Team 7 Vs Weapon X

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
My version of Team 7:
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/9167/246912-139111-backlash_large.jpg
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/308/192035-183321-warblade_large.jpg
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/308/545093-gen_13_022024_large.jpg
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/7/71161/1591198-grifter_large.jpg
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/308/212009-149463-ambrose-chase_large.jpg
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/10837/1574369-198891_nemesis_400_large.jpg
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/7086/171734-87139-midnighter_large.jpg

Vs

Prep-Man
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/55543/1597433-5ronin_1_cover_large.jpg
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/6/61810/1638965-dp32_016_large.jpg
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/33806/1342947-128_wolverine_3_large.jpg
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/59086/1631207-x_23_by_moloko_plus_d36fesd_large.jpg
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/2/24656/1001226-wildchild_large.jpg
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/6/61766/1188997-1271176692_large.jpg
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/462/79499-83275-maverick_large.jpg

MrMind
team 7 stomp, they got midnighter, nemesis, 2 backlash, warblade, dane and abrose chase, some of the team members are not even street level anymore. on the other side you only have romulus and wolverine, possibly deadpool on team 7 level. midnighter, nemesis and warblade could take this team by themselves.
weapon x is outclassed here.

StyleTime
Midnighter and a standard equipment Nemesis would lose to anyone on the Weapon X side. Nemesis MIGHT squeak out a win on Deadpool or Zero. Warblade is definitely a threat though.

Planetary is on my list of things to read, but I do not know much about Chase. I never followed Dane beyond the original Team 7 and related stuff, so I can't speak with authority on him either. From what I understand, Dane and Chase might make this lopsided for Team 7.

MrMind
midnighter has fought more powerful foes than weapon x in authority, on daily basis. he could even took on memebers in authority like apollo, with his battle computer he could calculate out a way to win any of the weapon x members. nemesis is a trained kherubim fighter with thousands years of training. she's a master combatant with extremely fast agility, her nemesis swords are forged from shards of the Creation Engine that can cut through any material in the universe. plus as an kheran she has 10 tons strength like zealot. so i wouldn't suprise if the sword cut through adamantium. both of midnighter and nemesis can take any of the weapon x one on one and winning. with midnighter Battle Precognition and nemesis psychic power I could see them being team buster. warblade can shape his blade infinity sharp with his own crazy durability and strength. he could hurt captain atom for god sake.
the only problem with weapon x are most of the members have healing factors, but any of the team 7 members has encounter that before. they just need to go for the knock out or immobilized them.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by MrMind
midnighter has fought more powerful foes than weapon x in authority
ABC logic is extremely flawed. Not to mention thats wrong and I like to see you prove it.

, on daily basis. he could even took on memebers in authority like apollo,
Which is is full of CIS due to them being lovers......Also do you really wanna play this game with a character like Wolverine who foughten, gladiator, hulk, namor ect.

with his battle computer he could calculate out a way to win any of the weapon x members.
Just becuase he can conculate what could happen does not mean he can make it happer, nor if he winner in the scenarios that are being played out in his mind. He a guy with low superhuman stength trying to out down Wolverine before wolverine guts the crap out of him. Even if he hit him 3 to 1 which wont happen he still go down well before wolverine.

,nemesis is a trained kherubim fighter with thousands years of training.
so? does not change the fact nemesis is

she's a master combatant with extremely fast agility, her nemesis swords are forged from shards of the Creation Engine that can cut through any material in the universe. plus as an kheran she has 10 tons strength like zealot. so i wouldn't suprise if the sword cut through adamantium.
No evidence they could cut through adamatium. Also Zealot is not 10 tons and has zero feats to back her up being stronger then Wolverine let a lone 10 tons.

both of midnighter and nemesis can take any of the weapon x one on one and winning.
No they cant, not the majority.

with midnighter Battle Precognition and nemesis psychic power I could see them being team buster.
You are making his ability out to be much better then it is. And Nemesis powers would have zero effect on anyone on team x all of which have TP blockers.

warblade can shape his blade infinity sharp with his own crazy durability and strength. he could hurt captain atom for god sake.
Still matter little several people on team x would maul him.

the only problem with weapon x are most of the members have healing factors, but any of the team 7 members has encounter that before. they just need to go for the knock out or immobilized them.
Not to this level on opponents this skill, fast , durable and experienced.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by StyleTime Midnighter and a standard equipment Nemesis would lose to anyone on the Weapon X side. Nemesis MIGHT squeak out a win on Deadpool or Zero. Warblade is definitely a threat though. Planetary is on my list of things to read, but I do not know much about Chase. I never followed Dane beyond the original Team 7 and related stuff, so I can't speak with authority on him either. From what I understand, Dane and Chase might make this lopsided for Team 7.

read it. ambrose is certainly the most formidable here.

