KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Maxima vs Magneto

Maxima vs Magneto
Started by: leonidas

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Maxima vs Magneto

spawned from another thread. thoughts?

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2011 03:58 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

DarkCrawler and I already proved Magneto would win.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2011 04:00 PM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PillarofOsiris

Absolute stomp in favor of Maxima.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2011 04:01 PM
PillarofOsiris is currently offline Click here to Send PillarofOsiris a Private Message Find more posts by PillarofOsiris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by batdude123
DarkCrawler and I already proved Magneto would win.

laughing

i'd forgotten all about that..... shifty

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2011 04:04 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
Absolute stomp in favor of Maxima.

how do you think she stomps him?

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2011 04:04 PM
PillarofOsiris

Maxima's sheilds are stronger than Magneto's. She is strong/durable enough that she can hang with Superman and even with Doomsday (In the first battle with Doomsday in Adventures of Superman #498, Maxima is the only one in the Justice League that was able to actually hurt and withstand blows from Doomsday, besides Superman), and her telekinesis is pretty powerful. In fact, her psionic powers can even amp her strength even more as well.

Her optical beams have staggered Superman. And when she was weakened and demoralized(Starbreaker had absorbed quite a bit of her energy and the people she ruled kicked her head in), she was capable of manipulating continental plates on a planet that was supposed to be much larger than Earth. During "Panic in the Skies" she matched and defeated Brainiac(when he was amped by WarWorld) in a telepathic stand-off (of course, Magneto's helmet will help there). She's also shown a high degree of superhuman speed, in fact her speed has overwhelmed even Superman before.

Maxima is on a whole different tier than Magneto. If you think Magneto can beat Maxima, then you probably think Magneto can beat Superman as well, and if that's the case, there's really nothing left to say.

Oh and I should also mention that she has a degree of control over magnetism as well.

Last edited by PillarofOsiris on Jan 22nd, 2011 at 05:50 PM

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2011 05:38 PM
PillarofOsiris is currently offline Click here to Send PillarofOsiris a Private Message Find more posts by PillarofOsiris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

nice. i feel she'd beat him too, but his shields would be an issue for her i think.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2011 06:09 PM
PillarofOsiris

Depending on the circumstances of the fight (how it starts...i.e. how far apart they start, if they are both going all out and using their powers to the max, and if he doesn't start with his shields already up) she'd probably tear his head off before he even got a chance to put his shields up. And considering Thor has physically overpowered Magneto's force fields, I think Maxima could do it even if Magneto got them up in time. And I can't even see how Magneto could even hurt Maxima, nevermind put her down, especially with her durability and her much stronger shields.

Last edited by PillarofOsiris on Jan 22nd, 2011 at 06:16 PM

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2011 06:13 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Depending on the circumstances of the fight (how it starts...i.e. how far apart they start, if they are both going all out and using their powers to the max, and if he doesn't start with his shields already up) she'd probably tear his head off before he even got a chance to put his shields up.

not likely. she's not fast enough to kill him before he can shield i don't think. and here, he'd have his shield up anyway.

quote:
And considering Thor has physically overpowered Magneto's force fields,

confused

really? where did this happen?

quote:
[/b]I think Maxima could do it even if Magneto got them up in time. And I can't even see how Magneto could even hurt Maxima, nevermind put her down, especially with her durability and her much stronger shields. [/B]

i don't think she does too much once his shield is up, actually. as far as hurting her--something like this:

http://img382.imageshack.us/img382/...vssentryye4.jpg

would do the trick. he could also just choke her with metal dust, pummel her with metal--blows that have ko'd rogue, colossus. i suppose he could open a wormhole to bfr her or kill her i we get really exotic and also possibly jam her psionic abilities like he's done to jean in the past. not sure if her blood is iron-based, but that might work as well. his energy manip is NOT limited to ferrous materials--he has control over the entire EM spectrum, nor is her durability all THAT great.

i don't see him having any problem harming her or ko'ing her tbh. her shields would make it tough though for him to get a solid hit, but the reverse is also true. this is why i don't see it as a stomp by any means.

and hey, bats, look at me!! i'm arguing for magneto!!

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2011 07:31 PM
PillarofOsiris

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2011 07:36 PM
PillarofOsiris

Originally posted by leonidas
as far as hurting her--something like this:

http://img382.imageshack.us/img382/...vssentryye4.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that Magneto amped by some kind of entity?

blows that have ko'd rogue, colossus.

KOing Colossus isn't exactly impressive. Neither is Rogue. In fact, you could add Rogue and Colossus to Magento's team and Maxima still handily beats all 3 of them at once.

nor is her durability all THAT great.

Again, when heroes like the Martian Manhunter and Wonder Woman are going down to punches from Doomsday, and Maxima isn't, that's pretty great if you ask me.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2011 07:44 PM
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

and hey, bats, look at me!! i'm arguing for magneto!!

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2011 07:55 PM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Maxima.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2011 09:20 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Magneto.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2011 09:23 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord_Talron
The Lion's Roar

maggy neato

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2011 09:53 PM
Lord_Talron is currently offline Click here to Send Lord_Talron a Private Message Find more posts by Lord_Talron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote

Depending on the circumstances of the fight (how it starts...i.e. how far apart they start, if they are both going all out and using their powers to the max, and if he doesn't start with his shields already up) she'd probably tear his head off before he even got a chance to put his shields up. And considering Thor has physically overpowered Magneto's force fields, I think Maxima could do it even if Magneto got them up in time. And I can't even see how Magneto could even hurt Maxima, nevermind put her down, especially with her durability and her much stronger shields.
thor has never physically overpowered his shields, no one has.

magneto wins

Old Post Mar 21st, 2011 10:33 PM
753 is currently offline Click here to Send 753 a Private Message Find more posts by 753 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Magneto.

There's really nothing Max could do to bypass his shielding.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Mar 21st, 2011 10:35 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PillarofOsiris

Originally posted by 753
thor has never physically overpowered his shields, no one has.

magneto wins

Did you miss this post?

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/...PowerJIM109.jpg

That hammer doesn't even appear to be magically charged in that picture.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2011 10:36 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that Magneto amped by some kind of entity?
he didn't break through, magneto's shields have held out against barrages from him on other occasions without exhaustion and those scans are like 100 years old (thor has absorbed the shield with mjolnir though, but maxima aint got no mjolnir)

Old Post Mar 21st, 2011 10:37 PM
753 is currently offline Click here to Send 753 a Private Message Find more posts by 753 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PillarofOsiris

She was so fast Superman was having a hard time keeping up with her. Magneto wouldn't have time to get his shields up.

Also, I'd imagine Maxima's shields are more powerful than Magnetos.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2011 10:38 PM