Pick a Power: Tycoon edition

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

D_Dude1210
You and three friends of equal knowledge/abilities/resources are called to a secret undisclosed location where you are offered a very unique opportunity.

You will be given unique powers where you will be given one year to make as much money as you possibly can. There are some rules:

1) You cannot break the law in any way.
2) You cannot hinder the progress of your fellow competitors.
3) You cannot disclose that you have any powers whatsoever (you can use it publicly as long as you have a means of explaining it w/o it being proven as a superpower) to anyone.

You all start at 0 dollars and are simply given the clothes on your back. At the end of the year, the guy who makes the MOST money KEEPS his powers and memories and is given ALL the earnings made by the rest of his friends. Everyone else loses their money, powers and memories of the events.

W/c powers will you choose and how are you gonna make it work for you??

The powers:
1) Northstar's Flight/Superspeed.
2) Hank Pym's Pym Particles (just the ability to shrink/grow things, you DO NOT know how the tech works).
3) Storm-level weather control.
4) Wolverine Feral tracking ability, adamantium bones/claws and Healing Factor.

As luck would have it, you are allowed to pick first.

Solidus Black
Pym Particles. I would be a transporter. I would become a shipping magnate. Imagine carrying a ship with 400 forty foot containers of goods with you on a plane. You save your clients millions in shipping/insurance.

Imagine having 200 of those in a pocket/sealed container that would stop them from being shaken around?

Even if they pay the necessary taxes and duties. Imagine carrying an entire pipeline of oil in a straw?

Solidus Black
I would be a billionaire in less than three months

Parmaniac
Pym Particles

I would start begging people for a few dollars, then go to a junkdealer and by a small piece of copper let it grow the size of a car and resell it. Then I would buy a small diamond make it bigger and resell it. I guess you can imagine how I would procede.

D_Dude1210
Aren't pym particles temporary tho? Or do they grow/shrink things permanently?

Black bolt z
Wolverine.

I culd probably be a Goverment assassin. I'd shoot more people then dick cheny.

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Pym Particles

I would start begging people for a few dollars, then go to a junkdealer and by a small piece of copper let it grow the size of a car and resell it. Then I would buy a small diamond make it bigger and resell it. I guess you can imagine how I would procede.

thumb up

I would go abstract level with gold laughing out loud

Originally posted by Solidus Black
Pym Particles. I would be a transporter. I would become a shipping magnate. Imagine carrying a ship with 400 forty foot containers of goods with you on a plane. You save your clients millions in shipping/insurance.

Imagine having 200 of those in a pocket/sealed container that would stop them from being shaken around?

Even if they pay the necessary taxes and duties. Imagine carrying an entire pipeline of oil in a straw?

thumb up

Depending on the level of control you get with the Pym Particles (place them inside of capsules that can react on their own?) you could start a company kind of like Capsule Corp. from Dragon Ball. I'd let others deal with the cost of ships and fuel, focus entirely on storage capacity.

Originally posted by Black bolt z
Wolverine.

The purpose is to make money, more so than the others. no expression

Lord_Talron
become a private bounty hunter using wolverines powers. find people or kill people. people pay a shit-ton for that type of stuff, especially if everyone is going to you because you are by far the best smile

D_Dude1210
Yeah, the Pym particles/growth thingie is pretty broken. But are pym particles permanent, tho? Don't they wear off after a time?

rotiart
I'd say wolverine sells hisself as a sniper and earns cash the old fashion way...

I'm sure that as the flash he'd end up breaking a jaywalking law... Be running on the freeway or crossing intenational boundaries without proper paperwork... Ie breaking the law... Just cause you can run from America to japan doesn't mean you don't need a passport...

Same with the ion particles... Even if you could giant size
Something and leave it that size when u in turn shrink... If you dragged ferries you'd probably need a passport... And a lot of cities have anti begging laws in effect now... Good luck getting started..

Storm... I can't really getting a good paying job unless she becomes like Americas most watched meteorologist or something...

Uriel005
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Wolverine.

assassins don't make much money life is cheap. All your expenses might be paid if you're an official contractor for the government but you won't be bagging multimillion dollar bounties. What you could do is make money on the medical market on a patent for your blood. w/ Wolverines HF. but you would have to break OP stips.

Pym is easiest to make short term gains as a transporter.

Storm however probably has best long term gains in energy industry. So for the stipulations Pym particle control is best. If it werent for the year limitation storm would definitely be best long term for your life span.

Northstar would be a good thief but other than that not much use.

3 is the obvious answer. Crops, biofuel, environmental managenment and restoration, pest control, irrigation, etc.

rotiart
If there wasn't a law against enslaving nature... There should be. I see your point with the ag argument... You'd get a never-ending supply of frost protected fresh crops.

I forgot she can also control ocean currents and generate plasma. yeah, this is a nobrainer.

Bouboumaster

Sirius77
Storm's powers. I make a metal box and say that it can make perfect weather anywhere. I alone know how to "work" it. Other countries will pay me to give them perfect weather. Especially ones with droughts or expectant hurricanes.

I become the richest/ most powerful person on the planet in a matter of months.

I can cure hunger, turn wastelands into gardens and make a superpower out of 3rd world country. That's only using some of storms power.

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Sirius77
Storm's powers. I make a metal box and say that it can make perfect weather anywhere. I alone know how to "work" it. Other countries will pay me to give them perfect weather. Especially ones with droughts or expectant hurricanes.

I can cure hunger, turn wastelands into gardens and make a superpower out of 3rd world country. That's only using some of storms power.

Playing "god" with governments is sure to lead to one thing: an assassination and people trying to steal the box. Pitting one government against the other (making a superpower out of one country at the expense of another) is a tricky thing.

I'm not saying I disagree with the method per say, just stating the dangers therein. I'd have to agree that if you could get governments to pay you billions of dollars to save or supplement their economy, Storm's powers might in fact be best here.

Lord_Talron
what if they take apart the box

rotiart
Originally posted by Lord_Talron
what if they take apart the box

They find some tv guides inside.

Lord_Talron
aaaaand then they kno somethings up and you lose the competition

rotiart
Who says it was illegal to watch Oprah.

Lord_Talron
its against the rules for anyone to know you have powers.

Sirius77
Ohhhh, never thought of that... that sucks. I guess I'd find another way. Like saying it's nanites or something. You'd be surprised what people would believe.

Lord Feron
Pym 1st then weather control. Pym for already aformentioned reasons and weather control. Imagine controlling buy stock of say wheat or whatever produce. Then Making t a super shitty season for everyone driving prices of that produce stock sky high. You can also buy land that was worthless due to climate conditions and then make the land thrive and sell it or build on it. But again I think Pym particles are by far the easiest and quickest way to get money.

Solidus Black
Manipulation of teh stock markets is illegal

Q99
Originally posted by Sirius77

Yea, I hire myself out to deflect hurricanes.

I don't know about the 'turn wastelands into gardens' thing, there are climate consequences and that is just taking water from elsewhere, and most weather manipulation is temporary, so I wouldn't necessarily try that kind of thing, but you really don't need to in order to make billions.

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Pym 1st then weather control. Pym for already aformentioned reasons and weather control. Imagine controlling buy stock of say wheat or whatever produce. Then Making t a super shitty season for everyone driving prices of that produce stock sky high. You can also buy land that was worthless due to climate conditions and then make the land thrive and sell it or build on it. But again I think Pym particles are by far the easiest and quickest way to get money.

You only have one year erm

-Pr-
Pym for what everyone said.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.