The Void vs 3 Heralds

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

keiththegreat
The Void

vs

The Silver Surfer, Thor, Beta Ray Bill

Personally, I think its pretty clear that the Void gets wrecked here, but I'm wondering what everyone else thinks.

The Nuul
Both SS and Thor have more consistent high end feats than Void does.

Non PIS or jobbing, either one solos.

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by The Nuul
SS and Thor has more consistent feats than Void.

Non PIS or jobbing, either one solos.

Thank God there are other sane people on this board.

the ninjak
I really wish What If #200 meant something here.

quanchi112
Void wins.

-Pr-
Originally posted by the ninjak
I really wish What If #200 meant something here.

Why?

bbrem123
Originally posted by -Pr-
Why?

cuz sentry was ripping through hero like paper....thor included

bbrem123
and void wins this

SamZED
Originally posted by bbrem123
cuz sentry was ripping through hero like paper....thor included He was pretty much doing the same thing in canon. That is untill Loki showed up and saved them before getting torn to pieces. Siege and DA made it clear Void is above heralds.

Naija boy
Neither ss nor Thor can solo the void, to think they can is pretty delusional and I'm a big fan of both characters while I'm not a fan of the void. it's ok even if juvenile to hate the void cuz he was a shitty character, it's not ok however to project the lack of quality in his characterization onto his power level in attempt to further express this juvenile hatred.

Both Thor and SS having more consistent high end feats than the void clearly arises due to their far longer periods of existence. Moreover, the void/ sentry is a character who was being steadily developed throughout his history and whose power level paralleled this development. The peak of this development came during the dark reign and siege issues where the sentry had come to terms with the void persona and was fully realizing his potential. To try to disregard the feats of the void performed when he had fully realized his powers on the basis of it being inconsistent with his showings from his earlier years in which his pysche prevented him from realizing that his potential, is intellectually disingenuous and quite frankly a pretty pathetic stance.

Thor and surfers high feats are nice, but in terms of battle practicality have little to no relevance here. Neither of them can stop void from doing the molecule man treatment as molecule man exceeds both of them in regards to levels of molecular control and his showings just prior to sentry/void dissipating him, still re-enforce this. The same goes for brb.

Void wins

Starscream M
very well said, naija.

PillarofOsiris
Why, because the Void was more ruthless? I didn't see Void doing anything in Siege that Thor or the SS couldn't have done if they were dicks like the Void. If Thor wanted to tear apart Ares, he could. Its been stated in comics many times Thor could kill many other heroes quite easily if he had wanted to. Look at what his MUCH weaker clone did to Goliath. Thor could be doing that all the time. The difference being, he's a hero.

Wei Phoenix
Both SS and Thor have more consistent high end feats than Void does.

Non PIS or jobbing, either one solos. Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
Thank God there are other sane people on this board.

What? They lose, badly.

The Nuul
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
What? They lose, badly.

Listen here you, go back under that rock you were hiding under.

Naija boy
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
Why, because the Void was more ruthless? I didn't see Void doing anything in Siege that Thor or the SS couldn't have done if they were dicks like the Void. If Thor wanted to tear apart Ares, he could. Its been stated in comics many times Thor could kill many other heroes quite easily if he had wanted to. Look at what his MUCH weaker clone did to Goliath. Thor could be doing that all the time. The difference being, he's a hero.

I dont think i even mentioned Ares once in my post. Neither Thor nor SS could tear apart the molecules of molecule man...ever. Heck neither of them could even do the same thing to Loki. This has nothing do with being more ruthless, he was more powerful plain and simple.

the ninjak
I likes what I sees.

Void wins this.
Originally posted by -Pr-
Why?

All above already said what I would've said.
What If #200's feats state that Sentry/Void had to consume a large amount of power in order to kill a god. The issue simply changed the fact that Sentry killed Ares earlier than he did during the siege.

Sentry/Void simply killed every other hero in his path because the so called being with an energy output of a million exploding suns lost such reserves when he killed Ares during the normal event.
Void at the end of that issue consumed the Earth and proceeded to eradicate everything else.

In a forum fight Sentry/Void has no such reserves because forum fights don't include What Ifs and other alternate reality situations.
Plus Robert's suicidal tendencies. wink

PillarofOsiris
I mention Ares because that's what most Void fans seem to cream their pants to. And yes, the SS or Thor COULD do that to Loki IMO, if they were killers.

