KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Real fictional value?

Real fictional value?
Started by: Entity

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Entity
Illuminati Founder

Worried Real fictional value?

Which fictional things would be worth the most in the real world?

I don't mean inconceivable things like cosmic cubes or infinity gems but somewhat plausible items such as the super solider serum or heart shaped herb, vibranium, adamantium, or caps shield or Peter's web shooters?

Please try and give your personal appraisal one each item you add or disagree with.

Web Shooters, $50,000
Super Solider Serum, $4,800,000
Heart Shaped Herb, $ 3,000,000
Vibranium, about $300,000/kg
Adamantium, about $500,000/kg
Cap's shield about $5,000,000 just for what it is $15,000,000 if somehow the world really knew it was actually captain america's, seeing as how he is still a fictional character.

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Old Post Feb 27th, 2011 02:32 AM
Entity is currently offline Click here to Send Entity a Private Message Find more posts by Entity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

I think Tony said the web fluid alone, if patented, would net Peter billions of dollars in an issue of Invincible Iron Man.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2011 05:21 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black bolt z
Mindsets Master

You are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay underestimating the value of these things.

Think about it like this:

Web shooters: Weird but effective way for police departments to stop crime and help keep the cities safe
Worth: $1,000,000-10,000,000

SSS: Could make any man the peak of shape and intellect. And in small doses, because of the benefits it provides i'm sure it could be used to cure cancer, stop poison from spreading and such and even let a parapelgic walk(mabye)
Worth: At minimum i'd say $100,000,000. Probably in a worldwide auction could go for 10,000,000,000. If its just sold in individual doses(and not like the whole secret to make it or anything)....probably $250,000 per dose.

Heart Shaped Herb: Kind of a dumbed down version of the SSS. Not as broad usage and effective but still very valuable due to the benefits.
Worth: Anywhere from $5,000,000-40,000,000

Vibranium: Uncountable amount of uses. In tanks for war. Protective coating for spaceships due its absorption of heat and vibrations.. Pretty much titanium on steroids.
Worth per kg(thats like 3 pounds right?): About $500,000

Adamantium: A goddamn near indestructible metal that can stand up to a nuke. Really what won't it be used for?
Worth per kg: $800,000-3,000,000

Caps shield: Strong then adamantium with the properties of vibranium?
Worth: A solid $50,000,000,000

Anything here could probably single handidly buy you an island. Some finance you a trip to mars.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2011 06:17 AM
Black bolt z is currently offline Click here to Send Black bolt z a Private Message Find more posts by Black bolt z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Despite correctly identifying that Ent undervalued most of them, BBZ did the same. Any of these would go for billions. Scientific think-tanks, major corporations looking for exclusive rights to market them, freelance billionaires, countries looking for arms supremacy, the list could go on. Wars would be fought over them, nest eggs thrown away, national debts quadrupling, etc. etc. A single vial of SSS, for example, would easily go for over a trillion dollars, likely to a government body or mega-corporation for testing and reproduction.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2011 07:00 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Just look at comics themselves. Recently, an imperfect Super Soldier Serum went for like, what, 15 million during a black market auction as the minimum bid? The real deal would be priceless. Imagine if any country in the world had an army of Steve Rogers in the physical/mental sense. It would be scary as hell.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2011 07:28 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Entity
Illuminati Founder

I was referring to just the amount of SSS or heart shaped herb for one dose. Not meaning for reproduction n marketing purposes. I mean they are suppose to be nearly impossible to reproduce, despite the fact they countlessly seem to amazingly be, right?

Same for Pete's web shooter's, thou I'm sure if any development department got ahold of them they could definitely be.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Heart Shaped Herb: Kind of a dumbed down version of the SSS. Not as broad usage and effective but still very valuable due to the benefits.
DUMBED DOWN VERSION OF THE SSS? erm
I've always seen the heart shaped herb as a slightly better alternative to the SSS. Peak human in most all areas the SSS grants with cat like reflexes and surpassing senses such as memorizing over 10,000 different scents perfectly. However, there is also a good risk of being poising from eating the herb so I valued it slightly lower then the SSS.