Mindset
Everyone dies except Grifter and Deadpool. smile

StyleTime
midnighter has fought more powerful foes than weapon x in authority, on daily basis. he could even took on memebers in authority like apollo, with his battle computer he could calculate out a way to win any of the weapon x members. nemesis is a trained kherubim fighter with thousands years of training. she's a master combatant with extremely fast agility, her nemesis swords are forged from shards of the Creation Engine that can cut through any material in the universe. plus as an kheran she has 10 tons strength like zealot. so i wouldn't suprise if the sword cut through adamantium. both of midnighter and nemesis can take any of the weapon x one on one and winning. with midnighter Battle Precognition and nemesis psychic power I could see them being team buster. warblade can shape his blade infinity sharp with his own crazy durability and strength. he could hurt captain atom for god sake.
I'm well aware of who these guys are, apart from Chase.

Midnighter is good, but Wolverine is just a bad match up for him. His skills are in the same tier as Zealot's, he has that pesky healing factor, and his skeleton is unbreakable.

As much as I like Nemesis, she is nowhere near the 10 ton range. Neither is Zealot. With standard equipment/CIS, she runs into the same problem as Midnighter against the Healing Brigade. Her psychic powers are limited to empathy which won't be of much use here.

I already agreed that Warblade is beastly. He can't carry his whole team though.

The healing factors are a large problem. Weapon X has a skill advantage over everyone except Nemesis, so going for the KO will be difficult.

That said, Dane and Chase may be deciding factors here (along with Warblade). Could someone weigh in on that? Those two prevent me from deciding who wins.
Originally posted by Mindset
Everyone dies except Grifter and Deadpool. smile
Then they have to fight though. biscuits

Ambient
I couldn't say much for the rest of team 7 but backlash can pretty much take on anyone of those guys one on one w/ CIS off 2 if not 3. If they don't finished Dane really quick, I think it would be a quick fight.. The problem is how they're going to take him out, his got invulnerability, tk shields for defensive measure.. It would be even fight if U take out Dane and replace him with say Ripclaw..

Dum Dum Dugan
CIS is on unless stated other wise.

Also invulnerability wont mean much against team x who many of which posses adamatium weapondry.

Also think people are serously over looking Agent Zero.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan

Also invulnerability wont mean much against team x who many of which posses adamatium weapondry.

who else besides logan?

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Starscream M
who else besides logan?
X-23, Romulas, agent zero and maybe deadpool and wild child.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Ambient
I couldn't say much for the rest of team 7 but backlash can pretty much take on anyone of those guys one on one w/ CIS off 2 if not 3. If they don't finished Dane really quick, I think it would be a quick fight.. The problem is how they're going to take him out, his got invulnerability, tk shields for defensive measure.. It would be even fight if U take out Dane and replace him with say Ripclaw..

It's going to be a pain getting through those shields. Dane is one powerful dude. I think he might be the most formidable instead of Ambrose.

srankmissingnin
Ambrose, Dane and Warblade could potentially solo. While none of the others could take the majority against more than one of the Marvel characters, they are more than enough to cement the win for Ambrose, Dane and Warblade.

Switch Romulus and Wildchild with Psylock to counter Dane, and Phantomex to counter Ambrose and it is a closer fight.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Ambrose, Dane and Warblade could potentially solo. While none of the others could take the majority against more than one of the Marvel characters, they are more than enough to cement the win for Ambrose, Dane and Warblade.

Switch Romulus and Wildchild with Psylock to counter Dane, and Phantomex to counter Ambrose and it is a closer fight.

Who would win in a battle against Fantomex and Ambrose?

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Who would win in a battle against Fantomex and Ambrose?

Depends. Does Fantomex trap Ambrose in his "misdirection," before Ambrose traps him in his time distortion field? Who ever goes first wins... or if it happens at the same time stalemate with Ambrose thinking he won.

StyleTime

That's about what I suspected the outcome to be. I just didn't get how someone thought Midnighter was the big threat when guys like Warblade and Dane are around.

MrMind
Originally posted by StyleTime
That's about what I suspected the outcome to be. I just didn't get how someone thought Midnighter was the big threat when guys like Warblade and Dane are around.
you mean me? I never mentioned Dane because I'm not familiar with wetworks. midnighter is a big threat because I don't think character like wolverine or x-23 could take him. he got tons of crazy feats that could put him on the level. plus he could run the fight 100 ways in his head and find the winning solution before the fight start, I wouldn't be surprise if he disarm any of the weapon x with his skill.

srankmissingnin
If Midnighter ran a fight between himself and Wolverine a billion times in his head, all he would find is the billion different ways Wolverine was about to kick his ass.

