Martian Manhunter and Plastic Man vs Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
Who wins?

Solidus Black
If they play smart, they win. If they try playing fisticuffs, they lose.

Mini Bennett
Really? J'onn and Plastic Man are pretty powerful in there own right.

That, and all of the crazy things that these two can do.

The Nuul
Team can take some.

Prep-Man
Team.

PillarofOsiris
I think Thor wins the majority here.

leonidas
team certainly takes some. how many is the question.

Starscream M
Originally posted by leonidas
team certainly takes some. how many is the question. if thats the question, then answer it!

dmills
Team

Rage.Of.Olympus
Plastic Man had some impressive moments in Morrison's JLA but he feel off hard imo afterward. Their best bet is John's telepathy in combination with an attack. If they take Thor straight up, I'm favoring the Odinson. It also doesn't help that both members of the team are weak to the elements. John to extreme fire, and Plastic Man to extreme cold.

The Nuul
What would happened if Plastic Man jumps down Thors throat?

Prep-Man
Plastic Man has had some crazy feats even after Morrison's run.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I can think of maybe one or two notable ones afters Kelly's run but that's about it. Been a long time since I read v3. Was it Galan or Mungi who was knowledgeable when it came to Plastic Man? I forget.

Galan007
if j'onn fights smart and primarily uses a mixture of TP and intangibility, he has the potential to give thor a whole lot of trouble by himself. much the same can be said about eel (see his battle with fernus.)

together they certainly have the potential to take a solid majority, imo.

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Was it Galan or Mungi who was knowledgeable when it came to Plastic Man? I forget. i'm pretty familiar with him, but i'm certainly no chief authority.

team. tough fight for them though

celeyhyga17
Split...

Existere
Plastic Man has the unique capability to all but completely occupy Thor should he choose to fight physically. That's his biggest asset to this team- he wouldn't possess the means to actually take Thor down by any measure, but if he goes for

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/6436/pwnsbricktw0.th.jpghttp://img174.imageshack.us/img174/2914/pwnsbrick2yf7.th.jpg

http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/7522/suffocationih5.th.jpg

or any tactic similar to that, he'd give J'onn plenty of opportunity to utilize telepathy or even straight up punching an unaware Thor (since x-ray vision would allow him to see through Eel, who would be unaffected when J'onn punched through him to Thor's unprotected head/vital organs/whatever).

It may be wishful thinking to imagine that Eel would have the opportunity to try that tactic in the first place though. Meh.

Placidity
Originally posted by Existere

It may be wishful thinking to imagine that Eel would have the opportunity to try that tactic in the first place though. Meh.

Of course he would, look at Thor fight Hulk, which is a consistent thing. He fights like an idiot, when he could easily finish him with the amount of power he wields (or so we think).

zopzop
What's Plastic Man even add to the team? What's stopping Thor from zapping him to death with lightening while he engages MM? Or ripping him in half?

This is between MM and Thor. Split 5/10, it can go either way

The Nuul
PM could be a pain in the ass if Thor is not careful.

TricksterPriest
Rip Plastic Man? Doomsday's the only one who's ever done it. And no one before or since has. Zapping him might work, might not. He's extremely hard to hurt. Freezing him will definitely **** him up.

he's vulnerable to heat attacks as well, if they're sufficiently hot.

PillarofOsiris
BFR is always an option for Plastic Man, and its one thor has used in the past (Surtur, Destroyer, Juggernaut). But yeah, MMH is the huge threat here, and I give Thor a 7/10 edge on him one on one. With Plastic Man, it might drop down to 6/10.

Galan007
thor's not ripping plastic man in half. the doomsday thing was PIS at its finest.

zopzop
Originally posted by Galan007
thor's not ripping plastic man in half. the doomsday thing was PIS at its finest.

Galan, has Plastic Man ever been ripped or torn apart before? Didn't Nekron rip out his heart in Darkest Night or something?

And why is Doomsday ripping apart Plas PIS? Is he really that durable?!

DC has lots of interesting characters but they focus waaaaay too much on the "big" three.

carver9
Its pretty obvious it was PIS after all of the stuff PM has tanked without suffering damage. To my knowledge, he is completely invulnerable to physical harm and his hide could stretch to unknown lengths (the guy has grown 70 ft tall).

Thor only hope against him is bfr and MMH gets stomped by Thor imo.

-Pr-
Originally posted by zopzop
Galan, has Plastic Man ever been ripped or torn apart before? Didn't Nekron rip out his heart in Darkest Night or something?

And why is Doomsday ripping apart Plas PIS? Is he really that durable?!