Thinking about the metals thou, you may be right about my estimates there. However considering how durable all of the substances would be in comparison to anything that actually is know to exist on Earth, what could really be done with them past the uses of them in exactly the form they originally come here in?

How many uses for them just as rocks or swords or laced bones or a shield could there be besides billionaire's bragging rights or perfect shielding of one small section of a tank or safe or ship? erm

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Old Post Feb 27th, 2011 08:01 AM
Entity is currently offline Click here to Send Entity a Private Message Find more posts by Entity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
basilisk

Begs the question as to why villains don't try to steal this stuff more often, either for their own use or to sell on the black market or to the military. Or why powerful governments such as the US don't outright confiscate or steal some of these things, or arrange "accidents" for their owners in order to claim the body/object in the interests of national security.

I mean how many times over the years have we seen Cap get captured or knocked out and the villains standing around gloating? "You know instead of standing around gloating like dumbasses waiting for him to escape and take us down, why don't we take this shield, sell it for like 10 billion dollars, and retire?"

Old Post Feb 27th, 2011 02:43 PM
basilisk is currently offline Click here to Send basilisk a Private Message Find more posts by basilisk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Re: Real fictional value?

Originally posted by Entity
Which fictional things would be worth the most in the real world?

I don't mean inconceivable things like cosmic cubes or infinity gems but somewhat plausible items such as the super solider serum or heart shaped herb, vibranium, adamantium, or caps shield or Peter's web shooters?

Please try and give your personal appraisal one each item you add or disagree with.

Web Shooters, $50,000
Super Solider Serum, $4,800,000
Heart Shaped Herb, $ 3,000,000
Vibranium, about $300,000/kg
Adamantium, about $500,000/kg
Cap's shield about $5,000,000 just for what it is $15,000,000 if somehow the world really knew it was actually captain america's, seeing as how he is still a fictional character.

Web Shooters, depends on whether there's web fluid in them. If not then the items themselves may be the the 10,000s dollar range, if yes then they'd be worth millions.

Super Soldier Serum: tens or hundreds of millions if not in the billions. Rich people fearing for their health or wanting to become perfectly fit without spending lots of time dieting and exercising would clamor for it.

Heart shaped herb: same as SSS

Vibranium: this would depend on the quantity available, but I see it being incredibly expensive

Adamantium: same as above

Cap's Shield: its unique properties make it amazingly valuable, I can't even put a price on it

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2011 04:52 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Web Shooters would be nothing special in the real world. Everthing else is a huge discovery.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2011 05:18 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Devices that operate on zero-point-energy would fetch billions, me thinks.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Feb 27th, 2011 05:32 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Originally posted by The Nuul
Web Shooters would be nothing special in the real world. Everthing else is a huge discovery.

False (assuming there is web inside of them). Scientists have been trying - unsuccessfully I might add - to mass produce spider webbing because collectively it is one of the strongest substances known to man while being one of the most flexible and durable. They'd like to use to replace Kelvar, for example.

Being that they could analyze the web itself - which Spiderman reproduces by the buttload - and then reverse engineer their own, the webbing would be extremely profitable to whoever sold it and perhaps even more profitable to whoever can successfully manufacture it.

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Feb 27th, 2011 06:01 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dmills
Centurion Prime

Methinks that the vibranium would be priceless. Arctic or Wakandian. Think about it. A substance that much like diamond, is a sort of pseudo natural resource. One nullifies large quantities of heat, kinetic energy etc. The other breaks down any metal at the molecular level. The applications would be damn near limitless.

Adamantium on the other hand would probably prove to be economically inviable in the long term. Too costly to produce and apply in any practical sense.

I could see a myriad of uses for the webbing both in the construction industry as well as police and military contracting. Meanwhile, big pharmacieutical companies would make trillions with the hsh and sss.

Last edited by dmills on Feb 28th, 2011 at 05:55 PM

Old Post Feb 28th, 2011 05:41 PM
dmills is currently offline Click here to Send dmills a Private Message Find more posts by dmills Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

Originally posted by dmills

Adamantium on the other hand would probably prove to be economically inviable in the long term. Too costly to produce and apply in any practical sense.

