Maxima vs Magneto

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
spawned from another thread. thoughts?

batdude123
DarkCrawler and I already proved Magneto would win.

uhuh

PillarofOsiris
Absolute stomp in favor of Maxima.

leonidas
Originally posted by batdude123
DarkCrawler and I already proved Magneto would win.

uhuh

laughing

i'd forgotten all about that..... shifty

leonidas
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
Absolute stomp in favor of Maxima.

how do you think she stomps him?

PillarofOsiris
Maxima's sheilds are stronger than Magneto's. She is strong/durable enough that she can hang with Superman and even with Doomsday (In the first battle with Doomsday in Adventures of Superman #498, Maxima is the only one in the Justice League that was able to actually hurt and withstand blows from Doomsday, besides Superman), and her telekinesis is pretty powerful. In fact, her psionic powers can even amp her strength even more as well.

Her optical beams have staggered Superman. And when she was weakened and demoralized(Starbreaker had absorbed quite a bit of her energy and the people she ruled kicked her head in), she was capable of manipulating continental plates on a planet that was supposed to be much larger than Earth. During "Panic in the Skies" she matched and defeated Brainiac(when he was amped by WarWorld) in a telepathic stand-off (of course, Magneto's helmet will help there). She's also shown a high degree of superhuman speed, in fact her speed has overwhelmed even Superman before.

Maxima is on a whole different tier than Magneto. If you think Magneto can beat Maxima, then you probably think Magneto can beat Superman as well, and if that's the case, there's really nothing left to say.

Oh and I should also mention that she has a degree of control over magnetism as well.

leonidas
nice. i feel she'd beat him too, but his shields would be an issue for her i think.

PillarofOsiris
Depending on the circumstances of the fight (how it starts...i.e. how far apart they start, if they are both going all out and using their powers to the max, and if he doesn't start with his shields already up) she'd probably tear his head off before he even got a chance to put his shields up. And considering Thor has physically overpowered Magneto's force fields, I think Maxima could do it even if Magneto got them up in time. And I can't even see how Magneto could even hurt Maxima, nevermind put her down, especially with her durability and her much stronger shields.

leonidas
Depending on the circumstances of the fight (how it starts...i.e. how far apart they start, if they are both going all out and using their powers to the max, and if he doesn't start with his shields already up) she'd probably tear his head off before he even got a chance to put his shields up.

not likely. she's not fast enough to kill him before he can shield i don't think. and here, he'd have his shield up anyway.

confused

really? where did this happen?

i don't think she does too much once his shield is up, actually. as far as hurting her--something like this:

http://img382.imageshack.us/img382/3753/magsvssentryye4.jpg

would do the trick. he could also just choke her with metal dust, pummel her with metal--blows that have ko'd rogue, colossus. i suppose he could open a wormhole to bfr her or kill her i we get really exotic and also possibly jam her psionic abilities like he's done to jean in the past. not sure if her blood is iron-based, but that might work as well. his energy manip is NOT limited to ferrous materials--he has control over the entire EM spectrum, nor is her durability all THAT great.

i don't see him having any problem harming her or ko'ing her tbh. her shields would make it tough though for him to get a solid hit, but the reverse is also true. this is why i don't see it as a stomp by any means.

and hey, bats, look at me!! i'm arguing for magneto!! nwoot

PillarofOsiris
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Mjolnir/ThorMjolnir33-StrikingPowerJIM109.jpg

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by leonidas
as far as hurting her--something like this:

http://img382.imageshack.us/img382/3753/magsvssentryye4.jpg

nwoot

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that Magneto amped by some kind of entity?

blows that have ko'd rogue, colossus.

nwoot

KOing Colossus isn't exactly impressive. Neither is Rogue. In fact, you could add Rogue and Colossus to Magento's team and Maxima still handily beats all 3 of them at once.

nor is her durability all THAT great.

nwoot

Again, when heroes like the Martian Manhunter and Wonder Woman are going down to punches from Doomsday, and Maxima isn't, that's pretty great if you ask me.

batdude123
and hey, bats, look at me!! i'm arguing for magneto!! nwoot

http://i.imgur.com/gSpi8.gif

Prep-Man
Maxima.

Philosophía
Magneto.

Lord_Talron
maggy neato

Depending on the circumstances of the fight (how it starts...i.e. how far apart they start, if they are both going all out and using their powers to the max, and if he doesn't start with his shields already up) she'd probably tear his head off before he even got a chance to put his shields up. And considering Thor has physically overpowered Magneto's force fields, I think Maxima could do it even if Magneto got them up in time. And I can't even see how Magneto could even hurt Maxima, nevermind put her down, especially with her durability and her much stronger shields. thor has never physically overpowered his shields, no one has.

magneto wins

Galan007
Magneto.

There's really nothing Max could do to bypass his shielding.