MrMind
it would be awesome if there's any back up for this statement

srankmissingnin
it would be awesome if there's any back up for this statement

He could only come up with 5 possible winning scenarios against three members of the Mercs? The Mercs are Z-List losers at their best.

He couldn't come up with a single winning scenario that didn't evolve Apollo when he was surrounded by three SAS soldiers with guns trained on him?

His battle computer has never given him an advantage on anyone who wasn't nameless fodder? Nemesis. Zealot. Grifter. Hawksmoore. They have all shown they can more than hold their own in a physical confrontation. Wolverine would roll Midnighter with ease.

MrMind
He could only come up with 5 possible winning scenarios against three members of the Mercs? The Mercs are Z-List losers at their best.

He couldn't come up with a single winning scenario that didn't evolve Apollo when he was surrounded by three SAS soldiers with guns trained on him?

His battle computer has never given him an advantage on anyone who wasn't nameless fodder? Nemesis. Zealot. Grifter. Hawksmoore. They have all shown they can more than hold their own in a physical confrontation. Wolverine would roll Midnighter with ease.
are you really comparing hawksmoore or apollo to wolverine? come on. and sure midnighter cannot beat nemesis or zealot but zealot or nemesis can't beat him either. I think zealot and nemesis can beat wolverine too since their blades can cut through any matter. with their thousands year training.
just recently midnighter ko maul with nerve strike. he's extremely skilled. if you read authority he face superhuman all the time. plus midnighter is extremely strong dude killed two monster by ripping part of the rail and throw right in their mouth. just because the weapon x got healing factor doesn't mean any of them wouldn't get ko or disarm. deadpool got owned by the cat for god sake.

srankmissingnin
are you really comparing hawksmoore or apollo to wolverine? come on. and sure midnighter cannot beat nemesis or zealot but zealot or nemesis can't beat him either. I think zealot and nemesis can beat wolverine too since their blades can cut through any matter. with their thousands year training.
just recently midnighter ko maul with nerve strike. he's extremely skilled. if you read authority he face superhuman all the time. plus midnighter is extremely strong dude killed two monster by ripping part of the rail and throw right in their mouth. just because the weapon x got healing factor doesn't mean any of them wouldn't get ko or disarm. deadpool got owned by the cat for god sake.

Outside a city handicapped to h2h, Hawksmoore is Spider-man lite, and that is who Midnighter fights.

Nemesis walked all over Midnigher and Hawksmoore at the same time. Zealot had Midnighter dead to rights and he only managed to save face because the fight was interrupted and he seized advantage while Zealot was distracted.

Midnighter got his ass kicked by Jukko. He was so out classed by Jukko's skill that he thought he had super powers... Jukko isn't even in the top 20 of Wildstorm fighters. Midnighter is - at best - a third tier combatant, luckily he spends most of his time fighting no body fodder who line up to get one shotted.

He has class two strength, barely enhanced speed, and durability and healing insufficient to go to blows with anyone on the Marvel team and come out on top.

Mrblonde
If Midnighter ran a fight between himself and Wolverine a billion times in his head, all he would find is the billion different ways Wolverine was about to kick his ass.

thumb up

Prep-Man
Outside a city handicapped to h2h, Hawksmoore is Spider-man lite, and that is who Midnighter fights.

Nemesis walked all over Midnigher and Hawksmoore at the same time. Zealot had Midnighter dead to rights and he only managed to save face because the fight was interrupted and he seized advantage while Zealot was distracted.

Midnighter got his ass kicked by Jukko. He was so out classed by Jukko's skill that he thought he had super powers... Jukko isn't even in the top 20 of Wildstorm fighters. Midnighter is - at best - a third tier combatant, luckily he spends most of his time fighting no body fodder who line up to get one shotted.

He has class two strength, barely enhanced speed, and durability and healing insufficient to go to blows with anyone on the Marvel team and come out on top.

20 fighters? I don't think there are 20 Wildstorm fighters.

srankmissingnin
20 fighters? I don't think there are 20 Wildstorm fighters.

I ment to say "Midnighter isn't in the top 20 Wildstorm fighters," not Jukko. sad

In no order:

Paris
Zealot
Nemesis
Grifter
Warblade
Deathblow
Rose Tatoo
Jukko
Grand Sarin
Backlash (Marc)
Grail
Jakita
Warblade
Javen
Dane
Sublime
Cybernary
Redbird
Artemis
Scarlet
Ferrian

srankmissingnin
Midnighter runs scenarios and calculates odds, picks the method with the highest chance of victory... and then tries to get who ever he is fighting to fight the way he wants. It isn't a sure bet, and as far it has largely only ever worked on nobody fodder. Midnighter isn't Freestyle. He doesn't see all the possible futures and pick the one he wants to transpire and it transpires, that isn't what his powers are. The success of Midnighter's powers have as much to do with his opponent as they do with him.

