Real fictional value?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Entity
Which fictional things would be worth the most in the real world?

I don't mean inconceivable things like cosmic cubes or infinity gems but somewhat plausible items such as the super solider serum or heart shaped herb, vibranium, adamantium, or caps shield or Peter's web shooters?

Please try and give your personal appraisal one each item you add or disagree with.

Web Shooters, $50,000
Super Solider Serum, $4,800,000
Heart Shaped Herb, $ 3,000,000
Vibranium, about $300,000/kg
Adamantium, about $500,000/kg
Cap's shield about $5,000,000 just for what it is $15,000,000 if somehow the world really knew it was actually captain america's, seeing as how he is still a fictional character.

JakeTheBank
I think Tony said the web fluid alone, if patented, would net Peter billions of dollars in an issue of Invincible Iron Man.

Black bolt z
You are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay underestimating the value of these things.

Think about it like this:

Web shooters: Weird but effective way for police departments to stop crime and help keep the cities safe
Worth: $1,000,000-10,000,000

SSS: Could make any man the peak of shape and intellect. And in small doses, because of the benefits it provides i'm sure it could be used to cure cancer, stop poison from spreading and such and even let a parapelgic walk(mabye)
Worth: At minimum i'd say $100,000,000. Probably in a worldwide auction could go for 10,000,000,000. If its just sold in individual doses(and not like the whole secret to make it or anything)....probably $250,000 per dose.

Heart Shaped Herb: Kind of a dumbed down version of the SSS. Not as broad usage and effective but still very valuable due to the benefits.
Worth: Anywhere from $5,000,000-40,000,000

Vibranium: Uncountable amount of uses. In tanks for war. Protective coating for spaceships due its absorption of heat and vibrations.. Pretty much titanium on steroids.
Worth per kg(thats like 3 pounds right?): About $500,000

Adamantium: A goddamn near indestructible metal that can stand up to a nuke. Really what won't it be used for?
Worth per kg: $800,000-3,000,000

Caps shield: Strong then adamantium with the properties of vibranium?
Worth: A solid $50,000,000,000

Anything here could probably single handidly buy you an island. Some finance you a trip to mars.

Digi
Despite correctly identifying that Ent undervalued most of them, BBZ did the same. Any of these would go for billions. Scientific think-tanks, major corporations looking for exclusive rights to market them, freelance billionaires, countries looking for arms supremacy, the list could go on. Wars would be fought over them, nest eggs thrown away, national debts quadrupling, etc. etc. A single vial of SSS, for example, would easily go for over a trillion dollars, likely to a government body or mega-corporation for testing and reproduction.

JakeTheBank
Just look at comics themselves. Recently, an imperfect Super Soldier Serum went for like, what, 15 million during a black market auction as the minimum bid? The real deal would be priceless. Imagine if any country in the world had an army of Steve Rogers in the physical/mental sense. It would be scary as hell.

Entity
I was referring to just the amount of SSS or heart shaped herb for one dose. Not meaning for reproduction n marketing purposes. I mean they are suppose to be nearly impossible to reproduce, despite the fact they countlessly seem to amazingly be, right?

Same for Pete's web shooter's, thou I'm sure if any development department got ahold of them they could definitely be.

Originally posted by Black bolt z
Heart Shaped Herb: Kind of a dumbed down version of the SSS. Not as broad usage and effective but still very valuable due to the benefits. DUMBED DOWN VERSION OF THE SSS? erm
I've always seen the heart shaped herb as a slightly better alternative to the SSS. Peak human in most all areas the SSS grants with cat like reflexes and surpassing senses such as memorizing over 10,000 different scents perfectly. However, there is also a good risk of being poising from eating the herb so I valued it slightly lower then the SSS.

Thinking about the metals thou, you may be right about my estimates there. However considering how durable all of the substances would be in comparison to anything that actually is know to exist on Earth, what could really be done with them past the uses of them in exactly the form they originally come here in?

How many uses for them just as rocks or swords or laced bones or a shield could there be besides billionaire's bragging rights or perfect shielding of one small section of a tank or safe or ship? erm

basilisk
Begs the question as to why villains don't try to steal this stuff more often, either for their own use or to sell on the black market or to the military. Or why powerful governments such as the US don't outright confiscate or steal some of these things, or arrange "accidents" for their owners in order to claim the body/object in the interests of national security.

I mean how many times over the years have we seen Cap get captured or knocked out and the villains standing around gloating? "You know instead of standing around gloating like dumbasses waiting for him to escape and take us down, why don't we take this shield, sell it for like 10 billion dollars, and retire?"

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Entity
Which fictional things would be worth the most in the real world?

I don't mean inconceivable things like cosmic cubes or infinity gems but somewhat plausible items such as the super solider serum or heart shaped herb, vibranium, adamantium, or caps shield or Peter's web shooters?

Please try and give your personal appraisal one each item you add or disagree with.

