg
Hand Ninja have been stated on panel to be the equivalent of 12 humans. On the canon fodder pecking order they are above vampire. There is no bigger fodder than Hand Ninjas.

King Castle
Hand Ninja have been stated on panel to be the equivalent of 12 humans. On the canon fodder pecking order they are above vampire. agreed.

we should make a fodder fight of the average ninja and the average vampire fodder blade faces.

srankmissingnin
how far away was the sniper?

Not far. Down an alleyway, across a two lane street and up a several story building.

Dum Dum Dugan
There is no bigger fodder than Hand Ninjas.
really based on what? Unlike vamps they have actaully accomplished feats against establish characters, while vamps have gottne there shit kicked in by wolverine normal human friends.

srankmissingnin
He's never done it yet so we can't assume he can.

Here is Blade dodging a bullet after the gun has been fired.
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Blade%20Speed/Bladeducks.jpg

I'll point out to you that A) no where in that scan does Blade dodge a bullet after it is fired, and B) that is movie cannon Blade.

SamZED
He's never done it yet so we can't assume he can.
Dont see I reason why he wouldnt concidering his overall feats. Either way its too much of an a>b>c logic. Mr X killed asgardians while Blade didn't. So should be assume Blade would fail in the same scenario? I dont think so.

King Castle
if blade had started his career facing the hand he get his sh#$ kicked in an a stake in his butt..

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_InjbTwtzlA0/TDIUlP-hA5I/AAAAAAAAAMQ/6iWxZgtCr-Y/s1600/blade.jpg

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/7774/capsave2me4.jpg

SasuOna
Hand Ninja have been stated on panel to be the equivalent of 12 humans. On the canon fodder pecking order they are above vampire.

Actually random Fodder Hand ninja are no where near this level.

I assume you are talking about the Jonin level Hand ninja like Kirigi or some such because if this were in any way true everyone who gets resurrected by the Hand would end up with some type of strength boost.

Not really applicable to compare them to superhuman vampires at all.

YFZ 350
Hand Ninjas suck.

King Castle
but vampire fodder suck harder..

YFZ 350
Dont see I reason why he wouldnt concidering his overall feats. Either way its too much of an a>b>c logic. Mr X killed asgardians while Blade didn't. So should be assume Blade would fail in the same scenario? I dont think so. I can't see Blade killing Asgardians.

srankmissingnin
Actually random Fodder Hand ninja are no where near this level.

I assume you are talking about the Jonin level Hand ninja like Kirigi or some such because if this were in any way true everyone who gets resurrected by the Hand would end up with some type of strength boost.

Not really applicable to compare them to superhuman vampires at all.

Nope, the statement was a reference to fodder genin.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/sinister_samurai/th_wolverine_1-2-07-1.jpg

"The hand comprises the finest killers on earth, each the equal of a dozen ordinary men! Wolverine does not stand a chance."

The typical hand ninja is > the typical vampire thrall.

Trackz
Originally posted by YFZ 350
I can't see Blade killing Asgardians. bullseye was killing a couple if i remember correctly, so was taskmaster

srankmissingnin
Nope, the statement was a reference to fodder genin.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/sinister_samurai/th_wolverine_1-2-07-1.jpg

"The hand comprises the finest killers on earth, each the equal of a dozen ordinary men! Wolverine does not stand a chance."

The typical hand ninja is > the typical vampire thrall.

END OF PAGE BUMP

YFZ 350
bullseye was killing a couple if i remember correctly, so was taskmaster Don't mean Blade can.

SamZED
I can't see Blade killing Asgardians. Fodder Asgardians and with the same weapon X used, I think he could.

Trackz
TBF with the right equipment someone like Bullseye could kill a sh!tload of vampires. that used to be the case, no anymore, current marvel vampires are teched out. also Blade doesn't really used specialized equipment in many of his fights.

YFZ 350
Fodder Asgardians and with the same weapon X used, I think he could. I thought ABC logic was a no no.

Trackz
Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
really based on what? Unlike vamps they have actaully accomplished feats against establish characters, while vamps have gottne there shit kicked in by wolverine normal human friends.
...no, against a horde of vampires, heroes usually lose or retreat. unlike hand ninjas which usually just ends up in a bunch of dead ninjas. wolverine was up against weaker vampires, stated by Xarus because they wanted to lure him to their base in order to turn him.

