Thor vs Hollywood H2H only

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CosmicComet
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101007212547/marveldatabase/images/thumb/c/cd/Thor_Odinson_%28Earth-616%29.jpg/250px-Thor_Odinson_%28Earth-616%29.jpg

vs

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070712162759/marveldatabase/images/thumb/3/3f/Simon_Williams_%28Earth-691%29.jpg/200px-Simon_Williams_%28Earth-691%29.jpg

No Mjolnir at all. Maybe I'm starting to underrate Thor in general lately in response to the rut he's been in, but I think Hollywood would beat that ass in a brawl.

Bentley
Hollywood 10/10.

CosmicComet
You trolling me or not?

Bentley
Not really. Hollywood tanked a point-blank solar system destroying blast and defeated Starhawk with physical power. Unarmed Thor would've problems against regular Simon.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Which incarnation of Starhawk did he defeat? It's been a while since I've read the Galactic Guardians and Guardians of the Universe.

Assuming it's not a powered up version, Thor has greater feats than all of those you listed. That being said, Hollywood would most likely beat a day to day Thor. Course, if you want to use who has the biggest feats card, there's a very high probability you'll lose.

CosmicComet
Originally posted by Bentley
Not really. Hollywood tanked a point-blank solar system destroying blast and defeated Starhawk with physical power. Unarmed Thor would've problems against regular Simon.

Definitely agree with that, but yeah Thor would eventually beat Wonderman Simon.

Bentley
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Which incarnation of Starhawk did he defeat? It's been a while since I've read the Galactic Guardians and Guardians of the Universe.

Assuming it's not a powered up version, Thor has greater feats than all of those you listed. That being said, Hollywood would most likely beat a day to day Thor. Course, if you want to use who has the biggest feats card, there's a very high probability you'll lose.

Starhawk after he regained his powers after Aleta beat him in the Starhawk mantle and just before he fought the Keeper with the Quantum Bands. I'll shuffle through the Guardians issues, but his conclusive win against SH and his tanking of that bomb I mentioned and Wonderman's past feats make him quite the physical powerhouse imo.

CosmicComet
Stop saying IMO!

Have a backbone ye coward! stick out tongue

Hollywood hasn't seen that much action, no reason to assume beating Starhawk or the Solar System blast tanking isn't a normal operating level for him.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Starhawk after he regained his powers after Aleta beat him in the Starhawk mantle and just before he fought the Keeper with the Quantum Bands. I'll shuffle through the Guardians issues, but his conclusive win against SH and his tanking of that bomb I mentioned and Wonderman's past feats make him quite the physical powerhouse imo.

So he was at non amped levels? During an annual crossover, Thor stalemated and IIRC was edging out Starhawk in a physical contest. Or maybe it was Dargo Ktor. Can't remember for sure.

Hollywood is a physical powerhouse. I'm not debating that.

Black bolt z

Assuming it's not a powered up version, Thor has greater feats than all of those you listed. That being said, Hollywood would most likely beat a day to day Thor. Course, if you want to use who has the biggest feats card, there's a very high probability you'll lose. This

Bentley
Thor's h2h feats aren't that great in average methinks.

CosmicComet
Aye I agree, despite his years of experience that there are a good number of high heralds I would put over him in kickboxing skills. lol.

His overuse of Mjolnir has hurt him in that regard probably.

Rage.Of.Olympus
erm
Thor's h2h feats aren't that great in average methinks.

Thor has had many appearances under the pen of countless writers. It's hard to establish a real average but on a day to day to basis, his treated as a Class 100 brick who can toss around lightning.

CosmicComet
No one doubts his strength.

But he gets tagged far too much for my liking in H2H. He's like Kakashi from Naruto, always lauded for supposedly great h2h skill but looks ordinary in h2h often.

I'm a bigger Thor fan than a Supes fan, but Clark is clearly a more skilled striker.

Bentley
erm

Thor has had many appearances under the pen of countless writers. It's hard to establish a real average but on a day to day to basis, his treated as a Class 100 brick who can toss around lightning.

I understand the very problem, but there are few Marvel bricks who could really take it with Thor in h2h; Hollywood is in that short list.

Rage.Of.Olympus
If you say so. I have no problem with Hollywood beating a day to day Thor.

Originally posted by CosmicComet
No one doubts his strength.

But he gets tagged far too much for my liking in H2H. He's like Kakashi from Naruto, always lauded for supposedly great h2h skill but looks ordinary in h2h often.

I'm a bigger Thor fan than a Supes fan, but Clark is clearly a more skilled striker.

Tagged? His a Class 100 brick, of course his going to get tagged almost all the time. If he starts dodging every hit, his durability will take a dive. It's just how comics work. We've seen that when Thor needs to his agile and is capable of dodging hits. He just doesn't on a regular basis.

I'm not sure what you mean by striker. You won't see Thor using pressure points or anything as his a brawler, but his style is clearly effective when it needs to be.