Yes, that's amazing that Void beat MM. Guess what, Thor's beaten Galactus twice that I know of. He's broken the head of a Celestial. The Surfer has defeated (killed) Primordial gods.

And btw the Void shouldn't be able to kill Molecule Man either. But hey, Spiderman shouldn't be able to beat the classic Juggernaut, Heralds of Galactus, and the Hulk, but that's why we have the phrase "bad writing". After Void got the Helicarrier dropped on his head, Thor could have ended him right there, but he didn't want to. He flat out said he wouldn't kill him. And not only that, but Thor had gotten beaten down prior to his fight with the Void by a team that included at least 2 guys who had each beaten the Hulk one on one in the past while the sentry was sneak attacking him from the air.

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by the ninjak
I likes what I sees.

Void wins this.

All above already said what I would've said.
What If #200's feats state that Sentry/Void had to consume a large amount of power in order to kill a god. The issue simply changed the fact that Sentry killed Ares earlier than he did during the siege.

Sentry/Void simply killed every other hero in his path because the so called being with an energy output of a million exploding suns lost such reserves when he killed Ares during the normal event.
Void at the end of that issue consumed the Earth and proceeded to eradicate everything else.

In a forum fight Sentry/Void has no such reserves because forum fights don't include What Ifs and other alternate reality situations. Plus Robert's suicidal tendencies. wink

Yeah, and based on evidence gathered from What Ifs I can probably make a case that Rogue can beat Odin.

Colossus-Big C
thor cant tear ares apart. hell no

a thor with 10x strength took like 6-7 blows to kill ares

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C

You should go to the Thor respect thread on this site and look under the "Restraint" section. And the thread doesn't even have what I'd consider the best scans demonstrating Thor's restraint either.

Comics Queen
Originally posted by Naija boy
I dont think i even mentioned Ares once in my post. Neither Thor nor SS could tear apart the molecules of molecule man...ever. Heck neither of them could even do the same thing to Loki. This has nothing do with being more ruthless, he was more powerful plain and simple. I doubt that Molecule man was at full mental capacity. he does have a long history of being a tard.

Naija boy

Yes, that's amazing that Void beat MM. Guess what, Thor's beaten Galactus twice that I know of. He's broken the head of a Celestial. The Surfer has defeated (killed) Primordial gods.

And btw the Void shouldn't be able to kill Molecule Man either. But hey, Spiderman shouldn't be able to beat the classic Juggernaut, Heralds of Galactus, and the Hulk, but that's why we have the phrase "bad writing". After Void got the Helicarrier dropped on his head, Thor could have ended him right there, but he didn't want to. He flat out said he wouldn't kill him. And not only that, but Thor had gotten beaten down prior to his fight by the Void by a team that included at least 2 guys who had each beaten the Hulk one on one in the past.

Gimme a freaking break. Thor drove away a weakened galactus without he god blast. Very impressive, but in terms of battle practicality irrelevant. The void will just reform. The same goes for damaging the celestials head. The way in which the surfer beat the primordial gods is also irrelevant battle wise as in this scenario it cannot be replicated. The way void beat molecule man however is directly relevant to this fight and neither Thor nor ss nor brb have any method with which to counter it. Attemtping to turn this into a high fest comparison when the feats being used aren't even relevant to this battle is a red herring and is evidence of sn extremely weak argument.

Moreover ur comparison of void beating molecule man and spiderman beating hulk is another intellectually dishonest argument as well as a false analogy. Spiderman didn't best hulk, juggernaut or fire lord by directly proving to be more powerful them. He beats them due to them fighting like idiots. That is not in any way the same as voidsentry tsking molecule mans best shrugging it off and beating him at his own game. Not even close. Further more, what reenforces the labeling of pis in spider mans case is that spiderman powerlevel has been long established through his history. However one of the core points of sentries character was that his power level was always in constant flux based on his psyche. Therefore the two situations are totally incomparable.

Void still wins due to his displayed powers. No amount of hate infused arguments can change that.

Oh and I repeat neither hor nor Ss can simply dissipate Loki on a whim. Loki is at the very least a mid herald level character more likely high herald even. Ss and Thor have had encounters with him in the past and have nowhere been even insinuated as being so far above him.

Silent Master
The MM that Sentry beat didn't look very impressive.