King Castle
i give the the win to team 7 due to reno.

seems weapon x arent even weapon x members.

X23, Romulus and wildchild seem more like a onesided hindrance

-K-M-
wildchild a hinderance? oh my.

King Castle
Originally posted by -K-M-
wildchild a hindrance? oh my. Damn, right. shifty

i just never liked him, he was always a watered down mockery of sabe and wolvie.

i know he fought sas but i still dont like him nor em i impressed by him.

-K-M-
Originally posted by King Castle
Damn, right. shifty

i just never liked him, he was always a watered down mockery of sabe and wolvie.

i know he fought sas but i still like him nor em i impressed by him.

Even before his recent upgrade he gave Wolverine a serious fight.

He also fought Wolverine after his Romulus upgrade and showed he was faster and had poisons that actually knocked Wolverine out for 3 days

King Castle
do you consider his poison claws as standard or prep?

-K-M-
do you consider his poison claws as standard or prep?

No clue they never explained it, but that same WC beat Sabretooth off-panel and dragged him back to Romulus.

Dum Dum Dugan
Even before his recent upgrade he gave Wolverine a serious fight.

He also fought Wolverine after his Romulus upgrade and showed he was faster and had poisons that actually knocked Wolverine out for 3 days

He ambushed Wolverine it was far from a legit fight.

No clue they never explained it, but that same WC beat Sabretooth off-panel and dragged him back to Romulus.
were was this stated?

StyleTime

Also think people are serously over looking Agent Zero.
He is my favorite on the Weapon X side. It's just that the people he can take on are the same people everyone on his team can take on. It's too much overlap in this case. Weapon X needs more reliable answers for Dane, Chase, and Warblade.
you mean me? I never mentioned Dane because I'm not familiar with wetworks. midnighter is a big threat because I don't think character like wolverine or x-23 could take him. he got tons of crazy feats that could put him on the level. plus he could run the fight 100 ways in his head and find the winning solution before the fight start, I wouldn't be surprise if he disarm any of the weapon x with his skill.
I actually meant the general sentiment shared by many on Midnighter. In this case, it was you specifically. stick out tongue

Like I said, Midnighter is good; however, most of these guys just have a winning power/skill set against him. He'd literally have to avoid getting hit even once against most of these guys. It's not a likely outcome.

Warblade, Dane, and Chase are who gives Team 7 the win here.

Prep-Man
I ment to say "Midnighter isn't in the top 20 Wildstorm fighters," not Jukko. sad

In no order:

Paris
Zealot
Nemesis
Grifter
Warblade
Deathblow
Rose Tatoo
Jukko
Grand Sarin
Backlash (Marc)
Grail
Jakita
Warblade
Javen
Dane
Sublime
Cybernary
Redbird
Artemis
Scarlet
Ferrian

Oh, you're going by pure skill? Because Midnighter and Zealot were pretty even. Even the writer stated as much in his interview after the battle.

-K-M-
He ambushed Wolverine it was far from a legit fight.

were was this stated?

Ok? Notice I never mentioned anything about defeating him, just mentioned the claws and WC's superior speed

1. http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t105/DC_CaptainComet/wolverine_53_15.jpg
2. http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t105/DC_CaptainComet/wolverine_53_16.jpg

Dum Dum Dugan
Oh, you're going by pure skill? Because Midnighter and Zealot were pretty even. Even the writer stated as much in his interview after the battle.
thats not becuase of skill. Thats his combat computer. When it was turned off he got destroy by jukko.

Prep-Man
I'm not saying it was skill. I'm trying to clear it with Srank.

srankmissingnin

Yeah pure skill.

Dum Dum Dugan
Warblade might not be as big of a threat as people think. Has he ever withstood things like adamatium weapondry? Also I think Agent Zero blasts would take care of him rather easily to be honest.

King Castle
Warblade might not be as big of a threat as people think. Has he ever withstood things like adamatium weapondry? Also I think Agent Zero blasts would take care of him rather easily to be honest. it's b/c he can reform. not sure how long it would take him or if their is a limit to how much damage he can take b4 he cant recuperate or if it takes him a while reform to claim a win.

Dum Dum Dugan
it's b/c he can reform. not sure how long it would take him or if their is a limit to how much damage he can take b4 he cant recuperate or if it takes him a while reform to claim a win.
If thats the case wouldent Agent Zero beat him rather easily based of his own powers? I mean his blast would simply consume warblade.

Prep-Man
Yeah pure skill.

You honestly place Jakita above Midnighter?? What has she done that is skilled?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.