Web Shooters, $50,000
Super Solider Serum, $4,800,000
Heart Shaped Herb, $ 3,000,000
Vibranium, about $300,000/kg
Adamantium, about $500,000/kg
Cap's shield about $5,000,000 just for what it is $15,000,000 if somehow the world really knew it was actually captain america's, seeing as how he is still a fictional character.
Web Shooters, depends on whether there's web fluid in them. If not then the items themselves may be the the 10,000s dollar range, if yes then they'd be worth millions.

Super Soldier Serum: tens or hundreds of millions if not in the billions. Rich people fearing for their health or wanting to become perfectly fit without spending lots of time dieting and exercising would clamor for it.

Heart shaped herb: same as SSS

Vibranium: this would depend on the quantity available, but I see it being incredibly expensive

Adamantium: same as above

Cap's Shield: its unique properties make it amazingly valuable, I can't even put a price on it

The Nuul
Web Shooters would be nothing special in the real world. Everthing else is a huge discovery.

Galan007
Devices that operate on zero-point-energy would fetch billions, me thinks.

Blair Wind
Originally posted by The Nuul
Web Shooters would be nothing special in the real world. Everthing else is a huge discovery.

False (assuming there is web inside of them). Scientists have been trying - unsuccessfully I might add - to mass produce spider webbing because collectively it is one of the strongest substances known to man while being one of the most flexible and durable. They'd like to use to replace Kelvar, for example.

Being that they could analyze the web itself - which Spiderman reproduces by the buttload - and then reverse engineer their own, the webbing would be extremely profitable to whoever sold it and perhaps even more profitable to whoever can successfully manufacture it.

dmills
Methinks that the vibranium would be priceless. Arctic or Wakandian. Think about it. A substance that much like diamond, is a sort of pseudo natural resource. One nullifies large quantities of heat, kinetic energy etc. The other breaks down any metal at the molecular level. The applications would be damn near limitless.

Adamantium on the other hand would probably prove to be economically inviable in the long term. Too costly to produce and apply in any practical sense.

I could see a myriad of uses for the webbing both in the construction industry as well as police and military contracting. Meanwhile, big pharmacieutical companies would make trillions with the hsh and sss.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by dmills

Adamantium on the other hand would probably prove to be economically inviable in the long term. Too costly to produce and apply in any practical sense.
I think it would be manufactured in small quantities for replacing titanium in critical areas like spacecraft.

inimalist
do you mean how much each of these items would cost on the open market, how much it would cost to develop and produce, or how lucrative the patents for such an item would be? Those numbers are going to differ dramatically.

The R&D needed for webshooters might outweigh the price people are willing to spend for the product, making that specific patent worth very little, but it would still be a hugely expensive item to design or buy from a store (this is just one possible example)

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Blair Wind
False (assuming there is web inside of them). Scientists have been trying - unsuccessfully I might add - to mass produce spider webbing because collectively it is one of the strongest substances known to man while being one of the most flexible and durable. They'd like to use to replace Kelvar, for example.

Being that they could analyze the web itself - which Spiderman reproduces by the buttload - and then reverse engineer their own, the webbing would be extremely profitable to whoever sold it and perhaps even more profitable to whoever can successfully manufacture it. In a weight to strength ratio spider web is 5x stronger then titanium.

Entity
Originally posted by inimalist
do you mean how much each of these items would cost on the open market, how much it would cost to develop and produce, or how lucrative the patents for such an item would be? Those numbers are going to differ dramatically.

The R&D needed for webshooters might outweigh the price people are willing to spend for the product, making that specific patent worth very little, but it would still be a hugely expensive item to design or buy from a store (this is just one possible example)

Ok to clarify lets say somehow someone was able to make a single round trip to the comic universe and back bring with them any item they could get a hold of. Since these items are fictional and not naturally occurring or know to be possible in our universe they can't be replicated or synthesised again. Once back they decided rather than keep the item they were just going to publicize it to the world and then hold an open auction to any and all bidders. Trying to find the true value and cash in for all its worth.

That clear it up? confused

srankmissingnin
I know Spider-man has taken it (plot hole), but the Heart Shape Herb is supposed to poison anyone not of royal blood...

Bentley
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
I know Spider-man has taken it (plot hole), but the Heart Shape Herb is supposed to poison anyone not of royal blood...

T'chaka did Peter's mother.

dmills
Originally posted by Omega Vision
I think it would be manufactured in small quantities for replacing titanium in critical areas like spacecraft.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I understand primary Adamantium is extremely difficult to manufacture, shape and mold. Iirc it also makes Wolverine roughly twice as heavy as someone with his body type would normally be. Wouldn't that kinda defeat the purpose of it being a titanium replacement, namely its strength, flexibility and light weight? I think vibranium would probably be a better candidate.

Perhaps some of our Wolverine experts can chime in.

Omega Vision
Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I understand primary Adamantium is extremely difficult to manufacture, shape and mold. Iirc it also makes Wolverine roughly twice as heavy as someone with his body type would normally be. Wouldn't that kinda defeat the purpose of it being a titanium replacement, namely its strength, flexibility and light weight? I think vibranium would probably be a better candidate.