Comics Queen
In order for Void to be taken seriously, he's going to have to deconstruct Galactus, Eternity, or some other powerful Entity on par with Molecule Man. MM is too unstable and ALWAYS limits himself during fights so using him as a bar is not a good standard. Especially for a one time feat.

Naija boy
The mm that sentry fought showed himself to be still considerably more powerful than any of the herald level people in this thread. Too attempt to ignore that and just disregard the feat under the pretense of instability is nonsensical.

Comics Queen
The mm that sentry fought showed himself to be still considerably more powerful than any of the herald level people in this thread. Too attempt to ignore that and just disregard the feat under the pretense of instability is nonsensical. Did he? Power without direction and full mental capacity means what? Thor had the power gem and was no where near the Zenith of his capability with said gem because he was a tard. Same thing with MM. And MM has a very long history of being a tard.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Comics Queen
In order for Void to be taken seriously, he's going to have to deconstruct Galactus, Eternity, or some other powerful Entity on par with Molecule Man. MM is too unstable and ALWAYS limits himself during fights so using him as a bar is not a good standard. Especially for a one time feat. honestly, that sounds like excuses.

Comics Queen
Excuses? You make excuses to your boss or someone in authority. You don't make excuses for a comic character. MM's history is rife with self imposed limits and him being a general tard. Until void consistantly defeats multiversal beings who aren't human tards, then the feat can't be used as viable. It's like Saying Spiderman can beat any herald that Firelord can beat just because Spiderman won. Ug.

Naija boy
lolwut?

Did he? Power without direction and full mental capacity means what? Thor had the power gem and was no where near the Zenith of his capability with said gem because he was a tard. Same thing with MM. And MM has a very long history of being a tard.

Lol, even accepting the assumption that he wasn't at full capacity or capabilities and whatnot. The level of molecular control he displayed even in this state would put him far above the likes of Thor and ss. Period. And sentry proved to be More powerful him in that situation. Thor with the pg is in no way similar to this situation. Not at all

the ninjak
Originally posted by Silent Master
The MM that Sentry beat didn't look very impressive.

He was a recluse. And had wrapped himself in constructs. He only wanted to be left alone and dealt with all of his assailants to the extent of his abilities.

Sentry overriding MM's defences briefly is no surprise to me. Sentry adapted and used his abilities with new awareness and decimated MM.

Sentry has always been a character who hungered for help in self awareness. But nobody could understand him until he let a Super Villain into his world. The tragedy of the Sentry story is that he was a simple junky who wanted a fix, therefore always having an evil force on the back of his psyche. Robert was never a noble guy until he acheived such power levels.

Early Sentry has him creating an alternate personality who coerces a mutant into helping it erase the minds and records of any evidence of his existence! Then proceeded into become different versions of himself in a desperate act of escapism.-

-A recluse in an apartment.
-A comicbook character.
-A prisoner in the Raft.

Can Sentry/Void win this fight yeah, can he lose? of course.

Comics Queen
lolwut?

Lol, even accepting the assumption that he wasn't at full capacity or capabilities and whatnot. The level of molecular control he displayed even in this state would put him far above the likes of Thor and ss. Period. And sentry proved to be More powerful him in that situation. Thor with the pg is in no way similar to this situation. Not at all Very much similar. Full mental capacity and willingness to fight is always relevant. And are we forgetting MM is a human being? Do you honestly think if MM wanted to, Sentry void could have done a thing but get turned into stone?

the ninjak
Very much similar. Full mental capacity and willingness to fight is always relevant. And are we forgetting MM is a human being? Do you honestly think if MM wanted to, Sentry void could have done a thing but get turned into stone?

Sentry evolved. Struck when he could.

Naija boy
Lol, he did more than turn him stone, he disintegrated him. And it didn't help him. Well it's clear at this point that all that is left are desperation arguments which completely deny the reality of what happened on panel.heh people really must not like the sentry

Starscream M
Excuses? You make excuses to your boss or someone in authority. You don't make excuses for a comic character. MM's history is rife with self imposed limits and him being a general tard. Until void consistantly defeats multiversal beings who aren't human tards, then the feat can't be used as viable. It's like Saying Spiderman can beat any herald that Firelord can beat just because Spiderman won. Ug. well, void doesn't have the chance to face many multiversal beings...so that's a moot point

also, spiderman had a lot of low showings that indicate the firelord instance was PIS. whereas Sentry was pretty much depicted as an ultrapowerful being with unknown limits.

