Should we change the title of the DVD Discussion forum?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Impediment
Since Blu-ray is such a hit these days, I was thinking that the title of the DVD Discussion forum should be changed to something more modern like, "Blu-ray/DVD Discussion". I mean, it's only fitting to also include the format that is rising in popularity every day. While I, myself, haven't a single Blu-ray disc in my extensive library, I can't deny their existence.

Vote in the poll to show your opinion, please!

BruceSkywalker
Matt can u edit the poll to include maybe or possibly..

the reason being is that like you there are others who do not have blu ray.. personally i rarely play a few blu ray movies using my PS3..

as for this, i wouldn't mind a title change as tech is changing as well

T.M
Don't see why not.

The Nuul
What about DVD and Blu-Ray Discussion forum? There are a lot of movies that are not available on BR.

Impediment
That's what I meant, actually. I still want to include DVD, since it is still the number one format.

I was thinking "DVD/Blu-ray Discussion" or something along the lines.

The Nuul
Sounds good. Duhhhh on my part for not reading all of your OP.

BlackSunshine
Sounds like a good idea to me.

Lord Shadow Z
Maybe change it to a more generic title to fit any and all technologies, therefore it wouldn't be too specific to any of them. That way it would fit people who want talk about , VHS, DVD, Blu-Ray and any other new one that comes out in the future.

Perhaps 'Movie Formats Discussion' or something along those lines?

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Lord Shadow Z
Maybe change it to a more generic title to fit any and all technologies, therefore it wouldn't be too specific to any of them. That way it would fit people who want talk about , VHS, DVD, Blu-Ray and any other new one that comes out in the future.

Perhaps 'Movie Formats Discussion' or something along those lines? I don't agree... I think "Movie Formats Discussion" sounds like a terrible name for a forum.

DVD/Blu-Ray Discussions sounds fine to me.

§P0oONY
Saying that, this forum will be a part of the merge anyway when it happens.

Lord Shadow Z

Impediment

Strangelove
wow, sole vote against it =P

I too see no reason not to, but I also see no real reason to do it. I think pretty much everyone realizes that though Blu-ray and DVD are technically different, they have the same purpose and deliver largely the same results. No one's going to be confused if they see blu-ray threads in a DVD forum.

I just think the change would be unnecessary.

Impediment
Anarchist! dur

AndaleAndale
Originally posted by Impediment
Since Blu-ray is such a hit these days, I was thinking that the title of the DVD Discussion forum should be changed to something more modern like, "Blu-ray/DVD Discussion". I mean, it's only fitting to also include the format that is rising in popularity every day. While I, myself, haven't a single Blu-ray disc in my extensive library, I can't deny their existence.

Vote in the poll to show your opinion, please! 6

AndaleAndale

Dude111
Well I think that section should reflect ALL KINDS OF MEDIA,not just DVD..

I like VHS and Videodisc for example.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.