Why is it important?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Daylan.O
You know, people always ask the question, whats the meaning of life or, what is love, now, there are several theories and several possible scenarios, but have we ever stopped to ask ourselves, why are these questions so important? I have several answers one of which is that its in human nature to question... But what do you think, why do we spend all this time of our lives trying to figure out the things of which it's answers cannot be proven or completely correct?

Lord Lucien
Gotta do something til lunch.

inimalist
go to the NHL.com forums and ask why hockey is important wink

Deja~vu
It's in our nature to ask questions. But what I wonder about is why are some people not asking them. There must be some fear there.

Mindship
Originally posted by Deja~vu
...what I wonder about is why are some people not asking them. There must be some fear there.

alltoomany
BC i want better for my kids?

elfirrepins
For half of the entire human race, we want to know these questions so that by the end of our lives we are content with everything we have done, and can leave the world with a clear conscience. Of course many people do not know these questions until right near the end of their lives so until then we find ourselves ways to answer these in the form of living what we think these questions are. And of course most of the time it differs from what it actually is, and half of the time it is difficult to do so due to the conditions.

So the question is, why is it important? I really don't know why. It would take someone who has already answered these questions to tell us, and of course there are not that many here who fit that description.

Darth Piggott
I think it's our nature to question. It's a small part of what makes us human.

alltoomany
Originally posted by Daylan.O
You know, people always ask the question, whats the meaning of life or, what is love, now, there are several theories and several possible scenarios, but have we ever stopped to ask ourselves, why are these questions so important? I have several answers one of which is that its in human nature to question... But what do you think, why do we spend all this time of our lives trying to figure out the things of which it's answers cannot be proven or completely correct?

So the BIG companies can sell you on your ideas?

Storm
Because humans naturally desire to gain a better understanding of themselves and their world.

movie1
'Importance' is just a strong want. If we die, it only matters to us, and no one else, nothing else.

curiosity, mortality anxiety, need for meaning, boredom

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.