Comics Queen
Lol, he did more than turn him stone, he disintegrated him. And it didn't help him. Well it's clear at this point that all that is left are desperation arguments which completely deny the reality of what happened on panel.heh people really must not like the sentry Do you think Sentry can beat the Beyonder? Or Galactus? Or Odin?

The Nuul
Do you think Sentry can beat the Beyonder? Or Galactus? Or Odin?
Yes because he doesnt want to die! LT couldnt even beat him.

Naija boy
Do you think Sentry can beat the Beyonder? Or Galactus? Or Odin?

Nope. Good thing they aren't in this thread.

the ninjak
Lol, he did more than turn him stone, he disintegrated him. And it didn't help him. Well it's clear at this point that all that is left are desperation arguments which completely deny the reality of what happened on panel.heh people really must not like the sentry

FTL speed.
Molecular Manipulation.
Immortality/Reconstruction.
Random TP insane feats.
Amped Hulk level strength.

Then you have Void!

The Nuul
Nope. Good thing they aren't in this thread.

He can beat MM whos not jobbing but he cant beat Odin, Galactus or Beyonder.

laughing

the ninjak
Void destroys everything.

Comics Queen

laughing That was my point.

Wei Phoenix
Listen here you, go back under that rock you were hiding under.

Ok.

SamZED
As Naija boy said, Spider-man never defeated Hulk, Firelord etc by displaying a greater level of power. Void however did show he's > that version of MM who may not have been as powerful as before still was >>>> any high herald.

Naija boy

laughing

Lol...retarded. Mm has been portrayed at different levels throughout his career. Many times below the likes of galactus and be yonder. Just because he wasn't at his universe warping level doesn't mean his molecular manip powers were below herald level, hence why I used his actual showings in that arc prior to the sentry fight when discussing him....jeez

Read
Think
....try following this simple step by step guide instead if whining and posting random smilies and u wud save urself from the constant embarrassment and idiotic displays....smh

Comics Queen
Originally posted by SamZED
As Naija boy said, Spider-man never defeated Hulk, Firelord etc by displaying a greater level of power. Void however did show he's > that version of MM who may not have been as powerful as before still was >>>> any high herald. Thor is also >> Any High Herald.

Comics Queen
Lol...retarded. Mm has been portrayed at different levels throughout his career. Many times below the likes of galactus and be yonder. Just because he wasn't at his universe warping level doesn't mean his molecular manip powers were below herald level, hence why I used his actual showings in that arc prior to the sentry fight when discussing him....jeez

Read
Think
....try following this simple step by step guide instead if whining and posting random smilies and u wud save urself from the constant embarrassment and idiotic displays....smh Just like every other uber villian that comes along and does all kinds of crazy stuff and then gets tooled by a hero. Sounds like a regular comic story line.

SamZED
Thor is also >> Any High Herald. He isnt >>> that version of MM though.

The Nuul
He isnt >>> that version of MM though.

And nor is a non PIS Voidtry.

Comics Queen
He isnt >>> that version of MM though. Now, here's a serious thought, what if MM was caught off guard? If he thought he was fighting Flash and ended up fighting Amazo, it might leave an opening to get one shotted. That is basically what happened.

Starscream M
Thor is also >> Any High Herald. not necessarily. an argument can be made for surfer being more powerful.

Starscream M
Just like every other uber villian that comes along and does all kinds of crazy stuff and then gets tooled by a hero. Sounds like a regular comic story line. in those cases, heroes usually win through some sort of PIS crap....whats your point?

the ninjak
Now, here's a serious thought, what if MM was caught off guard? If he thought he was fighting Flash and ended up fighting Amazo, it might leave an opening to get one shotted. That is basically what happened.

MM was aware of everybody in his town. And manipulated them with ease.
Sentry found a crack in MM's control and destroyed him.
Bullseye was a bucket of water splashing out at MM.

SamZED
Now, here's a serious thought, what if MM was caught off guard? If he thought he was fighting Flash and ended up fighting Amazo, it might leave an opening to get one shotted. That is basically what happened. Thatd be the case if Sentry koed him with a cheapshot or something. But he beat him at molecule manipulation. He had more than enough time to react.