Adamantium was IIRC made as a synthetic substitute for Vibranium because Vibranium was super hard to find. Meaning Adamantium was easier to manufacture than finding and manufacturing Vibranium.

I wasn't thinking of titanium's lightweight and flexibility so much as its high resistance to heat.

King Castle
wrong.

1. vibranium isnt equal nor similar to diamond as any other metal in strength and unbreakability. it has actually been broken and shattered in comics.

2. in comics adamantium has bn stated to be closer to a diamond than vibranium in density/durability.

3. aside from that adamantium wasnt created to replace nor replicate vibranium. it was created to remake captain america's shield which is adamantium prime(unique) which of course had vibranuim.

the failed attempts created true adamantium some what close to the properties to cap although not as efficient at kinetic absorption although still present at a lower rate.

dmills
Originally posted by King Castle
wrong.

1. vibranium isnt equal nor similar to diamond as any other metal in strength and unbreakability. it has actually been broken and shattered in comics.

2. in comics adamantium has bn stated to be closer to a diamond than vibranium in density/durability.

3. aside from that adamantium wasnt created to replace nor replicate vibranium. it was created to remake captain america's shield which is adamantium prime(unique) which of course had vibranuim.

the failed attempts created true adamantium some what close to the properties to cap although not as efficient at kinetic absorption although still present at a lower rate.

?

inimalist
Originally posted by Entity
Ok to clarify lets say somehow someone was able to make a single round trip to the comic universe and back bring with them any item they could get a hold of. Since these items are fictional and not naturally occurring or know to be possible in our universe they can't be replicated or synthesised again. Once back they decided rather than keep the item they were just going to publicize it to the world and then hold an open auction to any and all bidders. Trying to find the true value and cash in for all its worth.

That clear it up? confused

based on scarcity alone the value is infinite, or rather, would be limited by the highest bid of the most interested party, much more like origional pieces of art than valued for its utility.

This might drive the piece into the hundreds of millions or low billions, but would not be nearly as valuable as a piece that that could be researched to produce new innovations in the real world. The stipulation you have created really now only measures the anachronistic quality of the device, and is in no way related to its utility, function or ability to affect the modern world.

In this regard, the most valuable item in Marvel would be the one that appeals to the richest person on earth in such a way that they are willing to give all their fortune for it, whatever it might be. and, imho, this is more likely to be a used pair of MJ's panties than a webshooter that can't be patented.

srankmissingnin

Wolverine's skeleton is officially cited as adding an additional 100lbs to his frame. He weighs 300lbs with Adamantium, and 195lbs without (dated data Marvel has never upgraded since his original built when he first joined the X-Men, his shorter stockier self should be closer to 220... but whatever). The skeleton accounts for about 20% of the bodies weight, so we are looking at a bone skeleton of 39lbs, and an Adamantium skeleton of 144lbs. According to google steel is about 4.5 heavier than bone so a pure steel skeleton would be about 175lbs (plus the 39lbs skeleton if they are fused together like Wolverine's with Adamantium)

King Castle
? i was sayin spawn dude is wrong in the history to adamantium and you are wrong in making the diamond comparison to vibranium.

Originally posted by Omega Vision
Adamantium was IIRC made as a synthetic substitute for Vibranium because Vibranium was super hard to find. Meaning Adamantium was easier to manufacture than finding and manufacturing Vibranium.

I wasn't thinking of titanium's lightweight and flexibility so much as its high resistance to heat.

you can get srank, jinzin, dumdum to verify or correct me or contradict you guys assumptions on the metals

Entity
What about Pym Particles? What you think they would go for?

inimalist
low billions for the novelty. a fraction of what they could be worth if patented

Omega Vision
i was sayin spawn dude is wrong in the history to adamantium and you are wrong in making the diamond comparison to vibranium.

you can get srank, jinzin, dumdum to verify or correct me or contradict you guys assumptions on the metals
Lol. Relax, I believe you.

dmills
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Wolverine's skeleton is officially cited as adding an additional 100lbs to his frame. He weighs 300lbs with Adamantium, and 195lbs without (dated data Marvel has never upgraded since his original built when he first joined the X-Men, his shorter stockier self should be closer to 220... but whatever). The skeleton accounts for about 20% of the bodies weight, so we are looking at a bone skeleton of 39lbs, and an Adamantium skeleton of 144lbs. According to google steel is about 4.5 heavier than bone so a pure steel skeleton would be about 175lbs (plus the 39lbs skeleton if they are fused together like Wolverine's with Adamantium) Wow. You guys have this shyte down to a science lol! What about in relation to titanium?

dmills
i was sayin spawn dude is wrong in the history to adamantium and you are wrong in making the diamond comparison to vibranium.

you can get srank, jinzin, dumdum to verify or correct me or contradict you guys assumptions on the metals thumb up

King Castle
that's right. dont be getting wolvie info wrong and anything wolvie related ninja

i probably shouldnt correct you Srank... butm i believe the official weight was 95 lbs unless it has been recently changed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.