DC has lots of interesting characters but they focus waaaaay too much on the "big" three.

if that was true anymore i might actually be happy.

TricksterPriest
Nekron from Blackest Night is not a low showing at all. He's a death based abstract. Plus, he was juiced from the anti-monitor.

Galan007
Didn't Nekron rip out his heart in Darkest Night or something?

And why is Doomsday ripping apart Plas PIS? Is he really that durable? that wasn't nekron, but yeah, that ridiculous shit happened -- and yes, i can call it 'ridiculous' because plastic man having a literal heart that can be ripped out, subsequently 'killing' him goes against pretty much his entire established history (that's johns for ya.) for instance, the guy has been separated into millions of microscopic pieces in the past, and was able to reform none the worse for wear.

why is doomsday ripping him in half PIS? well, eel has become larger than skyscrapers (his battle with fernus.) So even if you assume DD has an armspan of 12 feet, that *shouldn't* even register as a warm up for PM.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Galan007
that wasn't nekron, but yeah, that ridiculous shit happened -- and yes, i can call it 'ridiculous' because plastic man having a literal heart that can be ripped out, subsequently 'killing' him goes against pretty much his entire established history (that's johns for ya.) for instance, the guy has been separated into millions of microscopic pieces in the past, and was able to reform none the worse for wear.
but how do you assume that the microscopic pieces instance wasn't the PIS instant?

Existere
Originally posted by Starscream M
but how do you assume that the microscopic pieces instance wasn't the PIS instant? Because Plastic Man's been separated into many parts on numerous instances, as well as being liquified, frozen solid, matter manipulated, etc. He's always returned to his same basic physiology, sometimes with a little help.

Additionally, he's been described as completely inorganic, as being composed of entirely the same composition, etc.

Never once was a heart ever mentioned, indicated or implied. Quite the reverse, actually.

Starscream M
ok.

so does he have organs...or a brain for that matter?

Existere
Originally posted by Existere
Additionally, he's been described as completely inorganic Originally posted by Starscream M
so does he have organs Originally posted by Existere
Additionally, he's been described as completely inorganic Originally posted by Starscream M
so does he have organs Originally posted by Existere
Additionally, he's been described as completely inorganic

Starscream M
lol

detective, you've outdone yourself!

Tha C-Master
Master, don't be discouraged by his trickery and mind games, show why you are #1!

Solidus Black
plas has no internal organs and exists completely in a semifluid state.

at gradual changes in low or high temperatures he is relatively resistant. with rapid changes, he turns solid or liquid in a flash.

Omega Vision
What's Plastic Man even add to the team? What's stopping Thor from zapping him to death with lightening while he engages MM? Or ripping him in half?
Lol someone doesn't know much about Eel.

King Castle
depends how Thor fights he could lose or win.

Martian_mind
Thor loses.

MM doesn't even need Plas.

zopzop
Yo, I check his respect thread (didn't even know he had one) and he's type awesome. He jammed his finger in Diana's ear and carefully killed a probe that was controlling her. I saw that he grew to skyscraper size!

His body is mad durable and I don't think Thor can rip him in half that fast, if at all, now.

Assuming PIS/CIS off, what's to stop Plastic Man from wrapping himself around Thor then slinking into his ears or nostrils, then expanding to his 70 story size exploding Thor and killing him instantly?

That'd be a nasty way to go.

BFRing one of them ASAP is Thor's only hope.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Assuming Plastic Man would even attempt that (Not sure if he could), Thor creates extreme temperatures.

If we want to start acting like John and Plastic Man are fighting all competent like or to the best of their abilities, showings etc. we have to apply the same to Thor. Wouldn't favor the chances then personally.

Their best bet is John going for the telepathic attack right off the bat and then closing the gap quickly, jumping Thor.

Thor 4-6/10

Prep-Man
Yo, I check his respect thread (didn't even know he had one) and he's type awesome. He jammed his finger in Diana's ear and carefully killed a probe that was controlling her. I saw that he grew to skyscraper size!

His body is mad durable and I don't think Thor can rip him in half that fast, if at all, now.

Assuming PIS/CIS off, what's to stop Plastic Man from wrapping himself around Thor then slinking into his ears or nostrils, then expanding to his 70 story size exploding Thor and killing him instantly?

That'd be a nasty way to go.

BFRing one of them ASAP is Thor's only hope.

I'll agree with this. Plastic Man is pretty hard to put down, even under extreme temperatures. Plus Thor will have his hands full with MM. Who would give Thor a run for his money if he is competent. Check Ostrander's run. Still going with team for now.

Philosophía
Team 1 for a majority.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.