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by 753
thor has never physically overpowered his shields, no one has.

magneto wins

Did you miss this post?

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Mjolnir/ThorMjolnir33-StrikingPowerJIM109.jpg

That hammer doesn't even appear to be magically charged in that picture.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that Magneto amped by some kind of entity?
he didn't break through, magneto's shields have held out against barrages from him on other occasions without exhaustion and those scans are like 100 years old (thor has absorbed the shield with mjolnir though, but maxima aint got no mjolnir)

PillarofOsiris
She was so fast Superman was having a hard time keeping up with her. Magneto wouldn't have time to get his shields up.

Also, I'd imagine Maxima's shields are more powerful than Magnetos.

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by 753
he didn't break through, magneto's shields have held out against barrages from him on other occasions without exhaustion and those scans are like 100 years old (thor has absorbed the shield with mjolnir though, but maxima aint got no mjolnir)

Proof? Where does it say the hammer absorbed anything.

And Magneto said his shields were going down. How can you possibly think a magnetic shield is unstoppable anyway? Maxima fought a guy who broke down time and space with his punches.

Galan007
Also, I'd imagine Maxima's shields are more powerful than Magnetos. Your imagination and on panel showings are quite different, I'm afraid.

Where shielding is concerned, Magneto is FAR superior to Max (feat-wise.)

Zack Fair
Do you think Maxima can hit as hard as Thor with MJOLNIR?

Existere
If they start with shields down, Maxima's best bet is probably to use her speed to quickdraw a tk/tp attack that at least throws Magneto off for long enough for her to get physical.

So... he probably wins, more often than not.

Proof? Where does it say the hammer absorbed anything.

And Magneto said his shields were going down. How can you possibly think a magnetic shield is unstoppable anyway? Maxima fought a guy who broke down time and space with his punches. that's not the issue he did it in, the scan is in thor's respect thread I believe, story is pretty old too. he said he couldnt hold out indefinitely, but he was still resisting and IINM thor never broke through. anyway, thor mjolnir and shulkie have gone at the shields together and failed to put it down, mags even mocked them behind it. phoenix's tk pulse didnt break through either, the list goes on.

now, obviously magneto cant hold out forever and eventually his shields would go down to thor, SM, and prolly maxima too if he just stood there taking their blows as they have godlike stamina and he would strain, but in a battle timeframe, he can put her down before that happens.

PillarofOsiris
Didn't Selene take down Magento's shields, or at least bypass them as well?

ymebada
max turns the air inside of Magneto's shield into some sort of Ko gas. Or blitzes him.

Badabing
Originally posted by ymebada
max turns the air inside of Magneto's shield into some sort of Ko gas. Or blitzes him. laughing out loud

bumping

abhilegend
Magnus wins. However maxima can use wood arrows to own magneto.stick out tongue

Originally posted by abhilegend
Magnus wins. However maxima can use wood arrows to own magneto.stick out tongue mags lost some serious street cred on legacy

abhilegend
Originally posted by 753
mags lost some serious street cred on legacy
Gambit taking him out was just stupid. Also exhausting himself against a cannon fodder predator x? I mean WTF.

yeah, not to mention the subway accident travesty right at the end of legacy when he couldnt even pull the thing from underground or open a channel to it.

abhilegend
Originally posted by 753
yeah, not to mention the subway accident travesty right at the end of legacy when he couldnt even pull the thing from underground or open a channel to it.
What? I'm not sure I've seen that. What happened?

Originally posted by abhilegend
What? I'm not sure I've seen that. What happened? it was in the last issues of x-men legacy 273 or 274. the tunnels collapse and trap a subway train in new york with the passengers inside. Instead of locating the train and pulling it from the ground while securing the passengers or tearing the ground open to it, mags follows rogue and crawls down to the train while they scrap themselves on the debris (he couldnt even make a proper tunnel), so that rogue can use her firefigting/paramedic skills to save the day. except for that one guy with a piece of shrapnel through his stomach, that is. they just watch him die. mags apparently couldnt stop the bleeding, safely remove the shrapnel or trasnport the guy up. IIRC the passenger shad to crawl up too.

abhilegend
Originally posted by 753
it was in the last issues of x-men legacy 273 or 274. the tunnels collapse and trap a subway train in new york with the passengers inside. Instead of locating the train and pulling it from the ground while securing the passengers or tearing the ground open to it, mags follows rogue and crawls down to the train while they scrap themselves on the debris (he couldnt even make a proper tunnel), so that rogue can use her firefigting/paramedic skills to save the day. except for that one guy with a piece of shrapnel through his stomach, that is. they just watch him die. mags apparently couldnt stop the bleeding, safely remove the shrapnel or trasnport the guy up. IIRC the passenger shad to crawl up too.
Hahaha, WTF? That's ridiculous.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.