I think it would be manufactured in small quantities for replacing titanium in critical areas like spacecraft.

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2011 06:04 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

do you mean how much each of these items would cost on the open market, how much it would cost to develop and produce, or how lucrative the patents for such an item would be? Those numbers are going to differ dramatically.

The R&D needed for webshooters might outweigh the price people are willing to spend for the product, making that specific patent worth very little, but it would still be a hugely expensive item to design or buy from a store (this is just one possible example)

Old Post Feb 28th, 2011 07:21 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black bolt z
Mindsets Master

Originally posted by Blair Wind
False (assuming there is web inside of them). Scientists have been trying - unsuccessfully I might add - to mass produce spider webbing because collectively it is one of the strongest substances known to man while being one of the most flexible and durable. They'd like to use to replace Kelvar, for example.

Being that they could analyze the web itself - which Spiderman reproduces by the buttload - and then reverse engineer their own, the webbing would be extremely profitable to whoever sold it and perhaps even more profitable to whoever can successfully manufacture it.
In a weight to strength ratio spider web is 5x stronger then titanium.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2011 10:10 PM
Black bolt z is currently offline Click here to Send Black bolt z a Private Message Find more posts by Black bolt z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Entity
Illuminati Founder

Originally posted by inimalist
do you mean how much each of these items would cost on the open market, how much it would cost to develop and produce, or how lucrative the patents for such an item would be? Those numbers are going to differ dramatically.

The R&D needed for webshooters might outweigh the price people are willing to spend for the product, making that specific patent worth very little, but it would still be a hugely expensive item to design or buy from a store (this is just one possible example)

Ok to clarify lets say somehow someone was able to make a single round trip to the comic universe and back bring with them any item they could get a hold of. Since these items are fictional and not naturally occurring or know to be possible in our universe they can't be replicated or synthesised again. Once back they decided rather than keep the item they were just going to publicize it to the world and then hold an open auction to any and all bidders. Trying to find the true value and cash in for all its worth.

That clear it up? confused

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Last edited by Entity on Mar 1st, 2011 at 02:10 PM

Old Post Mar 1st, 2011 02:06 PM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

I know Spider-man has taken it (plot hole), but the Heart Shape Herb is supposed to poison anyone not of royal blood...

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Mar 1st, 2011 04:33 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by srankmissingnin
I know Spider-man has taken it (plot hole), but the Heart Shape Herb is supposed to poison anyone not of royal blood...

T'chaka did Peter's mother.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Mar 1st, 2011 04:58 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dmills
Centurion Prime

Originally posted by Omega Vision
I think it would be manufactured in small quantities for replacing titanium in critical areas like spacecraft.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I understand primary Adamantium is extremely difficult to manufacture, shape and mold. Iirc it also makes Wolverine roughly twice as heavy as someone with his body type would normally be. Wouldn't that kinda defeat the purpose of it being a titanium replacement, namely its strength, flexibility and light weight? I think vibranium would probably be a better candidate.

Perhaps some of our Wolverine experts can chime in.

Last edited by dmills on Mar 2nd, 2011 at 12:36 AM

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2011 12:30 AM
dmills is currently offline Click here to Send dmills a Private Message Find more posts by dmills Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

Originally posted by dmills
Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I understand primary Adamantium is extremely difficult to manufacture, shape and mold. Iirc it also makes Wolverine roughly twice as heavy as someone with his body type would normally be. Wouldn't that kinda defeat the purpose of it being a titanium replacement, namely its strength, flexibility and light weight? I think vibranium would probably be a better candidate.

Perhaps some of our Wolverine experts can chime in.

Adamantium was IIRC made as a synthetic substitute for Vibranium because Vibranium was super hard to find. Meaning Adamantium was easier to manufacture than finding and manufacturing Vibranium.

I wasn't thinking of titanium's lightweight and flexibility so much as its high resistance to heat.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2011 12:49 AM