PIS

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Nuul
PIS = Plot Induced Stupidity

At times, for the sake of the plot, characters that are immensely more powerful than their opponent will "job" to carry on the plot of the story, even though the characters powers and history would clearly show that they are more than capable of destroying their opponent.

Which one has the most PIS?

WWE
Movies
Comics books/Novels
TV shows
Other

Robtard
Probably comics.

Though I don't know anything about the WWE cept that it's filled with closeted homosexual roid-ragers.

Bardock42
Definitely WWE. It is hard to find a fight without pis in the pay per view kind of wrestling

Symmetric Chaos
Comics. Everything that happens in PIS of some sort. With decades of continuity to tangle through it's hard to avoid.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Comics. Everything that happens in PIS of some sort. With decades of continuity to tangle through it's hard to avoid.

I suppose if your definition of something not being PIS is being always and ever in anything the character appears in exactly equal in its powerset, you'd still be wrong, but close anyways. Though I don't think that's a fair definition.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Bardock42
I suppose if your definition of something not being PIS is being always and ever in anything the character appears in exactly equal in its powerset, you'd still be wrong, but close anyways. Though I don't think that's a fair definition.

I guess that might not be fair, consistency within an issue or arc is of much greater importance, but if he's taking PIS from the way it's used on these forums then that does seem to be the definition.

The Nuul
I am not using just only forum rules PIS. I am talking about PIS in general. Hence why I took out the last part that was referring to the comic vs forum.

Van Damme and Rocky use PIS a lot.

Bardock42
Well, could you define PIS for us then?

Bicnarok

tongpo
Originally posted by The Nuul
PIS = Plot Induced Stupidity

At times, for the sake of the plot, characters that are immensely more powerful than their opponent will "job" to carry on the plot of the story, even though the characters powers and history would clearly show that they are more than capable of destroying their opponent.

Which one has the most PIS?

WWE
Movies
Comics books/Novels
TV shows
Other

It's definitely TV. Watch an episode of House. Why do they ever doubt him? Or go retro to Quincy. Why do they ever doubt him? Macgyver or the A Team anyone? TV for sure.

Bardock42
Originally posted by tongpo
It's definitely TV. Watch an episode of House. Why do they ever doubt him? Or go retro to Quincy. Why do they ever doubt him? Macgyver or the A Team anyone? TV for sure.

Well, I think cause House is twice wrong and then always right. Got to catch the two times wrong.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.