Pick someone whose life you think would make a great film.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BruceLeesGhost
My choice is Lightening Lee Murray.

Which of the following is true about "Lightning" Lee Murray?

(a) He's the meanest MMA fighter ever to walk the streets of London.

(b) He's suspected of masterminding the biggest bank heist in history.

(c) Although stuck in a Moroccan prison, he's a bit tricky to pin down.

Actually, it's (d) -- all of the above.

http://sports.espn.go.com/extra/mma/news/story?id=4289234

jaden101
Alistair Urquart

Sir Ranulph Fiennes

0mega Spawn
Sugar Ray Robinson... PERIOD

SzAj3DAeGcg

R.I.P
read up on him & tell me that is movies quality material

edit - video got me tearing up & shyt

Lord Lucien
I'd rather an amazing biopic not be wasted on another boxer.

0mega Spawn
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
I'd rather an amazing biopic not be wasted on another boxer. WTF wasted? read up on the guy like i said. or don't even make such comments about SRR

Rogue Jedi
Carrot top.

Bicnarok
Haile gebrselassie

amazing athlete.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by 0mega Spawn
WTF wasted? read up on the guy like i said. or don't even make such comments about SRR Boxers=boring. So are briefs. That's why I go commando.

Omega Vision
Otto Von Bismarck
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otto_von_Bismarck

Emperor Norton I
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emperor_Norton

Lope DeVega
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lope_de_Vega

Boudica
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boudica

Arthur Rimbaud
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_Rimbaud

Kahena
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kahina

The Dark Cloud
I'd rather an amazing biopic not be wasted on another boxer.

Or any sports figure

WHAAM!
Originally posted by The Dark Cloud
Or any sports figure

That's why Lee Murray would be so cool, it is a real English Gangster story.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by The Dark Cloud
Or any sports figure Yeah, as thrilling as their climb to the top is for them, watching a sports player's life on the big screen as never been anything short of a waste of time.

alltoomany
mine

King Kandy
Ken Kesey.

Darth Piggott
Sugar Ray Robinson... PERIOD

SzAj3DAeGcg

R.I.P
read up on him & tell me that is movies quality material

edit - video got me tearing up & shyt

thumb up

0mega Spawn
Yeah, as thrilling as their climb to the top is for them, watching a sports player's life on the big screen as never been anything short of a waste of time. climb to top... refusing to take a fall for the mob... dreaming about killing his next opponent, then that dream coming true... going 173/19 record...then lose your mind as your alzheimers kicks in... yea totally boring roll eyes (sarcastic)

you probably would rather a brokeback mountain sequel... laughing

inimalist
climb to top... refusing to take a fall for the mob... dreaming about killing his next opponent, then that dream coming true... going 173/19 record...then lose your mind as your alzheimers kicks in... yea totally boring roll eyes (sarcastic)

that doesn't sound very exciting, no

neither does the OP really, with the exception of a bank heist, but I'd rather see the heist movie than the biopic

EDIT: but seriously, why make another boxing movie? You get anything you'd ever want in Pulp Fiction and Great White Hype

0mega Spawn
Originally posted by inimalist
that doesn't sound very exciting, no

neither does the OP really, with the exception of a bank heist, but I'd rather see the heist movie than the biopic

EDIT: but seriously, why make another boxing movie? You get anything you'd ever want in Pulp Fiction and Great White Hype im assuming you have a better person whose life you think would make a great film.

also Sugar Ray Robinson isnt just some boxer. he's THE boxer. :mad

inimalist
not really, I can think of events that might be interesting, but the quality of mainstream film is so low that I can't say I'd be overly eager for them to rush on anything.

if anything, I'd probably be most interested in weird director/subject combos. like, terrintino doing the life of Mohammed or something

oh shit, scrap all that. the answer is Oliver North

0mega Spawn
Originally posted by inimalist
not really, I can think of events that might be interesting, but the quality of mainstream film is so low that I can't say I'd be overly eager for them to rush on anything.

if anything, I'd probably be most interested in weird director/subject combos. like, terrintino doing the life of Mohammed or something

oh shit, scrap all that. the answer is Oliver North what's so interesting about him? no expression

Pinkie Pie
An epic movie about "Carolus Rex", or Carl the 12th of Sweden as he is most known as. He is the greatest war regent of Sweden in recorded times and was feared all across Europe. He defeated Russia with the odds 1 to 5 during his first army battle. I know there are historic examples where people have done better, but that's just the start of an amazing life story.

