Captain America (Steve) vs Cassandra Cain

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

comicdude
Morals On
Random Encounter
Standard Equipment
NYC
No prep
KO

I am up for debate. I'm going for Steve.

comicdude
Anyone?

joesha28
With SSS, i say Cap wins this... he's taken stronger, faster guys than Cassie.

Bentley
Originally posted by joesha28
With SSS, i say Cap wins this... he's taken stronger, faster guys than Cassie.

None of which has Cassie's skills though.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Bentley
He just as skilled if not more so then her.

Bentley
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he doesn't win. But when citing people who is faster but not skilled the argument can be misleading, I just don't see any speedster seasoned fighter going easily against Steve.

Daredevil1
In a fight I'll go with Steve.

chomperx9
H2H no weapons I slightly give it to cassie, with his shield he wins

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
if not more so then her.
kinda

Deadline
Originally posted by Omega Vision
kinda

Got any showings of her one-shotting a guy that can take shots from Thor?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Deadline
Got any showings of her one-shotting a guy that can take shots from Thor?
What instance are you referring to? Because that doesn't sound like a skill feat so much as good-old-fashioned comic book stupidity.

But in either case there is this:
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lhwq7vGMwN1qf6ytqo1_500.jpg

Daredevil1
Wait Cap's feats are stupid but the one you posted of her getting through S.Boys force field is not?

Cap has skill......the guy knows "where" to hit. As he takes out the Wrecker.

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/856/wrecker2xs9.jpg

Anyways these feats don't translate on how well they do against there own peers. Cass is no joke though she has stalemated Slade, stalemated Bruce, defeated Shiva. Her record is way better then Shiva. So I definitely can't speak to ill of her.

But Cap as well has stalemated Shang Chi, to have a advantage against Post power up Ironfist and having the advantages on many of his other peers(some circumstantial)

Basically I see this is Cap fans giving him the edge due to physical/mental stats combined with being one of the best fighters.

But I also can see why BG fans can claim she wins, as she is ranked number 1 for good reason and IMO she does have more knowledge in the exotic martial arts.

Deadline
What instance are you referring to?

Loads.

Because that doesn't sound like a skill feat so much as good-old-fashioned comic book stupidity.

Ok why do you get to define that as stupidty. Cap has more impressive feats.

It also looks like she did by distracting him, not that isn't impressive.

Originally posted by Daredevil1
Anyways these feats don't translate on how well they do against there own peers.

Not by itself but it can be used to supplement a case. I don't know of any third tier pulling stuff like that.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Daredevil1
Wait Cap's feats are stupid but the one you posted of her getting through S.Boys force field is not?

Cap has skill......the guy knows "where" to hit. As he takes out the Wrecker.

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/856/wrecker2xs9.jpg

Anyways these feats don't translate on how well they do against there own peers. Cass is no joke though she has stalemated Slade, stalemated Bruce, defeated Shiva. Her record is way better then Shiva. So I definitely can't speak to ill of her.

But Cap as well has stalemated Shang Chi, to have a advantage against Post power up Ironfist and having the advantages on many of his other peers(some circumstantial)

Basically I see this is Cap fans giving him the edge due to physical/mental stats combined with being one of the best fighters.

But I also can see why BG fans can claim she wins, as she is ranked number 1 for good reason and IMO she does have more knowledge in the exotic martial arts.
I wasn't trying to claim that Cass's feat isn't stupid, it is.

I just don't think that comic book PIS should be taken as skill.

Deadline
I wasn't trying to claim that Cass's feat isn't stupid, it is.

I just don't think that comic book PIS should be taken as skill.

Who gets to decide its PIS? In comics skills can be just as effective as powers, why would it be PIS when a character like Cap has been doing it since the 60s? Why do we start saying that hurting bricks is PIS when you live in a world were people can learn to have magical powers and get powers from radiation instead of cancer.

You're basically picking and choosing.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Deadline
Who gets to decide its PIS? In comics skills can be just as effective as powers, why would it be PIS when a character like Cap has been doing it since the 60s? Why do we start saying that hurting bricks is PIS when you live in a world were people can learn to have magical powers and get powers from radiation instead of cancer.

You're basically picking and choosing.
Lulz. Internal consistency is the name of the game.

Cap and Batman shouldn't be able to KO bricks, they do, but they shouldn't. Certainly not because of "skill", unless its a "skill" like Chi Amping or Karate Kid's 'super karate'

Deadline
Lulz. Internal consistency is the name of the game.

Exactly within the context of the universe its possible as its been shown for Cap for 100s of years. Within the context of a comic universe a person can have superhuman skill.

Cap and Batman shouldn't be able to KO bricks, they do, but they shouldn't. Certainly not because of "skill", unless its a "skill" like Chi Amping or Karate Kid's 'super karate'

That is a purely subjective statement, you do realise that you actually have to explain your case? All your doing is stating your opinion and theres nothing inherently more logical about it.

Both Cap and Batman know how to use chi as well. Considering that chi is supposed to be a quasi-mystical force and both of them know how to use it you're arguing its illogical for them to have amazing feats (hurting bricks in this case) with it.

Picking and choosing. Hell why don't we start arguing that its illogical for KK to do it as well?

Lord_Dagoth
Cassandra Cain.

Juk3n
What instance are you referring to? Because that doesn't sound like a skill feat so much as good-old-fashioned comic book stupidity.

This is the level of debate? Cassie is now a threat to a kryptonian? roll eyes (sarcastic)

CosmicComet
Originally posted by Bentley

Skill is next to impossible to quantify. One must realize that pretty much all showings of skill in fiction can be broken down into physical traits like speed, reaction time, hand-eye-coordination etc.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Skill is next to impossible to quantify. One must realize that pretty much all showings of skill in fiction can be broken down into physical traits like speed, reaction time, hand-eye-coordination etc.

My thoughts exactly.

Digi
Making a hasty match and asking someone to debate you isn't anywhere near the level of form needed for a match here in the battlezone forum. Either peruse the original BZ stips:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=8474695#post8474695

Or at least have a debating opponent, judges, and some match stips before making a thread. Thank you.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.