Anti-Venom is retarded.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zeal Ex Nihilo
First off, terrible name. Secondly, retarded random healing powers. Thirdly, he's basically invincible. After he took Punisher's shotgun blast to the back of the head and then healed, I was done.

Ptr_Grifin
The symbiotes are known for their damage soak. Venom took bullets all the time and the suit just spit the bullets out as he grinned.

I do agree with you on the name and the healing/curing ability is strange.

Zeal Ex Nihilo
Venom was also vulnerable to heat and sonics. Anti-Venom shares none of Venom's weaknesses. Shitty character is shitty.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Zeal Ex Nihilo
Venom was also vulnerable to heat and sonics. Anti-Venom shares none of Venom's weaknesses. Shitty character is shitty.

He's not Venom, he's ANTI-Venom so why should he have the weaknesses and vulnerabilities of the Venom Symbiote?

Zeal Ex Nihilo
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
He's not Venom, he's ANTI-Venom so why should he have the weaknesses and vulnerabilities of the Venom Symbiote?
Because being invulnerable makes for a crappy character.

See: Superman.

Wei Phoenix

So when Venom was sitting there and taking hit after hit from Juggernaut with a smile on his he was not crappy? Superman isn't crappy and he's been hurt many times before.

Zeal Ex Nihilo
I can see I'm discussing with someone far below me. Good day, sir.

Ptr_Grifin

You're not discussing anything. You're whinning about a comic book character.

Wei Phoenix

What's wrong? You complain about how Anti-Venom is "Invulnerable" because he took a shotgun blast to the back of the head and was fine. I give you an example of when Venom took much more damage than a shotgun blast and was fine. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the symbiote evolve and whatnot with each offspring like Carnage isn't vulnerable to heat, sonic weapons or both? What's so wrong with AV not being vulnerable to either especially since it's birth is pretty different from the other symbiotes?

Zeal Ex Nihilo
The problem with Anti-Venom is that it has no weaknesses. Even if Venom had the capacity to stand toe-to-toe with Juggernaut--and he shouldn't have had that ability; that was stupid fan-wank at its lowest point--he was still vulnerable to sonics and fire. Anti-Venom has no weaknesses at all.

skekUng

QFT

I've never seen Anti-Venom. Don't really read many comics anymore; not when you need a road map to figure out which reality of the Marvel Universe you're in.

Wei Phoenix
The problem with Anti-Venom is that it has no weaknesses. Even if Venom had the capacity to stand toe-to-toe with Juggernaut--and he shouldn't have had that ability; that was stupid fan-wank at its lowest point--he was still vulnerable to sonics and fire. Anti-Venom has no weaknesses at all.

That's not the first time venom has taken strong punches. He wasn't standing up to him, he was getting stomped all over town, just not knocked out.

So what do you think happened when Scorpion hit him with his stinger?

An excerpt from his wiki bio, I haven't read AV yet but if someone has then I'm sure they'll verify if it really happened or not.

Looks like he was beaten and vulnerable there.

Zeal Ex Nihilo
Indeed, but his one weakness is a plot device.

Ptr_Grifin
I don't think all characters need a special weakness. Anti-Venom is not invulnerable. He was temporally KO'd by that shotgun blast. He'll go down to enough punches. It's not like he's going to be Juggernaut or even current Juggy. Taking a few punches don't mean much, Cain did harm him pretty well.

SamZED
Thing, She-Hulk, Hulk, Juggernaut and the list goes on of the heavy hitters he fought.

General_Iroh
Venom has always been able to take a hit, though I do agree that Anti-Venom is lame as hell, but that's comics for you nowadays, I haven't picked up a half-decent comic that's not deadpool related in years erm

TheOneFirestorm
Ok wow dumb, lame, but please don't use the word retarded when describing something you dislike, loathe or hate.

TheOneFirestorm
First off, terrible name. Secondly, retarded random healing powers. Thirdly, he's basically invincible. After he took Punisher's shotgun blast to the back of the head and then healed, I was done.

Please do elaborate why the name is terrible because you give no reasons to support your statement.

Also if you hate a character, movie, etc the word retarded shouldn't be used. Lameass, awful, dumb, etc those are words you should use.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.