And nor is a non PIS Voidtry. You dont know that. Void's limits have never been shown. That's what makes it different from Spider-man beating Hulk. Its a known fact Hulk is more powerful. While the few times Voidtry cut loose he took Loki apart using m manipulation, reformed from nithingness, overloaded Absorbing Man, and almost murdered all earth's heroes (3 times actually) and last time they were all amped even. Its not hard to believe that his MM showing isnt PIS but simply another display of his power.

bbrem123
wow people hate this character...its amazing...how can you simply ignore all his feats...so much fail in this thread no

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Starscream M
not necessarily. an argument can be made for surfer being more powerful.

Sure, if you ignore Thor's superior feats and their encounters.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C

You really need to stop making stuff up.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Sure, if you ignore Thor's superior feats and their encounters. oh yeah, I forgot...thor could pull black holes outta his arse and speed up time and evolve life forms too huh roll eyes (sarcastic)

silly me erm

Rage.Of.Olympus
oh yeah, I forgot...thor could pull black holes outta his arse and speed up time and evolve life forms too huh roll eyes (sarcastic)

silly me erm

Is that supposed to be a list superior to what Thor has done or something?

And when has Surfer sped up time? His traveled through time, but that's less impressive than Thor whose actually turned back time.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
And when has Surfer sped up time? His traveled through time, but that's less impressive than Thor whose actually turned back time. iirc, he sped up time when he evolved a planet.

and a blackhole is more deadly than anything thor can produce.

Comics Queen
iirc, he sped up time when he evolved a planet.

and a blackhole is more deadly than anything thor can produce. Hell no. A black hole isn't going to dent a celetials armor or drive back galactus. Thor has.

quanchi112

Read
Think
....try following this simple step by step guide instead if whining and posting random smilies and u wud save urself from the constant embarrassment and idiotic displays....smh thumb up

PillarofOsiris
Considering BRB, who Thor has one shot, survived being right next to 2 black holes, I'd say Thor is going to survive a Black Hole.

the ninjak
What do black holes got to do with anything?

Void>>>black hole

Rage.Of.Olympus
iirc, he sped up time when he evolved a planet.

and a blackhole is more deadly than anything thor can produce.

The evolution feat? I don't remember the specifics but I guess it's either that or matter manipulation.

Lol. No.

Silent Master
Thor > Void/Sentry, seeing as Thor killed him.

PillarofOsiris
Thor > Void/Sentry, seeing as Thor killed him.

Agreed. And like I said before, if Thor was the dick Sentry/Void is, there'd be a lot of heroes and villains torn in half and beaten to death. A LOT.

Comics Queen
Agreed. And like I said before, if Thor was the dick Sentry/Void is, there'd be a lot of heroes and villains torn in half and beaten to death. A LOT. Agreed.

quanchi112
Thor > Void/Sentry, seeing as Thor killed him. If you ignore context and just make things up I can see where you'd say that.

the ninjak
Thor > Void/Sentry, seeing as Thor killed him. Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
Agreed. And like I said before, if Thor was the dick Sentry/Void is, there'd be a lot of heroes and villains torn in half and beaten to death. A LOT. Originally posted by Comics Queen
Agreed.

A sentry who wanted to die.

Nihilist
Team get a majority.

Silent Master
Right, Void/Sentry wanted to die so he went after the person who had the power to kill him. IOW, Thor.

bbrem123
Right, Void/Sentry wanted to die so he went after the person who had the power to kill him. IOW, Thor.

hahahaha....wow...u do know void has instant regeneration abilities right?....hmmm wonder why they didnt work this time

Comics Queen
Originally posted by bbrem123
hahahaha....wow...u do know void has instant regeneration abilities right?....hmmm wonder why they didnt work this time Do you think Mad Jim could kill the Void if he didn't want to die?

King Kandy
Why was this MM "not impressive" besides the perception that he must have been to lose to Sentry.

Slaanesh
Void for the majority..he is far more powerful than any single one of them..

King Kandy
lolno. In interview it was stated that Thor never could have killed him if he hadn't allowed it.

bbrem123
Do you think Mad Jim could kill the Void if he didn't want to die?

what does this have to do with what i said?...u kno im right so u try and flip the argument

we dont know voids limits period...we do know that he is well beyond any herald level character tho

King Kandy
Do you think Mad Jim could kill the Void if he didn't want to die?
Yes, but only because he's a powerful reality warper... if he just blasted void constantly, no, he couldn't.

bbrem123
Originally posted by King Kandy
Yes, but only because he's a powerful reality warper... if he just blasted void constantly, no, he couldn't. thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.