KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » PIS

PIS
Started by: The Nuul

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Squirrel Fart

PIS

PIS = Plot Induced Stupidity

At times, for the sake of the plot, characters that are immensely more powerful than their opponent will "job" to carry on the plot of the story, even though the characters powers and history would clearly show that they are more than capable of destroying their opponent.

Which one has the most PIS?

WWE
Movies
Comics books/Novels
TV shows
Other

Last edited by Squirrel Fart on Nov 23rd, 2010 at 11:19 PM

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2010 11:13 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Re: PIS

Probably comics.

Though I don't know anything about the WWE cept that it's filled with closeted homosexual roid-ragers.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2010 11:22 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Definitely WWE. It is hard to find a fight without pis in the pay per view kind of wrestling

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2010 11:28 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Comics. Everything that happens in PIS of some sort. With decades of continuity to tangle through it's hard to avoid.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2010 11:34 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Comics. Everything that happens in PIS of some sort. With decades of continuity to tangle through it's hard to avoid.

I suppose if your definition of something not being PIS is being always and ever in anything the character appears in exactly equal in its powerset, you'd still be wrong, but close anyways. Though I don't think that's a fair definition.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2010 11:42 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Originally posted by Bardock42
I suppose if your definition of something not being PIS is being always and ever in anything the character appears in exactly equal in its powerset, you'd still be wrong, but close anyways. Though I don't think that's a fair definition.

I guess that might not be fair, consistency within an issue or arc is of much greater importance, but if he's taking PIS from the way it's used on these forums then that does seem to be the definition.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2010 11:48 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

I am not using just only forum rules PIS. I am talking about PIS in general. Hence why I took out the last part that was referring to the comic vs forum.

Van Damme and Rocky use PIS a lot.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2010 11:51 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Well, could you define PIS for us then?

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2010 11:52 PM
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

Comics and Movies.

Comics have to dream up really daft stories in order to get their "hero´s" to fight various enemies. Superman is a prime example, the man who can move planetssmile

In movies what really gets me is they have some powerfull villain who can wipe people out "Just like that" then to make the movie more interesting these powerfull characters end up in a long fight with some vastly less powerfull "hero". Take the latest Predator movie, good entertainment I know. But compare how easy the predators killed folk in the start of the movie, as apposed to near the end where on goes "one on one" with a Japanese mafia bloke and they BOTH DIE HAHAHAH

Old Post Nov 24th, 2010 04:07 PM
Bicnarok is currently offline Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tongpo

Re: PIS

Originally posted by The Nuul
PIS = Plot Induced Stupidity

At times, for the sake of the plot, characters that are immensely more powerful than their opponent will "job" to carry on the plot of the story, even though the characters powers and history would clearly show that they are more than capable of destroying their opponent.

Which one has the most PIS?

WWE
Movies
Comics books/Novels
TV shows
Other

It's definitely TV. Watch an episode of House. Why do they ever doubt him? Or go retro to Quincy. Why do they ever doubt him? Macgyver or the A Team anyone? TV for sure.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2010 06:09 AM
tongpo is currently offline Click here to Send tongpo a Private Message Find more posts by tongpo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by tongpo
It's definitely TV. Watch an episode of House. Why do they ever doubt him? Or go retro to Quincy. Why do they ever doubt him? Macgyver or the A Team anyone? TV for sure.

Well, I think cause House is twice wrong and then always right. Got to catch the two times wrong.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2010 11:23 AM