Thor vs. Hercules vs. Orion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kbclassof09
A god of war, a god of strength, and a god of thunder slug it out in a 1 on 1 on 1 brawl. Classic versions only. Hand 2 Hand Combat no weapons, additional powers,equipment,etc. Just pure brawn and toughness. Fight takes place in Asgard...

Philosophía
Orion.

Valtot
orion

Black bolt z
H2h only.

Orion.

PillarofOsiris
Without the hammer Thor doesn't stand much of a chance against Orion. I really wish they'd do a story arc where Thor mysteriously lost his hammer for like 6 months (maybe Odin is takes it away to teach Thor to stand on his own to prepare him for something), and really built up feats for him with no weapons.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
Without the hammer Thor doesn't stand much of a chance against Orion. I really wish they'd do a story arc where Thor mysteriously lost his hammer for like 6 months (maybe Odin is takes it away to teach Thor to stand on his own to prepare him for something), and really built up feats for him with no weapons. hercules>thor in h2h

CosmicComet
Without the hammer Thor doesn't stand much of a chance against Orion. I really wish they'd do a story arc where Thor mysteriously lost his hammer for like 6 months (maybe Odin is takes it away to teach Thor to stand on his own to prepare him for something), and really built up feats for him with no weapons.

Indeed. I love Thor, but Mjolnir is annoying as hell.

It almost *feels* like a crutch with how much he uses it.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by CosmicComet

I liked in the previous volume of Thor, during the Ragnarok arc, Thor admitted he had leaned on Mjolnir too often and invoked his own godly powers. He should engage in more bouts of strength and H2H, but I'm doubtful we'll see that from Fraction's run if he plans to go a more cosmic route.

long pig
Orion is like the Hulk, meaning he's heals like crazy, basically invulnerable, doesn't tire and the astro force provides him with theoretical limitless strength. He differs from Hulk by having with super speed, reflexes and intelligence. Oh, and PC karate kid level martial arts. So yeah he'd non-consentially sodomize them both.

long pig
Indeed. I love Thor, but Mjolnir is annoying.

It almost *feels* like a crutch with how much he uses it. ha. You do realize that mjolnir used to litterally transform into a actual crutch, right.

GRIMNIR
In this forum probably Orion wins

In my universe

H2H would be

Hercules>Thor>Orion

Overall powers

Orion and Thor>Hercules

Rage.Of.Olympus

Thor doesn't stand much of a chance? What the f*ck?

It has been made pretty clear how formidable Thor is without the damn thing. Arguably as formidable in hand to hand as Orion without it. If Orion wins the majority in hand to hand (I don't think he would. His most likely superior movement speed would be the greatest issue imo.), it'd be one hell of a fight with the dog being completely exhausted.

Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
hercules>thor in h2h

Untrue except for one particular story. Either Thor got more skilled or it's an extreme that's been forgotten. I assume that you agree with Thor being physically beyond Hercules when he gets pushed as it's been proved like twice.

Yea, I really need to start posting more scans.

Characters in comics have outright claimed Thor is nothing without his hammer only to be proven wrong. Still don't get this misconception that Thor is weak without Mjolnir when it's been straight up disproved decades ago.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
formidable in hand to hand as Orion without it. Thor is no where near as formidable in H2h as Orion no expression. At least not skill wise

When thor goes all out yeah hes stronger then herc. But herc is still better in h2h.

PillarofOsiris
For some reason it feels like Hercules gives Thor way too many problems in comics compared to how herc fares against other characters. Its like Hercules vs Thor > Hercules vs anyone else.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Hercules is a poor man's Thor. If a writer doesn't have the balls to use Thor, they're (Or were) more likely to use stands in like Hercules, Wonder Man etc.

Originally posted by Black bolt z
Thor is no where near as formidable in H2h as Orion no expression. At least not skill wise

When thor goes all out yeah hes stronger then herc. But herc is still better in h2h.

And I'm going to the extreme? Only idiots think Thor's nowhere formidable as Orion in hand to hand. And you'd be hard pressed to prove Orion's a more skilled fighter, much less a lot more skilled.

If you think that's the case, I can live with it. There's still more evidence proving Thor being physically superior than there is proving Hercules is more skilled. That's just directly.

Badabing
Hercules is a poor man's Thor. If a writer doesn't have the balls to use Thor, they're (Or were) more likely to use stands in like Hercules, Wonder Man etc.

And I'm going to the extreme? Only idiots think Thor's nowhere formidable as Orion in hand to hand. And you'd be hard pressed to prove Orion's a more skilled fighter, much less a lot more skilled.

If you think that's the case, I can live with it. There's still more evidence proving Thor being physically superior than there is proving Hercules is more skilled. That's just directly. dur

Rage.Of.Olympus
Everything I said, I can back up.

durthor

TricksterPriest
Oh really? We've got scans of Orion tooling the best fighters in the new gods, and using skill in H2H. Even against his own father, a formidable combatant in his own right.

Mindset
Herc

psycho gundam
Originally posted by long pig
ha. You do realize that mjolnir used to litterally transform into a actual crutch, right. i lol'd

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Oh really? We've got scans of Orion tooling the best fighters in the new gods, and using skill in H2H. Even against his own father, a formidable combatant in his own right.

That proves Orion is noticeably more skilled than Thor? Lol, whatever you say bud.

The fight against Darkseid in Simonson's run was impressive enough. It should be noted, that Darkseid wanted to lose or whatever so it's not all Orion. I also recall energy manipulation and such being used in the end.

Philosophía
Walt Simonson, the writer, stated that Darkseid was going all-out in the actual h2h combat, since Orion is too good and would have caught on if Darkseid hadn't given it his all.

Mindset
Walt Simonson is a liar, just like you.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Philosophía
Yes.

Prep-Man
Orion took out DS in countdown, but he was amped by the Source. I say Orion wins this.

TricksterPriest
Lol.

Has he? That's good. I was tired of Darkseid fans trying to spin it into Darkseid holding back. I'm assuming Darkseid allowed the Omega Beams to defeat him or some such.

Pretty much. And that was an avatar. And given Orion's skill, it makes perfect sense that DS was going all out in the H2H part, and used the Omega Beams, which were against the rules to being with, as a way to forfeit.

Given that Orion was laid up for at least a week, and DS was fine, it's pretty obvious who came on on top.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.