YFZ 350
...no, against a horde of vampires, heroes usually lose or retreat. unlike hand ninjas which usually just ends up in a bunch of dead ninjas. wolverine was up against weaker vampires, stated by Xarus because they wanted to lure him to their base in order to turn him. Correct.

srankmissingnin
...no, against a horde of vampires, heroes usually lose or retreat. unlike hand ninjas which usually just ends up in a bunch of dead ninjas. wolverine was up against weaker vampires, stated by Xarus because they wanted to lure him to their base in order to turn him.

Yeah, that was never stated. In fact in Marvel Canon Nasferatu are more powerful than typical vampires, the down sided being the need a more potent / powerful blood source to sustain themselves.

YFZ 350
The Noseratu ambushed the Krieger and still lost.

SamZED
I thought ABC logic was a no no. Well, then "he kills vampires so he's superior" kind of argument should also be a no no.

that used to be the case, no anymore, current marvel vampires are teched out. also Blade doesn't really used specialized equipment in many of his fights. True, they're tougher now. I just believe if BE got the equipment Blade sometimes uses he could def kill some.

Trackz
Yeah, that was never stated. In fact in Marvel Canon Nasferatu are more powerful than typical vampires, the down sided being the need a more potent / powerful blood source to sustain themselves.

Xarus stated he left breadcrumbs for Wolverine to follow, so yea they weren't bringing out their best guys with Wolverine, and it was obvious since the Claw and Kreiger sects which have been established as some of the more deadly vampires weren't there.

Wolverine wasn't even fighting the nosferatu, he was fighting the atlantean vampires out of water for the most part.

Also wolverine killing those vampires was PIS, and I'm pretty sure some of them may have feigned death, since wolverine slashed their chest and they seemingly died, in the first issue wolverine tried this same tactic only to be told that his claws weren't wood so had no effect. the only way wolverine should be able to kill a vampire is by decapitation.

YFZ 350
I can see BE killing vamps, just not as effectiveley as Blade.

Trackz
Well, then "he kills vampires so he's superior" kind of argument should also be a no no.

True, they're tougher now. I just believe if BE got the equipment Blade sometimes uses he could def kill some.

kill some? sure. he could easily get overwhelmed though since for the most part they're much faster and stronger, and a few of them wouldn't be stopped short of some type of stake to the heart. I mean in the Blade one-shot we saw what happens to skilled humans who try to fight a horde of vampires, they literally got torn apart. Not discrediting Bullseye and I'm sure he'd do fine in a comic.

Trackz
The Noseratu ambushed the Krieger and still lost. didn't the krieger lose cause the nosferatu had the medallions? but yeah the krieger were slaying them easily until they realized that the sun was out.

srankmissingnin
Xarus stated he left breadcrumbs for Wolverine to follow, so yea they weren't bringing out their best guys with Wolverine, and it was obvious since the Claw and Kreiger sects which have been established as some of the more deadly vampires weren't there.

Wolverine wasn't even fighting the nosferatu, he was fighting the atlantean vampires out of water for the most part.

He also said he didn't care if Wolverine lived, died, or was merely captive. He just wanted "one of the most powerful x-men" out of the picture. Claw and Kreiger are the most powerful sects because of their warrior discipline and skill, Nosferatu are supposed to be more powerful than average, but in the vampire world skill trumps > mild attribute difference. The need for more powerful blood sources than normal vampires is also a detriment to the Nosferatu, and I don't think their numbers are nearly as great as any of the other sects.

He was fighting Nosferatu until he fell into the water, then he fought some Atlantean vampires. Interesting to note, but the Nosferatu were previously hinted as being from Atlantis themselves, but I guess this current run debunks that.

Trackz
He also said he didn't care if Wolverine lived, died, or was merely captive. He just wanted "one of the most powerful x-men" out of the picture. Claw and Kreiger are the most powerful sects because of their warrior discipline and skill, Nosferatu are supposed to be more powerful than average, but in the vampire world skill trumps > mild attribute difference. The need for more powerful blood sources than normal vampires is also a detriment to the Nosferatu, and I don't think their numbers are nearly as great as any of the other sects.

He was fighting Nosferatu until he fell into the water, then he fought some Atlantean vampires. Interesting to note, but the Nosferatu were previously hinted as being from Atlantis themselves, but I guess this current run debunks that.