Oh yeah and he killed bears without firearm or bladed weapon. A club and a net. He also fought the Turkish army with fifty men and put up a fight big grin

0mega Spawn
Originally posted by Pinkie Pie
An epic movie about "Carolus Rex", or Carl the 12th of Sweden as he is most known as. He is the greatest war regent of Sweden in recorded times and was feared all across Europe. He defeated Russia with the odds 1 to 5 during his first army battle. I know there are historic examples where people have done better, but that's just the start of an amazing life story.

Oh yeah and he killed bears without firearm or bladed weapon. A club and a net. He also fought the Turkish army with fifty men and put up a fight big grin forgive me while i sleep due to this boring story eek!

Pinkie Pie
And you call me the troll.

His story would make a better movie than many stories out there about historical characters. The reason large parts of the world feared him was because they believed, with reason, that he had God with him in his battle. They also believed he was not killable because he always charged in the first line and no matter how much they shot at him, he was barely ever hit. He assessed three bullet injuries while fighting on the front for 21 years. He did not once return home after he set out once he became king.

He persuaded the Turkish regent three times to attack Russia out of loyalty to the Swedish alliance. When the Turkish people refused to be moved into war because of the charismatic Swedish king, they took the Turkish army to the Swedish embassy in Turkey and against fifty men had to work real hard to even get in. Canons, fire, bullets. The Swedish force stood against everything.

Carolus Rex survived that too and the Turkish people forced him to go home to Sweden. During his return to Sweden, he was shot his third time in the chest. He refused to return home and heal, instead moved his forces against the Danish front to continue defending his country.

Carolus Rex is a better movie character than the crap majority that Hollywood and other movie companies write about smile

inimalist
what's so interesting about him? no expression

the most heinous and powerful criminal gangster of the 20th century

people like Rick Ross, the Cali cartel, Pablo Escobar and the entire crack epidemic that spread across America from Los Angeles to New York, wouldn't have existed without Oliver North. His work not only fueled drugs into America, propped up and protected major international criminal organizations, but he also sold weapons to all number of terrorist groups.

Did I mention he worked for the NSA during all this, was actively involved in overthrowing several dictators, and personally shredded all the files relevant to these wrongdoings? Oh, and he was acting on presidential orders?

Now he is a commentator on Fox news, and says wonderful things like "America needs to stop apologizing to the world".

whats even more awesome, this is all a matter of public record, and George Tennent, while director of the CIA, essentially confirmed the close ties between North's people and the drug cartels, and nobody knows who Oliver North is.

If there were ever a biopic just waiting to be made, that is it.

marwash22
Hugh Hefner.

0mega Spawn
if he did all this & shredded the files how do we know it happened?

self confession?

Darth Piggott
I think Oliver North sounds like an interesting movie. I just looked him up thumb up

Lord Lucien
climb to top... refusing to take a fall for the mob... dreaming about killing his next opponent, then that dream coming true... going 173/19 record...then lose your mind as your alzheimers kicks in... yea totally boring roll eyes (sarcastic)

you probably would rather a brokeback mountain sequel... laughing Compared to some boxer I don't care about... yeah. Gay cowboys will always be superior.

0mega Spawn

Rogue Jedi
Billy Idol.

Slay
Kader Abdollah. Studied physics in Teheran, where he joined the left-wing movement opposing the Sjah and later Khomeini, fleeing to the Netherlands as a political refugee in 1988. He then went on to write ''The House of the Mosque'', which became a best-seller and later was elected as the second best novel ever written in the Dutch language.

Dr Will Hatch
Dallas Stoudenmire, an underrated and overlooked Old West lawman and gunslinger would make for a great biopic.

And I second Otto Von Bismarck and Emperor Norton I. big grin

Mr Parker
I am actually trying to devolop a tv show out of this guy who is my best friends brother.everybody that meets him agrees that he is the strangest oddball character they have ever met.He is every bit as hysterical as fred sanford only HE is real. laughing laughing

inimalist
if he did all this & shredded the files how do we know it happened?

self confession?

he kept a detailed journal, he didn't shred everything/there are multiple, redundant copies of some documents, and say what you will about the media, America has some of the best investigative journalists on the planet

Carpp
Tom delonge

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.