CosmicComet
He's not a Classic Juggernaut type of tank though. When he fights other bricks its not as if he wants to get hit or finds it amusing like Marko would. By being tagged too much, I mean that if Hulk and Thor just started randomly fightin h2h, my expectation is that they will exchange a more or less even number of blows. This is wrong, Thor should be skilled enough to land more hits without getting hit back just as much. Or, maybe I simply underestimate Hulk's actual fighting level. Dunno.

By striker, I mean if Superman and Thor were ordered to go twelve rounds of kickboxing with no powers at all and things like reflexes and handspeed being equalized, Supes would win a decision.

None of that gay pressure point shit.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by CosmicComet
He's not a Classic Juggernaut type of tank though. When he fights other bricks its not as if he wants to get hit or finds it amusing like Marko would. By being tagged too much, I mean that if Hulk and Thor just started randomly fightin h2h, my expectation is that they will exchange a more or less even number of blows. This is wrong, Thor should be skilled enough to land more hits without getting hit back just as much. Or, maybe I simply underestimate Hulk's actual fighting level. Dunno.

By striker, I mean if Superman and Thor were ordered to go twelve rounds of kickboxing with no powers at all and things like reflexes and handspeed being equalized, Supes would win a decision.

None of that gay pressure point shit.

But his still a tank. His going to withstand most attacks head on. That just comes with the high durability territory. Actually it's been shown more than once that Thor allows himself to get hit. At the very least to gauge a new opponent's level of power. He tanks hits from Marko or the Hulk because his an Asgardian brawler. He likes to fight. We've seen that Thor can easily dodge Hulk's attacks and outmaneuver him when there is something serious at stake. Or the Juggernaut's when his pissed.

A decision? You mean the fight? I disagree with that.

Prep-Man
Hollywood.

Martian_mind
Normal Wonderman would win this, So I'm gonna go with Hollywood.

Oh yeah, you heard me.

Bentley
Originally posted by Martian_mind

Oh yeah, you heard me.

Recently Wonderman displayed teleportation eek!

CosmicComet

Oh yeah, you heard me.

Oh snap son.

Nihilist
Hollywood wrecks him with ease.

Rage.Of.Olympus
^Does not know what his talking.

Unless you know something I'm forgetting.

Oh yeah, you heard me.

Dem's fighting words.

CosmicComet
Damn...

All Hollywood votes other than R.o.O so far it seems.

Is this due to respect for Hollywood or some disrespect for Thor? Combo of both?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Actually I voted for Hollywood too. At least against a day to day version of Thor.

That being said, one position having greater numbers isn't in of itself a validity of aforementioned position.

There is definitely Thor hate on the board but I don't think there's any of it in this thread. At least nothing noticeable.

Worst comes to worst I could start posting feats if I felt like arguing that Thor wins.

CosmicComet
I'm not arguing for or against validity, just trying to understand the emphatic Hollywood votes better.

Rage.Of.Olympus
It's the usual shit. Posters see some flashy feats and get a hard on. People tend to be fickle. I remember when people argued Beta Ray Bill was above Thor and the likes after the Stormbreaker mini.

Nihilist
^Does not know what his talking.

Unless you know something I'm forgetting.

haermm2 butthurt?

carver9

Along with sentry level strength.

I honestly believe wonderman got some kind of power boost recently.

CosmicComet
He deserves one if he did.

Wonderman is awesome. But his costume is plain as hell, he needs to spice it up somehow. Doesn't need a cape or anything, but maybe just wear a more armor like suit.

Sr J-Bieb
There is definitely Thor hate on the board You wonder why?

I guess Quan does wonder why there's Thanos hate, so it makes sense...

Silent Master

Do you have the issue number, Simon is one of my favorite characters.

Thank you.

Rage.Of.Olympus
The latest issue of the main Avengers title. Avengers #7 I believe.

Originally posted by Nihilist
haermm2 butthurt?

no expression

Butthurt? Me calling you out on your statement isn't me being butt hurt.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
You wonder why?

I guess Quan does wonder why there's Thanos hate, so it makes sense...

I don't doubt I contributed to the Thor hate on this board. It's just an inevitability.

Lulz at comparing to Quan though.

Bentley
Originally posted by Silent Master

Thank you.

Avengers v4 7, he displays clean teleporting.

carver9
Originally posted by Silent Master

Thank you.

I love the character as well, one of my faves.

Dom_fetish_lord

Silent Master
Avengers v4 7, he displays clean teleporting.

Thank you.

juggernaut74
Sorry but Simon is gay.

Black bolt z

There is definitely Thor hate on the board Not at all.

Fifthchild
I'm with Rage on this one. If I'm right the last time this guy showed up was in GoTG and while there wasn't a lot to go on IIRC he looked much more like an old Wonderman then some kind of epic solar system level powerhouse. When you have a guy with only a couple of appearances it's not hard to get a feat that ends up being totally out of whack with every subsequent showing. So I guess I take it with a grain of sal and give a guy like Thor who's had a lot of showings, good and bad, some credit.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.