...no he didn't. this quote you're talking about is in reference to Jubilee's comment that Wolverine was fighting the vampire virus, Xarus said it didn't matter as long as they had him captive.

Nosferatu have wings and fly, Wolverine was fighting nosferatu, he was fighting atlanteans the whole time, the blue vampires are the aqueous, can see them in the Namor series, Atlantean vampires have a coupel of different breeds, none of them are nosferatu.

Wolverine only fought Nosferatu with Collosus and was having a hard time even managing to land a hit, even with storms help. Until, of course, Blade came along and hand delivered them one.

King Castle

He was fighting Nosferatu until he fell into the water, then he fought some Atlantean vampires. Interesting to note, but the Nosferatu were previously hinted as being from Atlantis themselves, but I guess this current run debunks that. all vampires originated from the Atlantean race thousands of years ago...

so technically their original vampire ancestors were atlanteans.. just not them. wink

srankmissingnin
...no he didn't. this quote you're talking about is in reference to Jubilee's comment that Wolverine was fighting the vampire virus, Xarus said it didn't matter as long as they had him captive.

Nosferatu have wings and fly, Wolverine was fighting nosferatu, he was fighting atlanteans the whole time, the blue vampires are the aqueous, can see them in the Namor series, Atlantean vampires have a coupel of different breeds, none of them are nosferatu.

Wolverine only fought Nosferatu with Collosus and was having a hard time even managing to land a hit, even with storms help. Until, of course, Blade came along and hand delivered them one.

You are mistaken. Those are the Charniputra vampires. Nosferatu vampires are the ones that look like - you guessed - iconic film vampire Nosferatu. Which is what Wolverine was fighting before he fell into the water.

srankmissingnin
all vampires originated from the Atlantean race thousands of years ago...

so technically their original vampire ancestors were atlanteans.. just not them. wink

Right right, Conan the Barbarian.

King Castle
Right right, Conan the Barbarian. Conan rocks...i love his crom prayer,.,, if i am ever in the position to pray or shout one last time it will be to Crom..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWEQiW2TYAM

that or Thor the Odison!!

Trackz
You are mistaken. Those are the Charniputra vampires. Nosferatu vampires are the ones that look like - you guessed - iconic film vampire Nosferatu. Which is what Wolverine was fighting before he fell into the water.

you may be right, let me check

nosferatu and atlantean vampires may be synonymous

not that it would matter because like stated, these still weren't the more dangerous vampire sects and xarus intended to capture logan.

jinzin
I thought ABC logic was a no no.
And yet....
Pretty much. Blade plays in the majors and Elektra plays in the minors.

Vampires>humans. Although TBF I'm still convinced Snoops joking.

Trackz
I checked and those were nosferatu, again they still weren't stated among the more dangerous vampire sects and may be even weaker seeing as wolverine managed to take them out just by gutting them

King Castle
Originally posted by ankur29
Xmen#3:

Owns hordes of vamps:

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu355/ankur29/th_X-Men_3_0008.jpg http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu355/ankur29/th_X-Men_3_0012.jpg http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu355/ankur29/th_X-Men_3_0015.jpg http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu355/ankur29/th_X-Men_3_0016.jpg http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu355/ankur29/th_X-Men_3_0017.jpg http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu355/ankur29/th_X-Men_3_0018.jpg

Vamp logan snaps shackles:

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu355/ankur29/th_X-Men_3_0023.jpg http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu355/ankur29/th_X-Men_3_0024.jpg

Trackz
missed the moment where Brad stated that they predicted Wolverine's movements and he's following a trail they've left for him, Wolverine fell right into their trap.

of course cyclops did sort of plan for this, can't wait to see what he injected Wolverine with and how it comes into play.

snoopdogg
missed the moment where Brad stated that they predicted Wolverine's movements and he's following a trail they've left for him, Wolverine fell right into their trap.

of course cyclops did sort of plan for this, can't wait to see what he injected Wolverine with and how it comes into play. They were even watching on a TV screen and eating popcorn.

snoopdogg

of course cyclops did sort of plan for this, can't wait to see what he injected Wolverine with and how it comes into play. Didn't they put a band-aid on Logan in that scene?

Trackz
Didn't they put a band-aid on Logan in that scene? yeah haha

hateallmen
Bump

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.